main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Amph Oz the Bland and Blunderfull

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jabbadabbado, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    That's just his natural state.

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Lucasfilm Ltd Mod star 9 Staff Member Administrator

May 25, 2002
    Reviews were a bit mixed in the Sunday papers I read here. Most gave it 2-3 stars out of 5. However most agreed that the last 20 minutes or so was pretty good. and a couple mentioned that the 3D doesn't really work well with the B&W beginning.

3. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    this movie SUGGED. i will NEVER see it.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    It was okay. I'm glad I saw it, but I don't need to see it again. I don't know why I feel so eh about it. I thought Mila Kunis and Rachel Weisz were both pretty good, and Franco was, too. Glinda was actually a little boring, and in the scene with the "army" she had gathered, I realized I'd been sitting there for a while and wondered how much time was left.

5. LandoThe CapeCalrissian

LandoThe CapeCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2012
    the special effects I saw in the commercials look pretty lame considering its 2013 and the original LOTR movies had better effects back in 2013...

6. SWpants

SWpants Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    I enjoyed it. To me, it didn't feel like it was two hours long. Some of the plot was "eh" but overall I found it fun to watch.

I do wonder though if the writers meant to be a bit 'punny' by saying Edison was a great guy. Talk about an amazing con artist and a guy who steals ideas. Yeesh

7. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    This movie didn't flop like JC of M, but $400 million on a $200 million budget is nothing to brag about. They haven't recouped their marketing costs yet, though they will likely break even over the long haul.