main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Owens Attitude

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Dagobah1234, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah1234

Dagobah1234 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    "He knew my father?"

"I told you to forget it."

-Luke & Owen

I think Luke has the right to know about his own father. I understand that Owen's trying to protect him from his father's fate, but he could at least tell him he was once a great Jedi Knight. Or he could of had Obi-Wan tell him what to say when Luke asks about his father. He shouldn't plain lie to him by saying he was a navigator on a spice frighter.

A thought? Anyone?

2. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I think he was ashamed for having Anakin as a relitive.

It wouldn't be wise to admit that man that wiped out the Jedi Race and is terrorising the Galaxy is your brother in law!

3. WMCoolmon

WMCoolmon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    And the way Luke shoots his mouth off, he'd be lucky if he survived the next week. I mean, look how long he knows Ben before he starts blabbing about how wrong the Empire is.

Or maybe because he'd have to admit Beru was right the last time they got into an argument about whose in-laws were worse. :p

More seriously, I think it was because Owen wanted to forget it and keep Luke from becoming curious. From the day Owen told him, Luke would be continually asking him about his father - what was he like, what did he do, did Owen have any pictures, what happened to his girlfriend....

4. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    I believe that Owen didn't tell Luke about the 'good' story of Anakin (ie, a great jedi in the Clone Wars) because he was afraid it would fuel Luke even more to leave. Luke had already wanted to go to the academy and explore the galaxy (just like his dad) and if he knew he had the blood of a hero, he would probably be even more eager.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.