Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, i've just played the Republic Commando demo for the 10th time on hard and i'm still not bored of it yet. That is a fun game i have to admit. I think it'll be one of the top 3 Console FPS next to Riddick and Halo 2.

Anyway, has anyone gotten a chance to read Jango Fett: Open Seasons? If you have, please give me your opinions on it.
  2. Evil_King_Wiggins Force Ghost

star 6
  3. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought it was good too. Open Seasons and Hard Contact are by far my favorite Star Wars EU stories. Shadows of the Empire was also good...LOVE Dash Rendar. Man i can still remember seeing Boba Fett in the SOTE n64 game. He looks both ways then just rockets into the sky and you start fighting him.

So, does anyone have any information they can recall on Fenn Shysha or Tobbi Dala? It'll be a while before i can pick up those Dark Horse comics.

I'd like to see some more information on Jaster Mareel. I think a comic series about him would be a nice thing to see. I know hes supposedly a murderer so im sure theres some interesting backstory there with him.
  4. Son_of_Jango Jedi Knight

star 3
    open seasons was great! they need to make new comics of boba fett..

ya i have the essential guide to characters though it does not go fully in depth of every character(boba fett for example)because it was created awhile back and hasnt been updated

anyone else get star wars empire #28 with boba fett on the cover?
  5. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Fenn Shysha, Tobbi Dala and Boba Fett were all part of the same unit of Mandalorian supercommandos which had 212 members. This unit was charged with the ultimate defense of Mandalore. However, when Palpatine made his move for power during the Clone Wars, the Government of Mandlore sent them into the Clone Wars on the side of Palpatine. Of those 212 who went into battle, only three survived - Boba, Fenn, and Tobbi. Their homeworld was overrun by slavers and became a conscription center for keeping Palpatine's war machine running.

As a result of the carnage wrought, Boba became very much disenchanted over fighting for other people.

Fenn and Tobbi chose as Mandalorian supercommandos to remain on Mandalore and fight an underground war to free the Mandalorians.

After Empire Strikes Back, this finally happened. Tobbi Dala ended up giving his life to destroy the Imperial leadership running the slavery operations and Mandalore was finally freed. Fenn rebuilt the Mandalorian supercommandos, and they ended up siding with the Alliance of Free Planets in combatting the Nagai and Tof threats.

The threats of slavers has been ongoing since the operation was destroyed, but with Fenn Shysha leading the supercommandos, the Mandalorians as a post-OT fighting force were definitely solidified.
  6. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, i think thats inconsistant now, unfortunately. During the Clone Wars Boba Fett was training to be a Bounty Hunter and was actually working for Jabba the Hutt around this time.

The Clone Wars information that includes Mandalorians was changed to the AOTC mold and George's direction for Fett and the Clones so thats whats continuity. So im afraid the information is inconsistant. Unless of course you follow your own sort of path where you yourself decipher whats continuity, i respect that all in all.
  7. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    No, there's no inconsistency.
  8. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. Whys that? Like i said, i dont mind being wrong, thats not the case with me at all. I want to learn Genghis. Now im not saying the Dark Horse comics are inconsistant all together, but the book Fight for Survival, the book that tells of Boba Fett's travels after hsi father's death is part of continuity and is included in the Clone Wars EU Timeline. That conflicts with Boba Fett being a Bounty Hunter or part of the Commandos as you said.

Again, i just want to know why.
  9. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    http://bobafett.com/manual/faq/index.shtml

What happened in Boba Fett's early life?

Boba Fett was once Jaster Mereel, a Journeyman Protector on the planet Concord Dawn. He was convicted of killing another Jounrneyman, even though the other protector was corrupt, and exiled from the planet. After that he joined the Imperials and became a stormtrooper (according to Tales of the Bounty Hunters). Very little is known of what transpired between then and when he went into business for himself as Boba Fett.

[ EDITOR'S NOTE: According to Steve Sansweet, spokesman at Lucasfilm for Episode 2, everything we thought we knew about Boba Fett's past is not true. ]
  10. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    Boba Fett was once Jaster Mereel, a Journeyman Protector on the planet Concord Dawn. He was convicted of killing another Jounrneyman, even though the other protector was corrupt, and exiled from the planet. After that he joined the Imperials and became a stormtrooper (according to Tales of the Bounty Hunters). Very little is known of what transpired between then and when he went into business for himself as Boba Fett.

I always thought the Stormtrooper story was some crap that the Dark Side Adepts were trying to use against Boba; they thought they knew the truth, but it was another false lead.

The Journeyman Protector thing, I thought, was real, until the whole AOTC thing. Thanks, Lucas.

It is believed by some Boba Fett fans (who wish to preserve continuity) that Boba Fett was indeed a Journeyman Protector on Concord Dawn... but he was using Jaster Mereel as an alias. They believe that he's still a clone of Jango, that he took on Journeyman Protector as a new job... failed, and became a bounty hunter.

Not sure what I think, personally...
  11. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah ok. See i follow whats posted on the Star Wars Databank. Thats sorta where i am with the EU.

Though i find it hard to believe Boba Fett, with the discipline his father instilled in him, could fail at anything :p.

Im all about continuity, its my favorite part of being a star wars fan, but its just that I cant personally accept anything as continuity if LucasBooks doesnt approve of it.
  12. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    oh, we've been over continuity via PMs before ;)

Though i find it hard to believe Boba Fett, with the discipline his father instilled in him, could fail at anything

I'd say he failed because he had too much discipline; Jango taught him that when he does a job, he does it right. So Boba took that to heart, and killed a fellow Journeyman Protector because of something the other guy did wrong.
  13. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    ah ok then. I sorta see Boba and Jango like i see Miyamoto Musashi. Miyamoto, a samurai. saw a "way" to all things by devoting himself to combat. He was such a great swordsman that he felt he was invincible and used his wooden sword as opposed to his metal sword. Miyamoto indulged in various professions and applied the discipline he had learned through combat to things like painting and sculpting i think.

This is how i see the Mandalorians. Like the samurai.
  14. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    So, does anyone know how to get influence with Mandalore in KOTOR 2? I played the game as entirely light-sided and neither HK-47 nor Mandalore could stand me. Am i supposed to be dark?
  15. Son_of_Jango Jedi Knight

star 3
    most likely..after all they are dark sided characters
  16. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well i dunno because i did hear that if you do recklessly dark things Mandalore will disapprove. It seems the Prima Guide i bought was only good for one thing...the poster :p. It doesnt tell me where i can get his influence.

BTW SOJ, I love your icon. Greivous i believe will be one of my favorite characters when Episode 3 comes out. I loved him in Chapter 20 of the Clone Wars cartoon.
  17. Genghis12 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Mandalorian...
    "Very little is known of what transpired between then and when he went into business for himself as Boba Fett."

That's it exactly. The Journeyman Protector deal is way beyond all of this Clone Wars deal. The Marvel Comics' stories of Boba's life do occur within the Clone Wars, but the young adult Clone Wars books don't cover the entire time period in detail.

There's nothing inconsistent about anything about Boba's past thus far.

Before, we knew that Boba Fett was a Journeyman Protector named Jaster Mereel for a while.

Now, as of Open Season we know why Boba Fett would use that particular name. To honor his adopted grandfather, and the man who essentially made Jango the person he became, and therefore also made Boba the person he became.
  18. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    I see what you're saying Genghis, but the Young Boba Fett series says that Boba Fett spends this period of time aspiring to be a successful bounty hunter.
  19. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh ok i read that wrong...
  20. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    If get the chance, make sure you drop into the Literature boards and check out the Mandalorian Insider #80, Yo Joe! thread for some excellent Mandalorian information and artwork.
  21. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Genghis: Not the entire story of the 212 is like Fenn told it. Boba Fett was not apart of the group, but a Arc trooper who was not reconditioned fled Kamino and was obsessed with rebuilding the Mandalorians. He went to Mandalore and built a group of 212; out of local Police units and Death Watch. Spar was given the RANK Mandalore and helped the Mandalore Government get control of the MandalMoters facilities for the Confeds. The Mandalorians would fight in many other battles, like on Kamino and New Boralex. They failed in one battle to capture Padem for Sid on Norval 2(which I think is the 65 mention). Interesting enough, Boba Fett is still credited with becoming a Journeyman Protector.

But everything remains the same continuity wise. Only 3 survived, Spar, Fenn and Tobi. Spar's fate is unknown, but Fenn and Tobi did return to Mandalore. They still found it under control of Slavers and Imperials. Suprema is was an Imperial Advisor.

After Tobi's Death, Fenn would become the Mandalore Warlord. We even find out a few more battles Fenn and the Mando's were apart of, post ROTJ. They helped bring down a Grand Admiral, and gave the final blow to LordShadowSpawn forces.

Fenn served as Mandalore fore 20 years, and was killed on the planet of Shogun. Boba Fett was hired to kill him, but in the end Shysa saved Fett from some unknown means, dieing in the process. Fett honored Shysa and became Mandalore. Also, don't think for a second that Fett only had 6 Mandalorians as some of the sources say. Fenn left Fett a great Army, and fleet. The Mandalorian Army freed those 3 planets in TUF.

Go check out the thread on the Lit forums for more info.
  22. Son_of_Jango Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmm not much to say but...thanks i love my icon too ep 20 of clone wars was by far the best...i think grievous may surpass maul in coolenss and on my list of favorites..if hes cool nuff he may be number 3 and drop maul to 4..

anyways..in my opinion the whole journeyman protector thing of fetts wasnt really true..perhaps just a coverup and lie..because ever since ep 2 anyone who has ever posted a bio on him hasnt mentioned it..it was only mentioned in books and such before ep 2 came out cuz nobody knew his past...
  23. Robal_Krahl Force Ghost

star 5
    because ever since ep 2 anyone who has ever posted a bio on him hasnt mentioned it

usually, people who post Boba Fett's bio dont know the entire story. Especially if it's just a fansite.
  24. DarthMane2 Force Ghost

star 4
    "hmm not much to say but...thanks i love my icon too ep 20 of clone wars was by far the best...i think grievous may surpass maul in coolenss and on my list of favorites..if hes cool nuff he may be number 3 and drop maul to 4..

anyways..in my opinion the whole journeyman protector thing of fetts wasnt really true..perhaps just a coverup and lie..because ever since ep 2 anyone who has ever posted a bio on him hasnt mentioned it..it was only mentioned in books and such before ep 2 came out cuz nobody knew his past... "

It is true. The point of the Article is to make a clear history for the Mandalorians. So that from now on, anyone else who post a bio will get it right.

Oh and Genghis, the reason Fenn thought Mandalore was because he had assumed he was. Fenn never knew Spar's name, and had heard rumors that Jango Fett's son was Mandalore. So when Boba Fetts Exploits started to become well known, Fenn assumed that Mandalore and Fett were one in the same.

Oh and Genghis the 212 devastated the Kamino Facility.
  25. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Master

star 4
    Well now that Insider #80 is out, i think this'll pave way for some Mandalorian games and other media etc. Maybe the Battlefront sequel will have a Mandalorian campaign, but i dont wanna dwell on what ifs.
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth