Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Over_30_Writers_Club, Aug 14, 2006.
Ah. There are places online. That's how I do it. How far behind are you?
About two seasons worth. For TCW, I just wait for the DVD release.
Do you have access to Netflix? Seasons 5 and 6 of Who are on there now.
The only thing of TCW I've seen is the movie they released a couple years ago, which was sadly better-written than the actual films.
I've been planning on getting Netflix. I still need a TV, though, as I've tried unsuccessfully to rig a computer monitor up to a DVD player and I'm one of those picky people who prefers watching TV from a TV, while sitting on the couch.
Netflix does online viewing, and they have apps for Playstation, XBox, and Wii.
I have to wait longer for the DVD's of season four of the Clone Wars. December or even next year
I found a box turtle today!
He's a male. Red eyes, concave plastron... He was relatively medium-sized, and not at all shy. I could pick him up and he wouldn't retreat into his shell. I made sure that he got into the woods safely.
Those red eyes are creepy. It looks like it is glaring at you.
I am getting too old for campouts. I accompanied my sons during their Pioneering Camporee for Boy Scouts. It was Friday night until Sunday Morning. Friday was fine until about 11PM and then it got cold and started raining. No worries, I have a warm sleeping bag and a nice tent. But then it rained for...oh I don't know...18 hours. Oh not just rain. There was rain and then big hail and then I was sure it was snowing, but it soon turned to sleet and then rain again and back to hail. Then the sun came out to tease me...then hail. The fact that it is Saturday and I am on the computer tells you what happened. As soon as my sons finished their requirements for their Pioneering Merit Badge I said, "Let's go home."
I now have a stuffed up head and sore throat and I feel like I am coming down with a cold. I was wearing snow boots and two sweaters, a coat and a rain poncho and I was still cold.
Here are some photos from Friday before it started raining. It is my 11 year old son's pioneering project and a photo of the trees behind my tent. It is a pretty area.
Nice pics. And did you send that rain to Europe? It rained yesterday in the morning when the firefighter games in our village started.
Now it's dry and I am going to run in the “Lopen Tegen Kanker”.(Run against Cancer)
Hello muddah, hello faddah
Here I am at Camp Granada
Camp is very entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining
Last Sunday I went orienteering with a bunch of guys from work. In the rain. It was fun, although I still have some sand (a.k.a. dried mud) in my shoes.
Ah, Alan Sherman! I love that song.
It was hideously hot here for a few days, up to 80 degrees, and now it's hit 43. No rain yet, but it shouldn't be long now.
The same type of weather occurred here, as well. Warm during the week, then it dropped into the sixties, and today it was in the forties and raining.
I think fall has finally arrived, just in time for winter! I also observe the Celtic calendar, so the start of winter is November 1. And also the new year.
Rain? What's rain? It's still sunny and dry here...
Mountains (Blue Lake/N Cascades):
and Cuttthroat Pass (PCT, N Cascades)
and Cascade Pass (N Cascades)
and Hidden Lakes LO (N Cascades):
And then a street 1/2 mile from home:
eh, later on that.
. . . You suck.
Where is that? Washington?
I have orchards, farmlands, forests, and Gettysburg to look at in the fall. :/
Washington state, yes.
Just beautiful pictures Val and here in the Netherlands it will become a rainy afternoon
Lovely pics, Val. Aaaaaah, I'm from the northwest, but my nice job is here in Florida and not really transferable.<sigh> I visit Portland every few years to see family and go to Orycon.
Ah, well, I'm too young for the senior discount over at the Country Kitchen, but this is almost as good!
1) Hey folks, I'm Rain Crow. I'm 30 years old.
2) I've read stories on these boards for... uh, three years; I've yet to write anything though.
3) I enjoy the original trilogy more than the prequels, but I have to say that ROTS was a decent movie with some truly awesome battle scenes and lightsaber duels, and I loved the Emperor... just loved him!
4) My favorite characters in the whole SW universe are probably Han, Luke, Jacen Solo and Vergere. Han because... well, because he's Han Freakin' Solo. What more needs to be said? Luke, because he had enough faith in the goodness of his (mass murderer) father to walk into the jaws of death or damnation to try to save him. Jacen because, despite what was done to his character later in the EU, he had the strength of heart to follow his convictions in the face of ridicule from his peers and the lack of understanding from his family. Vergere because she was by far the most intriguing, mysterious character to come out of the EU. Who was she, really, and what were her motives?
5) I like Star Wars because it has an epic feel to it, but is also graspable. Other sci-fi or space opera sagas are just as epic in scale, but often feel... cold. There's something very human about Star Wars, probably because at its heart it is about struggle of the human heart, between light and dark, and what defines those two aspects of our spirits.
6) I'm not sure what writing tips I could offer that haven't been offered before, and more eloquently. I suppose... check your spelling? Let the characters play off of each other? Don't try to force dialog or over explain exposition? Honestly, I'm not much of a writer. It's a fun hobby that I sometimes inflict upon anonymous strangers on the internets. You've been warned.
Anyway, I'm not around all that much, but from what I've read y'all seem like a fun bunch of scribblers, so I thought I'd pop in and say hi.
Welcome to the asylum, Rain Crow! Here's your complimentary straitjacket. The nurse will be around with the meds shortly.
Happy pills are happy!
Happy pills are good. They keep me sane.
I was randomly going through some old stuff, found a story that was mostly finished, in a text file. Popped it into Word, found it's about 64k words and 97% finished, so I've been up all night, doing some tweaking. A little more formatting, a good title, and I might have it published by the end of the week!
I actually have happy pills.
So I just got back from the hospital...again. I sometimes think my doctor suffers from Muchausen by proxy syndrome. She is always checking me for cancer. Now we are on the fifth cancer scare. The first four involved multiple biopsies and two very EVASIVE tests before I was given a clean bill of health. Now my blood work came back all screwy for my annual physical and they are trying to figure out what is going on with my liver.
It sucks growing old, but I guess it beats the alternative.
Hi, raincrow! Any fan of Han Freakin' Solo is a friend of mine! This is a good place to get your feet wet writing. From your introduction it sounds like you have the uber basics down already. Maybe you would prefer beta reading?
Jedi_Lover: Sorry to hear about your scare. At least you have happy pills!