1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. milney Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Aug 21, 2003
    star 5
    ooc: I'm joining with this new character

    Name: Terrence "Rex" Anderson
    Age: 19
    Gender: Male

    Nationality: Germany
    Profession: Theatre Technician

    Hair Color / Style: Brown / Mid back length, genrally tied in a half-tail
    Eye Color: Pale blue
    Skin Color: Olive
    Clothing: Blue faded jeans, black polo with Star Wars logo on it, sneakers and a blue baseball cap
    Other Points of Appearance: A scar above his left eyebrow running into his hairline
    Biography: A self confessed 'closet geek', Rex was typically bored during high school and spent most of his time logging into online games and reading books. He has a surprising aptitude for languages, learning both English and Tagalog before he finished high school. As a result, his accent tends to sound more Austrian than German, a fact he is constantly reminded of by his best friend. He began working as a techie after school, then full time after graduation. Right now, he's taking a 'forced vacation'.

    :D
  2. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Somewhere in Oz...


    He turned when he heard the word "Canada".

    The young girl, who everyone thought had died earlier, came jogging over. "You alright?"

    "Yeah, yeah," he responded. "I just... It's hitting me all of a sudden." He paused. "I still can't believe this is happening. I mean, what the hell is this? Oz? That's a fairytale, not reality." He looked the girl up and down. "Like you, for example... You died! We all saw you. And now, here you are talking to me. This doesn't make any sense."

    TAG: Annie North, any others...

  3. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Travelling in Oz


    It took all of Annie's self restraint to not snap back with something sarcastic. Possibly something along the lines of "well if I knew it would freak you out so much I would have stayed dead". Instead she gave a shrug.

    "Nothing about this makes any sense. And it gets even crazier; apparently according to the general Starfallen like us are supposed to do special things here in Oz. So basically we're all here to save the world."

    Saying it out loud really made Annie feel foolish. How exactly were they supposed to do anything like that?

    TAG: Mike, any Starfallen nearby.
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum

    "Nothing about this makes any sense. And it gets even crazier; apparently according to the general Starfallen like us are supposed to do special things here in Oz. So basically we're all here to save the world."

    "Save the world," Mike repeated.

    He thought for a moment. That could be quite interesting, actually. Being a hero? He's already become one of these so-called "starfallen". This might be easier than becoming the next Wayne Gretzky in the National Hockey League. There's less competition, too...

    "Hmm... A hero." He smiled and looked at Annie. "Now that would be something."

    TAG: Annie, others...
  5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Jinjur and the Ruby Guard
    Location: Entering the Dry River Bed

    The contingent had slowed upon reaching the dry river bed, and were now proceeding at a cautious walk. Time was pressing, but galloping their horses over dry river bed would probably not be so good and they knew it. Those that had been carrying Mike and Annie ignored their conversation, but one of the guardswomen riding nearby tossed them a faint smile.

    They neared a bend. Jinjur - who had been quiet the entire time - snapped her fingers and gestured to the pair of Ruby Guardswomen at the front of the column. They nodded and urged their horses ahead, eyes alert and scanning for any threats.

    "Clear," one reported. "No sign -"

    "Wait," the other interrupted, holding up one hand. "I hear something."

    "Halt," Jinjur ordered. They halted.

    The guardswomen cocked her head and listened intently. All was quiet for a moment -

    Then came the crack of a rifle firing, not too far in the distance. Followed by another. And another.

    Jinjur's eyes widened. "Let's go!" She kicked her horse into a gallop, ignoring the rough terrain, and the entire group followed suit.

    TAG: Starfallen

    IC: Imperial Contingent in the Canyon
    Location: Dry River Bed

    The pair of Ruby Guardswomen didn't need to be told to stay under cover. In fact, both had darted beneath large, leafy trees, the better to avoid fire from above. One of them sent a sucession of ruby bolts up to the canyon tops, and was rewarded by the sight of a human body - small in the distance - tumbling off the cliff. One more down. They fired back, but hit only tree trunks.

    Meanwhile, Avani was already amongst the Imperial troops and carving them up nicely. She killed one before he even had the chance to finish loading his weapon, and another just as he was firing. The shot went wild, taking out another soldier.

    Now it was 4 vs 3, and Avani was right in the middle of said 4 opponents. This was both a blessing and a curse.

    Blessing: the riflemen above could no longer fire at her for fear of hitting their people.

    Curse: she was in the middle of four men with guns, and by now all were loaded and ready.

    Well, sort of. The nearest soldier panicked and fell over in his haste to get away, firing blindly over her head as he did so. Apparently the sight of a full-grown Snow Leopard with blood on her claws was too much for him, but the others were not so easily intimidated. All three levelled their guns at her and fired.

    TAG: JediMasterAnne

    IC: Dreamland
    Location: In Alera's Head

    Alera turned to leave, not wanting to touch the orb.

    But the dream had shifted, as dreams do, and the stairwell was no longer there. In its place were ... spiders.

    Lots and lots and lots of spiders. They covered the ground like a particularly nasty carpet, all hissing and chittering and clicking up at her. Fortunately for Alera, she was flying and they were tiny, but it was only a matter of time before they managed to get to her. Already some were climbing the walls, or on top of each other -

    "Up here!" came a familiar-sounding whisper. It was the flying munchkin she had followed in, gesturing at a hole in the ceiling that hadn't been there before. Starlight streamed through. "Through here!"

    Not waiting for Alera to follow, he zoomed up and away.

    TAG: Ktala

    IC: The Wonderful World of Oz
    Location: Somewhere

    The first thing Rex Anderson became aware of was that he was wet.

    Soaking wet, to be precise. Dripping.

    The reason for that was he was lying in a shallow pool of water. This pool of water was not all shallow - only the part he was lying in was - for it lay at the base of a ginormous waterfall. Water thundered down from an unseen opening in the cliff face above and into said pool of water, undoubtedly carving a rather deep lake as it did so.

    This waterfall was the Magic Waterfall in the Quadling Country in the Wonderful World of Oz, but of course Rex wouldn't be aware of that. For that matter, he might not even remember how he/>/>/>
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    dry river bed


    Suddenly he heard faint gunshots in the distance. Mike turned. He instinctively ducked even though he didn't see anyone aiming at him.

    "Crap! Now what?"

    He watched two of the Ruby Guardswomen ride off on their horses.

    TAG: Annie, GM's, other Starfallen...
  7. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alrea Blueflare
    Dreamland, Location: In Alera's Head

    In the cozy apron, Alera kicked and have a startled cry. How she detested the crawly things. Her dream was not going well at all.

    She moaned, as she made another hard turn, frowning in her sleep..
    ---


    Alera turned to leave, not wanting to touch the orb.

    But the dream had shifted, as dreams do, and the stairwell was no longer there. In its place were ... spiders.

    "AAAHIEEE!!"

    There were icky, wicky, sicky, ICKY spiders. Lots and lots and lots of spiders. They covered the ground like a particularly nasty carpet, all hissing and clicking in their nasty spider ways.

    EWW .. EWWW.. EWW!!!

    Alera was glad that she was flying and they were tiny, but it was only be a matter of time before they managed to get to her. Already some were climbing the walls, or on top of each other -

    "Up here!" came a familiar-sounding whisper. It was the flying munchkin she had followed in, gesturing at a hole in the ceiling that hadn't been there before. Starlight streamed through. "Through here!"

    STARLIGHT!

    Alera did not have to be told twist. She turned, and as fast as her wings could go, she moved at her fastest speed to the hole he was pointing to. She tried to get a better look at the hole, before she flew through it, not wanting to find another nasty trap to fly into. But she would rather romp in the daylight, than to be around these nasty spiders one second more, so as long as a set of teeth, or anything else nasty didnt show up, it was a better view point in her mind. She reached the hole, and peered through, hoping to get a view of what she was going into next.

    SPIDERS!!! WHY did it have to be SPIDERS!!

    Not waiting for Alera to follow, he zoomed up and away. She wanted to know why this little man had brought her here, so she followed.

    "Nasty spiders, not fun to be, what did you bring me here to see?"

    In truth, Alera would rather be playing with her new toys.



    TAG:GM's
  8. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Great Valley Bed, West Munchkinland

    This was not a good situation to be in.

    Avani?s companions were safely hidden in the trees, but their attention was divided between trying to help her, and attempting to deal with the snipers above them. One of whom, she saw, had fallen, but there were still more up there.

    The Snow Leopard herself was in the midst of her enemies; the four remaining men had finished loading their guns, and they were ready to avenge their fallen comrades.

    Sort of. One, apparently, couldn?t handle seeing a fully-grown Snow Leopard with blood on her claws. He scrambled to get away, firing wildly over her head. Had the situation been a little less dire, Avani might have rolled her eyes at him, and she wondered if he had ever encountered any other Animals in his life. She was small, for an adult Animal, being only slightly larger than a normal leopard?her paternal grandfather, on the other hand, was more than twice her size. If this man thought she was intimidating?

    Maybe he should try looking down the barrel of a rifle some time. It wasn?t the way she was originally going to finish that thought, but it was easy to see why she had, for Avani suddenly found herself doing exactly that. Staring down the barrel of not just one rifle, but three. And she was on the wrong end. The three remaining men were not so easily intimidated as their companion, and had levelled their weapons at the Snow Leopard.

    She jumped towards them just they fired. Two of the shots just missed her, but she felt a searing pain in her left foreleg as the third hit. Not a fatal wound, and it would probably heal after some hours, but it still HURT.

    She snarled and hissed in pain as she landed, somewhat awkwardly, taking one of the men down with her. She didn?t know which of them had fired that shot, but she didn?t care. She was angry now. With the man pinned underneath her, she used her good paw to tear his throat out. As she turned to the others, she saw a bolt of red shoot through the air?from one of the Ruby Guards?dropping another of the men. Another had fallen as well, apparently having met the same fate.

    Only one left.

    It was the frightened one from earlier, who?d tried to run from her. Apparently, seeing her injured had enboldened him, and his hands were steady as he raised his rifle again. Avani moved immediately, seizing the barrel in her teeth and tearing the weapon from his hands, tossing it aside.

    Weaponless, the soldier?s bravado vanished once again, and he stumbled away from her. Even when he tripped over a tree root, he simply crab-walked backwards, until he ran into a tree trunk. Before he could try to go around, Avani grabbed him by the top of his head, claws digging into his scalp, pulled his head forward, then suddenly thrust it back, smashing his skull against the tree.

    Tag: GM
  9. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Dry river bed

    Shaking his head at these things that thought the healing pause was an actual death, he opened his mouth to speak when he heard the gun shots.

    Quickly jumping up to hitch a ride from the nearest Ruby Guard before they all galloped off into the river bed he shouted over, "You are worse then a child about the ways of the world Starfallen!" chuckling softly as he held on tight he heard a soft noise then another jolt from his apron pocket.

    Using his tail to hold on he bent over opening it to peer inside at his pocket guest, but found only a hard lump with a small hole at one end large enough for a shrunken Tottenhot. Gently he tapped the top, "Are you alright in there?" he couldn't help but feeling that she must be asking for a smoother ride to sleep through. A ride he could no longer give her from the groups renewed pace.

    TAG: Starfallen, Ktala
  10. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: 48 hrs kids! This update will come Wednesday morning, Pacific Time.

    -I_H
  11. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Ah sorry for the delay!

    IC: The Starfallen Contingent
    Location: Dry River Bed

    The Ruby Guard group rushed ahead towards the source of the gunfire. If there was gunfire so far into Quadling, it must be the sign of Imperial troops fighting Quadling soldiers. And where there were Imperial troops in distress, it was Jinjur's first instinct to make their distress even more so.

    Keeping the Starfallen a few meters behind, a contingent of guardswomen on horseback rode around a bend in the bed, pikes drawn and ready to meet any Imperials they would find.

    First they saw a decimated Imperial encampment, Imperial bodies, bloodied and clawed at, strewn around the bed.

    And then there was a tremendous BOOM!

    The ground and bed wall around the horsewomen burst into a tremendous cloud of dirt and dust. There were anguished cries of horses and women alike as smoke rose to cloud the visions of the rest of the troopers. The Starfallen and their surrounding troops, still safe for now, had to shield their eyes and mouths to keep the soot and dust out of them.

    TAG: Dubya, Norghar, Starfallen

    IC: Contingent in the Canyon
    Location: Other side of the Imperial encampment

    There was a deafening boom as the hearts of the Rebellion troopers sank. They had cleared the canyon floor, but there must have been one more person up above the canyon manning the cannon.

    They could see the cannon's muzzle billowing smoke, but not the mysterious operator behind it.

    Loading it up for another blast?

    One of the Ruby Guard that had accompanied Avani looked considerably wounded, lying on the canyon floor clutching her side. But the other woman, looking to only have scratches and bruises ran up to the canyon wall and began to ascend it, using the rope to walk up it. It was slow going, but she was making progress.

    TAG: Anne

    IC: Dreamland
    Location: In Alera's Head

    Alera managed to escape the tidal wave of spiders and finally found herself at her destination. It was a dark hallway, and to her left were prison-cells. The flying munchkin waved her forward and flew ahead slowly. He however did not reply to Alera, despite her discussion towards him.

    Finally he stopped and motioned to a cell.

    As Alera drifted forward, she looked into the darkened prison. Inside looked like a big pile of rusted metal. She could see scraps that roughly looked like a hand, a foot, a funnel made of... tin?

    "Are you alright in there?" came a voice from no where.

    As if in response, she could hear what sounded like a heart beat.

    Bum bum

    Maybe it was coming from the metal?

    Bum bum

    It definitely sounded like it was coming from inside the cell

    Bum BOOM!

    And it was the loud boom that shoved Alera out of her dream.

    TAG: Ktala/>/>/>
  12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum

    "What the hell happened here...?" Mike asked, looking at the mutilated bodies. It was a somewhat gruesome sight, and he felt his stomach begin to turn.

    Then came the BOOM.

    Dirt and crud filled the air around them. Mike ducked and dropped to one knee, as if to take cover. Breathing the stuff in made him cough. He brought his arm around and put his mouth over his sleeve, hoping to filter out some of the crud from the air he was breathing in.

    TAG: GM's and Starfallen...
  13. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Great Valley Bed, other side of Imperial encampment

    Avani growled a curse as the BOOM of the cannon echoed through the valley; there was still someone up there, and he seemed to have found a target.

    She instinctively ducked back into the trees for cover, but apparently, Avani and her Ruby Guards were not the selected target. The blast was close?she could see the dust thrown up into the air nearby?but had not been aimed directly at them. Then who??

    Amidst the rumbling, she heard the distressed baying of horses, and voices, distinctly feminine, cried out.

    The fur along her spine bristled again, as realization dawned on her. Scarecrow had sent her down here because he expected Jinjur to take the Starfallen along this route to reach the Fort. Clearly, the Imperials had anticipated the move as well, and troops were sent to intercept, and to take them out if they could.

    If it was Jinjur and the Starfallen that the man above had fired the cannon at, then Avani needed to get to them as quickly as possible, and make sure they made it safely out of the canyon. But to do that, the cannon?s threat had to be eliminated.

    Looking to her two Ruby Guards, Avani?s heart sank even further to see one wounded?had she been shot??and for a moment, she couldn?t even find the other. Then she spotted her, climbing one of the ropes towards the canyon?s rim. Avani worried about how exposed she was?if the remaining Imperial happened to look over the edge, or if others showed up on the opposite side, the woman was too easy a target?but they could not see the cannon operator from the canyon floor, so someone had to go up there, and neither Avani nor her other companion were currently capable of making the ascent.

    With the cannon issue being dealt with, Avani quickly scanned the area for any remaining threat she might have missed down here?she tried not to look too closely at the ravaged Imperial bodies and the damage she had inflicted upon them?before quickly limping (her injured leg would not tolerate running, or even a brisk trot) off in the direction from whence she had heard the other voices.

    Her eyes closed to near-slits as she ventured into the dusty air, and she coughed a couple of times as the dirt got into her mouth and throat, before tentatively calling out. ?General? Are you there??

    Tag: GM
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Dreamland, In Alera's Head

    Alera managed to escape the tidal wave of spiders and finally found herself at her destination. It was a dark hallway, and to her left were prison-cells. The flying munchkin waved her forward and flew ahead slowly. He however did not reply to Alera, despite her discussion towards him. That was beginning to drive her nuts.

    Finally he stopped and motioned to a cell.

    What could he want her to see? She slowly drifted forward, and into the darkened prison. Inside looked like a big pile of rusted metal. She could see scraps that roughly looked like a hand, a foot, a funnel made of... tin?

    "Are you alright in there?" came a voice from no where.

    Was it talking to her? As if in response, she could hear what sounded like a heart beat.

    Bum bum

    Alera floated slowly, wondering what was going on. Was it coming from the metal? Metal usually didnt talk. Ususally. Or maybe it was another voice asking if the metal was alright? This was very confusing.


    Bum bum

    It definitely sounded like it was coming from inside the cell. Maybe just a tiny bit closer look...

    Bum BOOM!


    Alera sat up so fast, she bumped her head on the roof of her tiny cocoon. She tried to grab her head, except now she was tossed first one way, and then another, rocking violently to whatever was going on. What WAS going on?

    Was it the SPIDERS?!?!?! Alera rocked to the side once more as she tried to remember where she was. It came to her as she nearly did a flip in her tiny hideaway.

    *OOMPF!*


    "Ryls and knooks,
    gigans, and rampsies,
    what in OZ, is going onsies?!"

    Alera pooked her head from her tiny sleeping area, and nearly yelped as she realized that the nasty sun was STILL quite high in the sky! She immediately squinted her eyes, ducking back down into the safety of the pocket.

    "AHHHH! This Tottenhot does hate the sight!
    The burning ball is MUCH TOO BRIGHT!!"

    She then noticed that the movement was going on at a rapid race. Was the Starfallen running again? She poked her head out from the cocoon once more, this time speaking to Norghar, while keeping in the shadows of his pocket, as she held on as tightly as she could, to keep from getting tossed about. If it was those stupid guards, maybe she could sic some animal on them.

    "Norghar, what now is going on?
    that tosses and sends us flying along.
    With things that go boom,
    and things that are bright,
    And all the nasty things a Tottenhot does not like?!!"

    She flapped her wings madly, as she waited for him to respond, as she squinted her eyes to look out just a little bit.




    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, GM's
  15. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    OOC: I'm really really sorry this is so last minute, but my internet has been down for about a week. I'm going away for a week and will be back next wendesday. Until then just have Annie tag along with the rest of the Starfallen.

    Have fun guys, see you in a week.
  16. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Location: Dry River Bed

    The noises seemed to cease in a most unusual manner that he was unexpected to encounter, with rider ahead returning the shouts of those going further ahead he barely had caught an upward glance of Imperial bodies before a smoke and dirt cloud inrapped them.

    Yet through this all a small voice he heard, so with a pulled rag out of his other pocket he covered his mouth, once more putting his tail to use and replied, "Imperials are here in canion go boom BOOM, make big mess in air me no...broom."

    "Pardon, excuse a pass, but of this mass I might yet make, something yet you sun take." With that he reached into the pocket that Alera was in and felt around for a small bauble. Finally and genteely his fingers lifted a domed section of glass, a bubbled watchface he had packed incase he decided to replace his own after parking his kart in Center Munch.

    Something that no longer existed, but with some words and his other hand he muttered as he held over Alera, "A small shimmer, and all this glimmer then all you will find dimmer." For the glass with a little practical magic he dimmed and fogged darkly.

    TAG: Ktala, Starfallen
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Bouncing along in a pocket... :p
    near a Dry River Bed


    "Norghar, what now is going on?
    that tosses and sends us flying along.
    With things that go boom,
    and things that are bright,
    And all the nasty things a Tottenhot does not like?!!"

    She flapped her wings madly, as she waited for him to respond, as she squinted her eyes to look out just a little bit. She saw the tinkerer look down at her, speaking through some rag he had put accross his face, making his voice muffled and funny sounding.

    "Imperials are here in cannon go boom BOOM, make big mess in air me no...broom."

    Alera's eyebrows went further up into her wild hair, as she tried to figure it out. But she guessed that the noise she had heard meant someone was shooting at them. Hmm. That was not good, not one bit! Alera turned when Norghar spoke up once more.

    "Pardon, excuse a pass, but of this mass I might yet make, something yet you sun take."

    'WHA?!?!?!?' Now Alera was totally confused, but she was a tiny bit curious.

    He reached into the pocket that Alera was in and felt around for something. She wondered what she had been bumping into. His fingers lifted a domed section of glass. Alera watched with curiosity as he muttered some words and his other hand he held the glass over Alera. "A small shimmer, and all this glimmer then all you will find dimmer."

    Alera felt MAGIC! With her wings perked up, she watched as the glass dimmed and fogged darkly. Alera smiled, as she fluttered her wings like mad.

    "Norghar the Tinkerer has a surprise,
    and with magic, makes a present for Alera's eyes,
    So in return, I give to you,
    A thing I found in the Starfallen's thing that flew!"

    Alera disappeared for a moment, as she dived back down into his pocket. She dug into her own pouch, and found what looked like a very fancy compass. Well..at least she thought it was. It turned and moved like a regular compass, but the markings on it were quite different. But she figured he might be able to figure it out. And the other strange markings on the side..well, she didnt have anything clue what that was all about, but she would let him figure it out. She came back up, and whispered a word, so that the item grew to normal size, as she held it up. It also had a tiny mirror on the inside. She hated giving up the mirror, but it was a small price to pay. Besides, she had her eye on another prize.

    "Later, I would show you things other and new,
    when no one is shooting at us, out of the blue."

    Alera grabbed the new darkened glass that Norghar had manged to make, and marveled over it. It made the bright nasty sun not soooo bad. She smiled as she flapped her wings like mad. She then dived back down within the pocket, holding on to her new 'gift!' She laughed softly, enjoying the now really dark pocket. She didnt even mind getting bumped in the head, as she snuggled under her new 'window.'

    "If anything else, does happen tap me,
    and I will help, if help I can be!"

    Alera played with the bauble of glass, wondering what she could attach it to, in order to make it more useful. Hmmmmm.

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, GM's, Starfallen
  18. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 23, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: Hammer Approved.

    Character Sheet

    Name: Yenzal
    Age: 88 (in cat years)
    Gender: Female

    If Ozian
    Species: Animal (Cat)
    Hometown: The Town of Shiz, Capital of Gillikin
    Allegiance: Emerald Empire
    Profession: Magician's Apprentice

    Fur Color : Black
    Eye Color: Blue
    Clothing: A blue collar and a small purple wizards hat.
    Biography: Yenzal's life has been far from complicated. A loyal companion to Professor Trupple, one of the eldest teachers of Magic at Shiz University, she has closely followed her owners love of all this imaginative and exciting. Her own skills in potions and spells are minimal in comparison, but she is more than happy to prove to any passer by that she is no one hit wonder, even for a cat. Her cat like instincts are intact, but she would much prefer a good hearty pasta or salad than chase down a mouse for supper.

    Sadly, not all is well within Shiz University. Professor Trupple's health is beginning to fade, Yenzal knows that it is only a matter of time for her dear friend. So she spends almost all her time studying, hoping to one day teach others the importance of magic just as Trupple has done for so long, and one day, maybe, change the Land of Oz in ways unimaginable.
  19. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    co-GM OOC: 24-48hr update warning, everybody. :D
  20. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    co-GM OOC: Argh, sorry for the delay, I've been snowed under with various other things recently. I'll just start Kartanym off first, and the rest of the update will follow later today.


    IC: Professor Trupple
    Location: Shiz University

    Professor Trupple squinted down at the bubbling cauldron. This potion was ... not quite as it should be. Something was missing -

    The flaxweed!

    He hurried over to the ingredients cabinet and began pulling things out. Damn his old eyes, they were not as sharp as they had been - where was it - ah! Laboriously, because his old hands were not as dextrous as they used to be, he took the strands out of their vial and hurried back to his cauldron, where he dropped them in. The potion turned into its proper colour.

    "There," Trupple said with satisfaction. Job done! Now it was time for - he glanced at the clock - goodness, it was long past time for lunch! Where was Yenzal? Why hadn't she come find him sooner?

    "Yenzal?" the old Professor called out, his voice quavering slightly with age. "Yenzal, my dear, where are you?"

    TAG: Kartanym
  21. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

    Member Since:
    May 23, 2002
    star 6
    IC - Yenzal

    "Yenzal?"

    A little black cat stirred in the corner. Time didn't mean much to little Yenzal anymore, what with the endless amount of studying that had become her most recent life. Whatever was left of it was devoted to sleeping. Disturbed, uncomfortable sleeping. There weren't many dreams, just short, blurred colours that didn't resemble anything, really. She was surprised that the constant reading didn't evolve into nightmares of words chasing her down dark corridors, or of spells turning back on her, mass hysteria. Maybe tomorrow.

    "Yenzal, my dear, where are you?"

    Her whiskers twitched as she forced her eyes open, finding herself curled up within 'The Book of Ageless Potions - Voume 2' in the corner. She'd done it again. Darn it.

    "Sorry, Professor," she purred, stretching herself as far as she could, "I must have forgotten to use my alarm spell last night."

    Tag: DarthXan
  22. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Right, here we go ...


    IC: Jinjur and the Ruby Guard
    Location: Dry River Bed

    The contingent's formation had dissolved in the explosion. To their credit, though, those who stayed behind to protect the Starfallen held their ground. The one closest to Mike placed a hand on his shoulder in a silent gesture of comfort, eyes worriedly scanning the dust cloud.

    "General?" came a call from the other side of the encampment. "Are you out there?"

    For a long and scary moment, there was no reply.

    Then came a shout of "Here." The dustball had settled enough for the surrounding people to catch sight of Jinjur, a little dusty but no worse for wear, in a knot of Ruby Guardswomen whose injuries ranged from minor to really bad. Nobody had actually gotten blown up by the cannonball, thankfully, and no injuries had been sustained that wouldn't be healed after a few days.

    "Take cover," the General shouted, waving everyone towards the canyon walls. Her people hurried to comply.

    None too soon: the cannon went BOOM! again. This time one hapless guardswomen disappeared into the explosion. The rest shot ruby fire up the canyon walls ... but to no avail. If anyone was looking closely, they might be able to see a lone figure duck back under cover.

    And then their climber made it to the top. She scrambled over the lip and disappeared ... there was the sound of magical blasts and a male shriek ... and then she reappeared, waving. "All clear," she shouted down.

    They were safe once again.

    TAG: Anne, Dubya, Mitth_Fisto, Ktala, Starfallen
  23. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum

    Another BOOM. An explosion. Fire. More debris. Magical blasts.

    Mike was beginning to think that these Ruby Guardswomen, who were apparently supposed to be protecting them, didn't actually care about them at all. This path seemed to be getting pretty dangerous.

    Mike swore, fanning the debris away from his face. "How much more of this do we have to take? Can't we get the hell out of here?"

    TAG: People in the dry river bed battle...

  24. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    Great Valley Bed

    For a few tense moments, there was no response to Avani?s call, but then: ?Here.? The dust cleared enough that Avani could see the General, amidst a knot of injured Ruby Guardswomen. Some were not so bad. Others? The Leopard grimaced, but the expression was not born out of the pain of her own wound. At least none had been killed, and?

    Yes, the Starfallen were there, as well?their slightly odd attire made them easier to pick out of the group. None of them seemed hurt, thankfully.

    ?Take cover,? Jinjur shouted, waving her troops towards the walls. Avani ducked back under cover, as the cannon fired again. Some of the Ruby Guards attempted to use their staffs against the operator, but still no one was able to get a clear shot. Then Avani?s companion reached the top, and a moment later, there was the sound of a magical blast, a man screaming, then nothing. The Ruby Guard re-appeared at the edge, waving to the others. ?All clear.?

    Avani nodded to the woman. ?Come back down,? she called as she emerged from the cover of the trees. The debris was settling again; Avani sneezed, then stopped to shake the dust from her fur, before limping on towards Jinjur and her group. ?I?m sorry, General,? she began, her tail drooping behind her. ?Scarecrow sent me to make sure the way was clear for you?we got all the troops down here, but we didn?t see the cannon operator in time??

    Tag: People in the Dry River Bed, GM
  25. Mitth_Fisto Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 5
    Norghar the Tinkerer
    Dry River Bed

    As he ducked into cover, just in time to avoid another deadly blast from the cannon, he quietly wished he hadn't taken that side road just for a look at thes starfallen bafoons!

    Looking up at the starfallen he slowly shook his head until he heard the call of all clear, "Yes the way sounds clear now." bending down he called into his pocket, "All clear it's won, battle is done."

    TAG: Ktala, People in dry river battle
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.