main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    Oh if he unites all of the clans you mean. Seeing his methods of gathering them, the only way he couldnt have gathered them all is if he couldnt find them all. I think its a possibility he did manage to unite them, personally.

It is a possibility that he united them all, but the size of the galaxy makes that highly improbable, and near next to impossible.

I would also like to think he united all fo the clans, but like I said, it's almost impossible

Im not sure if i specified whether or not this thread will be spoiler proof but i think spoilers are necessary if were to make the flow of Mandalorian information easier.

So, spoilers are allowed.

You should ask Genghis to edit the title so that people know. ;)

Evil.

2. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    My point was a bit different. I'm not suggesting that he can't unite them all.

I'm suggesting there's some that aren't worth uniting. Aren't worthy of being a part of an ascendant Mandalorian culture again.

Unlike some who did what they did because it was their duty (Carth, Bastila, T3, Zaalbar)or because it was a neat diversion (Mission) - Canderous gave as much as anyone in the galaxy, and gave up his former life entirely for Revan and the Mandalorian cause.

His standards would be a bit high, I would think.

3. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    As happened in KOTOR2 when that mandalorian clan leader wanted to take on Mandalore, some just arn't worth bringing back. ;)

Evil.

4. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    How do i do that? PM him? I'd actually like the change the title to say "The Mandalorian Databank (Spoilers Allowed)"

5. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Nevertheless, i think Mandalore will be successful in restoring the Mandalorians and bringing them back probably beyond what they once were.

I cant explain how good a feeling it was when i went to that camp on Dxun. This'll sound weird to you, and i of course dont care, but seeing them train, being allowed to compete in unarmed combat with them and gain their honor and respect, made my eyes water.

In the civilized world we live in today as well as the civilized world of the Republic, the ideals and beliefs of the Mandalorians are just...mysterious to people. How could anyone define their life through combat? How could anyone devote themselves to violence and destruction? Some people you can explain this to and they'll understand vaguely at best, but most wont.

My answer is that no matter how civilized we become, violence will always be a factor in life. And as long as this can be understood and accepted you'll never become a victim. Am i implying that murder is a good thing? Of course not. Nor am i implying that needless violence is something thats needed. Im saying that if you can accept that understanding combat is an essential thing to life, you can understand what the Mandalorians are.

It has been violence thats built both dreaded emperors and great men alike. To develop the body in a physical way is in my opinion a way to develop the soul, martial arts teaches this. To study in the ways of combat will instill discipline, possibly the most important trait in life. Because through discipline lay all routes to understanding, understanding leads to success.

The Mandalorians devote themselves to combat. They do so in hopes to be faced with an experience that tests their strengths to the maximum so that if they should survive, they can become greater after meditating on their mistakes. The Mandalorians were not murderers. They fought for honor and there was no honor in fighting anyone or anything that was not in arms. War for them is sport.

6. mojorising

mojorising Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 9, 2005
    I think Mandalorians are related to Ewoks.

And then there's the little matter of the Jawas vs. the Tusken Raiders.

Ah! Civilization!

7. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    hey hey hey dont discrace the mandalorians by comparing them to those annoying little hairy "schuttas"(wutever that means..atton just uses it alot as a diss in kotor2)

8. MACE_7

MACE_7 Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2005
    This might sound like an obvious question to all you mandalorian fans, but, i was wondering if you think i should buy bounty hunter? But i want to know if its a good game, not if you like it because it has Jango fett in it.

9. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    Bounty Hunter is okay. I didnt care for it too much, but im just a tad biased, since i really dont like Jango

10. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Star Wars Bounty Hunter is actually a good game in my opinion. If i were you, i'd go to Gamefaqs.com and look up that game's review in its review section. Many other people agree that it is a good game, so dont just take my word for it.

What i personally liked about it is how it stuck by the unfinished business in Jango Fett: Open Seasons, utilized almost all of the known equipment on Mandalorian armor, and how you learn more about Jango Fett.

Robal, i'd like to know why you dont care too much for Jango. Im not pissed or anything, im just curious is all.

Jango Fett is actually my favorite Star Wars character (Mandalore was for a while).

What i loved about Jango Fett was how he made sure that he honored the legacy of the Mandalorians with the Clonetroopers, and how he honored the legacy of Jaster Mareel and the future of the new Mandalorians through his Clone son, Boba Fett (even though i truly believe theres a period in time in which Boba goes through denial of his heritage and his future).

Jango was a great combatenant despite what most people believe. He took down i think it was 3 Jedi without a weapon in Jango Fett Open Seasons and is of course known to have killed many many more. He had gotten the respect of the Mandalorians that Jaster had gotten, his soldiers would die for him without a second thought, and he loved them just the same.

In my opinion, he was one of the greatest Mandalorians ever.

11. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    When you say related, how so? Ewoks are honorable creatures though. They met Imperial Stormtroopers in combat just for the honor of their friends, the Rebellion. Anyone who judges a warrior by appearance is setting themself up for defeat, especially in the long run of things.

12. Son_of_Jango

Son_of_Jango Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2004
    very true..i just think that they really could have made ep 6 better if they improved endor

13. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    All of the movies could have been better. You just have to accept them for what they are now. What ifs do not factor in the present. A persons mind should always focus on the present and learn from the past to improve the present. Dreamers die. Dreamers that take action succeed.

Lol although i do believe the Stormtroopers could've been made to look like they knew what they were doing. I just find it hard to believe sometimes that the Clonetroopers are the predecessors to the Stormtroopers, but whats done is done i suppose.

14. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Here is the Traditional Mandalorian war chant as seen in Star Wars: Republic Commando Hard Contact

Bal kote, darasuum kote,
    Jorso'ran kando a tome.
    Sa kyr'am Nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

(And glory, eternal glory,
    We shall bear its weight together.
    Forged like the saber in the fires of death,
    Brothers all.)

-Traditional Mandalorian war chant

There ya go folks, for your enjoyment :)

15. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Boot up the Republic Commando game demo that's on the KOTOR II disc -- you'll be treated to some hardcore Mandalorian warchant right as you hit the title-screens.

Plus a plethora of other Mandalore goodness throughout.

16. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Mandalorian...
    "even though i truly believe theres a period in time in which Boba goes through denial of his heritage and his future"

But, he gets over it soon enough, and comes to grips with it rather early on, because he takes on Jaster's name for a while. You can't get a better honoring of one's roots than Boba literally living up to be Jaster's legacy by taking on the namesake.

17. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Directly inherited from his "father," no doubt -- Jango's veneration of Jaster is seen throughout his appearances -- his ship, the "Jaster's Legacy," along with other fillips from Open Seasons and elsewhere) -- which almost certainly got sledgehammered deep into Boba's tender young psyche from an early age.

18. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Thanks a lot Leto. My girlfriends checking it out right now for me as i let someone else borrow my KOTOR 2 :(

19. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Definitely. It's obvious that in the short time Boba was fathered by Jango, he completely idolized the man. And Jaster was likely one of the most important figures in Jango's life, if not most.

Which is why I think it's great that Boba decided to follow in Jaster's footsteps for a while. But, it's also good for him to give it up and become his own man. I think it was part of the healing process for Boba.

20. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Yea, i believe so. I was actually going to write a fan-fiction about how Boba Fett, during the Yuuzahn vong war or some time or another assumes the position of Mandalore to revive the mandalorians.

BTW Genghis, i wanted you to change it to "Mandalorian Information Exchange (Spoilers Allowed)"

21. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Well, they technically never went away. But, they were revived as an effective fighting force between ESB up to just after RotJ where the Mandalorian supercommandos as a group helped repel extragalactic invasions with the Alliance of Free Planets.

22. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Really? How'd you get that information man?

23. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    You really have to read Dark Horse Comics' Star Wars: A Long Time Ago trade paperback series. Specifically, Books 5 (Fool's Bounty), 6 (Wookiee World) and 7 (Far, Far Away).

They show the end of slavery of the Mandalorian people, the resurgence of the Mandalorian supercommandos and their battles alongside the Alliance of Free Planets. Great stuff, really.

When the Essential Guide to Characters says in Boba's entry: "Beyond Fett and Fenn Shysha..." those are the stories that reference comes from. When the New Essential Guide to Characters added a bit more substance to that reference with "Boba Fett wasn't the only one operating with a suit of Mandalorian armor. Fenn Shysha and Tobbi Dala, supercommandos from Mandalore, patrolled their planet's space and seldom interferred with Fett's hunts..." those are the events it refers to.

24. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Well, guess im gonna HAVE to check it out then. Good looking out man :).

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    I saw the essential guide to characters and i never picked it up...blast.

Thanks for enlightening me , i had never known who Tobbi Dala or Fenn Shysha was until i came here, thanks A LOT guys and gals.