main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OW stepping down as RSA

Discussion in 'Archive: Las Vegas, NV' started by Obey Wann, Nov 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    As I announced at the PFF meeting on Saturday, I will be stepping down as RSA for the Southwest Region. It has been my privilige to perform these duties, and to work with so many fine FF'ers all over the country. I've seen several FF's grow up out of nowhere, and I'm extremely proud of what the different groups are doing, and where they're going.

I will still be a part of my local FF, and I will continue to attend major activities and conventions, as I my schedule allows. I'm not dropping off the face of the earth entirely. ;) I'm not dead. Well, not yet. ;) :p

But I've known for about 2 months that my time was coming, and the IMAX event was my last big hurrah, --I kinda burned myself out coordinating that. It was worth it, though. :D

So why am I stepping down? For those of you who don't know, I lead a pretty busy life offside the boards. (whoa, there's life off the boards ?!?>!? ) ;) :p

In addition to my full time job, I am a husband, and father of two young kids (one 2+ yo toddler girl and a month old baby boy). I'm also part of the Arizona Army National Guard and am attached to a self-propelled artillery unit. I expect to get activated in the future, based on how stuff is going in the Middle East. Time will tell. [face_plain] But I DO need to spend more time with my family, regardless of it I get deployed or not.

The straw that broke the camel's back and determined that I need to stop spending too much time online is that I recently started college at Western International University. I'm finally going to get my bachelor's degree. :D I need to spend what little quiet time I have in my life doing homework and school projects.

I ran out of time in my busy schedule, and don't have the time, or the mental energy to continue moderating and leading the region effectively. I have chosen my replacement, and he is currently being confirmed in the Old Folks Home as we speak. I expect VoidDancer to have his colors by Wednesday. Please welcome him, and I wish each and every FF growth and smooth sailings!!!

See you all around!!!

OW

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.