overwhelmed

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Jedi-Jack, Nov 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
  1. Droid_Runner Jedi Knight

star 1
    JediJace007, I second all your post -- and the others too.
  2. shocktrooper Jedi Knight

star 3
    Just Remember every collection starts with just one piece.

If I was you I wouldn't spend your full pay.
    In time you will know the Items you are really aiming for rather then blowing your money now on an impulse.
  3. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    ahhh thank you droidrunner and jedi-jack :D!! and also thanks for not thinking i'm a big nerd for taking those classes :) my parents are making me anyways, plus i want to be a veternarian when i get out of college so i have to make good grades and what not. and actually right now i'm overwhelmed financially as well, i don't have a job and my parents aren't going to lend me any more money for star wars toys... ahh well their is always christmas :D!
  4. Jedi-Jack Jedi Padawan

StarFett- I work a a trader joe's that just opened up and i get 9 bucks an hour.

these replies make sense, but i still wanna go a little crazy for a month or so and buy a ton of stuff!
  5. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    "thank you Jedi Jack?" What about ME? Jedijace007? It was my compliment ;)
    (I have to take credit hothie)
    but seriously, you are really good looking. and if that school picture was a bad one, I'd love to see you on a good day! Props to ya hothwampa
  6. Jedijace007 Jedi Master

star 3
    Oh, and jedijack: Just what is a "trader Joe's"
  7. Jedi-Jack Jedi Padawan

trader joes is like a gouremt grocery sstore place.
  8. StarFett Force Ghost

star 2
    A month!?
    I think I just went nuts in a week... A month is like an overdose.

College is okay but if you don't have any thing set away for it do stick your money there! My parents work at the local college so free tuiton on this side not to mention what I'm going to get in the Air Force.
    Personaly I think college is easier then high school, is funner and would have dropped out of high school for college if I could have!
    Yes I hated my high school and most of the Anchorage School Distirct. Now I'm going to stop talking about it before I sucum to the dark side.

If you find college to be a little "why am I here?" consider taking a year off or some thing. Join something like the military that will allow you to travel and pay you while you do so. I'm working on getting into film so travel is a big part of my job. But my Air Force job will help me if I can't make it in Hollywood by offering me training in another field.

Okay that's enough off topicness.
    Do consider not jumping into the purchasing thing so quickly. It will drain you spiritualy and financialy if you don't watch your self. Plus some times the smallest and cheapest toy can be the best part of your collection. Like my shaved Endor Rebel. He's simple but I love him. And my Yoda puppet that my parents bought when I was a baby. They found him in the toy sale bin at some thing like a Walmart. You could have five toys in your collection but so long as they had a story behind them they could be the best five toys around....
  9. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Jedijace007: sorry, that was my mistake i just read the "jedi jac" part and just was guessing about the rest of it :( yes, i wanted to thank YOU for the compliment :)
  10. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "Personaly I think college is easier then high school, is funner..."

But do they teach spelling and grammar in college? :p
  11. StarFett Force Ghost

star 2
    Last time I was tuaght spelling and grammer was in elementary so thats a bad example. But yes thre are classe one can take to improve in that area in college.

And just becuase I can't spell and have poor grammer does not make me any less inteligent. Simply focused on other things.
  12. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Don't worry, my friend, I was just jokin' around. :)
  13. Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA

star 6
    Good luck with everything --collecting, school, etc. :D

And the military can be a good choice. I did the Navy for 6 years after high school. After a 3 year break, I got involved in teh Army national Guard a year ago --it's going to help fund some of my costuming projects.

BTW, the answers to your costuming Q's can be found in the Costuming & Props forums. :D
  14. Jedi-Jack Jedi Padawan

hey! i think hoth wampa is pretty too!
  15. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    :) thank you, jedi jack... i appreciate it :D
  16. Jedi-Jack Jedi Padawan

so now i gotta decide what to buy first....i have a few toys...just common stuff like the toy lightsabers and a few fugures. i think i'll buy something big and expensive to really get me started though...im really likin those master replicas sabers, so i guess ill buy the vader hilt.

it woul dbe cool to get a ton of toys, but id have no idea where to begin, there are so many. would it be bets to do it organized like, or to just go to a toys are us and buy a ton??
  17. buster726 Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree they are cool have a couple myself. okay okay I bought them all. But if you are collecting with a tight budget and fear of listening what your parents will say I suggest make your own alot cheaper and it will be one of a kind. try this site very informantive place to start
    http://www.wilcoxusa.net/saber/
  18. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    "hey! i think hoth wampa is pretty too!"

-Jedi-Jack

You and me both! Hell, who dosen't? :D [face_love] :)

-Yoda ;)

P.S. Hothie, I think ur pretty :)

P.S.S. "and also thanks for not thinking i'm a big nerd for taking those classes"

-_HothWampa_

Don't be a fool, school is cool!...or something like that... :D :) [face_love]
  19. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    :) thank you dude!!! i needed a confidence boost today, i've had a bad 12 hours..... bah
  20. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    ":) thank you dude!!! i needed a confidence boost today, i've had a bad 12 hours..... bah"

-_HothWampa_

Anytime, I'm told I'm a good confidence booster, always very perkey and flattering...Actually I just made all of that up... :) lol! But really, I ment what I said...Is everything O.K.?

-Yoda ;)

P.S. I think that is is turning into a: "How Pretty Is _HothWampa_ Thread" not that that is a bad thing :D Actually I might make one of those! :p Just Kidden...Or am I? be on the lookout! lol ;) [face_love]
  21. _HothWampa_ Jedi Master

star 4
    ... :D!!! i know i'm not that pretty.... but thanks anyways.... and ya everything is ok, i just am beat up from basketball... i have a bruised rib and have another doctor's appointment on wednesday for my crappy lungs... and am just real tired, but i have my aotc dvd to make me happy :D!
  22. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    *is grateful b-ball practice was canceled today*

who said ur not that pretty? :D

-Yoda ;)
  23. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    You seem to boost Hothy's confidence more than me, so go for it, Kung. :p
  24. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    Hehehehehehehehehe...........O.K. Sithy! :p lol....... :)

-Yoda ;)
  25. Kung-Fu-Yoda Jedi Master

star 4
    "To the cofidence-booster-moblie, C'mon Sithy, lets go!"

*Adam and Kevin spin around in phone booths and come out in red,white,and blue spandex, super hero costumes, with the letters CB (confidence booster) in the middle, and hop in the "Confidence-Booster-Mobile" (a cheap imatation of the "Bat mobile") with a notebook full of complements*

"Lets Go!

LOL

:p :)

-Yoda ;)
Moderators: CrazyMike, LAJ_FETT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.