main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    That can happen. Sounds very familiar to me :p

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What are peoples favourite mandolorian faction? And in what era?

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    The good ol' fashioned, Keldabe-livin' Mandalorians are generally everyone's favorite around here, just warning you. ;)

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So no love for the quasi-nomadic mandos of the TotJ-era?

5. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I've only read bits and pieces of TOTJ. :p

6. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    There have been a few folks in the group over the years who are fans of the TOTJ Mandalorians, Canderous Ordo and such. Heck our submission for the 'Get To Know An EU Character discussion in the EUC was Canderous.

My favorite faction or group is certainly Jango Fett and his Cuy'val Dar(Skirata, Vau, Bralor, etc) as presented in the Republic Commando novels. That said a couple of my favorite Mandalorians beyond Jango Fett are Fenn Shysa & Goran Beviin. I've got both pencilled in way above Boba Fett on my favorites list.

Hondo Karr is up there as well from the Legacy comic series.

Bardan_Jusik and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    ^^^

What he said. :p Though I haven't read Legacy. I should, but I haven't.

[​IMG]

8. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The "modern" post-Mandalorian Excision era warrior clan Mandalorians, or more specifically, from Jaster Mereel's 60 BBY tenure as Mand'alor onward. I love everything about the close-knit soldier society of the time, wherein we're truly shown a vastly diverse people made up of beings from every race, gender, and walk of life that you can imagine, all living as equals. The mix/juxtaposition of strong badass warriors with warm family people is also incredibly endearing.

From me, no, not really. I don't care for the religious zealotry of the time, much preferring the later secular society of the "modern" Mandalorians to the war-worshipping conquerors of the past. There's still a lingering remnant of the Crusaders' nomadic ways, but without all the problematic baggage that comes with it.

Contessa and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    And that problematic baggage are?

10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Clan Ordo is easily my favorite group. Zuka and Bralor are awesome characters, despite their short appearances. Zuka apparently jury rigs explosives during his spare time, just in case any invisible Sith Assassins are hanging around the camp.

And there's Canderous himself. Always loved hearing his stories and how he always seemed to know every Mandalorian in both games by their first names.

Robimus and Revanfan1 like this.
  11. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Dark-Fox, Revanfan1, Robimus and 3 others like this.
  12. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Bookmarking that for perusal when I have the time to really delve into it. Thanks!

[​IMG]

13. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    Happy Life Day everyone!

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all of my vode here.!

[​IMG]

Robimus and Padawan Fangirl like this.
  15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    Merry Christmas, vode.

Robimus likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "I've successfully defeated the Mandalorian chieftain. The continuing raids will soon bring them to their knees."
    ―Tyber Zann

Do we know what Mandalorian chieftain Zann defeated? Mandolore the Forgotten?

17. Robimus

Jul 6, 2007
    I just wanted to take a moment to announce my resignation from the EUC Senate as the Senator for this club. These past couple years have been a lot of fun, I've made some good friends and in general think this is the single best club/thread on TF.N forums.

Due to internal factors here, and external commitments which will limit my time to participate, I've decided to step away for the the foreseeable future. I'm sure the club will carry on being a destination spot for Mandalorian/Republic Commando/Clone Trooper/Karen Traviss fans on TF.N.

I thank you all for your support of the games I hosted and helped organize, and for your support of this thread itself over the past six plus years since I came onboard in 2007. You all have made the experience here a memorable one.[:D]

If Bardan, as Mandalore, could please relay this news to the Senate. I know a suitable, if not superior, replacement will be found from the ranks.

Thank You

Rob

18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Keep calm and Mando on, as I always say. This club won't be quite the same without you, Rob. [face_peace]

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Well shab. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the best fanclub on these forums, and you have been a major part of making it that way Rob. You have been a positive influence both here and in other threads and games and I am saddened to see you leave us. I hope that someday you reconsider and rejoin us here in Oya manda. You will be missed. [:D]

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 and Robimus like this.
  20. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Good luck, Rob! I pretty much only lurk around here, but being able to help keep up this thread for 6 years, even after Traviss' stuff ended, is awesome. I hope that RL treats you well.

Tim Battershell and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Best of luck in all future things, Robimus.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Your good people Robimus. We've come to each other's defense on KT threads back in the day, but I know you'll do well at whatever life is throwing your way.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  23. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    "Chieftain" is a broad term in relation to Mandalorian society. More than likely it refers to a clan or group leader, as "chieftain" usually refers to a leader under a larger chief. Without any more reference, it's difficult to say but I would probably lean towards a group leader instead of a full-blown Mandalore.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Happy New Year Vode!

I wanted to give this a couple of days out of respect for Rob, but with his departure we need to find new representation for us in the EUC Senate. Now, what is the Senate some of you may ask?

Simply put, the Senate thread is the place where members of the EUC effectively govern our community. It serves as an intermediary between users and the moderation staff, as well as allowing for individual voices to be heard. New EUC wide events are discussed and, if approved of, implemented from there. It is also the place where previous events and games are discussed, improved upon and organized for future use. There are various rules and procedures which are contained in the first post under our EUS Constitution, but I think that is it in a nutshell.

Now, for a long time our thread did not participate in the Senate or most EUC wide events. That was a decision of our club membership at the time. However, I do think that it is important that the voices of oya manda be heard not only here but throughout the EUC as well. Rob was a wonderful representative for us and was instrumental in bringing forth, and participating in, numerous new events. I have stepped in there on a temporary basis to ensure our continued representation, but ideally I would like it of someone else would step forward.

So, I suppose what I am asking is if there are any volunteers to serve as the Senator for Oya manda in the EUC Senate. I don't really want to derail our thread here with Senate business, so if you have any interest or want to see more of what I am talking about you can visit the EUC Senate here or PM me for more details. There will be an election for Chancellor in a couple of weeks, so if someone is interested we can certainly get you installed in time for that. Thanks all, and once again Happy New Year!

[​IMG]

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  25. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Hello all,
    Just popping in to let you guys and gals know that I have spoken with Bardan_Jusik about becoming the Senator for "Oya Manda!". Just wanted to give you all a short run-down of who I am. My real name is Tom but most people know me as "Mandalore the Uniter", a title that was given to me in 2008 as the founder of the Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club. I've been a Mando fan since I was 4yrs old and felt bad seeing Boba fall into the sarlacc pit. When I'm not working my day job, and running the MMCC, I'm also a contributor to the Official Star Wars Blog (mostly Mandalorian-related entries) and have helped on rare occasions with Mando info in some of the novels. I don't claim to know "everything" about the mandos, but I do know a great deal. :)

I've been a member here at TFN since 2007, and am always always watching (and sometimes contributing) to Oya Manda!. I hope to represent you all well in the EU Senate, and knock a few heads together in there if necessary (not really, but that's the "mando way"). Anyhow, happy to be here and hopefully we can get this new year started with a BANG!