main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT "Outlander" Social Club: Darth Chiznuk's hangout till October

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth-Horax, Dec 5, 2005.

1. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I saw on TV somewhere clips from some adward show where Geroge Lopez was just ripping on her and the camrea kept cutting to her in the auidience and I couldnt help but come to the sad realazation that she didnt get one of the jokes he said.

And it was creepy cause I think I saw her dad put his hand on her thigh.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Scary. Other than her show, MTV Germany is very interesting and I watch it a lot when I am at my friends' place. Good way to learn some of the more slang-ish phrases and words. :D

3. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    MTV Germany?! Wow didnt know that show was in other parts of the world. Im shure we will try to put a western culture in the middle east by putting MTV Iraq on the air. Do they have all the shows like Next, and room raiders and real world and all that? Personally I cant stand MTV, Im more of a VH1 guy. VH1 totally pwns.

4. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    They have a mixture of American MTV shows with subtitles and German MTV shows made here. It's kind of the same thing as America though I haven't seen any real world or road rules or anything.

5. DarthButt

DarthButt Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2003
    I swear you must be reading my mind thechozn1! Couldn't have said any of that better.

=D=

Big Metallica, Van Halen, and Def Leppard fan here. You're right Strilo, DL puts on a hell of a show.

6. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Van Halen Officialy Pwns Everyone.

7. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    I love Van Halen. I saw them in 2004 on the reunion tour with Sammy. Amazing show. 4th time seeing them.

8. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Man, I just lost so much respect for you. 8-}

As Nerf Herder said in their song "Van Halen",

I bought Van Halen I
    It was the best damn record I ever owned
    TG&Y 1978
    Two hand tapping guitar technique really got me off
    Eruption yeah, ain't talkin' 'bout love, I'm on fire

Tomorrow may come
    Tomorrow may never come again
    Can't you hear Jamie cryin?
    She's runnin' with the devil

I bought Women and Children First
    Fair Warning and Van Halen II
    Dance the night away
    1984 my favorite record yeah I wore it down
    Might as well jump

Tomorrow may come

Is this what you wanted, Sammy Hagar?
    Sammy Hagar, is this what you wanted, man?
    Dave lost his hairline but you lost your cool buddy
    Can't drive 55
    I'll never buy your lousy records again
    Again, again, again, never again...

Tomorrow may come
    Jump jump jump jump jump jump jump, might as well jump

9. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Wow okay. Anyway I have had my fill of raving Dave fans in my life. I've always liked Sammy better and if you don't like that, well... sorry. He's a musician. Dave was a monkey showman with no musical talent who had to fill out the records with lousy remakes.

10. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Glad to be in good company :D

11. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Metallica can kiss my ass. I liked their music but after they called me a thief and whined like babies about their music being stolen (when earlier they had encouraged fans to bootleg their music) I washed my hands of them. I need never hear their **** again. **** Metallica.

Def Leppard kick butt. They've never put out a bad album. I have all but the first and every one of them is good. Lots of fun. I need more fun music. :)

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    No, no - you're quite right - I think they're better with Hagar as well, I just think that Nerf Herder song is hilarious.

There's definitely a strong place in rock n' roll for 'fun' music; that's where AC/DC fits in for me.

Also, I'm a huge Bon Jovi fan.

13. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Metallica can kiss my ***. I liked their music but after they called me a thief and whined like babies about their music being stolen (when earlier they had encouraged fans to bootleg their music) I washed my hands of them. I need never hear their **** again. **** Metallica./i]

You mean the whole Napstar mess? And when did Metallica encourage people to bootleg? I missed that.

14. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005

YES! =D= They are supposed to be rockers and then they complain about people stealing thier music which when they were first starting out they would probaly be so thankful people just wanted to listen to them. They sold out and they suck.

I gotta completly disagree with you bout Sammy. I didnt go to the 04 show for the sole purpose that I like Van Halen, not Van Hagar :p. I just like Dave's voice and songs better thats all. Van Halen fans may argue over Sam and Diamond Dave but they can all agree that Eddie totally shreds and pwns everyone.

15. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    Well I'll have to disagree with you on the Metallica thing. I don't want to get into that debate though.

I do agree with the latter though. I do have to say I wasn't too thrilled about X. It had two great songs on it but the rest were kind of blah to me. I know I should give it a second chance, but I guess I have to wait on the mood. "You're So Beautiful" is one of the best songs they've ever written.

I play guitar, so as long as it's Eddie, I don't really care who's singing. Sammy has to be my over-all favorite. By far the best live shows I've ever seen. I'm glad the Gary Cherone thing has come and gone though. That said, "Year to the Day" has the most personally moving guitar solo he's ever played, IMO. Still gives me chill bumps.

16. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Bon Jovi also rocks. Two of their new songs get played here all the time and I like both.

When Metallica was young and new and struggling they encouraged their fans to copy tapes of their music and spread it around so people could hear it. They just wanted their music heard. Then they went the whole greed is good route and wound up whining that fans were stealing their music. Lars Ulrich actually said something to the tune of anyone who has used napster to download our music is a thief. I took personal offense to that, as Napster and downloading their music had led directly to me buying three of their CDs. He didn't see online music for what it is: the new radio. So I sold their CDs back and haven't listened since.

Oh I think X is great. "Now" is strong, "Long, Long Way To Go" is possibly their best ballad since "Tonight," "Four-Letter Word" is a fun blend of Lep, Aerosmith and AC/DC and I think "Scar" is just a hard rocking anthem ala Pyromania. The solos in that song and the structure remind me so much of pre-Hysteria Lep. I love it. I do see that X is way more poppish than they usually are.

I agree about Ed. Without him and Alex there is no Van Halen. Who is singing is I think second to the guitar. But I have always strongly preferred Sammy and I always will. I always go for substance over style and that is pretty much the difference between Sammy and Dave.

17. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    I took personal offense to that, as Napster and downloading their music had led directly to me buying three of their CDs. He didn't see online music for what it is: the new radio. So I sold their CDs back and haven't listened since.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I would agree with selling off their CDs in that light.

I gather from you sig that you like Depeche Mode. Have you listened to their new CD?

18. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I think it's quite excellent.

Impossible to top the days of Violator, but far better than Exciter.

Fortunately, downloading mp3s hasn't yet been ruled as illegal in Canada. :)

19. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I definitely agree that as long as a VH song has great guitar, it doesn't matter who is singing. However, I think there were a lot more great guitar songs with Dave than with Sammy, because they hadn't discovered the synthesizer yet... :p

ps Nerf Herder > All

20. YoungAngus

May 7, 2005
    Dave may be an egotistical physco but I still love him the best and think he is one of the best frontmen ever.

Sammy is defintly way better than that third guy who I dont bother to remember his name.

Im a guitar player and I think Eddie is probaly one of the best players Ive studied. I have alot of trouble with his music and his creativity and uniqueness makes him great.

21. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Yeah I saw Depeche Mode in Atlanta last year. Great show. Played for about 3 hours. 2nd row was quite nice.

22. DarthButt

Jun 11, 2003
    I can play more Van Halen songs than I care to admit. Eddie keyboards actually influenced me to pick up playing the piano for a bit. I loved playing "Not Enough" and "Feels So Good". I love the entire OU812 album. Then I really got into Bethoven. Then I just lost my interest in it for some reason. I need to get back into it.

I tell you what though, granted I wasn't too thrilled with the whole Gary Cherone thing, the Van Halen III tour with him kicked serious ass live. They played a lot of stuff from Women and Children First and Fair Warning (my fav. Dave era album). It rocked.

23. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Really? Cuz 1984, Jump, I'll Wait, Dancin' In The Streets and other songs beg to differ with you... ;)

24. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    As I just said on AIM... I've never liked "Jump," oddly enough, and I think that may kill a bit of it for me.

25. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes but that doesn't change the fact that there were synth songs with Dave as well as MANY MANY great guitar songs with Sammy. Don't make me list them because you know I will.