main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

over all best star wars scene

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by padawan_ry, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan_ry

padawan_ry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2003
    just reading replys

2. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I think SW Community might be better suited. Heck, maybe they already have a thread on the subject. Look around.

Rick McCallum loves you!

3. jMo_Skywalker

jMo_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    We've already got a Favorite Star Wars scene on these boards. Is there a difference between these 2?

4. jimkk29

jimkk29 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    I'd vote for the whole scene with the Emperor, Vader and Luke at the end of ROTJ. Just Excellent.

5. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Vader entering the corridor of the rebel blockade runner - his first scene.

6. 12_parsecs

12_parsecs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    This is really a minor scene from the Trilogy, but when I think of Star Wars, I think of this scene. In ESB, Lando, Leia, Chewie, R2 and C3PO are trying to leave Bespin and rescue Han before Boba Fett takes him away. They are all on the landing platform near the Falcon when Stormtroopers start firing on them. The camera angle is up in the air, we see Chewie firing back at the storm troopers, the sun is setting, they're trying to get on the Falcon. I know that's not what anyone would consider the best scene in the trilogy, but I just like that shot right there. To me, that is classic Star Wars.

7. Zethlin_Maximus

Zethlin_Maximus Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2003
    You're right on the money there, 12_parsecs! You're talking about the escape from Cloud City scene, aren't you? I think that's a powerful scene as well. Not only is the cinematography dead on, but so is the music. It matches everything that's happening on screen (have you all noticed that the music jumps every time a Stormtrooper appears at the doorway leading onto the platform). I also think the asteroid scene and the scene where Luke's picked up from under Cloud City are great as well! Those three scenes are the best in the trilogy for me.

8. George15

George15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 4, 2002
    The confession scene is my personal favorite.

9. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I agree with jimkk29, in ROTJ the timing of the Emperor-zapping-Luke is nearly perfect.

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Luke holding Anakin as he dies.

11. V Wing Fighter Pilot

V Wing Fighter Pilot Jedi Master star 4

Mar 6, 1999
    "No...I am your father."

12. rodan70

rodan70 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 1, 2002
    "No, I am your Father."

13. CryssyJo

CryssyJo Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2002
    My favorite scene is in ROTJ when Luke and Darth Vader are dueling, with the Emporer egging them on and telling Luke to strike down Vader and complete his journey to the dark side. Luke switches off his light saber and tosses it to the side and says "No, I am a Jedi, like my father before me." I believe this is when Vader finds the 'good' that was still deep down inside him that Luke has seen all along, and believed was still there. Lukes faith in the 'good'that was Anakin helps Darth toss the Emporer over the edge and which brings him back to the light!

14. Darth_MacDaddy

Darth_MacDaddy Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    Heck they're all good :D

But if I had to choose i'd say.... Luke and Yodas scenes on Dagobah in ESB.... Or every Darth Vader scene in ESB.... Or the throne room scenes in ROTJ.... Or, ahh sod it they're all good :D

15. 12_parsecs

12_parsecs Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002

Thanks Zethlin, I knew somebody else had to recognize that scene as awesome!

Also, the whole end scene in ROTJ, specifically, Lando piloting the Falcon. Does anyone think this is not cool?? Possibly one of the slickest characters in the SW universe gets to pilot the Falcon and take down the Death Star. Classic, truly classic.

16. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Han should've been the one to take down the DSII, IMO.

Anyway, the best:

1. The confession scene. "I..I killed them all." Hayden has much anger in him. And he exploits it to awesome ability here. Portman looks scared out of her friggin mind here. It's a totally cool scene.

2. The escape from Cloud City. This is awesome-the music, the sheer desperation of the heroes, Luke's wallowing in doubt and misery...

3. Luke defeats Vader, ROTJ. "Never!!" Ever notice the aw-bantha-poodo look Vader has when he sees Luke about to charge him?

4. Han being put into the carbonite. I wish I could get into a bad situation like that..ubercool way to go out.

5. Qui-Gon's death scene. Quite sad, and very historic-feeling.

17. redleader92055

redleader92055 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 9, 2003
    The seen that always gives me goosebumps is the last seen in ANH, the celabration of the death star being destoryed.you know when luke and han get their medals. i think its the music that gets to me

18. Force_Prophet

Force_Prophet Jedi Master star 3

Apr 9, 2003
    My fav is from ESB when Han, Chewie, R2, 3PO and Leia walk into the dining hall in Cloud City. Darth Vader deflects some blaster shots and then invites them to sit with him, just awsome.

19. Mystic_Ally

Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2003
    all the vader scenes in the Empire Strikes Back, but my absolute favorite is when Luke has nearly fallen through the window and is in the hallway, and all of a sudden you see Vader's back walking menacingly to Luke. the music, the timing, it send chills down my spine, every time

20. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    The best overall starwars scene would have to be Obi-Wan vs. Vader duel when the camera looks past them, through the hanger, into space. The opitomy(sp?) of Starwars for me.

2nd would have to be the shot of Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Maul taking off their cloaks just before the duel of fates.

:)

21. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    Vader's redemption is my favorite scene as of now. That very well may change in 2005 (and I hope it does!) :D

22. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    For me, it's the end of ROTJ when Luke sees the ghosts of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda, but ONLY in the original format, not SE. Y'see, it's not so much the scene itself, but if you listen to the music, that Ewok chanting, well, that's not so special by itself, but then when Luke sees the ghosts, another melody starts playing, a freal soft one. But the Ewok music doesn't stop, so it kind of mixes for a real beautiful moment. And then Leia comes and gets him and he joins the party. I know it's hard to imagine that being as good as 'm saying, but watch it and listen for it, and you'll see what I'm talking about. And in the SE, the Ewok music was pointlessly changed.

23. SpiKe_The_Smuggler

SpiKe_The_Smuggler Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2003
    HAN SOLO FIXING THE FALCON IN ESB....AND YOU CAN SEE HIS BUTT! YES! !!!!! THAT ROCKS!

errr Harrison Ford fan...major and im not afraid to admit it!

"BUTT" THAT IS AWESOME! BROWN PANTS! AND THAT BAR THAT HE CLIMBS OVER IN ESB...THE GREATEST MOMENT! LOL

24. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    For me, it's a toss-up between Vader's redemption and the scenes leading up to Han being frozen in carbonite. (That look on Leia's face is haunting.)

25. Master Salty

Master Salty Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 18, 1999
    The revelation scene is the best in my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.