main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Heh, bat-guano nuts. I love getting crap past the radar.

Anyway, I kinda like that Dragon Age woman, but I think I'll nominate Grey DeLisle. Something like her voice for Asajj Ventress or Azula.

Robimus likes this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I always have such a hard time with these voice actor ones...

[​IMG]

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    It is tricky. I'm come up with a nomination soon, just need time :p

OK, Askley Eckstein....no wait.......:p

Bardan_Jusik and Mia Mesharad like this.
  4. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Good day to you all - I've come to show some appreciation for the Mandalorians! :)

Always been interested since my introduction to Boba Fett, and more-so the back story to one Jango Fett and have always found them rather exciting, but dangerous. Perfect combination!

Robimus likes this.
  5. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome aboard Vod.

6. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Can someone tell me, what is the general viewings on the Mandalorians by others not associated with them?

Are they feared, or are they generally accepted around society?

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Su'cay Gelderd.

Any answer to your question depends a lot on the person/society and the time frame in which you're talking about. If it's the middle of one of the Mandalorian's more aggressive era's there would be abject fear. However I will go with more "peaceful" times as I think that's more what you're after.

Mandalorians are pretty rare as well when it comes to the overall galactic population, they probably aren't thought of very much by mainstream society. I just don't think they are on most people's "radar". Much in the fashion that a lot of people today don't think too often of mercenary groups IRL. When they are, people probably think, "tough soldiers, good bounty hunters. Might be cool to see one someday, so long as they aren't after me."

Now when they are encountered, some people would be intimidated by seeing a "walking tank" cross their path no matter. However, I know in the prologue of Order 66 you see people not paying much attention to Baran Jusik (of all people :p ) as he walks to streets of Coruscant. They see him as just another bounty hunter and nothing to get too excited about. I would think that basic attitude would persist throughout much of the days of the Empire. Unless of course you were a criminal or a Jedi, then you might worry a bit and wouldn't be too fond of them.

[​IMG]

8. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Hmm, I see - thank you Bardan! Interesting - did they participate in the aftermath of Order 66 in bringing down any Jedi?

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    As a whole? No. Some Mandalorian bounty hunters undoubtedly did hunt down "rogue" Jedi that had survived the initial purge, Boba Fett being probably the most well known.

[​IMG]

10. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe, but I don't know of a documented case. For the most part the Mandalorians have been presented as being silently in opposition of the Empire, via their leader Fenn Shysa. Death Watch may have been working with the Empire in some way, based on the 501st novel iirc. Death Watch was also working with Black Sun during that part of the timeline with one of Black Sun's Vigo being a Mandalorian as well.

Boba is implied to have done so, but again we haven't really seen the instances.

Mia will likely know if there was a clear cut case of a Mandalorian hunting a Jedi in the Dark Times

I wonder if that is where 501st was headed with Dread & Isabet. As in would Death Watch have tried to hunt down the Skirata Clan, and their Jedi, following the events of that novel?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Didn't Kal kill the killer of Etain?

12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Indeed he did, and several others that were there if I am not mistaken.

[​IMG]

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That's not Mandos killing Jedi, though. It's an enraged man (who happens to be a Mandalorian) killing the scum (who happen to be Jedi) who killed someone he loves.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  14. Jedi General Gelderd

Mar 6, 2004
    Thank you all for this - it's a culture I've always admired but know little about.

Even from the 'Bounty Hunter' works with Jango Fett and his partner Zam Wessell, it's given me a good inisght into what the Mandalorians strive for. Got a lot of respect for them actually.

15. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    At the risk of mangling a line. :p

Always a pleasure, to help a Jedi.

[​IMG]

Obi_Wan_Gelderd likes this.
  16. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I'd call that during Order 66 as opposed to in the aftermath of.

17. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    What is the Mandalorian word for Dance?

18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

redalur

[​IMG]

19. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Thanks so much. I'm making my first Mandalorian character for an offsite RPG.:D

Robimus likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  21. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    What site do you use to translate cause i looked almost everywhere for that word

22. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    It might still be on Karen Traviss's website.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    I found it thanks!

Robimus likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have the word list saved to my hard drive. And on my backup drive...and on a flash drive. I wonder if I should print out a hard copy as well. :p

[​IMG]

25. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    If you have Triple Zero, that has a partial Mando'a dictionary in the back. I haven't seen the one on Traviss's website, but the one on Wookieepedia is pretty comprehensive.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.