main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Overall favourite effects shot?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lanky, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    the one where the tie fighters shoot blue lasers in ESB

2. darkOmegazer0

darkOmegazer0 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I love when the Falcon is flying back towards Cloud City to get Luke, the shot of Cloud City with all it's lights on and the dark and the falcon comes flying towards it.

3. DarthMandarb

DarthMandarb Jedi Master star 2

May 29, 2002
    My favorite in the entire trilogy is in aNH - The binary sunset scene.

It's so subtle and believable.

I actually, when a child, thought it was filmed on another planet because it was so real.

And the music in the background was incredible.

~ darthMANDARB

4. DarthNigel

DarthNigel Jedi Master star 3

Jul 14, 2003
    I love the scenes of the Alliance fleet going into battle in ROTJ: first, the shot of all the ships preparing to go into hyperspace, where the Falcon and the fighters are zooming through and around the capital ships, and also later when the fleet all comes out of hyperspace at Endor.

I think the two most essential effects shot of the trilogy would have to be SD flyover at the start of ANH, or the shot of the Falcon going into hyperspace, with the rotating starfield right afterwards. (Also used in ESB but not seen in the PT so far.)

There are also several very striking effects shots of the Falcon in ESB, such as the one where Leia has just convinced Chewie and Lando to return to Cloud City to save Luke - the Falcon is flying away from the camera, then arcs upward through the clouds until it's facing toward the camera, and does a 180-degree roll.

Also, the shot of the Falcon being pursued by 3 TIEs into space off of Bespin, and the sun is rising from behind the darkened face of the planet. That shot always symbolized the "dawn" of hope and the eventual end of the Empire.

5. vw_jedi

vw_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2002
    special edition ANH, the scene before the assault on the DS where the x-wings are rising up through the jungle canopy near the guy in the tower. gives me goose bumps.

6. GrandMasterJay

GrandMasterJay Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2003
    I also like the scene in ESB when Luke gets sucked out the window in the control room during his duel with Vader.

7. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    The approach to Cloud City.

Still gives me chills.

8. Mysterious_Assassin

Mysterious_Assassin Jedi Master

Aug 4, 2003
    ANH - The opening scene still gives me goosebumps even today

ESB - The whole Asteroid Field scene

ROTJ - I just love it when the whole Rebel Fleet come out of hyperspace at Endor then have to swerve cos the shield is still up. Also, special mention must go to the special effect of General Madine's hair - how those FX guys pulled that one off I'll never know!

9. DarTheo

DarTheo Jedi Youngling

Oct 7, 2003
    I really like the shot in ESB with all the Star Destroyers and the Executor. :D Just before the "You found something ?" scene.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.