main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Drama Outrageous Fortune

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by BobaMatt, May 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirakRomar

SirakRomar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2007
    Henry V.
    Near Forest

He looked after hte poor fellow who was probably not gonna make it. Few men lasted longer than a mile. then he turned to the woman. Obviously he would need to accompany her, as a true King that much courtesy had to be epxected from him. With a smile and a nod he looked around. "Well, that pal seemed to be most unfriendly. Most likely a frensh scout. As much as I would root out their camp, I guess my men await me. Let´s head to the coastline."

Henry nodded. He had an army to organize, a victory to celebrate and a kingdom to bring to it´s knees. This was all a very uncessary distraction.

"Shall we, Milady?"

Tag: JediAnne

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Mute

The Mute turned to face the Fool, more amused then anything, as he had been able to hear the... well, he wouldn't say, man, but he could hear him due to the jingling of his clothes. Giving the Fool a condescending look, the Mute canted his head. He gestured to him. [I shall be with you shortly.]

He turned back to his desk, writing one more portion of the play he had been mastering. It was about a foolish man who had been easily manipulated into failure, as a jealous monstrosity. The hero had saved the fools betrothed from a lifetime of terror and had whisked her away to the a safe world.

It was a fun novelty. The Mute absently wondered what he would do when he reached the end.

He placed the quill back into the ink, gathered his robes about him, and followed Touchstone.

[Lead the way, for once.]

TAG: BobaMatt

3. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Goneril
    Outskirts of the Dark Wood

The man gave voice to his opinion of the horseman??unfriendly,? he called him. He had not seemed so threatening to Goneril, but, unknowing of what circumstances had brought this man to be rendered unconscious and slung across the horse?s back, she kept silent. The knight then decided to head towards the coast, saying his men would be waiting for him?though he expressed regret that he would not be able to find the scout?s camp.

?Shall we, Milady??

She still had her misgivings as to whether they were truly in France or not, and as to the existence of the man?s camp, but there was only one way to find out, and personally, Goneril was not sorry to be leaving this dark and strange place.

?Lead the way then, sir.?

Tag: Sirak, BobaMatt

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: I know I said I'd get an update in yesterday, but work has been super duper busy. This is the first completed part of the update, with the rest coming (late) tonight. Enjoy.

[blockquote]As a sculptor with a block of marble merely employs his tools to chip away the excess stone to reveal the hidden shape within, so had hunger and sleeplessness crafted the crannies and curvatures, the artful nuances of a skull from within the rebel's flesh. He knelt now on bloody knees before the throne; his eyes, deep set in new-hollow sockets, were like the ends of tunnels. The stones that made up the floor were burnished to a gloss, reflecting back the rebel's death's head and starved, gaunt features. There was not much sunlight in the kingdom of Glamis, and there never had been, not since it was part of Caesarium and Anglos, and so the room got most of its light from enchanted torches that lit the walls, no doubt the work of the bound witch Sycorax. In their watery illumination the rebel noted that the stone of the floor, which he had previously thought marbled, was in fact just stained with a century of blood.

"Well met, brave Macduff," said the King. His growl reached out from the darkness of his throne. Beside him, his queen's orange hair flickered in a breeze across her pale cheeck. Somewhere behind them both, chains rattled, and an oil-slicked cackle skittered forth. The withered hero stared, his throat too dry to provide more than a rasp. He had fallen to the floor between two members of Macbeth's Black Guard; his face caught traces of the fairy-lights that coursed through the seams of the mens' enchanted armor. There were those who believed the Black Guard were themselves enchanted, as well. Enchanted or not, Macduff had seen them die. Nonetheless, they'd overtaken him and kept him in a camp for weeks before realizing who he was.

The King leaned forward in his chair and felt the crown slide forward across his copper hair. His scepter, his crown, his armor, his robes...all the marks of his office were variably too small and too big to suit him, no matter how they'd been tailored. That was his gift from the Wizard in the Wood, at the close of the War.

The King studied the fallen man, so diminished from what he remembered. [i]None of woman born shall harm Macbeth.[/i] Macduff had been torn from his mothers viscera with a blade, and had grown to tear Macbeth's head from his shoulders with one. Not here in Rosland, not in his hardwon kingdom of Glamis, waste though it was. [i]Tomorrow...and tomorrow...[/i]

Macbeth resisted the urge to be verbose. Years of belittlements and defeats had robbed him of the relish of that. Instead, he merely looked to his Knights and nodded - the too-large crown once more shifting on his head - and a sword fell through Macduff's neck. He body slumped, but did not fall over. The head, however, rolled across the burnished floor and landed upright, staring from those hollow sockets. Red stains rose like dead fish to the surface of the Queen's white skin. That was [i]her[/i] gift from the Wizard. From behind them once more, Sycorax allowed herself a laugh.

Broken and bloated by her art, Sycorax was a parody of her former self. She had helped Macbeth to stave off his enemies, and now, unable to be trusted for all her immense power, Macbeth kept her chained until he had use for her. But she had won a victory today. Once, it had been proved to her that her god Setebos was a false one. Here she had proven that the Bard was a false one. [i]None of woman born shall harm Macbeth.[/i] And here, Macbeth's killer, lay dead.

The Words were nothing, and she could do with them as she pleased.

As Macduff's body was dragged from the Chamber and his head prepared for the pike, Sycorax lifted her sagging bulk from behind the thrones. She shuffled in her chains until they reached their ends, her blue eyes peering out of the window across the foggy expanse. Could it be? Her senses were pricked. The number of those that wake in the region had dwindled since the land had been conquered and declared a n

5. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    *Approved*

Name: Peaseblossom
    Age: If counting the time, as mortal man, then 20 the number her age, plus 10. (30)

Appearance: [image=http://www.purplemoon.com/Stickers/images/fairy-cat-purple-lace.jpg]

She looks as if a young teenager, perhaps 18. Long brown hair that cascades from her shoulders, her fairy wings are black and white. Striking blue eyes.

Biography:

Peaseblossom - Is an attendant to the Fae Queen Titania, Mistress of all Fairy folk, and wife to Oberon. Peaseblossom uses her connection to the Forest, to know when her Mistress needs her, but when left to her own devices, she can be found within the forest, dancing within a fairy circle, or perhaps peering in on the places of men, for they are such foolish creatures, and therefore fun to watch, and they leave her sweet cream as well, which she shares with her fairy cat, named Persimmion. She can go invisible, or take the shape of anything small, so her appearance is up to her mood, as is her speech, which as she feels times, to drive mortals mad with fairy rhymes.

6. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Henry V.
    Woods

He smiled politely and sighed as he turned and began to walk, his sword now at his belt, the heavy metal on his skin most uncomfortable. It vwas fine for horses but noth exactly made for walking. It would serve him well, if they encountered enemies, though. It would probably serve him very well then.

"Tell me where are you from? You sound like you´re one of King Henry´s court. >ou came with a knight to the Normandy?" He tried to make conversation tob find out who she was. Obviously while not revealing his vtrue identity. He could harldy trust her or risk his chance to cover this up and spare himself the embarassment of getting captured.

Tag: JediAnne

7. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Already tagged ramza (and all of ya) so here's the rest. Sirak and Anne, don't feel rushed on your interaction. I wanted to include you, but I also don't want to necessarily press you forward, hence the brevity.

[blockquote]Touchstone led through the gilded corridors of Lear's castle as the Mute followed in his [i]maddening[/i] silence. He hated, too, how the courtiers and pages in the hallways bowed their heads in respect to the Mute, now. When alone, it was Touchstone that garnered respect. Such was social station...

[image=http://www.cirith-ennor.co.uk/theoden.jpg] [image=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_R8FrPyv-qDE/R1DTPDKLDEI/AAAAAAAAAko/M6i6CIof9pI/s1600-R/GreatHall12.jpg]

Lear did not much like his new fool. This one spoke quickly and used big words, many of which were not words at all. He never danced or passed gas or made fun of people, not like the old fool did. Still, for decades in Rosland he'd had no fool at all, and this was better. Usually.

The Old King stared across the vaulted expanse of his Hall. There had been a time when the Hall was lively, when grog and pork flowed and the sound of laughter reached the heavens. Now it was largely empty, with echoing clinks, chuckles, and grunts. He barely received petitions, these days. Most of the information he received from messengers was involved with money, but he got the occassional vaguery about happenings on the borders. He was a king, dammit!

The Mute entered the Hall at the far end, led by the fool, and they crossed beneath the torches up the center. Lear's face struggled to arrange itself as the Mute crossed. He had proven himself shrewd and valuable time and again, though Lear sometimes resented him for the decision to split up the land between his daughters. In more reasonable times, he was sure the Mute had his reasons. Yes, the pleasant faced old man - not so old as he himself, of course - approached, and Lear remembered he had promised to stage some of the silent man's plays...

[image=http://www.hollywoodgo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/johnny-depp4.jpg]

A young courtier, heavily bandaged on one side and out of breath, halted the fool with a raised hand just before they could enter the Great Hall. "Sirs, please. I beg a word with one who uses none."[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Sinrebirth[/b]
    [hr]
    [blockquote]The two approached talking, hiking across the edge of the forest towards the shore.

Fog rolled in with the surf. The beach, it seemed, was empty, save the two.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Anne, Sirak[/b]
    [hr]
    [blockquote]The music came to a halt, fairy lights dimmed, and drunk dancers fell about one another as Moth came upon the celebration abruptly. The Lord Bottom's surprised whinny rang out high above the din. Moth moved with purpose past it all and landed upon his knee with a cry of, "Milady!"
    Titania turned gracefully, her skin glowing blue, her eyes focused in concern upon her servant. "What is it brings you here so hastefully? Went you not out with another?"

He spoke swiftly, glowing hot. "I and Mustardseed did go forth to hunt, I awaited his call but naught returned to my ears. M'lady I fear something has happened to him, I heard nary a call from anything in that part of the wood. A shade it has that doth cast fear and worry and silence upon those who enter. I know not what to do, I cannot simply consign my fellow to his fate, nor can I return without support. I humbly request m'lady that some others here go forth with me and search. It is no small feat silencing our own, we will need power of numbers if we shall succeed."

Titania was silent a moment before gliding to her lover and taing his hand. She pursed her lips. Her jaw was set. Finally, she spoke. "Take with you Peaseblossom and Cobweb. Scout. Find. Do not fight. Return with what you find."

Cobweb appeared at Moth's side, net in hand and at the ready.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Ktala, Chanbill[/b]
    [hr]
    [blockquote]The night was dark, which was like saying the rain was wet, and yet there was a darkness to this particular night that pressed itself on Hamle

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Approaching the Beach

Goneril frowned, not caring for all the questions he was asking. What business was it of his whether she belonged to the court?and who was this ?king,? Henry? And though she would very much have liked to know the answer herself, what did it matter to him how she had arrived here? There was a clearly impatient edge to her tone as she spoke:

?In all honesty, sir, I find it rather unfair that you feel at liberty to ask for so many details about me, when you do not even have the courtesy to tell me your name. I at least gave you mine.?

Not waiting for a retort, she continued. ?I should think that you have already arrived at the conclusion that I am of Britain, as you seem to be, though I know not who this ?King Henry? is that you speak of; my father is King Lear. I know not how I came to be here; the last thing I recall before waking in these woods is going to sleep in my own chambers at home.?

She could smell salt on the air now, could taste it on her tongue. They had arrived at the coastline, but there was no sign of any camp, and there was not another person to be seen. Goneril was not terribly surprised, and the absence of his camp and his men did not improve her current opinion of her companion.

?Either your men have abandoned you, or we are not where you think we are. I shall not answer any more questions from you, until you tell me who you are.?

9. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    PeaseBlossom

Peaseblossom was busy at jest with another of her kin, at one of Mistress Titania many parties, when suddenly the music came to a halt. Peaseblossom stopped her twinkling, and looked up to see what had cause such a thing to happen, when she heard Lord Bottom surprised whinny rang out high above the din. As Peaseblossom moved closer, that is when she noticed Moth. She knew Moth, as he was one of the many fairies that attended to their Mistress. For him to move as he did must have meant something was wrong. A soft 'meow' made her reach down, and pet her companion, Persimmion. "Quiet now." she told her softly.

Moth moved with purpose past it all and landed upon his knee with a cry of, "Milady!"

Titania turned gracefully, looking down at Moth. "What is it brings you here so hastefully? Went you not out with another?"

Moth was quick to answer, telling her that Mustardseed and him went out to hunt, but something hat happened to dear Mustardseed. How horrible! Not even a peep or call to determine his condition. With a gesture, Peaseblossom leaned forward, her wings flapping in excitement to hear the next words spoken. Titania was silent a moment before gliding to her lover and taking his hand. She pursed her lips. Her jaw was set. Finally, she spoke. "Take with you Peaseblossom and Cobweb. Scout. Find. Do not fight. Return with what you find."

Cobweb appeared at Moth's side, net in hand and at the ready. With a happy squeak, Peaseblossom disappeared, to appear next to Moth and Cobweb. She nodded her head towards her Mistress, her tiny bow slung across her back, then turned to look at Moth. A even tinier glowball followed her.

"Wherever your path, we follow." Peaseblossom stated.

TAG: Chanbill

10. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Henry V.
    The Shores

He looked around, largely ignoring the woman who was obviously annoyed by his attempts to make polite conversation and get to know the owman honor bounds him to defend with the sword in his hand, if he needed to. But that was not his prime concern. It wasn´t even that his men were not here. they could be miles down or up the coast. It was simply . . . this was the wrong coast. This was not the normandy. Neither did the sun stand in the right position nor did the landscape look anything like France. On these shores their landing would actually have cost a lot less men.

He looked around, his hand on his sword and scratched through his hair. Only then he remembered the woman was talking. To him. It was terrible she did not know who he was. she would have answered and kept her mouth shut, as women usually did around him. "Erm. Did I not ask you to call me Hal? I am rather certain I did. And my dear, obviously you are confused. My father made me learn all Kings since Arthur. And even though I expect half of them did not exist at all, not even among the phantasms of my father there was a single Lear." He smiled and turned around to look at the other part of the coastline. Sighing he shook his head. "I don´t think my men are anywhere near. I actually think, we are not near them. Nor near England. This is obviously noth the northern sea and we are therefore neither home nor in France." He hated his education in moments like these. Hope would have been a much more precious gift than knowing he was lost in foreign lands.

"At least we know the natives are hostile. I was clearly taken prisoner." Henry folded his arms, looking back and forth from one side of the coast to the other.

"So, if I may avoid further questioning and excuse myself with my attempt to keep us both alive? Something I would have to do alone, should it be done by sword; as it is so often the case in this cruel, cruel world. Hal of England thinks we should go there Milady. And that it would be unwise to wait any longer. It´s getting dark and somewhere on a coastline we certainly must fine fishermen, right?" He looked up and down on her. "Had they be merciful they would have provided some better clothing for travleing, when abduciting you, really." Shaking his head he began to walk again. He simply assumed she would follow. Not because he could provide protection and not yet hamred her, but simply because he was used to people following him whenever he walked anywhere . . .

Tag: BobaMatt, Anne

11. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Beach

Goneril watched him as he began to walk away, feeling more insulted than anything else. How dare he patronize her like that! And to not know who her father was?indeed, to even go so far as to say there was no such person!

Had she had a weapon with her, she would have gladly gone her own way and not looked back, rather than remain with this man after he had so highly offended her. To her misfortune, however, this was not the case, and she was not foolish enough to wander about a strange place alone and without protection. So it was with a considerable amount of reluctance that she moved to follow him, keeping a few feet behind him.

As much as she did not want to talk to him, there was a question burning in her mind, and after some minutes had passed in silence, she at last gave in to her curiosity. She was still angry at him for his words, but she now chose to keep any hint of annoyance out of her voice. ?What makes you so certain that the scout is the one who took you captive? If indeed he was your abductor, then he certainly did a poor job of it?you were not bound, nor do you seem to have suffered any physical hurt that I can discern. If your capture was his intent, why did he make it so easy for you to escape him?

?What if he was not kidnapping you at all? What if he was rescuing you from whoever did??

12. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Moth
    Titania's Court

"Then we away at once my kinsmen." Moth said without delay, taking to the air yet still dimming his lights, he would not be caught unaware as Mustardseed had. His light dim it was a lure, not a call, he would see his target first before ever they laid a finger upon him. "I shall take thee to the last place I saw him pass, the last time he called out." Moth said, face twisted in focus, bow drawn should some forest beast wander across their path. He flew through the wood, ducking branch and stem, swerving around trunk and stone as he sped on to his destination.

"He we are. Hearken and stay close, and for the love of what's holy douse your lights lest the same fate befall us as befell Mustardseed." Moth whispered no louder than the breeze that spun about them, his voice joining the multitude of the plants about them in the night air. "Stay within sight each of you, we shall not part company for any reason." he added his bow ever ready to launch its assault. "We are charged to find, but shall we fall under siege from our unknown foe we must be prepared to strike then flee. Keep ever cautious, mind the sounds about you, if all goes still move, and do not delay, to each others side." Moth said as he stalked off under the light of the moon still sifting through the forest leaves.

TAG: Ktala, BobaMatt

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Peaseblossom
    Titania's Court

"Then we away at once my kinsmen." Moth said without delay, taking to the air, his fairy glimmer dim. Peaseblossom followed his example, and the tiny ball that followed her, dimmed to nothing, as they flew straight away, pondering on what mystery lay before them.

"I shall take thee to the last place I saw him pass, the last time he called out." Moth said. Peaseblossom simply nodded, as she flew, her bow held out and at the ready, in case something should cross their path. They wove a path around the dark wood, until at last they reached their destination. Peaseblossom alighted on a nearby branch as Moth spoke next.

"He we are. Hearken and stay close, and for the love of what's holy douse your lights lest the same fate befall us as befell Mustardseed." Moth whispered. Her light, already dim, dwindled more still, until it was but a mote, looking around the quiet forest. Moth's voice danced among the leaves in his quite speak as he added, "Stay within sight each of you, we shall not part company for any reason." he added, "We are charged to find, but shall we fall under siege from our unknown foe we must be prepared to strike then flee. Keep ever cautious, mind the sounds about you, if all goes still move, and do not delay, to each others side." Moth said as he stalked off under the light of the moon still sifting through the forest leaves.

Peaseblossom whispered softly to her companion, "Keep thine sharp eyes, Persi, and your claws even sharper, lest some strange fate falls to you as well." As she brough her bow up half drawn, and began to search. She flittered off to the side a bit, but kept her companions in sight as they began to search. The moons keen glow was a welcomed companion, for such a task, and she welcomed it, as she flittered among the moonbeams, searching for their lost companion. Cobwebb lay close as well, as they began their search.

TAG: Chanbill, BobaMatt

14. SirakRomar

Mar 30, 2007
    Henry
    Coastline

?What makes you so certain that the scout is the one who took you captive? If indeed he was your abductor, then he certainly did a poor job of it?you were not bound, nor do you seem to have suffered any physical hurt that I can discern. If your capture was his intent, why did he make it so easy for you to escape him? What if he was not kidnapping you at all? What if he was rescuing you from whoever did??
    Woman always had to make things so complicated. ?Well, I originally assumed that he was pursued by my men and therefore no restraints. It would have also explained the absence of comrades. As they would simply have been dead. But . . . ? Henry looked at this woman Goneril. ? . . .obviously this does not turn out to be true. But what else did happen? Did my army forget me? And he found me? Why did he not wake me up? If he found me, why did he not wake me up to see if I am alright? And why on the back of his horse? Do you usually pick up knights to ride them around? I guess he wanted to bring me somewhere and he wanted it to do before I woke up. I admit he might not have been my abductor. But what he did there certainly was no rescue. Considering what a nice ransom they would get for me . . . I believe he simply took the opportunity. Anyway, the lad shall be happy he made it through the day alive. I shall ask him if I ever see him again, and when I ask he will be at the pointy end of my sword. For now we need to find people and if not . . .? Henry made a grimasse. ?I must hunt and prepare something to sleep over night. Actually do you have a husband who will be looking for you?? He asked the crazy woman with her King Lear.

Tag: Anne

15. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    The Beach

Once it was clear that he disagreed with her theory, Goneril only half-listened as the knight re-affirmed his belief of the scout?s ill intent towards him. At the word, ?ransom,? she wondered, not for the first time and likely not for the last, exactly who this man was. His name sounded common to her ears, but his education?though faulty in some ways?seemed refined, suggesting nobility. He had not claimed a title, but if he was worth a ransom, then it was very probable that he was high-born.

Then what was he?

??do you have a husband who will be looking for you??

The question brought Goneril out of her reverie, and she realized that he had a point. Had her husband realized that she was gone? Certainly he would be searching for her, once he had.

?My husband is a duke.? To be specific, her husband?s full title was Duke of Albany, but considering how the knight denied her father?s existence, Goneril would not risk him saying the same of her lord husband as well by naming a title he might not recognize. ?I imagine he will be wondering where I am, yes.?

16. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    The beach stretched far north. Somewhere behind the warrior, the old, frightened man remained on the ship, unanswering. Perhaps it was the heat - a mere mirage - but there appeared to be a city on the horizon. What lay in the sand, however, was surely no mirage. A man in golden armor, familiar but unfamiliar. He looked like the legendary warriors of Troy, and he lay in the sand as if just waking. Perhaps the ship had been his?

TAG: Penguinator, Morkai (Welcome!)

[blockquote]Though the beach was deserted, it was clear that not all the land was. From a vantage high on a dune one might see, tiny and in the distance, watchtowers fixed with their gazes in the direction of the forest rising above the hills. Windmills. Farmland. Villages.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: SirakRomar, JediMasterAnne[/b]
    [hr]
    [blockquote]The cat noticed it first, and hissed, wrinkling her nose. It was a beastly stench that permeated the air as if breathed by the very soil. A tracker might notice the broken branches and trampled vegetation that marked the passage of something large. Something heavy. Persi padded about the site of a particularly heavy footfall. It didn't take a tracker to notice the pile of firewood seemingly dropped here.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: Ktala, Chanbill[/b]

17. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    There was a boy.

He must have been there before. And yet. And yet...

He smiled. He was not alarmed, and so why should the very King of England be so? The boy spoke, standing from where he sat crouched upon a stone at the forest's edge. His manner was odd, slight deviations from the norm compounding one another to create the general impression of strangeness, of otherness. Besides that he was handsome, a well put together if rustic youth. He went shoeless. He wore a cap upon his head. He approached the bent form of the King, and took in his deformities, but did not pass judgment upon them. The smile, in fact, never wavered, his eyes never narrowed. He was fully accepting. Fully open. Fully kind.

"Hello," he said. "You seem lost." Still smiling, he leaned against his walking stick.

TAG: darthramza

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    IC: The Mute

Touchstone led through the curves of Lear's castle. The King was struggling, on his last legs, to the pleasure of the Mute. He signaled his respect, bowed correctly and then took his seat near the throne. Not so near that his influence was known, but close enough that he could overhear the King's mutterings. He resented the carving of the land, but it had weakened the King sufficiently that the Mute could take advantage.

And that suited him fine.

With a smile, the Mute greeting a young courtier with a nod. He gestured to allow the courtier to speak, nodding to the King as he did so.

TAG: Matt

19. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    With a nod, the courtier took his cue to speak.

"I am called Mercutio, grace," he said. Somewhere else, Touchstone was gabbing distractingly. "I would like to have the King's ear because..." He hesitated. "You see, I deal in information. I ride to-and-fro. I make my home in the Lady Regan's land, I dally in her court and Lady Goneril's...a rider came, dragged by his horse, injured. He was a scout, one of those who search for the newly awoken by the edge of the forest and bring them to the towns to be introduced, to make themselves known. He rode into town with his report, his gossip made its way to Regan's court, Regan called him forth, and...I have my ways, you see, of knowing things."

Mercutio knew he was on dangerous ground. "Understand, sir, that I come only because I think it befits the King to know that which one of his daughters would seek to keep from him. One of two daughters reigning in his kingdom. But...well, one of three daughters total, if we're to believe his majesty. I do not mean to speak ill of the Lady Regan, you see, sir, but..."

He could not hesitate further. "Sir, the rider reports that he was knocked unconscious by a knight he'd recovered at the forest's edge, but that...but that he'd also found a woman." He glanced at the king. "A woman of the appropriate age."

TAG: Sinrebrith

20. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    GM approved

Name:Hector prince of troy
    Appearance: 6'0, shoulder length brown wavy hair, olive skin, broad shouldered athletic build,bronze greek style helmet with blue plume, bronze breast plate, greaves, forearm guards, blue, gold edged, tunic that falls to knees, broad sword, bronze shield.
    Biography: the last thing Hector remembers is falling to his knees, and looking up at the walls of Troy as he felt blood pouring from what he knew was a mortal wound. Then he awoke on his back in a dark wood, with now wounds at all...where by zeus was he?.

21. Morkai

Morkai Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 29, 2005
    IC: Hector of Troy

Slowly Hector raised himself to his elbows and stared out across the pristine sands of the beach, he was totally disorientated, this was not the beaches of Troy, he rolled to his feet smoothly and took in his situation. He had his armour, shield and the sword of Troy, well that was a start, he span and looked out to see....TROY!..glimmering in the heat haze he ran toawrds the sea and the ship moving further away on it, "Wait..WAIT!!" desperate he stopped at the waters edge and waved at the ship. His city, his family needed him, he had to get back, spinning on the spot he cast around for something to aid him. The powerful warrior shook his golden armoured head, this had to be a bad dream...where was he?.

TAG: All

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Scene. The Dark Woods.

[Enter King Richard.]

King Richard

Every which way I seem to go 'round here,
    I find not but more trees, 'tis rather queer.
    Methinks I be lost, to cut to the chase.
    I must find way out of this wood, post haste.

[Enter a Boy. He appears as if from nowhere.]

King Richard

[aside].
    Ah, a young lad, not half good Richard's age.
    Perhaps with his help, I'll leave from this maze.
    Still, 'tis a strange boy, of that there's no doubt -
    Nonetheless, perhaps he knows his way 'bout.
    [to the Boy].
    Indeed, my good lad, here be a country most strange to mine eyes.
    I am wont for horse sense, you see, and know not the lay of
    This land. Might thou direct me to locales more hospitable?
    [aside].
    Best not tell just who Richard the King be,
    Though I believe he be not enemy.

TAG: Matt

OOC: Felt like some stylistic contrast with the score mitebcool.

23. BobaMatt

Aug 19, 2002
    OOC: Oh, it's cool all right. :D

[blockquote]The boy chewed this over for a moment before smiling.

"Well, it's true that much of the land is waste, but, well, do you see that tower in the distance? That's the King's castle. The King of Glamis. There are settlements along the way, but you might be best served by going straight along. It's awfully far, though...perhaps...a horse?"

And there was a horse, saddled and bridled. Funny neither of them had noticed it before.[/blockquote]

[b]TAG: darthramza[/b]

24. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Peaseblossom
    The woods..

Peaseblossom was quietly flying low, looking below her when she herd Persimmion hiss. Peaseblossom quickly flitted over to her companion, for Persi hissed naught at idle things. As she drew near, Peaseblossom wrinkled her nose, and drew her arm over her face.

"By the Goddesses moonbeam, what is that foul stench that assails mine nose?" Peasblossom produced a tiny flicker, to draw attention to both Cobwebb and Moth, as she waved her arms.

"Found something I have, though I know naught what it means." she told them both as they drew near.

The stench that permeated the air as if breathed by the very soil. Broken branches and trampled vegetation that marked the passage of something large. Something heavy. Persi had noticed something. "Meow." she casually stated as she padded about the site of a particularly heavy footfall. It didn't take a tracker to notice the pile of firewood seemingly dropped there.

"Could it be the sons of Man, that befell poor Mustardseed from his plan?" she asked curious. What would anyone be doing so far out into their woods? She waited for Moth and Cobbwebb as she hovered, looking around the area. Perhaps she could use her magics to find out?

TAG: Chanbill, BobaMatt

25. blubeast1237

blubeast1237 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 10, 2007
    Hamlet, In the Forest

I think I should kill it.

No, that doesn't make sense. Trying to kill something that I have no idea about is good way to make enemies.

I've always had enemies.

I'm not a killer.

Yea, I kind of am.

I held my blade toward the creature, but my legs wouldn't move. I was paralyzed by fear. But was it fear? Could it be that my inner self would not let me be the cause of another death? Or was it my innate instinct for survival and fear of the unknown? It was none of these, so I thrust myself out in front of the creature's path, sword in hand, but it was not pointed at the beast, but towards the ground. I was not going to attack something I didn't know.

I want to kill it, but I will not let me do it. "Who are you? You disturb the peace of these animals?" I said, with no way to know if the beast understood me.

Exit, to Matty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.