main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we know what colour belonged to which rank?

2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Blue = Infantry
    Red = Rally Master
    Gold = Field Marshal
    Silver = Combat Veteran

Or something like that; I'm not 100% sure on the silver.

3. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007

This is correct. :)

Just submitted my September StarWars.com entry, which focuses on the origins and ideals of the 3 main Mandalorian factions (True Mandalorians, Death Watch, New Mandalorians).

Bardan_Jusik and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Rav
    Vhonte
    Shae
    Ranah
    Tes
    Tani
    Isabet

Those are the ones used that I'm aware of. Really there is no limit to Mando names, since Mandos can be any sentient species in the galaxy. :)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    True but the first thing after you take a child is to give it a new name to bind it to your culture and separate it from its old culture, the Iroquois know this so the mandos should also.

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Or perhaps the Mando's might go along something akin to the Divergence thread. Join up choose your own name ;)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do the mandalorian protectors have any other colour schemes beside the one we see Fenn Shysa, Tobbi Dala and Boba Fett use?

8. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007

Good question. First you'd have to nail down an actual color scheme for them, because there are 3-4 comic variations and then the action figure variation. From what I've seen in the costuming world, people usually just pick the version they like the most and do that.

Gamiel likes this.
  9. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Yes, but your question just asked for Mando names. It didn't really specify the need/use of the names desired. You don't have to be a child to join the Mandalorians, and while it wasn't uncommon to adopt war orphans...I doubt it was a regular event at every battle.

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I should have put a ":p" at the end to show that I was not fully serious.

I have already used many non-mandolorian names for what I'm writing so that is why I want mando names.

P.s. do you know about the book American Encounters: Natives and Newcomers from European Contact to Indian Removal, 1500-1850? It has among other interesting chapters one about how the Iroquois forcefully adopted people from their enemies.

11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    In modern time what planets make up mandolorian space?

12. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Define "modern" time.

[​IMG]

13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    movie time to YJK

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm not sure, I remember that there was five planets mentioned, such as Concord Dawn. But that a region was attributed to them, yet was never fully developed as to what worlds or exact number of star systems they had/patrolled.

Sent from a Kowankian Lizard Monkeys TARDIS.

15. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Gamiel likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I want suggestions for superstitions for mandolorians

Right now I can come up with:
    * Beskar items are good luck.
    * It is bad luck to carry lightsabres.
    * It is bad luck to carry lightsabres unless you killed the jedi it belonged to.
    * If you take trophies from somebody alive they can later track you down.
    * The wearer leaves a part of himself in his beskar'gam, this is mostly a good thing since the experience of former wearers trickle down into the current one but it also means that you take upon aspects of the former wearers which can be bad if they had different personalities or used different tactics then the current one.
    * A wo/man who is adopted into the mandolorians leave all her/his old obligations and fortunes (good as well as bad) behind, if s/he ever act upon her/his old life all those old obligations and fortunes will return, often with a greater force.
    * Carrying a lightsabre or lightsabre crytal prevent jedi from cursing you.

I am thankful for any suggestion :)

17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I am having a hard time with seeing most Mandos as a whole believing in luck or curses. Certainly certain individuals might, but not on a "cultural" level.

[​IMG]

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I can fully understand that and I am working with the idea that the Mando culture/society is not superstitious and rather highly material but all cultures are made up by people and many people are superstitious. I don't mean to have most of my characters believing those kind of things but just know abut them, just as we know about black cats, and the number 13.

Also I am using "good/bad luck" as a catch all term right now for positive/negative power/happening and in a world were there are pintsized green men who can decimate armies, starweirds who can enter your best defended ship, and different types of undead I can fully understand if you want to have some kind of protection.

So any suggestions?

19. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Very well done, anyone looking to get a primer on the various factions should give that a read.

[​IMG]

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    And I enjoyed it immensely! It was nice to have a resource with the timeline all together like that.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  22. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed with Bardan and Mitthy: well done, Sir!

23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the Taung and humans, what species have we seen among the mando's in larger quantities?

24. Mandalore The Uniter

Jul 17, 2007
    Thanks for the kind words. As long as you all enjoy them...I'll keep posting. :)

Not sure about "large quantities", but in the later Crusader era (at the start of the Mandalorian Wars) there are Zabrak, Twi'lek, and Sullustian (SP?) species seen in the "Flashpoint" KoTOR comic (I think #17 or 18). Oh, can't forget that Wookie Neo Crusader in there also. :p
    Mandallians and Togorians are also a couple more species who were part of the Mandalorian Protectors during the modern times.

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How many of those non-humans do we see more then two of?