Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth
  1. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    <<This is what is to become of the Mandalorians. They will become the Galaxies defenders. Mandalorians have been the bad guys for way to long. If the Empire were to go bad again most would agree that it would be a dumb idea, because their is really no place to go in story line ideas. No, I think the Mandalorians will remain the good guys. Helping the GFFA against their enemies in future stories.

" the mercs and the protectors form up to push the Vong out of the system. "

Boba Fett didn't start a new Mandalorian merc group, Mandalorian. Boba Fett rejoined the protectors after Fenn's death. He now leads these Mandalorians, and like I said above they were only merc for a while. Even then it was under a condition.>>

That really doesnt sound like a bad idea. I hope you're right Mane. Wherever Fett were to take the Mandalorians i'd no doubt be on their side, but i like the idea of the Mandalorians being galaxy protectors.
  2. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    If you guys want, I can type it up. It may be a while.

darth_nemisis
  3. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
  4. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    The info in the Star Wars Insider. It is called Mandalorian 101.

darth_nemisis
  5. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Oh you're going to type that up? Hey i sure dont mind. It'd be a great addition to our thread man, i say go for it. Im just wondering if thats legal or not.

If its not illegal, i say go for it man! and thanks!
  6. DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    "That really doesnt sound like a bad idea. I hope you're right Mane. Wherever Fett were to take the Mandalorians i'd no doubt be on their side, but i like the idea of the Mandalorians being galaxy protectors."

Of course I'm right, it's all in the article.
  7. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, there are certainly more Mandalorian stories to come in the future and from things Abel has said, they'll be promising.

What would you like to learn about?

I personally would like to know more about that Combat Trainer to which the Mandalorian skull is in reverance to.
  8. DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd like to see more stories about Fenn Shysa

9. darth_nemisis Jedi Master

star 6
    If I site where I got it from, it should be ok. I will check with the mods.

And it may not be done for a long time, because it will take a while.

darth_nemisis
  10. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    that Mandalorian skull is really a bantha skull... Although I would like to learn the story behind it. Why is it used at all?

i had a magazine that had alot of information about Boba Fett and the Mandalorians... but i can't find the blasted thing!
  11. DarthMane2 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Bantha Skull theory has been erased, said only to be a false rumor.

The Mandalorian Symbol is really the skull of a Mythosaur. A huge beast that once inhabited Mandalore, before Mandalore the first destroyed them all.
  12. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    <<The Mandalorian Symbol is really the skull of a Mythosaur. A huge beast that once inhabited Mandalore, before Mandalore the first destroyed them all.>>

This is what the article says:

The traditional Mandalorian crest, frequently mistaken for a Bantha Skull, bears a striking resemblance to the skull of a male mythosaur. But in truth, the symbol was actually adopted in reverence to a legendary Mandalorian combat-training master.

My answer: Its purpose is not to reflect on the skull and the mythosaur's history, but on the skulls relation to the past combat-training master.
  13. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Fenn Shysha, i'd sure like to know more about him. I wanna know where i can find information on Feskitt Bob and Alfreda Goot. But i imagine that more information on Spar is to come.

14. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    The traditional Mandalorian crest, frequently mistaken for a Bantha Skull, bears a striking resemblance to the skull of a male mythosaur. But in truth, the symbol was actually adopted in reverence to a legendary Mandalorian combat-training master.

I am sorely behind on the times, then... the magazine I had, dedicated to Boba Fett and his past, had stated it was a Bantha Skull. Let me guess; Star Wars Insider cleared alot of that up?
  15. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    sure did, bro.

Its a great article too, included things from not only EU but even merchandise.
  16. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I've tried out the Republic Commando demo for PC and i have to say, the AI wasnt as smart as it was in the XBOX demo. I overall prefer the XBOX though...mainly for the controls and the fact that the XBOX wont lag as much as my computer will.

17. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    Its a great article too, included things from not only EU but even merchandise.

what issue of SWI was it, and where can i obtain a copy of the article?
  18. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'd imagine your local newsstand would have it. If not, Darth Nemesis says he will type out the entire article so i wouldnt worry abotu it if i were you. :)
  19. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Do any of you fellows own a suit of custom Mandalorian armor? If so can you post some pics?

OR

Do any of you fellows plan on making a custom suit? If so explain what your ideal custom suit would look like.
  20. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    I myself have plans to eventually make one, but lack of funds is hindering the development.
  21. Zedd-Vega Jedi Master

star 5
    Greetings fellow Mandalorians (If any are in here)
  22. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    hello, Zedd :)

I am actually planning to make some Mandalorian armor for myself. I am thinking of a cross-draw holster, similar to that of Doc Holliday in the movie Tombstone. I have 12 different color schemes that I can use, as well.
    I found a nice place to get ideas on custom armor designs, as well. Im a member, myself, but I have no pictures up....

mandalorianwarriors.com

excellent place to gain ideas, though if you want actual help in creating your armor, the best place to go would be The Dented Helmet
    Excellent place to gain information and such. It even has a place where you can buy items and such from users. :)
  23. SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London

star 8
    Thank you Robal, that may prove most helpful

And greetings to you Zedd

* bows *

24. The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan

star 4
    When i move into my new house and after i've got a job, im gonna work on my own personal Mandalorian armor.

I like the fact that more and more people are now working on custom Mandalorian armor as opposed to just Fett armor. I think Bartlett took the title on that so we should probably all move on lol :p

The first thing i want to make is the mask of Mandalore.
  25. Robal_Krahl Jedi Master

star 5
    i would be happy with just a regular helmet :p

which has proven difficult to come buy in the real world :(
Moderators: Bardan_Jusik, Sinrebirth