main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Overthrow" Parts 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by garrettendi, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterpool

Masterpool Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    What happened to this thread Endi?

2. garrettendi

garrettendi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2001
    i am very, very, sorry to any fans who have been waiting sooooooo long for Part 5.

with college, meeting up with friends, and my german trip last week, i just havent found the time to write Part 5 yet.

i will start writing it now while i have the time :D .

3. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    Part 5

Garrett made his way to the ship. The journey would be an excellent chance to give Jen some last minute training. He carried everything he needed in his bags, which he carried slung over his shoulder. He had just one or two changes of clothes in the bag, as well as the usual Jedi communications equipment.

He found Jen waiting for him outside the ship's entrance. She also carried a bag, nearly twice as big as Garrett's.

"That's a lot of equipment you're carrying Jen"

I only packed essentials, Master Endi

Garrett searched the bag with the Force, "A blaster is not essential, Padawan. Where did you get it?"

I bought it on Mon Calamari, Master. I never had to use it before

"And you won't have to use it now. Take it out"

Jen put the bag onto the floor and searched through it to find the blaster. She gave it over to Garrett.

"Good Padawan. This blaster won't be needed on the mission. But it will come in useful for our training. Let's go into the ship, it will be leaving Coruscant in ten minutes."

Yes Master. What will Master Endi do with the blaster, Jen thought. She tried to think of possible uses that Garrett could have for the blaster in training. Lightsaber practise? How to move a blaster bolt with the Force?

Garrett felt Jen's curiosity. "Don't worry Jen, you'll find out."

They walked through the hallways of the ship to the lift. The lift had several buttons, to take them to different levels, which were divided by class. The First Class Level was at the top of the ship, and there were three "Economy" Levels at the bottom. Garrett had never liked the idea of people being divided by wealth and status, not many Jedi did. Most Jedi realised that money and power, was nothing compared to the almighty power of the ever-flowing Force. There had been Jedi who thought that people with the Force were therefore automatically better than any others, and these were the Jedi who had falled to the Dark Side. One of the lessons they taught many Padawans was that over-confidence, and excessive pride, led to the Dark Side.

Not much chance of pride here, thought Garrett, we have an "Economy" placement. We have to keep a low profile for this mission.

They were taken to their floor by the lift, and found their rooms. They had decided to board the transport under the pretence of Jen being Garrett's grandaughter, so they had been given the same room, and Garrett used the Force to create the image of him as a Mon Calamari. The room was divided into a bathroom, and a larger area with two small beds in it.

Garrett lost the Force image of himself, and appeared human again. "The Journey should take until midday tomorrow Padawan. We should spend some time training now, and then get some food."

There doesnt seem to be much room, Master

"That shouldnt prove to be much of a problem" Garrett threw his bag onto one of the beds, then used the Force to raise that bed, and place it on top of the other bed, and then used the Force again to push into one of the far corners of the room. "This should give us enough room. Place you bag on the beds, and we'll start training."

Yes Master. Jen placed her bag next to Garrett's and stood in the middle of the room again.

Garrett closed the door and took Jen's blaster out of his robes. "A blaster is a crude weapon, Padawan. A lightsaber requires skill to use it, and with a blaster, anyone with a slight accuracy can kill another person. A blaster can also be easily disarmed using the Force, if you know the insides of a blaster. I assume you already know how a blaster works, Jen?" Jen nodded - the basic mechanics of a blaster was common knowledge across the galaxy. "Good. Now, reach out to the gun with the Force"

Jen closed her eyes, and reached out with her mind. With the Force, she could feel the blaster, it's shape, it's colour, even the insides of it. Okay Master .

"Good. Now locate the battery, and try to feel the power in the battery"

This was easy, thought Jen. I can already feel

4. Masterpool

Masterpool Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 11, 2002
    It's great to see you posting again Endi! I'm sorry for the delay in response.

It struck me as rather funny that a mechanical human(?) and a Mon Calamari could pose as grandfather and granddaughter!!

I really liked Master Endi's instruction in regards to the blaster. It seems that he has a far different style than most of the Jedi. You gave us a lot more insight into the actual application of the force than I've seen in most fanfiction. My favorite part was when Jen asked how long it had took and he told her half an hour!! I can imagine her talking to the Mon Calamari rebels, "Now, don't fire yet; I still need time to drain your blaster; good, hold that pose."

I hope the next update won't be so long in coming.

5. garrettendi

Nov 19, 2001
    errrr yeah the grandfather thing was a bit of mistake, but i'll edit it so that garrett tricks them into thinking he's a mon calamari.

Jen will get better at the blaster thing, and Garrett isnt mechanical. he's pure human.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.