main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Outrageous Fortune

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    "O, for a muse of fire..."

Prologue

PUCK enters, disheveled.

PUCK: Forgive me, please, for I have cause
    in fleshy frame to beg a pause
    for breath.

[image=http://i.esmas.com/image/0/000/005/330/faunoNT_.jpg]

There. That's better.
    Gentles all, twere well you know
    that I, one Robin Goodfellow,
    do at my peril risk for you
    Certain Information's due
    deliv'ry unto worthy hands
    that may unshackle from its bands
    the land of Rosland.
    And for the better explanation
    I will, sans further hesitation,

Stop speaking in this awful rhyme scheme because, really, it's dreadful inefficient.

[image=http://movie-reviews.com.au/sites/default/files/images/074.jpg]

Welcome. Look around. All who wake in Rosland wake here of a sudden, near the Dark Wood, unsure of how they arrived. Or when. Some have died, and believe this land eternal Heaven. Or Hell. Some men still living, in the midst of greatest turmoil, have awoken here. Some come to in a glen. Some upon a beach. No one knows the purpose of it all, but most believe that all the world's a stage, guided by the quill of an almighty Bard that writes our lives.

We fairies, elves, and monsters were the First Ones, and we've always lived in the Dark Wood, Arden. Mankind came kicking and screaming, squabbling and fighting later. The land had no name and now it has three. Noble Titus rules lawful Caesarium. Dotty Lear and his daughters rule Anglos, a land once pastoral. Macbeth rules Glamis with his wicked Queen, a land scorched by war. And Arden's in the middle of it all.

That's where the problems started.

So whether man or fairy-kin,
    you see...that is where you come in,
    and how you choose to save the day
    depends upon the role you play.
    There's war upon the Kingdoms, here,
    Begotten by a Fairie's rage.
    Role-players saving Rosland dear
    shall be the passage of our stage.

Welcome to [b]Outrageous Fortune,[/b] an adventure RP borrowing from a different kind of fandom.

[b]The Setting[/b]

Rosland, a land populated by characters from the full canon of the works of WIlliam Shakespeare. Some awake in Rosland after having been killed. Some awake in the midst of some great trouble before finding a solution. Some find themselves in Rosland years after the end of their tale. Don't be scared of what your high school English teacher would think: we aim to have fun!

[b]Characters[/b]

Name:(A [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shakespearean_characters_(A%E2%80%93K)]Shakespeare[/link] [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Shakespearean_characters_(L%E2%80%93Z)]character[/link].)
    Appearance: (Your character's appearance.)
    Biography: (Your character's biography at the start of the game. Not every Player Character must be a new arrival in Rosland; if you're not, what have you been doing since your awakening there, at the edge of the dark wood?)

[b]Rules[/b]
    - PM sheets to the GM for approval.
    - The GM's word goes.

[blockquote][i]"All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts...[/i]
    - Jacques, [i]As You Like It,[/i] II.vii[/blockquote]

2. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Anglos
    [image=http://www.theonering.com/images/medialibrary/card_001.jpg]
    Beautiful Anglos spread across Rosland's north, ruled by the wise King Lear. Much of the land remains idyllic to the eye, though much has changed since before the war. Full half of Rosland belonged to Lear, but repelling Macbeth's forces reduced much of the land to useless ash that the mad thane nevertheless clung to. Since the war, the King's mind has been steadily deteriorating under the influence of his advisors and confidants. His kingdom has been split between the two of his daughters that awoke with him in Rosland: Cordelia and Regan. Goneril's mysterious absence has been a source of anguish for Lear since his arrival.

[b]Caesarium[/b]
    [image=http://movieimage4.tripod.com/gladiator/gladiator21.jpg]
    One of the first two kingdoms, Caesarium spread across the southern half of Rosland with Julius Caesar at its helm. It was ever a land of nobility and law, art, politics, and commerce. The capital, Octavia, remains the pinnacle of culture in all of Rosland, even as it has become more martial since the War winnowed Caesarium's holdings down to but a third of the land. Initially, there were rumblings in the Senate as to whether or not it was appropriate to make a general king - there were those that claimed he'd already proved himself unfit in the World Outside - but the War put and end to any doubts, both due to Caesar's impeccable leadership and to his untimely assassination at the hands of his trusted ensign, Macbeth. He was replaced by Titus of the Andronici, who, along with heroes Theseus and Hipolyta, drove Macbeth's forces back in the South.
    [hr]
    [b]Glamis[/b]
    [image=http://www.lotrscenerybuilder.org/images/Barad-dur_large/Barad-dur_Dark_Tower_Sauron_II_large.jpg]
    Ash. Nearly all of Glamis is ash, still simmering. A brave soldier in his prior life, upon waking up in Rosland Macbeth felt tugs of destiny, encouraged by the Wyrd Sisters, a trio of witches that live on the outskirts of the Dark Wood. He joined with Caesar in the conquest of the South, and when Caesar was crowned, Macbeth and his wife were pricked by ambition. At her behest, Macbeth slew Caesar. Brave, noble Macbeth was cleared of suspicion, and he and Titus set to work keeping order in the ensuing panic. While the Senate bickered, the truth of Macbeth's treachery was outed, and the troops under his command found themselves fighting a civil war - the lands that they had been stewarding for Caesarium now belonged to Macbeth. In the fighting, Macbeth pushed north as well, reaping lands that answered to Lear. The War, which raged for decades, left his land scorched by means both conventional and magical - in fact, some speculate that Glamis would have fallen were it not for the demonwitch Sycorax's aid. In the century or so that has followed, Caesarium and Anglos have had little business with Glamis, allowing the King to rule over his wasteland from his distant tower.

3. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Arden, the Dark Wood
    [image=http://lyricsfever.net/images/d/dark-forest--img-m0a5090308d572c80b52513ca6b8d538a.jpg]

All who wake in Rosland do so near the Dark Wood of Arden, a thick forest that spreads across the breadth of all three kingdoms. It's not surprising, then, that it fills most of those who live there with a religious awe - those who believe hold that the forest has a special connection to the Bard and to the World Outside. It is avoided by most, more out of respect than outright fear; though it is inhabited by monsters, gods, and the fairy folk, there are pleasant vales and heaths, as well; beauty overpowers the darkness, there, and most who wander in do not care to leave again. Rest assured, however, that there are dangers there. Nonetheless, Arden is also home to exiles, brigands, crazies, hermits and runaways. It is frequented by healers and priests. Few humans can wield magic, but those who can are feared and respected.

[image=http://www.narragansett.k12.ri.us/NHS/computer/Second_Semester_07-08/second_semester-2008_period_6A/Steven_Buchanan_WoW_Site/images/before-illidan-pre.jpg] [image=http://www.eso-garden.com/images/uploads_bilder/stories_of_krishna_the_adventures_of_a_hindu_god_1.jpg]

Oberon and his queen Titania reside in Arden, and their frequent spats flood cities and bring droughts, cause meteors to fall, blight lands with plague. Their frequent reconciliations bring plenty. Their frequent infidelities are whispered of throughout all of Rosland - it is considered an honor to share the bed of the noble fairies, and those who do are often marked for special destinies. It's said that Titania has taken up recently with a poor, foolish player with the head of a donkey. The two have once more grown estranged. Oberon's faithful servant Robin Goodfellow, known more commonly as Puck, has been seen flitting about on his master's business. Fairies interfere with human affairs only rarely; when Puck is about, there is cause for alarm.

The Weird Sisters, three beings who may have once been human, live on a heath and peer into the streams of fate. They have seen troubling things on the horizon.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Now is the winter of our CS's disapproval (AKA BobaMatt Approved)

Name: Richard III of England, previously the Duke of Gloucester, the last king from the House of York.
    Appearance:
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/44/Richard_III_of_England.jpg]
    Biography: The rise of Richard III, his rule, and his eventual fall has been well documented. We shall concern ourselves, then, with the events that have immediately preceded this tale.

In August of 1485, Richard III and his army rode to Bosworth Field to meet the forces of his foe; Henry Tudor, the 2nd Earl of Richmond; in combat. It was destined to be a day long remembered as a climactic and decisive triumph of good over evil.

For those of you unfamiliar with good King Richard, this is not a fact in his favor.

In the middle of the night, before the battle, Richard was visited by the ghosts of all those he had had killed during his rapid, bloody ascension, and they tormented his dreams with visions of woe, death, and torment that rattled him to his very core. Unsure of himself, and so certain of the vileness of his acts that he could not even muster up self-pity, Richard rode into battle. Those same ghosts visited the Earl of Richmond, but to him they granted an incredibly peaceful respite and a new sense of self-assurance. He, too, rode into battle, and it was on the field of battle that the dismounted Richard fought, and was slain by, Henry Tudor.

But there are many who would tell you that death is only the beginning. In Richard?s case, as he is about to awaken in a place quite unfamiliar to any of us, it would seem they are about to be proven correct.

5. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Approved by BobaMatt

Name: Goneril
    Appearance: Goneril
    Biography: Though Goneril could be considered beautiful, her outward appearance well-disguises her vicious nature. A cunning, strong-willed woman, Goneril lusts for power, and will go to any lengths to get it?or anything else she desires, for that matter. She is at best polite with others; she can be deceptively sweet and flattering when she wishes?and when she stands to gain something from it. But when things don?t go her way, or if she feels wronged in some manner, Goneril will not hesitate to resort to shocking cruelty.

Goneril is the eldest daughter of King Lear, and while Lear was a kind and loving father to all three of his daughters, Goneril has little real love for him, though she is careful not to show it. Of her two younger sisters, she gets along better with like-minded Regan, the pair united by their mutual jealousy of their youngest sister Cordelia, their father?s favorite. Goneril is also married, but again, it is likely that she does not truly love her husband, and very possible that he remains ignorant of the darker side of his wife?s personality.

Inexplicably, Lear, Cordelia and Regan awoke in Rosland before Goneril herself, allowing them to establish their rule over Anglos without her.

6. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Name: Henry V.

Appearance: [image=http://www.radioopensource.org/wp-content/henbran.jpg]

Biography: King Henry V. of England was once called Prince Hal and was what people considered to be a young scapegrace in the truest sense of the word. Yet, still in the lifetimes of his father he redeemed himself and grew to become the great leader and King of his people he would be remembered for. Lately he has made the first of his many voyages to the Normandy and has defeated the French resister in the Battle of Agincourt. The bloodbath he caused and the decisive victory are both still fresh in his mind. Yet, he does not awaken in the castle where he is about to meet the french envoy, but on the edge of a forest unlike any he has ever seen.

Stranger things might never have happened to a King of England. That´s what he thinks. This new world might soon proof these words most untrue.

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:
    ...made glorious summer, by this son of (New) York.

8. hitokiri-black

hitokiri-black Jedi Master star 1

Aug 8, 2005
    GM Approved :)

Name: Polonius
    Appearance: [image=http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a193/hitokiri-black/old_man_440.jpg]
    Biography: Polonius worked hard for his favor. His youth and respect traded for position and lengthy speech. As a man who was often content with counting gold coin after gold coin, Polonius began to turn to the next page in his waning life. Newly appointed chief counselor to a shifting king, he began to let his love with language play slide into spying. The ripples of his observations and carefully pointed comments about the Young Hamlet?s madness excited his old bones. His gift of language and observation caught the constant attention of his king and Polonius engulfed himself in the plot he had discovered. His was excited and took his place settled behind a curtain and waited, and waited, and waited.

He soon grew inpatient and pulled the curtain open quickly. Only, he was no longer in Denmark.

9. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Approved

Name: Caius Martius Coriolanus
    Appearance: Tall, broad-shouldered and lean, with a hawkish look about him. His hair is black but graying, and his costume is simple and functional - a loose shirt and breeches with boots.
    Biography: Upon settling a truce between beloved Rome and passionate Volsci, the fiery Caius Martius was betrayed to his death by the blades of once-awed allies. As the dagger slid between his ribs he fell into blackness and awoke in the fresh air of Rosland. Coriolanus breathed deeply, thinking himself trapped in some sort of limbo, seeing nought but briny ocean on one side and a Dark Wood upon the other.

10. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    Approved

Name: Call me Moth if you will, for you can always find me where there is a flame and a lively tune.

Age: As ageless as all of my kin, though number my years as twenty if you must seek such.

Appearance: [image=http://static.artfire.com/admin/product_images/thumbs/--30000--11668_product_496360715_thumb_large.jpg]

Biography: I do wander about as the ever-present attendant to her ladyship Titania. I do keep an eye on the borders of her land, ever waiting for the threats outside the wood to work their way within, whilst also keeping the other beasts that stalk in the shade of the wood at bay. I dance, I sing, I play as all my kind do, and when my mistress gives me leave I prank and lure the weak of mind astray. I lure with lights, with song, with laughter, and if my prey hath any luck, they shall find themselves in happy company, if not, they shall wander just as I, yet know not where they go. But overall I am a delightful scamp and never harm just only play about within my lady's court.

11. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Well let's get started, shall we?

Welcome to Rosland...

"Yet, by your gracious patience,
    I will a round unvarnish'd tale deliver..."
    - Othello

[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-BrIRzNBwQ&feature=related]Act I[/link]

[blockquote][i]Outskirts of the Dark Wood...[/i]

The mounted scout had begun his return along the border of the dark forest. He whistled a tune beneath the sun and the breeze. It amazed him, always, how the light never managed to penetrate the forest. As he approached the treeline, he put his hand on his weapon, but his song never faltered, for today was his lucky day: thrown across the back of his horse was a [b]young, sandy haired knight[/b] he'd salvaged near the border of Glamis - lucky for the man he'd not been just a mile north! - and he would surely fetch a hefty price. After all, almost no one ever found anything at all. When he reached the shore, the scout would be allowed to trot back to town - [i]heigh nonny ho![/i] - and collect, passing his jealous replacement on the way.

As the sussuration of the sea lightly reached the scout's ears, something in the tall grass glinted. The scout quickly brought his horse around - it was rare to catch sight of the fairy folk. What he found as he approached, however, was even more precious. The glinting came from the stone in a broach. [b]A woman lay[/b] in the grass asleep.

[b]TAG: SirakRomar, JediMasterAnne[/b]
    [hr]

What had been wrought by the battle? And yet...the place where the Bent-Back King now rose was not the country where he'd fallen. This land was all mire, all rock, all waste. In the distance, a tower.

And behind him a Dark Wood.

[b]TAG: darthramza[/b]
    [hr]

A wreck now lay in the [b]warrior's[/b] path. When he awoke, there had been nothing but dark treeline and sand, but he'd walked northward, and he'd found nothing yet but the wreck of a Roman ship. It was not recent, probably abandoned in some storm and not fallen in battle, but yes, Roman. Though the sky here was strange, and the plants strange, the ship was Roman.

As if swiping at the very quiet in the air, an [b]old man[/b] emerged suddenly from behind a flapping, fallen sail with all the certitude of a man emerging from behind a curtain.

[b]TAG: Penguinator, hitokiri-black[/b]
    [hr]

Hunting the humblebee for Lord Bottom, Mustardseed flitted through the forest on light fight. The hive was up ahead, and the fairy readied his blade for the assault. The signal was a whistle. Moth would be elsewhere, posied at the ready. Mustardseed pursed his lips and began to blow - and that was when he felt the impact on the back of his head and sank into blackness.

[b]TAG: Chanbill[/b][/blockquote]

12. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Goneril
    Outskirts of the Dark Wood

As she began to rouse from her sleep, Goneril slowly turned over, reluctant to wake just yet. But when something brushed against her hand that did not feel like the soft material of her bed, she started, sitting bolt upright and looking around in surprise.

These were not her chambers? far from, in fact. She was surrounded by tall grass and towering trees, and she could make out the sound of ocean waves rushing onto shore in the distance. Surprise faded into confusion and concern as she looked around, frowning as she observed no evidence of any structure in the vicinity that looked like her palace?moreover, there did not appear to be any sort of building in the area at all. The forest was strange as well, looking nothing like any forest she had ever travelled before. The darkness of it seemed to press upon her, and Goneril also became aware of something else within the wood, some unnamable power or presence that she found disconcerting.

Where was she, and how had she arrived here? How could she fall asleep in her own chambers and awake in this strange place?

A rustling in the grass nearby drew her attention, and Goneril finally took notice of the man and horse passing just feet away. The man had seen her as well, and for a moment she felt a little relief at the sight of another being, but upon noticing the second form draped across the horse?s back, some of that relief was diminished, and Goneril immediately grew wary.

Nonetheless, she was determined to discover where exactly she now found herself; perhaps this man could be of some assistance.

She stood, brushing the grass and earth from her skirts, then addressed the man with commanding dignity. ?Identify yourself, sir, and then tell me?what is this place?? She gestured to the unfamiliar woods around them, then looked expectantly to the man, awaiting his answer.

Tag: Sirak, BobaMatt

13. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Approved.

Name: Hamlet
    Appearance:
    [image=http://img.listal.com/image/660142/600full-james-mcavoy.jpg]
    Biography: Hamlet awoke after the death and massacre of the people responsible for his father's death. He has been in the Forest for a year, building himself a cabin and isolating himself from the rest of society as he feels the madness approaching him always. He can feel himself losing his mind, again, and the stress and overwhelming emotional betrayal and turmoil that he went through in his previous life has caused him to have two distinct personalities: One who is calm and collective, the other which is bloodthirsty and power hungry.

-b

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    ooc: Took the liberty of assuming my sword is present in anyway and as I did not know if I was tied up I did something he could do while tied up. And Anne . . . we two seem to be in forest, again. Hihi.

Henry V.
    Back of a horse, Near a strange forest

Where in France was this? He awoke and saw his sword. Which meant it wasn´t at his side, but someone had taken it and pushed it into a saddle. Which meant someone had taken the King´s sword away. hostage? He had killed half of France knights in Agincourt and they took him hostage?

He tried to relax and behaved as if he was still unconscious. No escort. One man? What miracle had this man forced upon him, to take him away from his camp and make him sleep alone? Had he stolen him in his sleep? Henry decided it was not his place to know and now he would make sure nobody else would. The rider seemed to slow down and he heard a woaman´s voice asking brisk questions. She spoke English, actually. Had they brough him back home?
    Hopefully she did not share his embarassemnt and did not recognize him. He looked ofr a weapon and found only his bare hands. It would be ugly. Well, he had slaughtered half of France knights, had he not mentioned? Ugly was his thing, if it needed to be.

Before the man could answer the woman´s plea, Henry pushed himself up and pushed the man off zhe horse, hammering his armored elbow into the man´s head.

"Be sure I do this swiftly, son.
    As you would not have done, I´m sure."

And with these words, no matter if the man was off the horse or not, he grabbed the sword and allowed himself to fall, so his body weight would draw the sword from it´s restrains while he fell.

He felt his back hurt, as he landed in the mud. Looking up he forced a smile to the strange looking woman who stood there. "Milday" He forced out and tried to get up again.

Tag: Anne, BobaMatt

15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Approved!

Name: The Mute

[image=http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lls44nEadK1qa9uzoo1_400.jpg]

Biography: All that is known about the Mute is that he arrived in this world decades ago, making his way beyond the forest and surviving the civil war. He has not spoken a word since his arrival in this domain. He seems to have passed beyond such things, and, through his reticence but nonetheless expert use of the written word, he has secured himself a role as an aide of the ailing King Lear, concealing his bile behind the elegance of the pen, never explaining his vow, nor the source behind it. As a reward for his service to King Lear, the Mute has had his sign language magically imbued, allowing his gestures to be understood even by those who have no knowledge of his hand movements.

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC:
    So, just to be clear, you're not tied up, Sirak. As for belonging, I think just to simplify things we'll say that anything that was on anyone's person the moment before they came to Rosland is still on them.
    For some reason this made me laugh out loud at work. :p

Welcome Sinrebirth and blubeast!!!

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    Elsewehere...
    The beasts stirred without the rough-hewn cabin. It was their habit to lurk about it out of mere curiosity - any man who entered the forest was to be inspected; any man who stayed was to be surveilled. The fairy-folk could sense the madness from inside, but also the nobility. Early on, some bickered that it was not one man in the cabin, but two. Time and study, though, confirmed but one troubled youth at war with himself, awash in a sea of troubles...opposing...

Unlike most, this young man had not settled in the three kingdoms. Whether he'd ever sought the company of others like him was unknown, but now he lived in monk-like solitude. The orange light of a candle licked at the windows, casting shadows on the trees in defiance of the forest's darkness. Muttering competed with the wood's night sighs, and creatures of all bents craned to peer through the panes or chinks in the wood, unsure what they were likely to see. Or not to see.

But the nightly vigil was broken, suddenly, by a cry. It rent the air in the distance, and was suddenly silenced. The birds, the beasts, the very trees and all manner of other creature fell quiet.

TAG: bluebeast

The fool kicked in the door.

It was not the most ceremonious entrance to a room, but then, it was not as if he had an especially ceremonious relationship with the Mute. He found the man in his luxurious quarters doing something or other in his maddening quiet. Without words there was no wit, and without wit there was no point, and without a point a man went mad, and so ipso facto, the Mute drove Touchstone mad, [i]quod erat demonstrandum.[/i]

The fool stood in his motley, the jingle jangles of his hat sounding loudly in the [i]awful silence.[/i] He took in the Mute's reaction with a broad grin. "As you have no words, good sir, I have brought you some. By my name, I swear the King has asked for you to see him in the Hall. By your name, I swear it was a pleasure to tell you so."

[b]TAG: Sinrebirth[/b][/blockquote]

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    OOC:
    Hehe, so it seems. But whether Goneril and Henry will get along as well as Elisthia and Elora... we'll see.

Before the man could answer, the previously limp form slung over his horse appeared to regain consciousness, and without any provocation that Goneril could perceive, proceeded to unseat the first man with a blow to the head, then sliding off himself, pulling a sword from the saddle in the process?then landing quite gracelessly on his backside on the muddy ground. Apparently attempting to salvage some of his own dignity, he managed a wavering smile as he greeted her?clumsy as he seemed, at least he was respectful.

But Goneril did not smile back, even folding her arms across her chest as she steadied a steely gaze upon him. With the first man surely rendered unconscious by the impact of an armored elbow to his skull, what was possibly her only source of information in sight was now useless.

Unless this man knew something? Perhaps he was of this land as well?the style of his armor, like everything else here, was foreign to Goneril. Her eyes flickered to the seemingly unconscious form of the first man before returning to the second. ?Very well? sir, the same questions to you. Who are you, and what do you know of this place??

19. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Moth

Moth and Mustardseed had both flown in sporting chase of the humblebee. Moth now stood ready, bow in hand for Mustardseed to steer the beast aright, waiting for the warbling call from his fellow. Yet not even a cricket's call sounded from the forest's shade. Moth wasn't sure what made set him more into a state of unease, the fact that Mustardseed had not called to him, or that nothing had called to him.

Pulling arrow tight against the string of his bow he flitted to a higher place, seeking to see more of what he could. He surveyed the region to and fro yet not a sight of his fellow fairy.

"Blast it Mustardseed, whither wander thou?" Moth said a noticeable tone of worry to his voice. Moth then descended to the forest floor, dowsing what lights he may to further conceal his form. He hunted now not the humblebee but the very one who he'd gone to hunt it with. Pursing his lips he sent forth his own hunting call, the mild soundings of a mourning dove. Still nothing came, only the ever growing dark of night. "This bodes ill...I must away lest a similar fate await me, alone I dare not test the limits of my form against a foe that may silence my fellow." Moth said quietly to himself. He immediately made way to his mistress' court fearful of what beast had just struck Mustardseed down.

"M'lady!" Moth cried as he landed kneeling before. "I and Mustardseed did go forth to hunt, I awaited his call but naught returned to my ears. M'lady I fear something has happened to him, I heard nary a call from anything in that part of the wood. A shade it has that doth cast fear and worry and silence upon those who enter. I know not what to do, I cannot simply consign my fellow to his fate, nor can I return without support. I humbly request m'lady that some others here go forth with me and search. It is no small feat silencing our own, we will need power of numbers if we shall succeed." he said, not a breath did he take between each statement. Time was needed and time was waning for any search to be had.

"I wait on thy command m'day." he concluded, head bowed as he prayed leniency from her on his failure to accomplish his prior task.

TAG: BobaMatt

20. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The scout was about to speak, when he felt the blow on the back of his head. Blackness.

The horse - spooked - took off at a gallop, dragging its rider, whose foot was caught in the stirrup.

TAG: SirakRomar, JediMasterAnne

21. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Henry V.
    Near the Forest

He jumped back to his feet and had his sword in his hand, as the horse speeded away. A curse escaped his lips. his shields still was with the horse. Well, he would do without. As long as he had a blade. what truly bugged him was, he had no chance to kill his host on that horseback for the way he had treated him. Pushing his sword back into the scabbard he turned and only now realized the woman was there and had asked him something. In the bloodthrist of combat he usually forgot such things.

Turning his head he remembered. Where they were? Henry took in a deep breath. "Somewhere away from the coast, I´d say. Can´t be far away from my camp. Somewhere in the southern Normandy, most likely." He said it more to himself than to her. Then he looked at the woman. What strange clothes she was wearing. A british woman? Maybe a wife of one of his knights?

"Who are you, anyway?" He asked now, as he began to check all directions to make a decision where to go from here.

Tag: Anne, BobaMatt

22. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

The knight speculated that they were ?somewhere away from the coast??as though Goneril had not surmised that much herself; she could still hear the waves in the distance?then mumbled something about ?his camp? and ?Normandy.?

France? He thought they were in France? Goneril supposed there was a slight possibility?having never been outside of Britain before, she would not recognize the coast of France if she saw it?but she found herself doubting. That someone had managed to smuggle her out of her own palace, across the country to Dover, across the Channel and into France without waking her seemed quite unlikely.

Before she could address this inconsistency, however, the man inquired after her own identity. Propriety normally would have had him give his own name first?after all, she had asked first?but Goneril was beginning to lose her patience with their circumstances, and she had a tendency to abandon some protocols when she became frustrated. ?I am called ?Goneril,?? was her short reply.

She turned away from him, taking a few steps down the path the horse had taken, before turning back to face the direction from which she believed the sound of the ocean was originating. They could not stand here in the middle of the wood, wondering about their location and not seeking the answers. They would fare better if they set out in search of other people, or perhaps a town or village.

?The way I see it, we can either take the same path as the horse?more than likely he will be heading towards some form of civilization?or set a course for the coast, and see if you are right about your camp.?

The idea of venturing further into the forest after the horse was not an appealing one to Goneril?who knew what manner of creatures was in there? But the man did at least have his sword? On the other hand, if he was right about the camp?

?Which way do you think, good sir??

23. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Hamlet

What was that? Something just cried out in the Forest. I should go inspect it.

Wait, what? No, that would be foolish. I know the Forest to be, at the very least, dangerous at night.

I will just take a peek outside, what harm will that do.

...I suppose that would be okay.

Grabbing my sword that is always by my side, I opened the door and stepped out into the cool, wild, sweet smelling forest. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see the beasts merging themselves back with the darkness, as they always would when they would inspect my house when the sun set. I saw them no longer as evil adversaries, I had only been attacked a total of 5 times in my stay here. Naturally, this caused me to fear the creatures little, as they had had numerous opportunities to maul me, yet held out.

Which way had I heard that cry?

I don't remember, but we should venture deeper.

I knew once I was out of the cabin that I would be exploring tonight. Sword at my side, I began to walk towards the direction of the scream.

Exit~Matty

24. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Enter Coriolanus upon the strand

"Oh world, thy slippery turns," murmered the man.

His name was Caius Martius Coriolanus, and he knew himself to be freshly slain at the hand of his own plot. He mused upon that thought for a moment - he found it very droll that he had been hoisted by his own petard, to be sure. Yet oddly enough, there existed no mark, nor wound, nor anything that marred his corpse - "For a corpse I must be!" - to his eye. He was dead, and yet lived.

"Curious."

The sense of wan sadness that had filled him the moment the blades pierced his flesh persisted, but slowly gave way to hopefulness. Were these the Elysian fields promised by the gods? The wreck suggested otherwise.

Aged though Caius Martius was, the man who emerged from behind the sail put those thoughts to rest. Martius was an old soldier - not an old man like this one.

"Well met, sir. Have you a name?

Tag: hitokiri-black

25. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Scene. The Dark Woods. The outskirts.

[King Richard lies on his back. He begins to wake.]

King Richard

You shall surely need to slay me, foul spawn of Tudor, afore I relinquish my throne!
    'Tis good that your blade doth bleed me dry, for surely death's final embrace
    Would be preferable to life, so vanquished! But ho, what's this I see?
    It is Richard, and he is not yet all gone! But surely he didst feel the end embrace him?
    Surely he didst see naught but black? [He rises to his feet.]
    No wounds do I find! no loss of color 'pon my flesh! is this then beyond?
    But no angels greet the King of England? Hell then?
    Nay, no demons pick at my flesh. I am somewhere else entirely,
    A place that is not Bosworth field, nor England at all,
    Nor Heaven, nor Hell, nor Purgatory, no stars above.
    I have been whisked away then, by some ?thereal being?
    Healed to full strength, then unceremoniously plopped, as it were,
    In a setting most unbefitting a King of Arthur's Land and a son of York born.
    Still, Richard is alive. And where Richard is alive Richard might regain his crown.
    For even if this be not England, it be some land, and all lands need a ruler.
    Why not, then, good King Richard? And I will be no third of mine name here!
    [He laughs. It is a cruel laugh.]

[Exit]

TAG: Matt

OOC: Yeah... uh... we'll see how long I can keep this style up. And before anyone points it out - I know it's blank verse and not iambic pentameter. I am but a man! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.