main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I wonder what happened to the troopers of the ImpCom Special Unit. As far as I know it included the ARCs ImpComs and Assassins. What I don't get is where they ended up during the OT. According to Battlefront II, fresh ARCs were still being produced by 12 BBY, and I can't think why they would stop. Considering the renewability of the clones, and the cross-training present in ImpCom: 501st, it's safe to assume the Special Unit, or it's successor, survived into the OT. I just wish we saw them. Storm Commandos, Shadow Troopers, Terror Troopers or even Death Troopers might be their current form.

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    The Death Troopers do indeed seem a likely assignment for troops with such training.

Revanfan1 and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  3. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    And kind of a waste of such talent. Maybe not as much as poor Maze.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  4. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    Well the Terror Troopers aren't canon. So that's definitely not it. But the Storm Commandos in the new canon are a unit directly under the 501st, similar to the Imperial Special Commando unit. In my opinion I'd say that the Storm Commandos or Death Troopers are where troopers like the ARC's and Clone Commandos would go.

5. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Su cuy! Anyhow I was digging up some photos from last summer's Celebration Europe and had to share this. :p

[​IMG]

6. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012
    Is that from build a bear?

7. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Not sure, but Build a Bear has a Boba Fett bear, my son has one. :p

E. L.Knight likes this.
  8. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    Honestly no idea, but it seems to me like a Mando care bear. :p Homemade by the Mandalorian Mercs.

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Checl out the preview at the end of this Rebels Recon

Mandalorian Jedi? :eek:

Gamiel, Amon_Amarth and Sinrebirth like this.
  10. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

You don't know about the Mandalorian Knights?

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    [face_laugh] Nope, actually I didn't. I've never been a fan of comics or that particular time frame of the GFFA so I was ignorant of them. :p Learn something every day.

Sinrebirth and E. L.Knight like this.
  12. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Tor Viszla is also supposed to be the founder of Death Watch, as well.[/spolier]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    That I knew. :p Been studying the Death Watch portion at the back end of my Bounty Hunter's Guide of late for....reasons. ;)

E. L.Knight and Sinrebirth like this.
  14. Amon_Amarth

Jan 27, 2005
    A bit OP, but awesome.
    As I said when KOTOR: War came out, who can blame the Jedi for wanting to wear a cool armor. ;)

Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's so well written.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik and Amon_Amarth like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Tor, not Tar. Seems to be Tar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Finally
    with all the Legend's Jedi who went over to the war side it is nice to see a mando go to the peace keeper side

18. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Hmm, yeah, I can kinda hear it now that I listen to it again. Though that seems fairly odd that they would make two names so close together, unless they like the named and decided to use a variant of it because "Hey, we control canon now."

I also like how very medieval that story looked and sounded.

Bardan_Jusik and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Rau's accent can make him a bit hard to understand at times, especially with the difference between Tar and Tor. First time I heard it I thought he said Taa. :p Clearly they were inspired by the Tor name though. Looks to be an interesting story and another way to not only add to Mandalorian lore, but Jedi and Clan/House Vizsla as well.

20. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I like the Knights/Warrior vibe the new info gives. Might they try to mold them into a Knights of the Round Table sort of deal? Or the Knights Templar/Crusaders? Then later the various splits made them all divided, much like many warrior cultures.

I need to look into how many factions remained in canon. I know we have Death Watch, and the pacifists, but my info of canon is not very deep yet.

EDIT: Guess the name is......

Found on Wookieepedia:
    History

"The Mandalorians have endured wars since before the formation of the Republic."
    ―Fenn Rau[src]

[​IMG]
    A Mandalorian mural depicting the crusaders battling the Jedi

The ancient history of the planetMandalore was that of a warrior people[1] known for being feared mercenaries and bounty hunters who fought the Jedi and often won.[18] In ancient times, they undertook a crusade into the galaxy's Inner Rimstar systems, during which they notably devastated the planet Ubduria.[19]Ancient Mandalorians were known to be able to defeat even Jedi Knights.[20] Thousands of years before the Clone Wars, the Mandalorians were in conflict with the Jedi Order which ended in a cataclysm that laid the surface of Mandalore to waste.[21] During the fall of the Old Republic, members of House Vizsla snuck into the Jedi Temple and liberated a weapon known as the Darksaber, a unique lightsaber created by the first Mandalorian Jedi Knight Tar Vizsla.[16] The planet Concord Dawn, a Mandalorian colony, was ravaged by almost one hundred wars amongst the Mandalorian people.[22] Ancient Mandalorian crusaders would come to be depicted on murals in Sundari, the capital of the planet Mandalore,[23] as well as on Mandalore's moon, Concordia.[1]

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  21. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I am EXTREMELY sorry about this double post Bardan_Jusik, but I was doing research and just so happened to come across something that gave me an inkling of a theory that was too exciting to wait until someone else posts to bring up.

We've been talking about the...

Darksaber and Tar Viszla so I went in search of info on Tar and came across this:

According to legend, he created the Darksaber, a unique black-bladed lightsaber which would become the symbol of the Mand'alor—sole leader of the Mandalorian people.​

Could we see Boba Fett in rebels soon? And maybe even see him take up the Darksaber? Surely in the new canon they will eventually place Boba Fett as Mand'alor.

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I have a feeling they are actually going to distance the Fetts from normal Mandalorian tradition. :(

23. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    Ugh, that seems like a really dumb move. And that would be a huge disservice to Jango and Boba.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So far at least they seem to have kept Concord Dawn as Jango's homeworld. With Concord Dawn firmly established as a Mandalorian world combined with his wearing of the armor, it still seems to me he is a Mandalorian.

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And now for a double post of my own.... :p

Here is a longer cut of just the Mandalorian goodies from the clip I posted earlier.

Sinrebirth likes this.