1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: I'm putting a 48 hr call out. Next post will be up on Friday. Its time to start the next chapter, and get you guys into the Quadling Story Arc. :)

    -I_H
  2. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Dry River Bed

    As Alera played with her new toy, she heard the tinkerer's voice above her tell her:

    "All clear it's won, battle is done."

    Alera replied to Norghar, as she marveled over her darkened bit of glass.

    "That is so very good to here, so hopefully now the coast is clear.
    I hope these ladies do know the way, to someplace safe, were we can stay,
    These Starfallen are far too silly to me, but maybe the good lady knows something more than me,
    So I will stay here, and play with this gift, for my dreams are too strange to try and sleep with!"

    Alera gave a loud burp. All of the bouncing around was getting to her. But the nasty sun, even with her new toy, was still nothing she wanted to greet. So she was content to peek out from the pocket, looking out through the darkened glass, like it was some type of umbrella. She looked at the scene around her, and wondered where the red lady guards would be taking everyone to next. She glanced over, taking a peek at the Starfallen. Where was that one with the big sparkley gone to? Ahh, there they were. Yes, Alera giggled softly to herself, as she thought about new toys.


    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Stuck up Starfallen, GM's
  3. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    And herein ends Chapter Three, where the brave Starfallen have survived their dangerous trek into the wilderness, and arrive in the friendly territory of Quadling

    IC: The Story
    Location: Quadling Country

    And so it came to pass, that the trap set for the Starfallen in the dry riverbed was foiled, though not without its fair share of injury to both sides. The cannon was disabled, the survivors rounded up, and the party trekked forward, now deeply into the safe, rebel territory of Quadling.

    Jinjur had thanked Avani for her help in the issue, and did not make much of a scene about the wounded. She understood that there would be casualties for all operations against the Emperor, and this was just one more such event.

    Soon the unified group emerged from the bed, and then came up and out towards the grand Eastern Fort. The fort was one not unlike those that peppered the American wilderness when the young nation was expanding. It had big, thick wooden walls, crowned with four look-out towers, and cannons along all sides. As the group rode towards this mighty fort, its large wooden doors opened up, and the riders and Starfallen rode inside, stopping in the large open area as all designs tended to have.

    As everyone was disembarking, the group could see a variety of people around them. Most were normal looking soldiers, men and women both, in green uniform outfits similar to what Jinjur rode in. These people held a variety of weapons, from bayonets to muskets. There was a rare Ruby Guard scattered here and there, but these people for the most part were definitely something else entirely.

    And then, to those who had scene MGM's movie, the most amazing sight of all! An animated scarecrow, The Scarecrow, coming out of his private quarters, bedecked with almost as much medals and regalia as Jinjur wore. The other people around them slowed to stop, watching this scene as it unfolded. They were intrigued by these mysterious newcomers from the sky.

    "Ah, you all have made it!" Scarecrow said, almost completely falling over himself in joy. "Ah that is such wonderful news, it really is. Congratulations to you all!"

    Jinjur nodded and smiled as she dismounted her horse with the grace and agility of a true cavalrywoman.

    "Oh and look, the Starfallen! My I haven't seen a Starfallen myself since Dorothy! And now look, so many of them! How wonderful, simply wonderful!"

    He moved in to the group, shaking hands.

    "A pleasure to meet you sir!" he said, his strawy glove shaking Mikes hand. "Ah this is so exciting."

    Jinjur brushed her hair aside.

    "I presume you have room for these guys to rest and recouperate Scarecrow?"

    Scarecrow turned his attention away from the Starfallen, then back to them.

    "But of course! Please avail yourself of any of our amenities! You all are celebrated guests of the East Fortress. We had food to eat, warm beds in which to sleep, activities to keep you busy, and anything else you may want!"

    Jinjur let it stand at that. She had more important things to take care of now.

    "Scarecrow, if you could escort me to your summoning crystal. I believe Glinda should be notified."

    "Ah yes, of course General. Please, this way!"

    And suddenly, the Starfallen found themselves quite unhindered! After a good day or two under Jinjur's watchful eye, they now could do whatever they so pleased within the fort.

    TAG: Use your imagination!

    IC: Prof. Trupple
    Location: Shiz University, Shiz

    Professor Trupple smiled as the Cat came in. Despite the occasional show of laziness, Yenzal was actually rather skilled. He enjoyed the company, and was pleased even more to have his assistant be a cat. He knew of the talk around the university. How animals were not as good as humans were when it came studies. Yenzal stood as one of the many happy instances disproving the prejudice.

    Trupple took a large ladle and dipped it into his cauldron. He transferred the lapel worth of potion into a separate container and corked it the tube.

    "Not a problem dear Yenzal. You have co/>
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Quadling fort


    A scarecrow came stumbling out of one of the buildings. A scarecrow? Wow...this really was just like the movie...

    Mike stood there and watched him. It was really a scarecrow? Not an actor in a costume?

    "A pleasure to meet you sir!" the Scarecrow said, his strawy glove shaking Mike's hand. "Ah this is so exciting."

    "Yeah, yeah," Mike said. "Nice to meet you too." As he squeezed the Scarecrow's hand, it felt as though there was an actual hand under there...but at the same time, he could feel the straw poking his palm through the glove.

    Then Jinjur and the Scarecrow walked away together. Mike watched them.

    He managed to crack a little smile at the Scarecrow. Maybe this could be kinda fun.

    TAG: All at the fort...
  5. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort

    Jinjur hadn?t made much of a fuss over Avani?s failure to disable the cannon before her arrival at the site, so the Leopard tried not to dwell on it as she journeyed back to the fort. As eager as she was to please her superiors, she always knew in the back of her mind that, like everyone else, she was going to make mistakes here and there. And as important as that lesson was, it was equally important to try to avoid those mistakes. Especially in times like these.

    The trip was uneventful from there, and Avani allowed herself a sigh of relief as the group reached the Eastern Fort. The Scarecrow greeted the Starfallen quite enthusiastically, and allowed them to do as they pleased within the Fort, before escorting Jinjur inside so that she could contact Glinda.

    He did not say anything to Avani, so she took it to mean that she, too, was left to her own devices?she wasn?t going to be of much use at the moment, anyway; not until her leg was fully healed. By now, the pain was no longer constant, but the leg still felt sore when she put weight on it.

    She dismissed her two Ruby Guards?the injured woman was promptly taken inside by her companion, to recover in her own quarters. Avani herself also wandered away from the group, but she didn?t go far. There was a tree nearby, in which Avani usually slept during her off-duty time. Climbing it probably wasn?t a good idea right now, but lying under it was just as good. ?If you should need anything, or have any questions,? she addressed the Starfallen, ?don?t hesitate to ask.?

    Tag: People in the Eastern Fort, GM
  6. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Quadling Country

    Alera played with her new little bobble until she felt sleepy once more, and nodded off in a happy state of sleep. This time, she didnt see any strangeness and such. No noisy cannons to rattle her awake, and so she was able to get a good deal of rest this time, softly giggling from time to time, as she tossed in her sleep, as she dreamed of Elderberries.

    When she woke up, she noticed that her companion was not rocking anymore. So he was not actively walking or riding a horse, so she took a peek out from his pocket.

    BUILDINGS?!!!

    Ah, they were someplace new. She used her new 'shade' to take a peek around, but she didnt leave her safe pocket until Norghar went inside of a building. Away from the Suns light, she gave a small laugh, clapping her hands together.

    "At last, there is no sun on me, so I may look about and see...
    and perhaps find a bit of wine for me!"

    Alera launched herself from his pocket, to take a look around. She was careful to put his keepsake carefully in her pouch. She found a ledge to sit at, and look around. She was desperately looking for something to drink, not wanting to drain her own wineskin just yet. She gave a sniff in the air. Perhaps she could find something interesting that way? She let her nose lead her, as she look at the new people in this new place, and hoped that these people were MUCH more friendly than the Starfallen, who seemed to be rather stuck up, and much to silly acting for her tastes.



    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Starfallen, anyone else still breathing...GM's
  7. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Quadling Country

    Being past the scare of the Canyon he relaxed most of the trip in silence, and then in silent thanksgiving when the fort loomed before them, it's large gates opening to accept them in.

    At the sight he nearly rapped on his pocket to let Alera the Tottenhot know, but her rest was important. She needed what she could find during the day to be ready and active at night, for that was the Tottenhot way.

    He stood there after dismounting for a time, just taking the sight in, it had been how long since this Kangaroo Rat had been in Quadling? One or two seasons at least, but after this ordeal it felt so much better to be within these wooden walls. A slight rustling at his waist as the starfallen went about their business, whatever they wanted to make of it, let him know that his pocket Tottenhot was waking.

    Best to get to darker indoors, but which doors to go in? The field was wide open within the fort and he took some thought before he decided on what appeared to pass a local inn/tavern combo. A dark room for the Tottenhot if she tired of his apron, and a meal to fill his stomach...just what should be.

    As Alera shot from his pocket he chuckled a bit himself as he looked around, trying to spy if he had understood the look of this place properly, his nose teasing the air for any hint of grain. Whiskers twitching freely as he took a tentative hop deeper into whatever place this was that he had found.

    TAG: Ktala, Starfallen, Whomever, GM
  8. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Quadling


    Oddly enough, after everything they had been through, Mike was still amazed. This new place in which they had arrived looked pretty incredible.

    They had been traveling for quite some time, not to mention being ambushed in a dried up river. Even for an athlete that was quite a journey. He had to rest, even if it was for a brief moment.

    Mike wondered over to a bench that sat outside one of the buildings. He plopped down onto it and set the hockey stick bag next to him. He leaned his head back and relaxed his body. Ohhh...it felt good to sit down...

    TAG: GM's, Starfallen, anyone in Quadling...
  9. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Update coming in about 48 hrs or so. Might be me, might be Xan. Everyone is also more than invited to join my second game, The Disney RPG 2: Fall of Shadows, now running parallel to this fine establishment. I expect to have room for both games in my schedule, so this game should in no way be negatively impacted over the next coming months. I still am very excited to continue this adventure with everyone! :)

    -I_H
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    Inside someplace to eat hopefully, Quadling Country

    Alera perched herself someplace high, as she looked around the building that Norghar had chosen. She looked around, as she looked for something wonderful to catch her attention. Norghar was busy, his nose high into the air, as it twitched about, as if sniffing the air. He took a tentative hop deeper into whatever place this was that he had found.

    Alera fluttered down, to hover next to him, as she also looked about. She gently landed on his shoulder, as she peered about, her wings gently stirred the air about, as she slowly flapped them. Norghar was a fun sort to hang around, but he had been quite quiet since they had left the city. He probably had not meant to come for THIS kind of adventure, and was probably not feeling the same thing she was. But even Alera had to admit she was kind of disappointed.

    For as long as she could remember, when she had been but a tiny sprite, she had heard stories of the one called Dorothy, and how the land had been before. How nice she had been, and told stories, and all kinds of nice and lovely things.

    Not like THESE Starfallen.

    Maybe because it was so many of them. They were cranky. Rude. Ignored helpful advice. Complained. Called people names, tried to stomp on her.. No, nothing like she had heard about the one called Dorothy. Maybe they just didnt travel together well in packs? While she certainly had a story in the making here, she wasnt too sure about where it was heading. And that very strange dream. Pieces of metal. It seemed so familiar, from some old stories, but Alera would have to sit down and think about them. But right now, food was more interesting to her stomach. She gave a long sigh.

    "I think that first upon are list, is a find a place that can serve us a dish,
    and once we've had both food and drink, I think a chat is what I wish!" Alera told him softly, as she waited to see what type of building they had found.



    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Starfallen, anyone who wants to talk, GM's
  11. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Quadling Country


    Explosions, traps, and now a talking scarecrow. Annie briefly considered freaking out again, but pushed it down. After all, this was what was supposed to be "normal" in this place.

    After greeting the Scarecrow, who Annie had noticed mentioned this Dorothy girl like others had, Annie wandered around. All the rebellion members seemed to be minding their own business. Annie found herself walking over to a bench where Mike had sat. She slumped down next to him.

    "Do you think that this trip could get anymore exciting?"

    TAG: Mike, any
  12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Quadling


    He heard someone approach and sit next to him. Mike opened his eyes to find the young Annie North.

    "Do you think that this trip could get anymore exciting?" she asked him.

    "Oh, I'm sure it can," he responded. "I'm getting the feeling that we didn't crash land on an island, but rather in a whole different world. There's probably a lot more places to explore out there."

    He watched the odd creatures walking past. He looked back at Annie. "How are you holding up through all this excitement and craziness? You doing okay?"

    TAG: Annie, any others...
  13. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Norghar the Tinkerer
    Inside a Building in Quadling Fortress

    As the Tottenhot alight on his shoulder, breaking his sinus'icular exploration he nodded at her words.

    "Indeed indeed this is too what I wish, for a chat come after a dish." He knew he was slurring slightly but the sweet foods of that blue forest were playing havoc with his undelicate internal natures. Which were starting to complain through grumbles that to his round sensitive ears sounded most loud.

    "I hope it is found quick, or I am worth not a lick." he added in a slightly bothered manner as his tail twitched behind him high in the air.

    TAG: Ktala, GM, Any
  14. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    IC: Ruby Guardswoman
    Location: The Eastern Fort

    ?If you should need anything, or have any questions,? Avani had told the Starfallen, ?don?t hesitate to ask.?

    The Starfallen, however, seemed to not have any questions. They wandered off in small groups, some slumping on benches, others merely wandering off to explore. The Guardswoman watched this with an entirely unsurprised air. She had been part of Jinjur's force and, having escorted them all the way from Munchkinland, had seen this sort of behaviour from them before.

    "Bit of a strange bunch," the Guardswoman told Avani, shouldering her weapon with a sigh. "It's a good thing you were there to clear the way for us. I wouldn't have liked to try and defend 'em against cannons..."

    TAG: Anne

    IC: Fort Steward
    Location: The Eastern Fort

    The Steward was peeved. All these guests - Scarecrow hadn't told him to expect anyone new today! And certainly not so many! There were preparations to be made, guest quarters to air out, baths to be run, food to be cooked ...

    "Quickly now," he scolded a passing attendant, who did not deserve to be scolded - the attendants were as frazzled as he was and they were doing the best they could - but it made the Steward feel happier to be contributing something. "There's no time to waste!"

    "Yes, sir." The attendant shifted her hastily-piled platter of finger foods and scurried off. A biscuit threatened to fall.

    The Steward opened his mouth to admonish her to be careful, then realised the contradictory nature of his instructions and shut it again. Instead, he merely watched as the attendant trotted briskly up to a pair of Starfallen that had plopped down on a bench just outside the Fort.

    "Cookie?" she offered them.

    TAG: Dubya, Twinky

    IC: Innkeeper
    Location: The Eastern Fort

    To be entirely truthful, the innkeeper of The Silver Platter had not actually been an innkeeper for some time. Being in the middle of a fort did that to you - everyone trooping in and out was a soldier, and soldiers had no need of lodgings. But he did still run a mean bar and kitchen, and even soldiers had to eat something other than army chow after a while. Thus The Silver Platter had survived, and even thrived, even as the Rebellion's Eastern Fort grew up around its (proverbial) ears.

    A jingle at his door made him look up. Aha! A ewcomer! And a newcomer not in uniform! Newcomers were relatively rare to begin with - one who wasn't wearing Glinda's colours even rarer.

    He hurried over. "Welcome, welcome!" he greeted the Kangaroo Rat that had entered his fine establishment. "What can I get you today?"

    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Ktala/>/>
  15. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum

    "Cookie?" the steward offered.

    Mike's stomach suddenly grumbled at the mention of food. It had been a while since he had eaten. He glanced at Annie, then back at the steward.

    He shrugged. "Sure."

    TAG: Annie, Fort Steward...
  16. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Location: The Silver Platter

    Taking in the excited fellow that had come up to him, nose twitching slightly. "A bowl of dry grain, and a small cup of wine, good sir if your able. As for her..." With that mention for the shop keepers oversight of the Tottenhot on his shoulder, he raised a hand to that shoulder as an invitation for Alera to speak up.

    It seemed like weeks now, to remember when he had last seen her eat or even drink, but such was the life of fugitives on the run for their lives he guessed. Although he did begin to wonder...was Glinda going to cover the tab or did they have to pay themselves?

    TAG: Ktala, Any coming to Silver Platter, GM
  17. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter

    A REAL INN!!!

    Alera was thrilled beyond belief. Areal Inn was something she didnt think to see in a long time. She watched as the Innkeeper all but ran over towards them.

    "Welcome, welcome!" he greeted the Kangaroo Rat that had entered his fine establishment. "What can I get you today?"

    Norghar spoke to the man, nose twitching slightly. "A bowl of dry grain, and a small cup of wine, good sir if your able. As for her..." With that he raised a hand to that shoulder as an invitation for Alera to speak up.

    Alera's wings flapped so fast they nearly hummed as she smiled at the Innkeeper. "A mug of wine, Good Innkeeper of mine, and a plate of your finest bread and veggies to dine, or soup, whichever that will be most fine!!" she replied, smiling broadly, as she gave the man a small bow.

    She quickly flew over to a table, and grinned as she sat on its edge, as she waited for what she considered a feast. She waved to Norghar as she laughed softly.


    TAG: Mitth_Fisto Any coming to Silver Platter, GM,
    's

  18. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North


    "Ummm......yeah. Thanks, I guess."
    Annie took the biscuit, but just held it in her hands.

    "I'm fine. I mean, I'm tired and a little peeved off at everything that's happened so far. And also there was the whole dying thing. But other than that I'm okay."

    She ate the biscuit, not realising how hungry she was. It tasted odd. Not bad, just....odd.

    "Do you think they're ever gonna explain to us about what exactly is going on? I mean yeah there's some kind of rebellion and an evil empire and we're all meant to save the world or something. But that's not exactly much for us to go on y'know"


    TAG: Dubya, any
  19. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum

    "Do you think they're ever gonna explain to us about what exactly is going on? I mean yeah there's some kind of rebellion and an evil empire and we're all meant to save the world or something. But that's not exactly much for us to go on y'know," Annie said, expressing her concern.

    "I know what you mean," Mike said. "There's a lot that's going unanswered." He took a bite of the cookie. "It's kind of scary, in a way. We outsiders...er, Starfallen they're calling us...aren't sure what's a safe haven and what's not. Empire... Rebellion... I'd like to hear both sides and what they're doing before I choose a side to fight for." He paused. "What am I saying? I don't even want to fight this war. I just wanna go home."

    TAG: Twinky, GM's...
  20. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    The Silver Platter

    Alera's wings flapped so fast they nearly hummed as she smiled at the Innkeeper, creating a small hum in Norghar's ear. "A mug of wine, Good Innkeeper of mine, and a plate of your finest bread and veggies to dine, or soup, whichever that will be most fine!!" she replied, smiling broadly, as she gave the man a small bow.

    She quickly flew over to a table, and grinned as she sat on its edge, as she waited for what she considered a feast. She waved to Norghar as she laughed softly.

    Nodding to the Inn Keeper as a that is all gesture, he quickly hopped his way over to the table that Alera had reserved with her presence. Sliding into a chair, with a bit of positioning to make sure his tail was able to slide out without getting sat on he quickly wiggled into a comfortable position.

    "I hope the food is already preppared..." remembering the Tottenhot he was with he quickly set about mending his words, "It would not do to have before a meal napped."

    TAG: Ktala, GMs, Any coming to Silver Platter
  21. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    OOC: With permission from The Imp...

    Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter

    Alera's flew over to a table, and grinned as she sat on its edge, as she waited for what she considered a feast. She waved to Norghar as she laughed softly. Nodding to the Inn Keeper Norghar the Tinkerer quickly hopped his way over to the table that Alera had reserved with her presence. Sliding into a chair, with a bit of positioning to make sure his tail was able to slide out without getting sat on he quickly wiggled into a comfortable position.

    Alera turned to face him, tucking her wings away, as she hoped the wine would come over quickly. After their most horrible trek, she was quite thrilled to think that she would soon have wine to drink. She noticed, that not a SINGLE STARFALLEN, had come to the Inn. She gave a soft snort. They quickly left her mind, as Norghar spoke to her.

    "I hope the food is already prepared..." he then suddenly changed his wording. "It would not do to have before a meal napped."

    Alera laughed softly. "I appreciate the wonderful way, that you have worked to talk my say, but you dont have to work all the time, to speak like me, or stay in rhyme. For you are my friend, and I like you just fine!"

    Alera said with a wide grin, as she tucked her wings under her cloak as someone came over with two large mugs filled with drink. Alera stood up, her face over the mug, as she inhaled deeply. What met her nose made her most happy indeed!!

    With a happy 'thump' she sat down on the table. She then hoisted up the mug, and with a happy grin, brought it to her lips. As she began to drink her wings began to flap happily once more, as she took her first happy gulp of drink. As her wings hummed, she sat the mug back down, and looked over at Norghar, smiling happily.


    "No more walking, no more stink,
    no more shooting and bad dreams to think!
    Now we sit, and drink good wine,
    And once fthe food is here, we can chat and dine!
    ..
    And forget those snooty Starfallen till another time!"


    With that, Alera laughed softly, and looked over at Norghar, very happy to have found the Inn.


    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, GMs, Any coming to Silver Platter... hint hint! :p


  22. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Update in 48 or so!
  23. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: What do you mean by "hint hint"? :p Want other people in there, eh? It appears that me and Twinky are the only "Starfallen" left! :eek: What happened to everyone else?



    IC: Mike Biccum

    That cookie-thing he had been given had suddenly sparked his hunger. There was a growling in his stomach.

    He stood up off the bench and turned to Annie. "Whaddya say we find something to eat. I'm starving!" The first building he looked at had a Silver Platter sign out front. "Silver Platter?" he read the sign aloud. "There's gotta be food in there."

    He picked up his stick bag and headed for the door. "Come on, let's eat," he said, waving Annie North to follow.

    Mike reached the door, pushed it open, and was greeted with everyone singing happily. Were they all drunk? After all, he was a hockey player, and that's what he was used to seeing...

    TAG: Annie North, GM's, Folks at the Silver Platter... :p/>
  24. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    IC: Time
    Location: Throughout time and space

    The sun slowly inched towards the horizon in Southern lands of Quadling. It had been quite some time now since the crew had departed from the Blue Forest, and it is truly amazing how quick time can fly when one finds themselves in the friendly fort in the East. A large number of the Starfallen, and indeed the fort inhabitants, find themselves in the Silver Platter. There, of course, are the guards on duty. But at night, in the happy land of Quadling, the residence still tried to enjoy themselves. Like how it was before the time of the Empire. Before the land became a pariah within Oz.


    IC: Glinda the Good Witch of the South
    Location: The Eastern Fort

    The guards on the ramparts could see her coming. The savior of the South, traveling in her trademark bright pink bubble. It was a source of joy and hope to all the lands, and there were some scattered cheers as people saw it float over the wall, and land gracefully in the Fort's Center Court. The bubble expanded, thinned, and Glinda strode forth. She wore the same pink dress she did when she greeted Dorothy, all those years ago. The Witch wasn't exactly a superstitious woman, but she figured it never hurt to wear the dress when welcoming Starfallen. She always hoped that there might be another Dorothy waiting for her. Perhaps there would be one here?

    The woman walked towards the Silver Platter Inn, already knowing that they were in there. An advantage of being magical, amongst many. She could see two Ruby Guardswomen striding across the court. As her bodyguard and elite troop, they were sworn to protect her, and thus to be nearby her as much as possible.

    "Please ladies" she said, her voice high and twinkling, "There is no danger here."

    The Ruby Guards bowed low, and took sentry positions outside the doorway of the Silver Platter as the Witch entered the Inn.

    To an outsider, she certainly must have seemed like a celebrity. The people near her hushed as she entered, which of course cascaded around the room, until the Inn was silent and watching her. They were happy, but also in awe of who had just came in. The Good Witch rarely came so far out from her home in the Ruby Lands, so a good deal of the soldiers there had never seen their "Commander in Chief", so to say, in person.

    Glinda couldn't help but laugh, a bright happy one that made you feel right at ease just listening to it.

    "Oh, please don't mind me."
    she said with a large smile. "Continue with your revelry noble Quadlings, I did not mean to cause a stir."

    The conversation slowly picked back up again at her order, and the Witch, her bright dress making her stand out like something fierce, made her way to the table that many of the Starfallen were sitting at. As she was approaching, Jinjur, who was sitting at the side of the bar nearest to the table, and Scarecrow, who was with her, got up and also approached.

    Soon the Starfallen had a regular crowd of visitors. Jinjur and Scarecrow just sort of quietly pulled up chairs, but it really was Glinda that addressed the group when she arrived.

    "And so here you are, my brave Starfallen. And some the equally brave natives who managed to have gotten caught up in this whole affair. I've heard so much about you all. Welcome to Quadling, I am Glinda, the Good Witch of the South and Supreme Ruler of these lands. My apologies for the roughness of your trip, the Emperor is truly a troublesome foe."

    The woman looked over the long wooden table of faces.

    "Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? Clothing? Answers? I'm anxious to make up for any rudeness and inconvenience your trip here has caused."

    She left the question floating on the breeze for whoever wanted to answer it to pick up.

    TAG: Starfallen, Native Ozians, Anyone else/>
  25. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Silver Platter


    He had been sitting at the Starfallen table, drinking something that tasted good, when the Good Witch walked in.

    Mike turned. There was a sudden glow to the room when she entered. It was like something out of a fairytale. She was so beautiful. Something about this magical woman captivated him. He couldn't take his eyes off her. It wasn't because he was attracted to her... There was something else about her. But he just couldn't place it. Maybe that's part of her magic?

    Intently listening to what she had to say, Mike stared at her, holding his drink.

    "Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? Clothing? Answers? I'm anxious to make up for any rudeness and inconvenience your trip here has caused."

    Mike, finally able to look away from her, glanced at the others, who didn't seem to be saying anything. He put his drink on the table and stood up. "Uh, yeah, I've got a question, Your Majesty." He paused. Was that the right thing to call her? "What is all this?" He had his arms out, as if indicating the entire land of Oz. "Why are we here? And more importantly, how do we get back home?"

    TAG: Glinda, others at Silver Platter...
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.