main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Oya manda!: The Mandalorian/Republic Commando Fan Club

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by The_Mandalorian_, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    definately. Boba is arguably the most dangerous person in the Galaxy... if he trains people to the best of his ability, the new Mandalorians will be a force to be reckoned with. Maybe a new round against Luke's Jedi is called for [face_mischief]

2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Indeed :cool:

Speaking of ressurecting Mandalorains, maybe we should recall the old Mandalorian thread and create a FFMandalore.

Then we could invade the Vong thread and hassle them for losing :p

3. The_Mandalorian_

The_Mandalorian_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2004
    As Darth Mane pointed out to me, this new era of Mandalorians will be protectorish...and personally i prefer it that way.

4. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Have any of you read 'The Unifying Force' by James Luceno??? It's the last novel in the New Jedi Order series, and in it Boba Fett and a group of Mandalorians wipe the floor with the Yuzhann Vong! By far the coolest moment in that whole wretched series.
    I guess Fett took time off of his bounty hunting career and put his hard earned credits to work reviving the Mandalorians.

5. BootlegVader

BootlegVader Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    "I guess Fett took time off of his bounty hunting career and put his hard earned credits to work reviving the Mandalorians. "
    No he just became the Mandolore of Fenn Shysa's Mandalorians after Fenn died.

6. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    how did Fenn die?

7. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    He died saving Fett's butt in mysterious circumstances.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Does Fett's butt need saving?

9. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    apparently it did :p

So fellas, who is your favorite Mandalorian and why?

Mine is Jango because hes a great soldier in every way.

10. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    I guess I am member if I am not I am joining now.

Mine is Fenn Shysa as he revived the Mandalorians, and rebuilt them after the Civil War. Also who can dislike a Irish Mandalorian.

11. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll get back to you on this, its a tough decision

12. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Hey you're welcome here anytime BVader. This is only an information exchange though. I tried to make an actual club for Mandalorians but that all went to hell...

Anyway though, like i said, you're welcome to hang here and be a regular bro. I wish i knew more about Fenn Shysha but it seems theonly place i can get info on him is the Marvel comics. I all ready know enough about him through the 101 Article so *shrug*

13. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I tried to make an actual club for Mandalorians but that all went to hell...
    Alas, it was not to be :_|

Its not that easy to get info on Mandalorians.
    The Jango Fett Open Seasons provided a bit, and MARVEL comics a bit more.

I wonder if they'll ever publish a book or something with the complete Mandalorian history & key people

14. BootlegVader

Aug 3, 2004
    "I wonder if they'll ever publish a book or something with the complete Mandalorian history & key people "
    Check out SW Insider 80# as they do just that.

15. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    <<Alas, it was not to be>>

I had a nice thing planned out for it too, yet a mod didnt understand what it was i was trying to do and assumed this information exchange and the actual club i wanted to create were one in the same...for some odd reason.

Just say Rocky 4 today man...i gotta say that movie had sheer heart man. It seemed rushed which is a sad thing...im so tired of great work being hindered by time constraints, take every damned Star Wars game for example. Lucasarts never fails with concepts because they are simply mind blowing, but then the final product comes out half done...its depressing.

16. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Check out SW Insider 80# as they do just that
    Its very difficult to get Insider in the UK, but I'll look into it.

17. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Fenn is my favorite of the Mandalore's. They should call him, "Mandalore the Savior," because he did more for the Mandalorian in 20 years than any in the past. Rebuilt the army, took back the sector, freed Mandalore, rebuilt Mandalore. Truely a king at work.

Anyway, with Republic Commando out, they should make another game about the 212. You play as Fenn Shysa, with Tobbi Dala as apart of your group, with two new guys, and from time to time Mandalore will be apart of the group.

Planets will be: Mandalore,New Bornalex, Kamino, Norval II.

And the game starts from the attack on the MandelMotors to the final battle at Norval.

A very easy way to tell the full story of the Mandalorian during the Clone War I'd say.

18. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Thats a great idea! I respect Fenn, but Jaster and Jango have always been my favorite.

19. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    Hmmm, does RC imply that other Mandalorian Supercommando's trained the Clones?

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I wondered that to
    Though maybe they meant Jango

21. DarthMane2

Sep 20, 2003
    I don't know, this Walon Vaul(or is it Valon) guy comes comes off as a Supercommando trainer.

perhaps he's Mandalorian also

22. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Could be
    It wouldn't surprise me if Jango had got one of his old comrades to help train the elites specially.

And then he wouldn't have to do it :p

23. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    That does make sense... As i played through RC, i couldnt help but recognize Walon Vau's dialogue as something purely Mandalorian. He said something like "and i trained the greatest soldiers thsi side of the Mandalorian Supercommandos." It may sound obvious but im so nit picky on specific information that i dont know what to take his words for.

24. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    Well, if you want the best soldiers, train them like the best soldiers were trained.

25. The_Mandalorian_

Dec 24, 2004
    Yea. Im practicing soem more in RepCom so if i get the chance i'll record everything Mandalorian he says.