main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

overrated duel

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by GunganGrievous874, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunganGrievous874

GunganGrievous874 Jedi Youngling

Mar 31, 2005
    who out there thinks the duel with count doku and yoda is overrated

2. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    Similar topic here:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Attack_of_the_Clones/b10001/18968340/?11

And I do not think this fight is over rated at all. Yoda got his groove on

3. Deeysew

Deeysew Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    Honestly, I do... (jumps into a trench and loads gun) I mean...C'mon, it was just a test for things to come, right? I consider Dooku to beeeeee... Palpatine-light: Shoots lightning, fights with a saber, old; and I believe Lucas just wanted to see wether his Anime-inspired idea for Ep3 would look decent enough on screen. (Fast-paced Animated action with swords.)

We've never seen a cg puppet move so fast and get his groove on before, but now we have, so Ep3's big brawl in the senate will be the result of this first successful test. Which I found amazing at first, but now it's a pretty tame, nearly roll-eyes worthy duel. There's lots of clashing and flashyness like in those overly edited hollywood action flicks. And that stuff gets a 'meh' from me everytime.

As badly put together as Anakin's fight was, at least it had some style. It was like a ballet with swords until the crappy ending. :p

4. Asharak

Asharak Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2003
    The editing is bad, but the premise of the three duals with Obi, Anakin and Yoda all trying to beat the same guy, is cool.

5. KennyT

KennyT Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 25, 2005
    I liked it, and thought it was kewl personally. Other than the wonderfully choreographed duels with Darth Maul, I think the entire sequence of duels with Dooku are the next best. I thought Yoda VS Dooku was even better than Luke VS Vader. Just one man's opinion though.

6. michaelbacca

michaelbacca Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
    I think they the dueal received to much hype since it was the first time we got to see Yoda in action. It was fun to watch Yoda do something besides hobble around but it still rated nowhere near the duel with Darth Maul. Christoper Lee is old, but still pretty freaking awesome, and when he is fighting Anakin all we get to see is the light sabers flash in front of their faces a few times. As a battle it is pretty cool but when compared to the duels in the other movies, it doesn't even come close.

7. jedimasterlincoln

jedimasterlincoln Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2005
    I remember watching AOTC in the cinema and at the line "This duel cannot be settled by our knowledge of the force, but by our skills with a lightsaber"

Several dozen people laughed and retorted. Yoda was **** hot!

8. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    You mean hot shi... wait a second! You can't say that!

9. platform327

platform327 Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2005
    I thought the Jedi/Maul duel far exceeded the Kenobi/Anakin-Dooku duel. The Yoda fight with Dooku was scintillating and played out as it should have been. I always thought Dooku had the old-fashioned aristocratic English gentleman thing going on far too much, and being English...and a gentleman (non-aristocratic)...it seemed too stereotypical, and the style he brought to the role of Dooku seemed to mirror many of his other previous acting roles. I did like the character development though. :)

10. Cyber_Jedi

Cyber_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2004
    i really thought that the yoda vs dooku duel was poor. they majorly over did it too many spins jumps etc makes me think that i wont enjoy yoda vs sids in rots.
    on another note yoda lies "size matters not....." about the xwing, then that huge foundation thing was falling onto ani and obi and he had to "try" so damn hard to stop it.

11. Sith-Jedi-Master

Sith-Jedi-Master Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2004
    i think the duel was very well played out...it is setting something up for ep3 i can feel it..

i think that was just a taste of yoda can really do and
    it will show later on..

12. ObiWanIsTheOne

ObiWanIsTheOne Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    The duel was of courser over hyped, bcause Yoda was finally going to fight. I remember people toyed with that idea when Episosde 1 came out. I remember all the people saying "That will never happen!" In their faces! Hah!

Back on topic....

This duel had the potential to be amazing, bu fell short. They chopped it up with so many edits, that it wasn't spectacular. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but it could have been more. The editing ruined it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.