1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort

    Avani straightened and gave a deferent nod of her head. ?Thank you, sir.?

    Leaving the cabin, she stopped first at the Aviary, as Scarecrow had suggested, to recruit one of the falcons?or were they Falcons (the talking kind)??to take with her. The birds/Birds were obviously nervous of the big Cat, shifting and fluttering anxiously about the room. One tried to dive-bomb her, and the primative instinct to snap her fangs at it was sorely tempting. Finally, however, she managed to convince one to follow her back outside, where she selected two other guards to accompany her, and, after explaining their mission to them, left the safety of the Fort and headed for the Valley.

    Tag: Hammer
  2. jawbox Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2008
    IC: Quelsa

    Here comes the sun
    and I say
    It's alright


    Quelsa had searched everywhere for his bike, but everytime he thought he saw a handle or a pedal it was only a leaf or a branch on one of the brilliantlly blue trees. He'd listened to Abbey Road for at least five times already, and he was beginning to lose hope. If he'd been paying attention he might of seen the strange creature wave him, if he hadn't had his Ipod blasting at full volume he might have heard said creature speak to him.

    But then again, if he had any common sense he wouldn't be searching for a a blue bike in a blue forest.

    Then, he saw a glint in the corner of his eye, a blue, metallic glint. He turned his head quickly, and stared in the direction of the glint.

    It was behind that bush, he knew it, it had to be!

    And so, quelsa charged directly in harms way, as was true to his nature. He was completely oblivious to the fact three Ruby Guard soldiers were waiting right behind that bush.

    TAG: Ktala, Imperial_Hammer
  3. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    In The Blue Forest..


    IDIOT!

    Yep. He had to be a Starfallen. No other being, 'cept for maybe a few flounderbusses would be so stupid, and so unaware out in the middle of nowhere. Fine with her. As the fool charged past her, she immediately shrunk back down to tiny size, and launched herself into the air, not wanting to see what the guards would do to such a foolish creature. She had her own news to tell, and it was a lot more exciting than what would be happening next here.

    She wished she could do colors, like her Aunt Alie had been able to do..she would have turned the guy into such a rainbow hue right now...

    Feeling a bit miffed, she made her way back to the main clearing, and began to search out the leader lady in the red armor. The general something? She buzzed about from tree to tree, until she saw the woman who she was searching for. She then made a dash straight for the general, waving as she did, so that she didnt get attacked by the other silly Starfallen in the area. All this flying around, as the sun was coming up was getting to her. She only wished she could find a nice dark spot to sleep now.

    As she came up to the general, she gave a sleepy yawn, and then spoke.

    "Forgive me, but the sun is no friend of mine,
    But that's not important, for you have no time,
    Cause I saw a BUNCH of the Nasty Soldiers in the thick,
    with horses and stomping, they are covering ground quick,
    and making their way to the Blue Forest sound,
    So you best get going, before they come around."


    With a tired wave, she began to look around for the tinker Norghar. At least she knew him a little bit. Perhaps she could ride with him, so that she could get some sleep, and not have to worry about her toys being taken from her.

    As soon as she saw the familiar patch of fur, she headed for the tinker, trying her best not to fly into him, as the day seemed to be getting brighter by the moment, and she was starting to squint her eyes.

    "How are you my friend, hope now better you see,
    May I ride with you, while the daylight runs free?
    the sun is not friend for a Tottenhot you see,
    so a place that is dark, is a good thing to me."


    Alera landed in front of him, yawing so hard, she nearly fell over. She reached for her wineskin, and took a deep drink. She wished she had some of the wine she had earlier, that had been wonderful. Oh well. She pulled her cloak over her head, while she waited for his answer. If he didnt agree, she would pick a guard, and dive in.

    Hmm. She giggled as she remembered about the girl from the night before. Alera leaned against a rock, nibbling on a piece of bread.



    TAG:Imperial_Hammer, Mitth_Fisto, Jawbox
  4. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    co-GM's OOC: Guess who's back? :D

    I've had a lot to catch up on, but that has never kept me away. So 48 hour update warning, people!
  5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    co-GM's OOC: Here we go~


    IC: The Ruby Guard
    Location: The Blue Forest

    Jinjur and in the Cabin

    The Tottenhott's warning, delivered in a sleepy rhyme though it was, killed the discussion. Jinjur and Kassandra glanced at one another, alarm evident on both their faces.

    "That was fast," Kassandra murmured.

    "The Valley, then?" Jinjur said quietly.

    Kassandra nodded.

    Then, as one, the Ruby Guardswomen sprang into action. "Everyone get ready," Jinjur announced loudly. "Gather your things, wash your faces, grab some food. The Emperor's men are closer than we thought. Rouse the rest," she added as an aside to one of the guardswomen who had chosen to sleep inside. "Ten minutes!"

    Around the Starfallen, the Ruby Guardswomen were snatching up bedrolls and other miscellaneous items. Others went around, shaking awake those that had managed to sleep through Jinjur's arrival. Kassandra had disappeared, presumably to inform the lead scout of their plans.

    All in all, a chaotic state of events. It looked like Alera wouldn't be getting any sleep anytime soon.

    TAG: Those in Ojo's Shack - Starfallen, ramza, Mitth_Fisto, Ktala

    Gate and Path Guards

    Quelsa had caught a glint of his bike, and with typical singleminded enthusiasm, had charged straight for it. Unfortunately, in his path was one of the Ruby Guards, who - though she had seen him ages ago - was unprepared for the headlong rush and did not move out of the way fast enough.

    "Hey!" was all she had time to yelp, before they both went down in a heap.

    "Get him!" yelled the second. "Get off!" yelled the third. Together, they both pounced, grabbing for his arms in an attempt to wrestle him off their companion.

    The Ruby Guardswoman at the bottom of the pile made a strangled sound.

    TAG: Jawbox

    IC: Ruby Guards and Circumstance
    Location: Eastern Fort

    Avani and her two companions (plus one tetchy falcon) were soon on their way. The Snow Leopard loped along, easily keeping pace with the other two Ruby Guards on horseback. They moved at an easy trot, the kind of pace they could keep up for hours and still arrive in shape to fight.

    In short order they came in sight of the Magic Waterfall, the entrance to the valley the Scarecrow instructed them to take. Even from a distance, it was a magnificent cascade of sparkling blue water gushing out of the northwestern cliff wall. At the bottom, though they couldn't see it yet, was an incongruously small lake that nonetheless took up half the width of the valley floor at that point.

    The other two Ruby Guards slowed, glancing at Avani as waiting for her lead. Once they entered the Valley, they had to be careful: it was really more of a dry river bed than a true valley, with sheer cliff walls on either side that would make escaping an ambush impossible. Fortunately there were also plenty of trees growing along the edges that they could use for cover if they wished, but weaving their way between them would take extra time.

    And of course there was the Magic Waterfall.

    TAG: Anne

    I think that's everyone - if I missed you, please PM me! :-B />/>/>
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Ojo's Shack


    "Everyone get ready," Jinjur announced.

    Mike was preparing himself for another journey, and possibly a fight. The guardswomen had given them 10 minutes.

    After finding a small sack in Ojo's place, Mike packed it with some more food. Who knows how long they'd be out in the middle of nowhere...

    He had shoved the blood-stained hockey jersey back into the stick bag with the hockey sticks, but he still kept the tunic and baggy trousers on that he had gotten from the Inn...before it exploded. Taking the drawstring of the sack, he tied it around the strap of the stick bag so he could carry the food with him at all times.

    Mike obviously didn't have the work out equipment in Ojo's shack that he had back at the gym, so to get the blood pumping he did a short series of push-up's and sit-up's. Afterward, he flung the stick bag back over his shoulder.

    Now he was awake and ready to go.

    TAG: Ojo's Shack people...
  7. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Entering the Great Valley Bed

    She stopped at the top of the Magic Waterfall?what was so magic about it, no one had ever told her, but it didn?t matter at the moment, as her eyes scanned the valley below. Her ears were perked up, listening for any sound that might indicate trouble. She sniffed the air, but she only picked up the scents of her companions, and the smell of the water from the falls.

    As far as Avani could tell, there was no one in the immediate vicinity besides herself and her group.

    But just because she didn?t see, hear, or smell anything did not mean they were alone, and she was not about to rush into things. The valley?s sunken terrain would keep them out of sight from the surface, but it was also dangerous in that, if they were attacked, there was no way out until they reached the Blue River at the other end. The trees along the edges offered some cover, but working their way through them would slow them down.

    Finally, she began to head into the valley, addressing her comrades as she cautiously picked her way down towards the bottom. ?We?ll stick close to the trees, but don?t go into them unless we absolutely need to?we?ll make better time, but at least we won?t be out in the open. Stay on the alert, and be careful.?

    Tag: GM
  8. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Ojo's shack


    Annie wiped away the crumbs from her mouth and moved along to where everyone was gathering.
    She felt a small stab of panic at the thought of the guards still following them. Where they ever going to stop? Annie ran over to where the soldiers stood.
    "Where are we going now? How long until you actually explain all this to us. So far all we know is there's an evil Empire and some rebels. That's the plot of about half a dozen movies right there."
    she ran a hand through her grubby hair.
    "I'm fine with running from the people who want to kill us, but I'm a little sick of being herded like this."


    TAG: any
  9. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Update incoming: 24-48 hrs. :)

    -I_H
  10. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    IC: Tonn Denroth
    Path, The Blue Forest

    Things were getting progressively worse. The Starfallen had not only rejected his offer to follow him around the perimeter of the forest, but he had outright ignored him. Given how these folks appeared to be stuck-up and acted superior to the rest of them, that wasn't too surprising. What managed to really irk him was when the Ruby Guards took notice of their conversation, most notably Jezeel herself.

    "Denied," she stated firmly. "That house happens to be the house of the Crooked Magician, Dr. Pipt. We don't know just yet who exactly is still living there. However, we do know that Ojo's Shack has been abandoned, as Ojo himself is a member of the Rebellion. He was.... an eccentric. So we're going to send guards over there tonight and investigate it."

    A crooked magician? Tonn narrowed his eyes and peered into the distance towards the little shack on the hill. It appeared harmless enough and if a magician occupied the space, there was sure to be several treasures to be had. Magicians liked to keep fancy equipment and fancy equipment fetched a lot of money these days. He could come out of this rich and even pay off the authorities to keep his name off of the wanted list.

    "What do you want to go? You're not a starfallen right?" the woman's voice tore him from his thoughts and he snapped to attention, shaking his head in the negative to confirm her suspicions. "I guess if you want to check, you're welcome to. Our mission is only to protect the starfallen. This path goes only to the Shack. Come on back when you know."

    A wry smile spread over his features and his shoulders slumped a bit as he relaxed. That's exactly what he wanted to hear. "I shouldn't be long," he tried to reassure her, gesturing freely with his hands. "I'd just feel a lot safer taking the route that doesn't lead into that mess." His eyes flicked briefly towards the forest and he inwardly shuddered. "See ya soon, Ma'am, and good luck!"

    He dipped his head and turning on his heel, started on the path towards the tiny shack as he pulled the hood of his cloak up over his head.

    TAG: Imp
  11. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Location: The Blue Forest

    Looking down at the small Tottenhot he groggily rubbed his eyes a moment as he had just began to stand and greet the day.

    "Yes I see, I mean...ah
    You may, you may...
    rest the day away.
    Pick a pocketay'
    Rest as you may
    As we journey through the blue...
    With nothing better to do."

    Terrible he knew, but he had just woken up but a sprite moments before, and the current racket that was being raised nearly made his mind to the conclussion to follow the Tottenhot in sleep. Hearing the call to flee as it was he quickly hopped to a water basin and dropped his head in.

    The cold water was most refreshing especially as he rubbed it off his head with his paws. As he passed the odd assortment of strange food he grabbed a ball and some stringy-thing that he tucked in the apron pocket, one that the Tottenhot hadn't picked.

    "A short morning and another long day, at least I'll be able to look this one in the face." he spoke outloud to no one in particular.

    TAG: Ktala, Those in Ojo's Shack - Starfallen, ramza
  12. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    In the Blue Forest

    Alera stood in front of the Tinker Norghar, while nibbling on a piece of bread.

    "How are you my friend, hope now better you see,
    May I ride with you, while the daylight runs free?
    the sun is not friend for a Tottenhot you see,
    so a place that is dark, is a good thing to me."


    Looking down at Alera, Norghar looked rather tired. He groggily rubbed his eyes a moment.

    "Yes I see, I mean...ah
    You may, you may...
    rest the day away.
    Pick a pocketay'
    Rest as you may
    As we journey through the blue...
    With nothing better to do."


    Alera grinned, her smile bright as he offered a place for her to hide the day away. As the terrible sun seemed to be doing nothing but getting brighter by the moment, she nodded her thanks.

    She waited until he had moved to wash his face, and head.. and nearly half is body it seemed, and grab something to eat, before she dived into one of his pockets, heading as far away from the front as she could, so she would be out of his way.

    At Last!! Darkness!

    "A short morning and another long day, at least I'll be able to look this one in the face." Norghar spoke outloud. It sounded kinda neat, from the folds of his apron. Alera's muffled voice spoke from his pocket.

    "Dont you worry, dont you fret,
    within the forest we will disappear yet,
    The guards will find no trace of us,
    and they will have to eat our dust."


    Alera yawned. It was horrible in the middle of a rhyme, but she was so tired, having been awake all night.

    "Im sorry my friend, so tired am I,
    But while you slept, I was up all night,
    Back to the place where the Starfallen first fell,
    I went back to check, and to see what else was there,
    and it seems another silly Starfallen has been found,
    But they are too stuck up, for my taste, so be careful 'round,
    and if you need help, just tap the pocket sound."


    With that, Alera let out a huge yawn, and then she began to weave a tiny bit of magic. Using her cloak, and her spells, she made herself a tiny 'cave' within the pocket of his apron, weaving some threads into something a bit more sturdy for her to sleep within. It was dark and warm and comfy, and it didnt take long for Alera to curl up within her cocoon, and quickly fall asleep, dreaming of playing with all of her new toys.



    TAG: Mitth_fisto, Starfallen
  13. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    And so ends chapter two, where the Starfallen survived their night in the wilderness and now begin their final push into Rebellion Territory

    IC: Glinda the Good Witch
    Location: Tower, Palace, Quadling

    Another night had passed, and the day itself came far too quickly. Glinda found herself this morning at the highest part of her palace, deep in the Ruby Lands. It was up there that she kept her seeing stone and her telescope. So far, the plan was on track. The extraction went well, they successfully camped in Ojo's forest. Now all they needed to do was get home.

    The woman's gaze drifted out towards the East. The land had told Glinda that everything was going to be all right. The Empire had detached what remained of their Center Munch forces to pursue but the land said that they were too far away from the Blue Forest to intercept. The thick stomping of their beasts that made them easy to track, rumbling the ground and disturbing nature. Jinjur was probably already racing along the canyon floor, and out of reach from Imperial presence.

    Yet the witch could not get over the feeling that something was not right. It all seemed too easy.

    IC: Kolin
    Location: Fields, Center Munch

    They weren't going to make it.

    The young captain was quite disappointed. They were still too far from Ojo's Forest, and it was already dayfall. If they took off now or even for still another hour on horses, they would outrun them.

    They had received a message about two hours ago from Emerald City saying that they needed to slow down. Which made... zero sense. If they would have keep going quickly, they might have been able to beat them to the Quadling-side fields. He had talked with his second in command and they had debated ignoring the order, but in the end, Kolin's loyalty to orders held his command.

    There must be a reason. Even if he couldn't see it, there must be a reason.

    He hated seeing these people slip through his fingers! The Spearmarshall wouldn't allow it.

    Kolin wondered what had happened to the Spearmarshall. Hopefully he had smoothed things over with the Emperor, and was on his way back.

    The man could see the disgruntled look on his troopers' faces. Hopefully it would all become clear before they decided they would start thinking for themselves.

    IC: Jinjur and Kassindra
    Location: Bugging Out, Blue Forest

    Jinjur was concerned. This was all getting pretty ridiculous. She could see it in the women, and she could see it in the Starfallen. These series of sprinting and stopping, sprinting and stopping was harsh. They were close... very close to their next destination. Once they got to the Ruby Lands, they would be safe, and they would be able to start their new lives in service of the rebellion, safe from Imperial threat.

    She didn't even know what Glinda would have in store for them. Perhaps they would run missions in the Quadling city belt. Perhaps they would do some spying in Shiz. In any case, they wouldn't have to be constrained as they were at the moment. The general just hoped they would be able to stick with her!

    As if on cue, Annie North came out and asked what exactly was going on.

    Kassindra looked at Jinjur and nodded. She would continue directing the bug out.

    Jinjur scratched her head and walked closer.

    "I know. I know its boring, and I know it all doesn't make sense. But we're so close to where we need to be. By the end of the day, you will be in a place where the Empire will not be able to effect you any longer."

    She looked out into the big blue trees.

    "As to an explanation, the best I can give you is that you and your compatriots are all fated people. People who fall from the sky always do famous things here. They become heroes and warriors and the like. We suspect the Empire fears your potential and thus wants you dead."

    The red-headed general looked into her eyes.

    "As to us, well, we want to keep you alive. We think you all might be able to help us and fix the wrongs in this land."

    She scratched her head.

    "Um, if you coul/>/>/>
  14. jawbox Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Nov 7, 2008
    IC:Quelsa

    Quelsa struggled in the human pile he had created. Unable to breath, he tried to force his way out to no avail. What was happening to him? Was he... being mugged.

    Yes, he concluded, these thieves were going to steal his bike and his I-pod, the two things he held most dear!

    NO!

    He forced his hand through the human pile and grappled on to part of the bike, attempting to pull himself out of the mess.

    TAG:Gm
  15. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: A quick post for Ktala, as I forgot her on the last update...

    IC: Dreamland
    Location: Inside Alera's little noggin

    Alera fell asleep pretty quickly once she got settled. It had been a pretty long day after all, and she was plenty exhausted.

    She suddenly found herself in the central square of Emerald City. All around her were people who were dressed like the Starfallen. They were milling about and ignoring her. Suddenly they all began to move around, walking this way and that aimlessly, getting very close to the fairy.

    Alera flitted out of the way as one almost crashed into her, and had to flit away again as another one was right up in her face again.

    She saw a flying munchkin zip over the crowd.

    "Hey lady. Come follow me!" he said...

    The flying munchkin man they began to zoom down a side-road from the square.

    TAG: Ktala
  16. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    In a pocket, Dreamland

    Alera barely got a yawn out, before she found herself fast asleep within the nice and dark confines of the pocket.

    She suddenly found herself in the central square of Emerald City. All around her were people who were dressed like the Starfallen. They were milling about and ignoring her. Suddenly they all began to move around, walking this way and that aimlessly, getting very close to the fairy.

    Alrea scratched her head totally confused. All these Starfallen.. EWWWWWWW!!! She flitted out of the way as one almost crashed into her, and had to flit away again as another one was right up in her face again.

    She saw a flying munchkin zip over the crowd. A flying munchkin?!! It spoke to her. "Hey lady. Come follow me!" he said... Sounded good to Alera. As they began to zoom down a side road, away from the crazy square, Alera looked at the munchkin.

    "What strange place, to fallen have I?,
    With so many Starfallen, and where munchkins's can fly?
    So what can you tell me, of this place I see,
    A silly fine place for a Tottenhot to be!"

    Alera grinned as she flew along side the munchkin.



    TAG: GM's


  17. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Great Valley Bed, West Munchkinland

    As she observed the Imperial troops, the Snow Leopard?s fur stood on end, her tail becoming even bushier than normal and whipping from side to side in irritation.

    Throughout her months of service to the Rebellion, Avani had, until now, seen very little action, and had never been the one calling the shots. And she had never before attacked or killed another sentient being?during her travels, she had often hunted her own meals when necessary, but this?was an entirely different matter.

    This was a problem. The cannon presented another dilemma?were there more troops up there to operate it, or was it only these ten? Either way, these soldiers had to go?they stood between Avani and her destination. Three against ten wasn?t exactly great odds, but they could have been worse. And though she was hesitant to risk the lives of her companions, such was war. At least if she attacked now, she would have the element of surprise on her side.

    ?Better to attack, then to be attacked,? she commented, though she wasn?t sure if she was speaking to herself or the two Ruby Guards. ?Stay on your horses, so we can be in and out as quickly as possible. Kill them if you can, but at least make sure they?re incapacitated. Now, get back into the trees and wait for my signal.?

    Moving into the trees herself, the Leopard left her two companions behind and began to creep slowly and silently towards the group of soldiers. As she came even with what appeared to be the senior officer?a bearded, middle-aged man?she went as low to the ground as she could, preparing to pounce as soon as the opportune moment presented itself. Wait for it?wait for it?

    When it did, she gave her comrades their signal to attack, then, claws extended and fangs bared?Avani wished she could roar, for optimum effect, but for some evolutionary reason, snow leopards, sentient or wild, were not capable of doing so?she launched herself at the senior officer.

    Tag: GM
  18. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Update in 24-72 hrs. RL is hittin' me good, but its time for an update here, so soon, but I dunno exactly when. Get those posts in! :)

    -I_H
  19. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: No takers? .... fair enough! Summer has been a little hectic on me, as it may be for you as well, so apologies for this delay and future delays.

    IC: A Trio of Ruby Guardswomen
    Location: Forest
    Slightly in the Past

    It was still an active wrestle-match as the boy with his bicycle was trying to rise from the pile of people.

    "Hey. Come on. Stop it!" one of the women grunted.

    "Does he understand English?" the other asked.

    "Screw it, I'm going to stun him" said the third.

    She would give him about thirty seconds to stop before she stood up and gave him a blast.

    TAG: Jawbox


    IC: Dreamland
    Location: In Alera's Head

    The Munchkin laughed as the fairy flew up along side him, rhyming as was her style.

    However, the Munchkin started to fly faster and faster as the duo zoomed across the sky, flying in what Alera's head seemed to be a Westernly direction. Dark looming mountains were seen getting closer and closer to Alera, and suddenly they were right in front of her.

    There was a dark, craggly tower standing there. It looked to be abandoned and run-down, with plenty of spider's webs and holes in it. The flying Munchkin slowed to allow the fairy to follow, as he entered the tower and then slowly proceeded up a musty old stairwell.

    After a few minutes, Alera came upon a main chamber, and it the middle of it sat a large crystal ball, perched upon an ornate pedestal. All was silent and nobody could be seen around. The inside of the ball swirled a dark crimson red, active... and waiting?

    Would Alera touch the mysterious crystal ball?

    TAG: Ktala

    IC: Imperial Contingent in the Canyon
    Location: Dry River Bed

    While the Rebel Strike started off silent, it did not remain that way.

    The troops did not see it coming, and the head Imperial officer let out a wild scream and the Animal pounced on him, biting and ripping and clawing.

    Needless to say he did scream for long.

    The duo of Ruby Guardswomen took up positions began picking off troopers long distance with their staffs. Two red shots blazed out, striking their targets head on and dropping them quickly to the group.

    10 vs 3 became 7 vs 3.

    The seven men dove for cover on the sides of the bed as they began to load their rifles. It would take them only a few minutes. While they were doing so, the first pair of shots rang out, not from the bed, but from the canyon tops where the cannons were placed.

    TAG: JediMasterAnne

    IC: Jinjur and Kassindra
    Location: Departing the Blue Forest

    Soon everything was packed up and ready to go. Accounting for all of the Starfallen, the large contingent of Ruby Guardswomen took off like rockets over the fields.

    Very soon after, the ground sloped down from under them as the Northern mouth of the dry river bed opened up. They soldiers held their breaths and hoped that their trip into Quadling would be uneventful.

    TAG: Starfallen/>/>/>/>
  20. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Venturing forth...


    As the party continued onward, there was a downward slope and a dry river could be seen. Mike looked at the ground ahead of them. He really wished there was water there so he could bathe.

    Being sweaty, smelly, and kinda disgusting was normal to him...he is a professional athlete. But he always showered afterward. He disliked walking around like this. He just felt dirty. He hadn't showered since the morning of the plane ride that ended up crash-landing in this crazy fantasy world.

    The plane.

    He was supposed to be in Australia right now. Playing exhibition hockey. It was practically shinny...or "pick-up hockey" if you were an American. Looking at the dry river, he imagined it full of water, frozen over. Skating on it, with two nets, a bunch of friends...

    He shook his head, bringing his mind back to reality. How the hell could he have ended up in a fantasy munchkin-land called Oz?

    TAG: whoever sees him daydreaming...
  21. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Great Valley Bed, West Munchkinland

    If there was one thing Avani truly disliked about being an Animal, it was that she had no truly civilized method of combat. No opposable thumbs meant that she either had to carry things in her teeth or on her back, and she had no hope of handling any kind of weapon. The only weapons she had came built-in, and while the teeth and claws were handy for intimidation, when it came to actually having to use them?she always felt more savage than sentient, less Animal and more animal.

    Especially when her target was not a wild animal she was hunting for food, as she had often done during her travels, but a sentient, intelligent being. The only crime this Imperial soldier was guilty of was that from her point of view, he was on the wrong side in this war, and he and his troops were in her way. Otherwise, he was a stranger to her, who had never done her any personal wrong, and before today, she?d never even seen before. For that reason alone, she was at least a little merciful, and gave him a quick death.

    Two other Imperials fell victim to the Ruby Guards? staffs. The remaining seven dashed for cover to load their rifles, but the first shots came from above, where the cannons were situated. As Avani had feared, there were more men up there?she couldn?t see how many, but even if there was only one or two more, they still had access to superior weaponry.

    ?Stay in the trees!? she called to her companions. ?Keep under cover!?

    Avani also moved toward the trees, but her intent was not so much on hiding as it was on getting rid of the remaining troops. A quick swipe took a sizeable section out of one?s abdomen. Another, she jumped just as he was raising his loaded rifle to fire. The shot missed the Leopard, instead hitting one of the other men.

    Though most of Avani?s attention was focused on overcoming the Imperials, a small section of her mind was able to wonder what she should do if she and her Guards were beaten here. The idea of sending the falcon to warn Jinjur had entered her thoughts, but she feared that if the troops saw the bird, they would kill it. And she did not dare tell one of the women to go ahead alone?there were fewer Imperials now, which increased Avani?s chances of defeating them, but one person could be the difference between victory and loss. Aside from that, their mission was dangerous enough already, with the three of them still together?one person by herself did not stand much of a chance in the event of another run-in with the Imperials. And there were still those cannons to worry about?

    Defeat the immediate threat first, then worry about that. The soldiers in the canyon needed to be out of the way before she even started to worry about the cannons?besides, she still didn?t know how many more men were up there; perhaps once these soldiers were defeated, then those would simply retreat. Avani mentally laughed at herself. Not likely. Possible?but not likely.

    Tag: GM
  22. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Dreamland, In Alera's Head

    Alera tossed a bit as her strange dream continued.

    The Munchkin laughed as the fairy flew up along side him, rhyming as was her style. However, the Munchkin started to fly faster and faster as the duo zoomed across the sky, flying in what Alera's head seemed to be a Westernly direction. Wow, this guy could really move. But she somehow manged to keep up with him. Dark looming mountains were seen getting closer and closer to Alera, and suddenly they were right in front of her.

    "Woah!" she muttered under her breath.

    There was a dark, creepy looking tower standing there. It looked to be abandoned and run-down, with plenty of spider's webs and holes in it. Alera shuddered. She HATED spiders. The flying Munchkin slowed to allow the fairy to follow, as he entered the tower and then slowly proceeded up a musty old stairwell. Why in the world would he come up this stinky old place?

    After a few minutes, Alera came upon a main chamber, and it the middle of it sat a large crystal ball, perched upon an ornate pedestal. All was silent and nobody could be seen around. The inside of the ball swirled a dark crimson red, active... and waiting?

    Alera looked around. The Munchkin had disappeared. Where did he go? Alera slowly flew closer to the large crystal ball. Alera loved magic. And old true magic was a rare thing indeed. The pedestal was special, and looked old. She looked around, and then back down at the ball. She stared at it, looking deeply within the orb, but not getting close enough to touch it.

    Normally, Alera loved shiny things....but this wasnt shiny. It was dark. A dark crimson red. She shuddered, suddenly feeling very cold. She knew that there was was good old magic. And very bad Old magic.

    Alera suddenly flew away from the orb, no longer wanting to be in the room with the thing. She looked around, looking for a way out. No, she did not trust this thing, and it suddenly felt very wrong. The munchkins disappearance didnt help either.

    "Out now is where I want to be, I do not trust what I do see!" she stated softly as she looked to leave the area.


    TAG: GM's,
  23. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    On the move


    As to an explanation, the best I can give you is that you and your compatriots are all fated people. People who fall from the sky always do famous things here. They become heroes and warriors and the like. We suspect the Empire fears your potential and thus wants you dead."


    "Oh come on. We're just normal people. I'm a student and I work in a museum, there's nothing I can do for you."

    There are lots of things you can do Annie

    Suddenly she had a massive jolt of.......deja vu?......memory? Well whatever it was it sent a chill down her spine. Someone had told her those words, but she couldn't remember where or when or if it had ever really happened. She barely listened to the general's next words.

    "As to us, well, we want to keep you alive. We think you all might be able to help us and fix the wrongs in this land."

    "Um, if you could tell the other Starfallen that, I'd be most obliged. And for them to saddle up. We're taking the most direct route in. We should be safely in Rebel Territory in under two hours. Then we can get you briefed, dressed, feed, and figured out. And you can have an audience with the big woman herself."


    Annie nodded vaguely, still feeling slightly odd.

    "Uh, yeah. Alright then."

    When they made a move she joined the others. After a while she noticed Mike looking slightly spaced out.

    "Oi! Canada boy!"

    She jogged over to where he was.

    "You alright?"

    TAG: Mike, any Starfallen nearby
  24. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Location: Departing the Blue Forest

    Exiting the Blue Forest, much the way he had entered, holding tight to a riding Ruby Guardswoman was...interesting in some ways. His tail did most of the work really but with another paw holding on and the bouncing it made eating what he had brought with him a bit of a chore to say the least...a mess on the back of the Ruby Guard and the horse to say another...

    As he noticed a couple of the Starfallen getting together to talk he decided to hop over if he could gengerly without disturbing his pocket-guest.

    Which, once he had slid down and tried to move smoothly without jostling his apron as he neared to listen, he felt it move. As if a tiny form had shift down there of it's own volition. "Probably just getting comfortable." he muttered to himself.

    Coming near to Starfallen he listened quietly, though his motions liably looked a bit ridiculous, even to one of Oz as he attempted to move his whole body to keep up, but also not to shift of move his waist where the apron was tied about.

    TAG: Starfallen
  25. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    co-GM OOG: 48 hour update warning, people. :D
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.