main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    The galaxy is more than big enough for there to be plenty of conflicts, even in a relatively peaceful period.

E. L.Knight and Gamiel like this.
  2. E. L.Knight

E. L.Knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2012

Especially if you think about criminal activities on various worlds. I'm sure nearly every planet had some sort of criminal underworld at work, and that would be easy money for Mercs.

3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  4. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    A few years ago when my daughter was really into My Little Pony she would have loved that. :p Now I suspect it will get an eye roll when I show it to her.

PCCViking, Sinrebirth and Gamiel like this.
  5. Anakin.Skywalker

Anakin.Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2016
    *sees picture*

*recoils*

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A (in a way) follow up on this
    Mia Mesharad's longer review:

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    You know what I find interesting is that Mandalorians are not really mentioned at all except for one time in the post rebels period.

The only real mention they get is in Battlefront Twilight company. Where in that book it is stated that "deathwatch" survivors were looking for scores and such. I wonder if thats just because there afraid they'd contradict something in rebels or what?

8. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    So in the latest episode of Rebels (Legacy of Mandalore)...

Ezra mentions that Sabine told him Clan Wren was made up of True Mandalorians. Is this a recanonization of the True Mandalorian faction wiped out by the Jedi at Galidraan or did he mean true (with a small t) Mandalorian and that they held to the old warrior Mandalorian traditions without regard for the Legends group? I know Clan Wren was part of House Vizsla, which would make them being True Mandalorians problematic, but from what I can glean, the clan wars did see members of the same clan/House fighting one another on different sides so it's certainly possible. Of course it's also possible that Clan Wren only pledged themselves to House Vizsla after the defeat of the True Mandalorians as well. Thoughts?

E. L.Knight likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Mitth_Fisto and E. L.Knight like this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Cross posting this from the SWC Mando Fanclub...

Rebels season four trailer just dropped and no surprise it looks like we're in store for some pretty good Mandalorian moments.

Bo-Katan! :cool:

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Double post/cross posted from our vod fanclub in SWC.

Vode, I know it has been a long time coming, but I m excited to announce that I have finally launched our fanclub's official RPG. Several of you have asked me over the past few months to put something together for us to stretch our creative wings and give us something fun to play. I think what I've come up with will indeed entertain you. Anyone wishing to join in, Honor Points will be awarded for joining and playing in the game (five for submitting a Character Sheet that wins approval, additional Honor Points available for worthy posts in the game). Playing is not required for any member, though I would certainly encourage any who wish to do so to join in. Any questions, feel free to ask me either here or via PM.

12. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *pops in* Not a member, but wooo! Mando Game at last! :D

13. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You don't have to be a member to join the game. [face_batting]

:p

Darth_Elu likes this.
  14. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    It has been a long time since I have seen a Mando centric game. . . this makes old to remember it doesn't it? Shab.

Glad to see it up no matter how nuts I end up 8-}

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  15. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003

No, no I don't… [face_mischief]

16. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    I may be able to join the game, hopefully.

Bardan_Jusik and Darth_Elu like this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Work up a character sheet and PM it to me, we'd love to have you!

E. L.Knight likes this.
  18. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012

As you command Mandalore!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  20. E. L.Knight

Dec 4, 2012
    As summer comes in, I will be busier than I think I can handle. Summer is my Libraries biggest time of year. I don't think I will be able to participate in the game.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    :( Though I understand that DRL comes first and is the harshest of masters.

PCCViking likes this.
  22. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I'm a bit late to the party, and I don't feel like playing with quotes and formats but here goes;

1. There are no connections between the Clones and the Mandalorians in Star Wars: The Clone Wars. All connections made are from Rebels, in particular "The Protector of Concord Dawn" where it is established that the Protectors, who we now know were in fact the Royal Guards we saw, were brought in to train clones with Rau and Skull Squadron in particular training clone pilots. That's the only connection in the canon atm.

2. To a degree it makes sense that the Mandalorians WOULDN'T be the primary trainers of the Clones. While the Mandos are known for fighting Jedi, the way they fight the Jedi is both what makes it impressive and impractical for the clones. Where most groups use overwhelming numbers and firepower to take on Jedi, the Mandalorians are depicted to have fought them in more personal, solo-based combat in accordance with their laws and general codes of conduct. Their combat armor and special weapons are what allow them to potentially succeed in that pursuit, but that is a tactic that, while impressive when/if successful, is impractical and cannot be relied upon for Order 66 due to the lack of Mandalorian armor/weapons to clone troopers and 2. in Order 66, everything relies on the Jedi being taken down fast and hard and without mercy and the Jedi vary wildly in ability and power. It's simply more practical for clones on the whole to be trained to do this via the age old method of surprise and overwhelming numbers and firepower. The "Mandalorian" method of specialized weaponry and single combat *might* be useful to specialized clones (ARCs?) but it's just too impractical and too much to expect "regular" soldiers to be capable of. Not to mention that, in addition to Order 66 the clones *do* still have an actual war to fight regardless of background manipulations so it makes sense they'd receive more traditional training.

3. The Fetts are, as of right now, definitively not Mandalorian. This comes from Pablo Hidalgo of the LFL Storygroup. He *did* say Jango "claimed" to be from Concord Dawn, so it's entirely possible they may do a soft retcon there but the way the Fetts are portrayed and the way the Mandos are portrayed are very, very different from each other right now.

4. In "Legacy of Mandalore" Ezra was NOT referring to the "True Mandalorians" as a faction. The context makes it clear that he means "but Sabine said you guys are REAL Mandalorians". This is exactly why that faction name was always a poor choice.

5. In regards to that new RPG, what era/timeline is it set in? Like what year BBY/ABY?

Gamiel likes this.
  23. MandoA101

MandoA101 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 2, 2016

You are right, but this whole thread (excuse me if I'm wrong, Bardan) is based off of a legends series called Star Wars Republic Commando, where the Special Operations Brigade is trained almost entirely by Mandalorians. This is not all clones we are talking about- just commandos. Remember, this is legends. Even Bardan's name- Badan_Jusik, is a character in the book.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I wouldn't expect a response from him (though the points he raises can certainly be discussed), as his posting privileges were revoked (for an incident unrelated to this thread) some time ago.

25. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    If you've ever wondered what it would be like to take a personally guided tour of Mandalore, Lit's Galactic Travel Guide would now like to give you that chance.

Enter the Star Wars galaxy, and embark on a journey from Coruscant to the Outer Rim, as you take on the role of a tourist traveling to the planet Mandalore for the first time. Spend a few days on the Mandalorian homeworld, seeing the sights, sampling the food, and experiencing the day-to-day life of its citizens in cities like Keldabe, Sundari, and smalltown Enceri, with a knowledgeable local guide—and skilled bodyguard—at your side along the way.

E. L.Knight and Contessa like this.