Outlived (A missing scene from The Phantom Menace)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by ZaraValinor, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZaraValinor Force Ghost

star 4
    Obi-Wan stood outside his and Anakin's suite watching the domed assembly area that would be the place of his Master's funeral, the place where they would lay Qui-Gon on the pyre and once Naboo's primary touched the horizon, they would touch the torch to the pyre. Fire would consume the body of Obi-Wan's beloved Master, smoke would rise, returning Qui-Gon's spirit to the Force and the body would be broken down to the elemental ashes of all life.

Behind him he heared Anakin squirming around in his bed, pulling yet another cover Obi-Wan had placed on top of him, closer to his body. The boy was still trying to adjust to the different temperature of Naboo. During the day the weather did not strike him, but at night and first thing in the morning, he could have easily frozen to death. Obi-Wan hadn't minded turning up the heat regulator, for with Qui-Gon, the Master had always kept their quarters very chilly. Or to Obi-Wan's standard. Obi-Wan often thought that Qui-Gon would have been comfortable on Hoth with just his tunics and robe.

A smile begged to touch his lips but Obi-Wan fought it down. It was easier if he didn't think about Qui-Gon, if he didn't try to remember.

Keep your concentration on the here and now, where it belongs.

Obi-Wan would do that now. He had a Padawan, or soon to be Padawan, to look after. Anakin hand't actually agreed or been told yet, that Obi-Wan would be allowed to train him.

In his most defiant tone, Obi-Wan had told the Council in no uncertain terms that he would be training Anakin and that if they disagreed he would leave the Order. Thankfully, they had agreed, although Yoda still held misgivings. Obi-Wan had not been enthused at the thought that he would have to leave the Order once again. But he had given his word and as he told Master Yoda, he would not go back on it.

Obi-Wan would have liked to think that he had arosen early because he had wish to watch the sun go up, but that was not it. He had not actually awoken this morning, but he had already been awake the entire night. Every time he closed his eyes, he saw that yellow eyed, satanic visage of the Dark Lord of the Sith. He saw the glee and manic joy in those evil eyes, as the Sith ran his Master through. He remembered the overwhelming anger that had risen in him and the darktide in his emotions. If he had not caught himself, he might have joined the Sith in his darkly pursuit, he might have become one of them.

He had told the Council truthfully and plainly how close he had come, but he did not think they understood. He had not killed this Sith in anger, but he could not deny that he was angry with him. That he hated the Sith with all his being. And he still hated the Sith. No, he had not killed the Sith to seek vengence, or to assuage his pain, because neither of them had been met. If he had not struck down the Dark Lord, it would have been himself cleaved in two and hurling down the reactor shaft.

Darkness might have still taken him, if Qui-Gon had not bestowed Anakin to him. The boy had suddenly become a tether for him, something to latch onto, focus all his energy on. Once Obi-Wan had dealt with his feelings of jealousy towards the boy and had actually spoken to Anakin, his soon to be apprentice had caught the remaining pieces of his heart in a vice. Anakin was nearly as heartbroken as Obi-Wan and they bonded in their grief.

"Deep in thought, you are," A mewling voice said, and Obi-Wan didn't have to turn to know that it was Master Yoda behind him.

Still, he did so, and knelt before the diminuitive Jedi Master. "Good morning, Master."

"Good the morning is, but sad as well. Great loss do you carry, not ready for the burdden are you," Master Yoda laid a three clawed hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder.

"I never imagined it would be him, Master. We did so many impossible things, I thought if any of us were to be killed it would be me, not him," Obi-Wan said, fighting back the swell of emotion that surged.

"Nearly eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. S
  2. obaona Force Ghost

star 4
    That was great! Very sweet and touching, and I loved the end, with the three of them. :)
  3. ZaraValinor Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks. I wanted it to foreshadow the way the stand together in death.
  4. Isildur_42 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey, very nice story, you are a good writer. You seemed to capture the mood just right.

I like reading the stories nobody else seems to want to read, since I know what you are going through, thanks to the 2 stories i have posted here on TF.N .

If you wouldn't mind reading my main story (link in signature) and saying anything, it doesn't matter what, about it in a post...I would be very very greatful. Thank you in advance, I hope...

~Isildur
  5. jacen200015 Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Isildur_42 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This too, needs an Upping, just like patterns, so get your towels ready. That hoopy you sass named Isildur is here, and he is quite a frood.

~Isildur

PS:(Sass: know, be aware of, meet, have sex with; hoopy: really together guy; frood: really amazingly together guy.)
  7. ZaraValinor Force Ghost

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.