main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I just say that if they can claim to be an elite, anybody can.
    'Worthy' is such a lenient word.
    Am I worthy if I keep to the resol'nare? Am I worthy if I want to restore the glory of Mandalore? Am I worthy if I amange not to get killed in the kit while doing my job?

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I saw a lot of it more as a trial by fire. You say you are Mando, you say you want to do the job / defend / or raid. Here is your kit, train in it, live in it, keep it well, and then trial by fire to see if you survive in it.

MsLana about halfway through your story you linked. Liking it, some continuity errors seem to be there, but then you have set yourself up to easily solve them later so they may not exist at all based on later chapters. It is a very touching tale, if close to hitting home for some. Kudos.

3. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008

That's pretty much how I see it.

4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Thanks Mitth_Fisto. :D
    And I might or might not have bent continuity* at some point or other. Overall I can't say I care much. :p [face_blush]
    Since it turns into a 501st fix-it in part two, frell continuity. [face_party]
    Sorry if it's upsetting. Let me know if I need more warnings. [face_worried]

Yeah, that's a good attidue. You can see if you're 'worthy' of the kit if you can live in it. Also matches well with the including attitude I consider Mandos to have.

*Never let canon/continuity get in the way of telling a good story. [face_shame_on_you]

5. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008

Exactly!

I wish more people would see things like that, I mean if it's a major type of continuity error I can see the reason to bring it up but if it's a small one and the story telling is great then who cares.

6. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

That's pretty close to the mark of my own opinion as well. The armor doesn't make the Mando, it's ability/attitude/beliefs that do. In a galactic setting, the armor itself is the most common symbol of the culture. However that doesn't mean the person wearing it follows the path of the faithful.

7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah, Mando-Man. And even big continuity mistakes are nothing. It's AU. :D
    Except if it's bad writing. [face_whistling]

Wearing the armour shows what the person wants to do/be. It's not in and of itself a sign of how well he does it. You could probably showase even Boba here who (for the longest time and canon as I left it*) wore the armour but wasn't very Mando in any other respect.

*Like make that five years ago.

8. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    For the most part I agree, but you also have those special cases like Jodo Kast who stole the armor to impersonate Boba Fett. There are always going to be that 2% who have the armor just to add fear to their name, but have no desire/intention to actually become Mandalorian.

Revanfan1 and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  9. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Well, he wanted to be Fett. And that did or did not work out as planned. *snigger*
    Also, Boba wore the armour without being Mandalorian per se for a long time. In case that hasn't be retconned.
    But yea, you'll always have exceptions to everything.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Mando-Man

Dec 1, 2008
    Just finished my fic up, not sure if I ever posted a link for it here, but I'm sure you guys will find it just up your alley.

11. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Does Bardan Jusik have a canonical eye-colour and if so, why doesn't the Wook know? 8-}

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I would like to know too! :_|

:p

[​IMG]

13. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I always pictured green, personally.

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    If Bard'ika doesn't know, nobody does. :p :_|

Fanart seems to go more for blue, even my fave image of him.
    [​IMG]

Ah, frag. I'll go with green. Like that better. Especially the mottled green of forest-in-sunshine. [face_blush]

15. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I pictured green even as far back as Hard Contact (although I think I also flip-flopped with blue the first time I read it), but it was solidified when it said he got green Mando armor. It just...fits. :p

'Course it doesn't help that both of the canonical images of him do not depict his eye color (one's black and white, and one he's got his eyes closed) and they're both relatively ugly. [face_laugh]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    I never look at my own eyes! :p

Hey I like that one Lanna, pretty spiffy.

Check out the Fan Art/EUC Crossover event, for my new favorite fanart image of my namesake.

[​IMG]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    That's prettty, Bard'ika. Though not helpful where eye colour is concerned. Again. [face_thinking]
    Not sure why, but I always picture him younger. Probably because I never really got around to the post NJO (or something) where he's all grown up. [face_blush]

The second image looks like something earlybird-obiwan has drawn. But somehow everybody in that image is ugly, even Fi. :oops: Canon images tend to suck. I wonder why that is. Can't they afford decent artists? [face_waiting]

There's more pretty art of Bardan over at devART. It's where used to get my fix. Now I follow krad-eelav on tumblr. (And I love her.) [face_love]

Revanfan1 likes this.
  18. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    I agree, the only truly stellar canon artist IMO is Chris Trevas. The dude has done some amazing pieces. As for the image above, I think Besany looks fine and Obrim looks okay, but yeah, Fi and Bardan are ugly beyond reason in that image. :p

Edit: For those interested, I'm writing a fan fiction featuring Rex and some of the 501st Troopers from the TV show during ROTS, and I included the Shinarcan bridge scene from Order 66. A few "what-if" scenarios that have Rex and others there on the bridge at the time of the disaster. See http://boards.theforce.net/threads/finishing-the-mission-rex-jesse-kix-ocs.50019091/page-2#post-51470669]here[/url].

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do people think of the mandolorian paintings seen in tCW that are clearly inspired by or a directly homage to Pablo Picasso?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    I've been wondering about the bottom art, and what battle it's supposed to represent. Would be really cool if we could get some sort of explanation on it though. The first picture could presumably be of a more recent time, pre 730s BBY. I say this because on the left side of the painting we see Mandalorian ships that are very familiar to those used by Death Watch during the Clone Wars.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    You are right but it is possible that the battle it is depicting is was historical when it was painted and the painter did not care if it was fully historical accurate.

Or maybe it is showing TOR-era since nearly everything back then looked like they could be from the moives-era [face_sigh]

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I think they should have chosen Kandinsky as inspiration. :p Or Uecker - nails... [face_love]

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any practical reason for this? Or do you just like them

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Kandinsky is very abstract, you can't accidentally have continuity gaffes. I'd consider that convenient for a franchise that ahs enough of those. ;-)

And Uecker has done some amazing things with nails. My favourite being a spiral which looks crap on images. :(
    More.
    More.
    [face_dunno]

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What do you mean with "accidentally have continuity gaffes."

I can see a problem with it looking good on the screen

Going by this pic I would say grey-brown:p
    [​IMG]