1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    IC: Tonn Denroth
    The Great Munchkin Fields to the Blue Forest

    When Jezeel finally decided to reply, Tonn had to strain to hear her above the steady howling of the wind in his ears. It took some effort, but eventually her voice came in crystal clear. "I was a florist in Emerald City!" she yelled as they rode along. "I was there when the Vinkian Emperor invaded! They had a brutal offense, and they killed a great many people I knew! I fight for them, and for Princess Ozma, our rightful queen! She has suffered the most out of all of us!"

    Tonn tucked his head to his chest and frowned, his hair flopping about precariously in the wind. He had always imagined the Rebellion to be the type of folks to only be out to cause trouble and here was this woman - this warrior - who had a legitimate reason to fight and to continuously lay down her life for others. Did they all feel the same or have similar stories to Jezeel? If so, he suddenly found a whole new respect for these people and their cause.

    "So," he sighed, picking his head up and blinking back into the wind. "It's sort of like revenge then." He inhaled deeply through his nose as his tone grew softer. "I can relate to that."

    They rode onward, Tonn growing silent for the remainder of the journey until the entire group came to a halt at the edge of a dark forest. The moon was slipping into the western horizon by this point and the faint light of the early dawn wasn't helping matters at all. If anything, it made the forest appear even more intimidating and Tonn gulped as a result. "We're going in there?" he uttered into Jezeel's ear, gesturing at the path that led into the wood.

    Not waiting for a response, his eyes started to frantically scope out the area for an alternative route - anything to avoid venturing into that dark void. That's when he spotted the twisted trail leading out and around the forest and winding its way up a distant hill. At the crest stood a house, silhouetted against the light of the coming dawn.

    "There," he announced, pointing this time to the newly discovered path. "What about that? It might be longer, but probably a lot safer."

    He dismounted the horse and noticed that one of the Starfallen had also expressed an interest in heading that way as well. This might work out to his advantage - it was always better to travel in pairs. "I'm gonna chance it," he relayed to the others before nodding curtly to the Starfallen who had expressed interest. "You coming? We can meet up with the others there." He paused, his eyes roaming over the rest of the group. "And that goes for anyone else as well."

    TAG: I_H, Dubya_Scott, Starfallen
  2. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    Imperial_Hammer Approved

    Name: Avani Kirsh
    Age: 23
    Gender: Female

    Species: Animal (Snow leopard)
    Hometown: Born and raised in the Vinkus, near Kaimo Ko.
    Allegiance: Quadling Rebellion
    Profession: Guard at the Ruby Palace.

    Hair Color / Style: White-grey fur with black marks. Bushy tail.
    Eye Color: Gold
    Clothing: Dark blue tunic with long, loose sleeves, and black leggings.
    Other Points of Appearance: Though she is capable of walking upright as a human does, Avani prefers to walk on all fours, as a wild leopard would. It feels more natural to her, and she can move faster that way. She is small for an Animal, and could be mistaken for wild, as she is not much larger than a normal leopard.
    Biography: Avani grew up in the mountains of the Vinkus, with very little exposure to humans. Her parents, jaded by the anti-Animal attitude of some Ozians, were content to stay there, but Avani wanted to see more of the lands beyond her home. When she reached adulthood, she left her childhood home and spent the next few years wandering throughout Oz.

    Upon first hearing of the rise of Oz the Magnificent and the Quadling Rebellion, Avani did not fully understand, but the more she heard of it, the more she sympathized with Ozma?s plight, feeling that Oz had no true right to the throne. Journeying south to the Ruby Lands, she offered her loyalty and whatever services she could provide to Ozma and Glinda. For now, she works as a guard at the Palace?usually at night, as she can see better in the dark than humans can?and when not on duty, is usually found prowling around the Palace grounds.

    Still somewhat new to the Rebellion, Avani has yet to make any close friends amongst her comrades, and is not certain of their opinion towards her. She is friendly with others, even playful on rare occasions, but usually tends to be on the quiet side, and is often unsure of herself. She is, however, fiercely loyal to Ozma and Glinda, and is eager to prove herself to them.


  3. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Apologies my loyal players! I've been shanghaied by Lightsaber Tournaments and Summer School Midterms. If not tomorrow than an update for sure by Friday, Mod's promise.

    Thanks for understanding! :)

    -I_H
  4. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    Jeremiah "Bill" Brannigan Fitzgerald
    The Great Munchkin Fields to the Blue Forest


    On a scale of 1-10, Bill would've had to rank the day's events at about a two pi in overall inconvenience. First he had been carried around like some kind of oversized football, and now he was careening on a horse that was far too large for him to handle capably. Bill may have been tall for a munchkin, but even the tallest munchkins were only about a meter and a few tenths high, and this horse was positively... not munchkin sized. Oh, a better phrase for it probably existed, but the horse was careening forward far too rapidly for Bill to focus on much besides the fact that he couldn't focus much.

    How dreadful it all was!

    He supposed this was the end of his teaching career. No university would hire a Rebel munchkin physicist, not even those twits at Wogglebug's, and if he ever showed his face anywhere near the Emerald City again, he'd surely be punished severely! Bengel was still asleep back in the hotel, and when he awoke and found Bill absent, and no matching bodies, the Imperials were going to suspect something and...

    And goodness, this horse was going fast! Vaguely over the rush of the wind he thought he heard Bob talking with... someone... his eyes were shut tight and the voices were muffled amidst this cacophonous din. Not to mention he was starting to feel a bit hungry.

    "Tycho's beard..." he moaned sadly, still holding on for dear life.

    TAG: Starfallen, GM
  5. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: As promised!

    IC: The Crash Site
    Location: The Other Side of Center Munch

    There was a sound outside of the plane, and some muttering...

    I ain't going in there...

    Oh come on... you're such a baby

    Anything this big that can soar through the air has to be enchanted!

    Show me where the runes are then!

    Maybe they're inside.

    Bah, you big baby. Fine. Hand me the lamp.


    There was a shadow and a then some clinks and clanks. The small sprite could see the figure of the Munchkin Sargent entering the plane. He had with him a lantern, which cast a myriad of dancing shadows in the cabin. Behind him, the rest of his timid squad followed.

    They stopped at the top of the plane, by the cockpit.

    "Chairs?" one of them said. "Why do they need all these chairs?"

    "Reminds me of a trolley I saw in Emerald City once." said another

    "A trolley for people in the sky?" said the Sargent. "That's pretty outrageous officer."

    "Hey I'm just saying" the Munchkin said.

    The sarrgent walked down the aisle a few paces, then stopped.

    "Hey there's luggage here."

    "Oh hey, so there is!" said one with the glasses. He immediately moved to a suitcase and opened it up

    The other officers did likewise, poking around the Starfallen's bags. They were pretty clear from Alera's position.

    TAG: Ktala

    IC: The Ruby Guard
    Location: Ojo's Shack, The Blue Forest

    There was some commotion in the back of the train as they began to enter the forest. While Jinjur and the rest went on ahead, one of the Ruby Guards, probably a higher ranking one, halted, and rode back to the starfallen.

    "Whats the problem here." she asked Jezeel.

    "Commodant!" she replied. "The Starfallen seem a little antsy heading into the forest. A few of them wish to go over to that structure upon the hill."

    The Amazon pointed towards the shack on the hill. The Commodant looked towards the shack, then looked back to the group.

    "Denied." she said. "That house happens to be the house of the Crooked Magician, Dr. Pipt. We don't know just yet who exactly is still living there. However, we do know that Ojo's Shack has been abandoned, as Ojo himself is a member of the Rebellion. He was.... an eccentric. So we're going to send guards over there tonight and investigate it."

    She looked at Tonn, noticing that he was an Ozian...

    "What do you want to go? You're not a starfallen right? I guess if you want to check, you're welcome to. Our mission is only to protect the starfallen. This path goes only to the Shack. Come on back when you know."

    She returned to the forest.

    "Now come on. We know this forest is safe. And Jinjur is probably already at the shack by now. Lets go, hyah."

    ------

    Upon arrival at the shack, they could see a small circular building, still in tact, though a little run down. Behind it was an overgrown garden, and the whole thing could be seen in a forest clearing... walls of trees on all sides.

    As the Starfallen group arrived, they could see already tents being pitched around the building. And inside, smoke rising from a lit fireplace. The woods still sounded of wild animals, but it was subdued. There was a few women poking around the garden, looking for something.

    There was nothing left to do but for them to make themselves as comfortable as possible and get some sleep. It would be another long day tomorrow.

    GM's OOC: I'm willing to stretch this out a little bit if you want, but we can go straight to the next day if you'd like. Let me know in your post if you want to do some exploring here or go to bed. As for Solo, if you choose the Dr. Pipt side mission, we'll put you on a second time-frame if the group progresses, same I'm doing currently with Ktala.

    TAG: Starfallen

    IC: Munchkin Gangster
    Location: Bugtown, Center Munch

    The gritty little gangster squinted his face and looked *very* confused.

    "International What? Never heard a' yah."

    He sat down under a window and lit up a cigar.

    "As to what happened." he said, taking a puff. "Oh nothin/>/>/>
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Ojo's Shack encampment


    The horses approached the shack.

    Mike slid off his horse when the beast stopped walking. The strap from the hockey stick bag was beginning to cut into his neck, so he lifted the strap over his head and slid it off. Keeping the bag vertical, he set the "butt-end" of the bag on the dirt and leaned his arm on the "blade" end, taking some of the weight off his tired body.

    He looked around at all the tents. "Do we finally get to rest now?" He glanced toward their Ruby Guard escorts.

    TAG: GM and any Starfallen...
  7. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort

    The night had been, for the most part, uneventful at the Eastern Fort, with the exception, of course, of the starfall, which had caused a bit of a stir amongst the guards on duty, including Avani. Hearing an alarmed shout from one of the others, the Snow Leopard had ascended one of the fort?s towers, and from there, she was just able to see the strange star as it crossed the eastern sky, and her sensitive hearing picked up the dulled thud as it made contact with the ground somewhere in Munchkinland. Uncertain of what had just happened, someone had appealed to the Scarecrow, who was in charge of the Rebel outpost, to send a group to check it out, but, after explaining the event to his troops, he assured them that Glinda had already assigned General Jinjur to the task.

    Upon hearing this, Avani had tried not to be disappointed. Glinda and Ozma had just sent her here last week; it was the first time she?d been stationed away from the Palace since joining the Rebellion some months earlier. Maybe if she?d still been at the Palace, she could have gone with Jinjur. The Scarecrow?s brief explanation of the starfall had only added to her sense of wonder, but her duty to the Rebellion now had to come before any personal desire to satisfy her curiosity. Avani knew, after all, that she was still somewhere near the bottom of the chain of command, and had no place questioning instructions from her superiors. Orders were orders, and she followed them without argument.

    So it was that she did not hesitate to respond when the Scarecrow called her to his cabin, but she was a little surprised that he would single her out. She couldn?t think of anything she might have done wrong?what did he want her for?

    Despite the fact that she was now just a little nervous, Avani approached the cabin at a brisk trot, before sitting quietly in front of its inhabitant. ?You called for me, sir??

    Tag: Hammer
  8. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie
    Rebellion camp


    When the horse came to a stop, Annie slid off somewhat ungracefully.
    "Oof. I was always rubbish at that part."
    She rubbed her stomach where the saddle had dug into her as she got off. Looking around at the others Annie noticed that a few were immediately allowing themselves to be directed to bed-rolls. Annie was exhausted, she'd practically been falling asleep on the air stewardess earlier, but she didn't want to lie down.
    She sat near one of the groups of soldiers, watching the others.

    TAG: any
  9. jawbox Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Imperial_Hammer Approved :)


    Name: Quelsa Tonacrry
    Gender:Male
    Age:14

    Nationality: American ( With mexican ancestry)
    Profession: Student

    Hair Color / Style: Long, ragged, unkempt black hair
    Eye Color: black
    Skin Color: very tan
    Clothing: Simple T-shirts with The Beatles Logo, simple jeans
    Other Points of Appearance: Large eyes, boyish face, doesn't care much about his appearance

    Biography: Quelsa was born to a middle class Mexican-American family in Boulder,Colorado. He was very much an introvert, having only a few disconnected relationships through-out his life. He spends most of his time biking around in the street and mountains, listening the British Invasion on his I-pod. Quelsa is a simple man, with simple interests.

    Quelsa is a very good-natured, naive young man. He is very trusting of strangers and has absolutely no street smarts. His friendly, energetic personality mixed with his boyish face and short height has caused many people to think of him as far younger than he actually is, which frustrates him greatly. He is also very spacey, he often daydreams.
  10. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Norghar the Tinkerer
    Location: Ojo's Shack, The Blue Forest

    Hopping down, quiet literally from where he was to the ground he stretched thankfully before moving over to group of soldiers and starfallen.

    Taking a seat he looked up at the woman that was seated closest, a starfallen in their odd dress. Well actually in a way it almost reminded him of some of the fashions from Emerald City except not green, and he doubted very much anything could be considered fashion there except strength.

    "Take heart. All will look better in the morning, as nothing can look worse in the night." so smoothing out his apron, and curling round his tail he laid back on the hard ground to stare at the stars above.

    "I wish we win." he simply stated as he closed his large eyes from an unexpected yawn. As they sealed, despite his rest on the journey here the heavyness of his loss weighed well enough like weights upon his lids, that they did not open again from that yawn, inspite of being so close to a starfallen.

    TAG: Twinky_Strider
  11. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    Jeremiah "Bill" Brannigan Fitzgerald
    Rebel Camp


    Upon arrival, Bill was kindly helped out of his vice-like grip on his horse, which was still far too large for a munchkin of any stature, and back onto solid terra firma, where, regardless of where you positioned your zero point, you had to admit his gravitational potential energy was quite a bit lower. He was still a bit frazzled however, and he was noticeably shaking as he worked his way over to the hunched over blurs that he presumed were some of these allegedly Starfallen, whom he hoped to interrogate as soon as the sky would kindly oblige his requests to cease its infernal spinning motion.

    "But first!" he thought aloud, his mind still a bit too shaken for him to really concentrate on thinking to himself, "Perhaps a quick rest is in order...!"

    And with that he unceremoniously collapsed on the nearest unoccupied patch of good ground he could find, having not had enough stamina left in him to actually make it to where the bedrolls were.

    TAG: Anyone who happens to notice a very unconscious munchkin outside, GM
  12. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Update in 24 hrs. A huge welcome to our new and returned players! Its a pleasure to have you. :)
  13. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    The Starfallen Crash Site, .. Heading back towards the Forest..

    Alera was busy diving, and checking the plane for last minute goodies, when there was a sound outside of the plane, and some muttering...

    "I ain't going in there..."

    "Oh come on... you're such a baby"

    Oh great! Lookie loos! Alera became very dim and still so she could watch what would happen.

    There was a shadow and a then some clinks and clanks. The small sprite could see the figure of the Munchkin Sargent entering the plane. He had with him a lantern, which cast a myriad of dancing shadows in the cabin. Behind him, the rest of his timid squad followed.


    They soon started arguing again, this time about the chairs. Such silly willy Munchkins! It was almost sooo tempting to scare them away, but then that might cause trouble. And Alera was NOT going to loose her toys!!

    The sargant walked down the aisle a few paces, then stopped.

    "Hey there's luggage here."

    "Oh hey, so there is!" said one with the glasses. He immediately moved to a suitcase and opened it up. Alera was so happy she had already had a change to go through the luggage, and grab the best shinies and nice toy thingies before anyone else could go grabbies.

    She watched, as the other officers did likewise, poking around the Starfallen's bags. They were pretty clear from Alera's position.

    Alera waited until they were waist deep, digging around in the Starfallens things. As she waited she made sure the items she had taken were secured. She then shrunk herself down, and when they were not looking, she quickly exited the plane, through one of the many hole in the 'plane' thingie. She made her way to the edge of the forest, and and then stopped on a nearby branch for a moment. What to do now? She could go look into town, and see what was going on. But, why? Nothing half as exciting as what was going on in the forest she bet. She doubt that the festival would go on now. Grouchy old Emp.

    She looked out over the moonlit fields. She needed to get back to where the Starfallen were. And the ladies in red. There was going to be one GREAT bit of a story to tell. And
    Norghar was there too. Poor Norghar. He just wanted to see Starfallen, and by things. Alera sat on that branch for a few moments, her light off at the moment, while she made her decision.

    With a final nod of her head, she took off, heading back towards the the woods, and in the direction of the others. Since she was not too sure of what eyes the nasty Emp might have, she did not go straight to the woods, but took off in a round about way, as if she was going back to the city, but then turned, and took off towards the woods once more. No light for her this night, no too many things out here. But she wasnt worried, she knew where she was going. And if she was lucky, she would get in just before the nasty sun came up, and perhaps even play with a few of her new toys before she had to sleep.

    She flew high, imagining herself being one of the shiny lights way up in the skies, as she streaked back to the others. She thought of a small tune, as she flew back to the Blue Forest.


    'A Tottenhot, oh yes thats me,
    a Tottenhot I will always be,
    With shiny toys, and things so new..
    You'll wish you were a Tottenhot too!'



    What a nice night to be out!


    TAG: Impy_Hammer
  14. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: The Fellowship of the Starfallen
    Location: Ojo's Shack, The Blue Forest

    The Starfallen had made it. Those who had questions were assured that this was the stop, and that they could enjoy a well deserved rest. Inside the shack, it was warm and dry, and there was a fire in the hearth that was kept lit by the various nightwatchwomen.

    Surrounded by walls of thick and wild trees made for a very secure situation, and many of the guards managed to sleep and rest. Jinjur and Kassindra were bunked in an officers tent, while troopers like Jazeel oftentimes choose to sleep outside under the stars.

    For these weary travelers, it was almost assured that morning would arrive too early. They needed more sleep than 5 hours, but the Guard could afford them no more until they arrived in Quadling. At 7:30am local time, the door opened up and Jinjur strode in.

    "Rise and shine my precious cargo!" she said cheerily, "Time to get up and get going! Wouldn't want the Imperials to catch us now huh?"

    She carried with her a basket of food. In it were some strange things. Kumquats, longish things that tasted like cinnamon rolls, big fluffy doughy things the size of your head that looked like it hand some powdered sugar on them, muffins that were shaped like bricks, and long raisin bread ropes.

    "Sorry for the fair." she said, setting it down on a table. "Ojo's Food Trees have gone feral. They old produce these weird things that probably aren't all that healthy for you. But they're edible and it should be tasty enough."

    Jinjur took a seat and bit into a crispy ball that looked like it was dry cereal flakes fused together.

    TAG: Starfallen

    IC: Circumstance
    Location: Boulder Colorado and then the Blue Forest

    The sun shone brightly in Boulder as Quelsa found himself on another one of his bicycle rides. As British Invasion blared on his Ipod, he was exploring one of the mountains nearby his house. He'd been there once before and had remembered enjoying it. The slope of the mountain was quite steep, which made for a challenging trail, but it was close enough to his house that if something seriously went wrong, he could always come home.

    However, his life was about to change. For as the youngster made a turn around a side of a hill, the rocky ground under him began to gave way. The recent storms must have weakened the trail, and sure enough, he felt himself falling, slipping down the hillside.

    Inevitably, he fell off his bike, and his body fell with a thud onto the ground. He kept on falling and falling until he felt bushes and branches scrape around him. Obviously he was falling into some thick brush.

    And then there was a bright light. And a flash. And then a fall and a thud.

    When he came too, he felt himself lying on wet soggy group. Around him were large trees and vines, definitely not native to the Colorado area. Aaaaand, they were all.... blue?

    Where the heck was he? As he slowly gained his bearing, he could hear voices in the distance. However, he could not see whatever was causing this. What should he do?

    TAG: Jawbox

    IC: The Scarecrow
    Location: Eastern Fort, Quadling

    The Scarecrow was sitting at a desk when Avani entered. He smiled warmly and beckoned her closer as she reported in.

    "Ah yes." the Scarecrow said, standing up with a little too much force. Although the Wizard had given him a brain, he often forgot he was made of straw, and usually overshot his movements. He steadied himself, arms flailed, on his desk.

    "Yes, I called you..." he said, pretending that didn't happen, "Because I have a special mission for you."

    He swiped a pointing stick from his desk and walked over to the map he had hanging on the other side of the room.

    "We need to make sure that the Starfallen get into Quadling alright. We're rather sure that currently, Jinjur is encamped in the Blue Forest, and will be making her way West into Quadling. Glinda is, however, also sure that the Empire will try and prevent this from happening. We don't know exactly where their troops are, but w/>/>/>
  15. jawbox Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2008
    IC:QUELSA
    Blue Forest

    I can't get no
    Satisfaction
    I can't get no
    Satisfaction
    Cause I tried
    and I tried
    and tried...


    Quelsa stared out at the many blue leaves, and blue branches. Slowly, two distinct thoughts came to him: One, blue was his favorite color; Two, where in all hell was he?. He picked himself quickly, though it stinged with all the fresh cuts and scraps all over his legs and arms.

    He ripped a blue leaf off a tree. He felt with his fingers, rubbed it on his face, smelt it, then tasted it... No, definitely not edible. Looking around, a great big smile came to his face. He had just discovered not only a forest he'd never seen on any map, but he'd discovered a whole new species of plant.

    He had to take back a sample.

    Then, a realization had came down like a two-tons on his body. He'd lost his bike... Immediately horrible despair gripped at him, his brand new $700 dollar mountain bike that he'd saved up forever for, was gone. But he quickly brought himself together, it couldn't have fallen too far. Then, just before he began excitedly looking for his bike, another realization came to him. His bike... was almost pure blue.

    But he was determined.

    He immediately set out to look for his precious, $700, blue mountain bike. He set his Ipod as high as he could get it, drowning out the distracting voices in the background.

    A man comes on and tells me
    How white my shirts could be
    And he can't be a man
    cause he doesn't smoke
    The same cigarettes as me
    I can't get no
    No,no,no...


    TAG: Anyone who notices the strange kid with the Ipod
  16. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Ojo's Shack


    He slung the stick bag over his shoulder and headed toward the food. At least he managed to get a few hours of sleep.

    As he staggered up to the table, he smelled something awful. Wait... It was him... "Man, I need a shower."

    He wiped the crud out of his eyes and grabbed what looked like a square muffin.

    TAG: any Starfallen and Co.


  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    From the Crash Site to the Blue Forest

    As the Tottenhott flew, happy as a bee, she could see a lot of things. A few fires were burning in Bugtown. OOOH, lookie .. The Bugtown gate was still smoldering. Then came a vast expanse of field, with nothing but blackness dotted by a few wandering will-o-the-wisps. Ahh Much better.

    But then the nice and darkness was suddenly disturbed, by a small gathering of lanterns and lights. Who were they? Most Munchkins would not travel around too much at night. Besides, they were heading away from the city, not towards it. She took a better look, curiosity driving her. She could see what looked like a bunch of soldiers marching in the same direction Alera was flying. Towards the Blue Forest. If she was paying special attention, she could see Kolin riding on horseback. WOW! There sure were alot of soldiers and guards. At least twice as many fingers on her hand..and some were even on horses. That was NOT good. She better get back quickly, or it would not be a good day in the Blue Forest.

    Alera flew as fast as she could. Not only because of the soldiers she saw, but because the nasty sun would be coming up soon. She came across another vast expanse of field. It was getting close to daybreak now, and the sky was starting to regain its bluish composure. By the time she arrived at the blue forest, it was well into the morning time. Besides her lovely stash, the only thing she wanted to do now, was to find someplace to scurry to, to hide from the annoying sun.

    She could see a pair of red clad Ruby Guards are she flew towards the entrance of the forest. With the sun, they could see her as well as she approached.

    "Halt!" declared one of them, seeing her approach. She drew her staff-pike. "Identify yourself."

    Alera stopped, hovering close enough to the guards to be seen as she squinted from the bright sun. Alera also noticed some strange music playing not too far away. It kind of reminded her of the strange music she had gotten from her earlier trinket. Alera tilted her head to the side, and then she spoke to the red lady who spoke to her.

    "Im the Tottenhot you see,
    That rode with the others
    and the Starfallen with thee,"

    "Who came last night to the Forest Blue,
    But I went back to where the Starfallen came to,
    and there were many things to tell..
    But I had to hurry before the night Moon fell"

    "But I think you better get the General lady quick..
    Cause I saw a BUNCH of the Nasty Soldiers in the thick,
    with horses and stomping, they are covering ground,
    and making their way to the Blue Forest sound."


    Alera gently landed on the ground, and put her hands on her hips as she looked up at the guard. Hopefully, that would let them know that she was telling them the truth. She tilted her head once more... she still heard the strange sounds.

    She waited until the guards said that she could pass, and then she went to see if she could find out where the strange music was coming from, walking through the forest.



    TAG: Imp, jawbox
  18. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Ojo's shack


    Annie had sort of drifted in and out of dozing through the night. Now she stumbled over to the general area she could smell something resembling pasties, taking it to mean breakfast. She picked up one of the raisin breads and took an appreciative bite.
    "When was the last time I ate?" She wondered aloud to herself.
    Annie glanced over at the general. She really didn't like how they were being led around so much with next to no answers.
    She shrugged. She was cranky and only half awake and needed to get food in her.
    Noticing Mike nearby, she brought up a smile in greeting.
    "Get much sleep?"

    TAG: Mike, any
  19. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort

    In the years since she?d left the Vinkus to go travelling, Avani had realized that there were both benefits and downsides to being an Animal, and then some things that worked both ways.

    For instance, most non-Animals couldn?t seem to read Animal expressions.

    At the moment, it was decidedly in her favor, since the little smirk on her face after Scarecrow stood too quickly and lost his balance was lost on him. At least she had the sense not to laugh, and, when he recovered and chose to act as if it hadn?t happened, she followed suit, and grew serious again.

    At the words, ?special mission,? Avani?s ears perked up, and she quietly moved to sit nearer to the map as he detailed her assignment. He wanted her to go and rendezvous with Jinjur and the Starfallen, and make sure they made it safely back to the Fort.

    Why he was asking her, a relative newcomer to the cause, to do this instead of a more experienced soldier, she did not know, but she wouldn?t ask, either. After all, not five minutes ago she had been wishing she could have gone to meet the Starfallen, and she wasn?t about to throw away her chance. How did the human saying go? Don?t look a gift horse in the mouth?

    Her tail was beginning to switch from side to side across the floor in anticipation as the Scarecrow finished. "Understood? Any questions? You'll have two additional Ruby Guards to provide you cover to the Rendezvous."

    Avani nodded her understanding, hoping she didn?t look or sound over-eager. ?I understand, sir. I assume you would like for me to leave immediately??

    Tag: Hammer
  20. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Ojo's shack


    "Get much sleep?"

    Mike turned to see the young Miss North.

    He swallowed the food he had in his mouth and responded, "Better than I thought I would. I do feel a lot better though." He raised the muffin he had in his hand. "Especially now that I have food in me." He smiled. "But how 'bout you? You've been through hell. How are you feeling?"

    TAG: Annie...
  21. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: 24 hrs til update!

    -I_H
  22. Ramza JC Head Admin and RPF Manager

    Administrator
    Member Since:
    Jul 13, 2008
    star 6
    Jeremiah "Bill" Brannigan Fitzgerald
    Rebel Camp


    Bill awoke that morning from anxious dreams to discover he had been turned into a monstrous vermin.

    He nearly panicked before he woke up again and discovered that he had merely fallen asleep on some particularly hard ground and there, in front of his eyes, was a particularly large cockroach. "What a bizarre coincidence," he remarked, sitting up atop the grass.

    He glanced about in every direction. There were the horses, and the rebels, and... there was the cabin where the Starfallen were. He then recalled that he was only out here because he had been exceptionally tired and disoriented from the horse ride. Fortunately, he had somehow avoided sleeping in horse... mess... and he was as clean as one who slept on the ground could hope to be. Which is to say he wasn't very clean at all and his grass stains had grass stains.

    "Now I know how Einstein felt when he tried to make a GUT..." he moaned, his hand instinctively moving to what he realized was his aching back, and he got to his feet with a good deal more effort than he would've preferred it would take. "Why do I feel like it's going to be another long day...?" he quipped, and set about in search of something to eat, taking care not to stray too far.

    TAG: GM
  23. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: Short and sweet b/c I'm stretched for time at the moment. I will probably follow this up with a stronger post this weekend.

    IC: The Ruby Guard
    Location: The Blue Forest

    Jinjur and in the Cabin

    The door of Ojo's Shack swung open and Kassindra entered the cabin, stopping to snap a salute towards her commanding officer. She paid the Starfallen little heed as they ate and slowly got themselves ready.

    "General! I have issued the orders for a bug out for the troops. The lead scout is requesting a heading to take her advance troops. What shall I respond?"

    Jinjur nodded.

    "Yes, I was just about to call you over for that very reason."

    The General turned her view towards the table. She also noticed a groggy Munchkin looking around for food.

    Civilians.

    "Here." she said, shoving the large basket of rolls and pastries into his arms. "Eat up."

    She then unfurled a large map on the table and beckoned Kassindra over. It was wide open for the starfallen to see, and the smarter of them would pay attention.

    "So here we are." Jinjur said, pointing to the map. "There is Dr. Pipt's, so you can see. And waaay over there is our destination before the day is out, the Eastern Fort."

    "Hmmm." Kassindra said, looking at the Map. "The Valley Bed, the Dry Stream, or the Highlands"

    Jinjur raised her hand to her chin in contemplation.

    "The Valley is the best. Straightest, quickest, and out of sight."

    "Ambush territory though. Doesn't take a genius to know we're going there. I'd say the Dry Stream Bed further south. We'd backtrack, but we'd be so close to Glinda's Palace, we'd be safer," Kassindra replied.

    "What of Jinxland?" Jinjur noted.

    "What of them?" Kassindra quipped. "I fear the Imperial troops more."

    "Hmm."

    Jinjur stopped to weigh these options.

    TAG: Those in Ojo's Shack

    Gate and Path Guards

    The two guards that kept watch at the gate nodded, seemingly finding the Tottenhotts explanation complete. Any person who had information about the Empire was too important to ignore.

    "Pass." the woman to the left motioned.

    The Tottenhott could hear music, and she could see that she wasn't alone. As she went down the forest path, it got louder and louder. As she turned one of its many hairpin turns, she almost ran into a trio of Ruby Guards crouched by one of the bushes on the side of the road. They were looking into the forest at a young human male, seemingly looking for something.

    Perhaps it was the metal bicycle that one of these three soldiers had by her. But this bicycle looked quite differently than the ones they had in Oz. It was thick and shiny, and made of different materials then the ones the Ozians had. Like it was an advanced version of Ozian bikes.

    "Should we capture?" one of the guards whispered.

    "Wait for it." the presumable leader replied.

    The guard in the back was distracted. "Did you see something fly by here? Like a fairy or something?"

    The other two weren't paying any attention. Tottenhotts didn't come out this far. She was obviously seeing something.

    TAG: Jawbox and Ktala

    IC: The Scarecrow and then Circumstance
    Location: Eastern Fort

    The leopard approved of the mission and asked when she would be shipping out.

    "Yes immediately." the Scarecrow said. "I want you and your small team to scout the Great Valley Bed. Its a depression that runs through the field between here and the Blue Forest where an old river used to run. I have reason to believe Jinjur will use that conduit to travel here. Its direct and its out of sight."

    He walked over to the map on the wall and pointed....

    "A few hundred feet outside this fort is the valley. It goes from the Magic Waterfall to the Blue River. Take it and keep on going down it until you rendezvous with Jinjur. If for some reason you don't find her, report back to me via Falcon Mail. Be sure to pick one up from the Aviary before you go.

    The Scarecrow looked towards the Animal and folded his straw-filled arms behind his back.

    "Very well then! Dismissed and good luck/>/>/>
  24. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Gate and Path Guards - Blue Forest

    The two guards that kept watch at the gate nodded,
    "Pass." the woman to the left motioned. Alera tilted her head, wondering if they were going to tell the others what she just told them. But she found herself distracted. Alera could hear music, and she could see that she wasn't alone. As she went down the forest path, it got louder and louder. As she turned one of its many hairpin turns, she almost ran into a trio of Ruby Guards crouched by one of the bushes on the side of the road. They were looking into the forest at a young human male, seemingly looking for something.

    Next to the guards, was a strange metal bicycle. But it looked so different. It was thick and shiny, and made of different materials then the ones the Ozians had.

    "Should we capture?" one of the guards whispered.

    "Wait for it." the presumable leader replied.

    The guard in the back was distracted. "Did you see something fly by here? Like a fairy or something?"

    Alera grinned. Why simply sit here and wait. Might as well go find out what was going on. Especially with nasty troops getting closer. Alera zipped around the guards and quickly landed, as she grew taller, looking like a small child. She threw her cloak over her wings, and stepped out through the area the young man was busy searching. He had something on his ears, and Alera could tell that the music was coming from there. She waved, to get his attention. She wanted this over quickly, as the sun was starting to really annoy her. She pulled the cloak over her head, and then spoke.

    "Are you the one who's lost and found, or did you lose something on the ground? These woods are such a strange place to be, and not too safe to be wandering free. Are you a Starfallen, or from their lands so far? So you better speak quickly, before in trouble you are!"

    Alera barely managed to keep from yawning, as she waited for the man to say something. He certainly was NOT a Munchkin..far too tall. And Alera wanted to tell the big lady in red what she saw, before she fell asleep...

    She kept her hand on her side near her small sword, as she waited for the man to say something.


    TAG: Jawbox and Imp
  25. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Ojo's Shack


    Mike watched as they rolled the map out on the table.

    He looked over it, but didn't have a clue what any of the places were on there. He looked back and forth at the women that were speaking.

    Shoving some more food in his mouth, he waited patiently to see where they were headed next.

    TAG: Starfallen and other "Ojo's Shack" people...
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.