main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    I mean this mask: http://www.joecorroney.com/cgi-local/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Star_Wars/Star_Wars_Insider_Art&image=80Mandalore.jpg&img=24&tt=img

2. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    oh, i know the mask is different than a regular T-visor helmet... but I'd still like a helmet. The reason being, I don't particularly care for being the head honcho :p

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    A standard T shape helmet is not that hard to aquire.
    many palces sell Boba and/or Jango full size helmets.
    The Boba one can certainly be worn with custom Armour and most people wouldn't know the difference.

I've always found the main problem to be the armour plating itself.
    Any Boba or Jango suit I've ever seen has crappy silver squidgy plates, not metal or hard plastic. As a result it doesn't look that convinving.

The helmet and weapons are easy enough to get IMO, its just aquiring hard armour plating.

4. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    I agree rich, there are few armors out there that i've seen a decent plate job on.

Then there are some exceptions...

5. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    I just can't find a Jango or Boba helmet in real life... online shopping is not really an option for me, as I have no credit card or checking account. Also, I am pretty paranoid when it comes to buying things online, and have only done so once in my life.
    My second problem is cash. I am increasingly low on funds, as all the money in my savings account (which really isnt even that much) is going towards my car, which has been out of commision for nearly a year...

But the armor, I can do. All I need is to acquire the material called Sintra, and shape it to my body. Since I'm an Art Major, I can paint and blend the colors in a way that makes it look like it has weight.
    Again, the problem is my lack of money...

I painted a plastic toy gun for a smuggler costume that I was planning to do:

before:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/TheCosmicCastaway/blaster.jpg]

after:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/TheCosmicCastaway/repaintedblaster.jpg]

my webcam doesnt project the greatest quality, and I apologize for that :)

6. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    We'll I'm not sure if you have any Sci-fi or cult shops near you.
    But In London there is a large forbidden Planet Megastore that does Jango, Vader & Stormtrooper helmets.

Tailsfan44 likes this.
  7. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    That sounds pretty awesome, man. I wish we had some sort of costume shop...alas...

Tailsfan44 likes this.
  8. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    I wish we did have shops like that... alas, West Covina doesnt even have a comic book shop, let alone a Sci Fi one. I've seen helmets at Longs Drug Store and such, but never a Boba Fett :(

9. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've seen crome-plated WESTAR blasters for £300, which is a bit out of my budget.

I'd like to know how to get Boba style rifles

10. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    I was thinking about making a Fan Film with a Mandalorian in it, but I didn't want to spend a lot on armor, so I wanted to know if there were any good sites that do custom armor and are fairly cheap.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I've struggled to find any that are decent

12. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    ive got an idea for a Mandal suit so i've been building my body through weightlifting so that i can fill the suit properly.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And what idea is that?

14. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Actually Jango Fett was a Mandalorian, he was saved by them as a child and taken in by their leader. So he was tchnically the last Mandalorian.

The Mandalorians lived as mercenaries for hire until they were finally destroyed by the Jedi years before Episode I.

15. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    And what idea might that be?

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    technically the last Mandalorian.
    The Mandalorains will never fully die
    There are always a few scaterred around.

After all, how would Boba Fett have been able to find a Mandalorian army to combat the Vong if there were none left to find?

17. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    The Mandalorians lived as mercenaries for hire until they were finally destroyed by the Jedi years before Episode I.

Actually, there's a whole planet of them that remain. I don't know the name of the planet, or its history... the best person to ask would be Genghis, as he was the one who told me about it

18. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    That planet would be Mandalore I assume

19. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Mandalore is still around, and so is planet Ordo.

For Richie:

Im going for the way Montross wore his suit of Mandalorian armor where they were sleeveless and his biceps filled each short sleeve.

http://www.geocities.com/boba_fett_fansite/Montross.JPG

My arms are almost where i want them to be, so now i have to start thinking of when and where to purchase my materials for the suit.

No offense to any Fett costume makers, but the majority of the ones ive seen wearing their custom Mandal armor dont fill the suit up properly and it ends up looking baggy and dorkish :p

20. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Technically Jango was the last of the supercommandos. There was also Silas.

When it comes to Mandalorians, there were still quite a few as Mandalorian 101 points out.

21. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    Technically Jango was the last of the supercommandos.

No, Jango was not the last. Not even technically. There were more than him. He was just the last of that particular squad, but not the Mandalorian super commandos. The Mandalorians were the ones who designed the Imperial dungeon ships during the Jedi Purge, and I very much doubt Jango could do that all by himself. There were even supercommandos that aided the Empire in the Jedi Purge.
    Besides, you're forgetting about Dala and Shysha... not to mention Boba Fett, who greatly surpassed his father in skill and intelligence (a carbon copy, yes... but what he had gone through in his life made him a completely different person).
    Boba Fett even created his own army of supercommandos, as seen in The Unifying Force.

22. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    n-n-no Robal, i meant after Galidraan he and Silas were the last of the Mandalorians to follow Jaster Mereel's supercommando codex until of course Shysha with the Protectors and then Jango's son in the future.

23. Robal_Krahl

Dec 23, 2003
    aah, i see what you mean. When you said the supercommandos, i took it as THE supercommandos... as in all of them. My mistake :)

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Alas, the great Mandalorians of the KOTOR era are no more

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Im looking forward to Boba's era of Mandalorians.