Outside food and drink

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Tobey-Wan, Apr 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Anyone know if we'll be allowed to bring in our own food and drinks? I was planning on putting some snack foods and a drink in my backpack so I wouldn't have to break for lunch. Will they let me bring the stuff in?

Thanks.
  2. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I doubt it. These types of situations usually call for a ban on food so they can charge some absurd amount of money for mediocre food. You would probably have to get out of line to buy their food anyway, so spending 10 extra minutes to walk to a nearby fast food place shouldn?t be a problem.
  3. vadersfist Jedi Knight

star 2
    If you're going to bring food in your backpack... Why ask if it's allowed? Just bring it in.
  4. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    If you see them tossing other people's food before they get in...dump your cargo. The Hutts will be pissed, but it's better to avoid any Imperial entanglements. Acting like a spice smuggler should help you get into the proper mood though.

Then there's always waving your hand and saying "You don't need to inspect my bag. This is not the bag of Oreos you're looking for..." I'm sure the people at the door will love this 25,000 times. [face_laugh]
  5. LordJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I doubt they will put a ban on food. I've never been to a convention where they didn't allow outside food and drink. It's usually a given that people are going to be carrying some kind of snacks around with them to munch on in case they can't get away for lunch or something. I plan to at least bring some granola bars to snack on.
  6. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Vaderfist, since they're going to be inspecing backpacks I think they'll figure it out.

Hmm, perhaps I'll just pack light on Friday and see how it goes. I don't really want to pay $5 for a hot dog, though.
  7. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    They might restrict the types of food or drink brought in, like no metal cans, no alcohol, etc, but I doubt they'll make you remove a water bottle or granola bar... unless it looks like a shotgun. Most places can't outright ban outside food because of dietary needs, like for people who are diabetic or hypoglycemic. Movie theaters have that rule because food is their main source of income, they don't make much on ticket sales. But if you've ever been to a hockey, football game or whatever, most stadiums allow in food other than the types I already mentioned. I think you'll be fine with most types. And if not, don't bring anything you're not willing to take back to your car/hotel or throw away.

8. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Thanks for the input. I have some granola bars, combos, and Dr. Pepper I was gonna pack in my bag. I guess we'll see what happens on Friday. If you see a DP, some combos, and granola bars coming out of someones pack, it's probably me!
  9. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    I plan on bring food in, but I will be descret with it.

Basically I'll have granola bars and the like. I'm one who suffers from headaches if I don't eat regularly, so I always have something like that one me in case I need to eat something *right away*.

~*~Bria
  10. Shara Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok I just called the ICC and said that nothing is allowed, but if you are discreet about it, I'm sure they won't make you throw it out. I've seen people walk in there with stuff before.
  11. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    Well, I'm one of those "dietary restriction" people. I have to eat every 2 to 3 hours and no simple carbs, so 99% of convention foods are off-limits to me. I'll have my PB&SFJ on Whole-Grain Bread, Protein Bars (umm, processed whey protein) & water bottles, so they better not try to take them away or I will have to get "medieval on their. . ."
  12. Tobey-Wan FanForce CR Northwest Ohio

Chapter Rep
    star 9
    Dang, I was really looking forward to save some money that way. Thanks for checking, Shara.
  13. Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council

star 7
    Yes, thanks for checking, Shara. :)

I'll definately be discreet. :Dd

~*~Bria
  14. Bruno_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    " I never thought I would have to use these compartments to smuggle ...food "
  15. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Just as I figured. Make sure you all get your fill before you enter so that you aren't hungry enough to get ripped off!!!
  16. fingthething Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh well, i wasnt planning on bring food their anyway, i can survive on lays and Pepsi for three days.
  17. K3-PO Jedi Knight

If they do ban food and drink, I'll just walk back over to the hotel for a half hour.
  18. PtrsonsZOO Force Ghost

star 7
    I'm still bringing my stuff, I can't eat what they serve most of the time, so they'll have to make the exception. Besides I'm a card carrying member (hyperinsulemia), and the theatres have always accepted it. :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.