main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I think in many ways Mandalorian society would always be somewhat fractured. You have a culture made up of a bunch of "alpha type" personalities and they won't always agree on what is best for them as a people. If they disagree with the majority, they will strike it out on their own with like minded Mandos rather than follow meekly against their own wishes. What they do very well though is come together when their society as a whole is threatened. Seems very much like Ancient Greece to me.

[​IMG]

Mando-Man likes this.
  2. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    i guess you could relate it to Ancient Greece, the war the the Persians could be related to the Yuuzhan Vong War. The Vong would be the Persians, Athens could be represented by the Jedi Order and Sparta would have to be the Mandalorians. You got it right again when you said 'alpha types' which o had not really taken into acount earlier, so i do think that the Kadikla movement may actually havethe ability to drive a wedge between Boba Fett and some of his people.

He put a great deal of effort into siding with the Jedi Coalition and entering into a mutual defense contract with the Verpine instead of really shoring up the defenses of Mandalore, as effective as Besu'liiks and Tra'kads i dont think they are a viable stand in for a defense fleet and that could be why the nano-virus was allowed entry into the atmosphere of Mandalore and Fett was unable to set foot on the planet for a time. they simply didnt have the tools to defend the planet from orbit successfully.

following the leader of a populace of a planet he cant set foot on seems like a bad idea to me atleast

3. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Do link us to it when you get it going.

I'd link you to my work in progress featuring Baltan Carid, but most of it just ain't there due to technical difficulties. :p

They did largely rally around Shysa & Fett. There will always be the samll splinter groups like Skirata's I'd imagine, but even he felt really bad about not helping Shysa during the Imperial occupation. I think there was some honorbound thoughts behind supporting the Mandalore.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    That might be a while, im still in the process of writing a few small vignettes to shake off a good case of writers rust, but i have got some ideas to work off

5. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Now that i started thinking about doing a fic about a second Mandalorian Civil War i cant get the idea out of my head and it has eclipsed all my other stories. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a Mando'ade Fan Club sponsored fic written by multiple authors, as i dont think my writing skills are up to snuff to cover so many different points of view and portray certain canon characters correctly.

6. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    I have a few projects on hand, but I'll offer to help.

7. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    ok cool, anyone else interested?

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have enough on my plate at the moment, but it sounds like a neat idea.

[​IMG]

9. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Yeah, no time for me either. But good luck, I'm interested to see the idea get into motion.

10. Whitelight

Whitelight Jedi Master star 4

Aug 10, 2007
    I could help out if pointed in the right direction.

11. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Ok great, three authors should be able to make a pretty good story

Robimus likes this.
  12. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I will get the casting game back on the rails this weekend.

Might try something a little different, like two at once or something .[face_alien]

Commander_Ducky and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Looking forward to it Rob!

[​IMG]

14. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    The casting game rolls on later today! Just to update who we have cast over the past, what, like year and a half or so?

Ed Harris as Kal Skirata

[​IMG]

Emma Stone as Etain Tur-Mukan

[​IMG]

David Wenham as Fenn Shysa

[​IMG]

Molly Quinn as Scout
    [​IMG]

Frances McDormand as Arla Fett

[​IMG]

Sam Rockwell as Bardan Jusik

[​IMG]

Eliza Dushku as Callista Massana!

[​IMG]

Rena Owen as Rav Bralor

[​IMG]

Jake Busey as Dred Priest

[​IMG]

Chow Yun Fat as Sa Cuis

[​IMG]

Daniel Day Lewis as Jaller Obrim

[​IMG]

Jeremy Renner as Mij Gilamar

[​IMG]

Tilda Swinton as Dr. Uthan

[​IMG]

Pauline Newstone as Jinart

[​IMG]

Stephen Lang as Ghez Hokan

[​IMG]

Rachel Bilson as Laseema

[​IMG]

Brian Cox as Arligan Zey

[​IMG]

Peter Weller as Walon Vau

[​IMG]

Yvonne Stahovski as Besany Wennen

[​IMG]

Kate Mulgrew as Ko Sai

[​IMG]

Maybe someone could double check and see if I have missed anyone off the master list?

Commander_Ducky likes this.
  15. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    We are going to do a two for one today and make up for some lost time! First up by request is, Parja Bralor!

[​IMG]

As portrayed in this fan art by artist yumehoshi, Parja was an engineer responsible for keeping up maintenance in the Skirata's secret community Kyrimorut. In addtion to fixing machinery she also had a knack for fixing animals and people. This was most notable in the case of Fi Skirata, whom she nursed back to health and later married. Parja is described as wearing scarlett armor and having long chestnut colored braids.

Lets cast Parja Bralor!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh good choice. For Parja Bralor I am going to suggest Katee Sackhoff.

[​IMG]

Yeah she would have to dye her hair but I think she can portray the right attitude. We already know she sounds like a Mandalorian. :p

[​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    And for part two of our double header lets cast Imperial Commander Roly Melusar!

He may have looked something like this(well at least this serves as an example of what his uniform may have looked like):
    [​IMG]

Roly Melusar was an Imperial Commander from Dromund Kaas who deleveloped a deep hatred towards force sensetives, be they Jedi or Sith, Imperial or not Imperial. He attempted to befriend Imperial Commando's Darman & Niner into his private quest of ridding the galaxy of force users. It remains unknown if his intentions were pure or if his recruitment of Darman & Niner was part of some larger agenda he may have had.

Perhaps we will never know. Lets cast Roly Melusar!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  18. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh, Melusar will take a bit more thought... [face_thinking]

[​IMG]

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    For some reason I can see Morena Baccarin, AKA Inara from Firefly, as Parja.
    [​IMG]

I'll have to think some more about Roly.

Robimus likes this.
  20. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Liev Schreiber for Melusar. Give him a handlebar mustache and he's a perfect match.
    [​IMG]

Robimus likes this.
  21. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Just keep in mind thats not actually a picture of Melusar, just Imperial Officer #435

22. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Doesn't matter, handlebar Liev Schreiber cannot be kept down.

Commander_Ducky and Mando-Man like this.
  23. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Lol I agree. I think Schreiber could portray an Imperial Officer perfectly (handlebar mustache or no :p)

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Just a nitpick, but that's not a handlebar mustache, it's a horseshoe mustache. A handlebar is the sort of thing you'd see on a classic bare-knuckled brawler. Think Daniel Day Lewis in Gangs of New York. Trust me, I've grown a horseshoe mustache and a handlebar mustache myself, so I know the difference. ;)

25. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008

you know i didnt notice that first

another side note: gangs of new york is an awesome movie