main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Over the Edge of the Galaxy (updated 4/10)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Fruitcake, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Yes, it's a repost. There were some things about the original that I didn't like, so I rewrote the plot. I thank the Lord for spring break.
    This story is a speculation on the fact that the Yuuzhan Vong were in the galaxy as spies under Palpatine's rule.

...And I went over the edge of the world
    And I felt the sting of all its words
    I stopped over just to finish up
    I turned the knobs and called your bluff
    I went over the edge of the world
    A break from the deranged world of...
    Plotting out the death of art.
    --Kevin Max

Prologue

Voices. Flurrying around her head, droning on and on like bees. Images swarmed on the edge of her perception but never quite reached her eyes. Two things ran through her mind, instilled as basic instinct from day one: fight or flight. That instinct quickly turned into dispair. She couldn't move. From the hairs on her head to the toes on her feet, everything was immobile. The voices grew louder then, and she soon could begin to make out words -- but they were not in any language she had ever witnessed.

"Sua es anusiem infidel."

"Sua es..."

"En riam?"

"Tsak!"

A sickening crunch came, and she knew someone's neck had been broken. There was a silence for awhile, no movement or noise that she could detect.

Then sudden pain shot through her. She arched her back in excruciating agony, now able to move, but not as grateful for it as she had anticipated.

"Be still, infidel," a voice said in Basic. "Embrace the pain."

The words did not help, even though she suspected it was their strange "comforting" words. She felt a scream rise from her lungs, up through her throat, and finally out of her mouth in an agonizing shriek. She screamed for everything -- the pain, her husband, her children, the fate of the galaxy. But most of all she screamed because every single memory she ever had were fading into nothingness, as if they had never been, and being replaced with new ones. Ones she knew she had never experienced, but began to believe, because they were now the only ones she knew.

Then she knew nothing as unconsciousness claimed her.

2. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    wow

That sounds awesome...

more!

3. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Thank you, Darla! :D

4. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    Fareem K'Lai was nervous -- no, "nervous" was not the correct word. To be afraid was to be a coward. The Yuuzhan Vong warrior squared his shoulders and entered the large chamber. Inside, 20 long warriors stood in a straight line, clad only in loincloths, paying rapt attention to something in front of them. A rather loud voice reached his ear. The voice was that of a woman, but was by no means soft.

A few moments later, the warriors filed past him. Among them was Tsavong Lah, Warmaster Czulkang Lah's son and an excellent candidate himself. Unlike the other warriors, Tsavong Lah's eyes met Fareem's and held them, almost as a challenge.

Once they were gone, a voice greeted him. "The gods have granted you mercy, Fareem K'Lai. Speak your message." Her back turned toward him, Tsik Vai's voice was suddenly much softer -- but no less menacing.

He crossed his fists to opposite shoulders in salute. "Belek tiu, Commander. The Warmaster requests your presence."

"He shall have it." A pause. "Do you trust me, Fareem K'Lai?"

"I cannot say, Commander."

"You trained under me for a year. Answer the question."

"I would have...." He stopped; began again. "I do place my life in your hands, Commander."

"I have taught you something, then. Dismissed."

"Yes, Commander."

As he left the room, he could feel her sharp gaze following him the entire way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Czulkang Lah studied the woman before him. Tsik Vai -- or more literally translated, "Lady of Atonement" -- was a human, but one could not tell immediately by looking at her. Scar upon scar, tattoo upon tattoo, covered nearly every square inch of her body that he could see. What once might have been considered beautiful by the infidel standards was now beautiful by Yuuzhan Vong standards -- which surely meant she would be repulsive to any self-respecting human.

Though obnoxious in any physical activity, she had never cut her long brown hair. It was well past her waist and usually held back, away from her face. Her brown eyes were hard, but often spoke of her determined and fiery spirit.

"The gods smile upon you, my friend," Czulkang commented. "But something troubles you."

"Perhaps, Warmaster. If so, I was not aware of it."

"Come, Commander. Your attempts at lying cannot fool anyone, least of all me. I do not pretend to be a mind-reader, but I can see your hesitation."

"Dreams."

"Oh?"

"Dreams," she repeated.

"Of what nature?"

Tsik's eyes took on a very vague look. "A black mask."

"Is that all?"

"Yes, Warmaster. It is nothing."

"Of course. Dismissed, Commander."

He hoped, as she exited, that her dream was indeed "nothing."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.