main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter, The East Fort, Quadling

Alera sat happily on the table at the Silver Platter, her wings beating like mad, as she happily slurped down a huge mug of ale. She was happy and content now.

She even noticed that the Starfallen had managed to make their way to the Inn as well, and began to sit down and eat. As Alera happily explored the contents of her plate, she noted that the sun was finally starting to fall. She was ecstatic! The Silver Platter was truly alive now, something that Ariel was quite glad to see. Her friend the tinker, so far her only one on this trip, seemed a bit down and sad. She really didnt know what to do for him, so she kept her own spirits up, while trying to keep his up as well.

So, Alera took to eating her meal, giggling softly as she did. She knew that they would talk soon, so Alera spent her time, savoring her meal, and the good drink.

Suddenly in the middle of lifting the huge mug up to her face she froze, her eyes growing large as a look of pure shock came over her face.

MAGIC.

LOTS of MAGIC! So much magic, that she had never felt that much magic coming together from one spot in her young life before. Her eyes scanned the area. NOBODY had that much magic in them.. Well, Almost nobody. There were only a few people in her mind, who could possibly weld so much magic and ...

And then someone entered the Inn.

The people near her hushed as she entered, which of course cascaded around the room, until the Inn was silent and watching her. She wore pink. LOTS of pink. Could it be her?!?!?!?

The woman laughed, a bright happy one that made you feel right at ease just listening to it. If Alera eyes werent large enough, they seemed to have grown even larger. THAT LAUGH! Only ONE person, she knew had that laugh. And wore that much pink. The stories of the woman ran among her people like wildfire. She had never seen the woman herself, but she had heard enough stories to piece it all together.

IT WAS HER!

"Oh, please don't mind me." she said with a large smile. "Continue with your revelry noble Quadlings, I did not mean to cause a stir."

Alera watched the woman make her way to the table, the bright pink dress seeming to float along.. The lady guard and the funny Scarecrow man got up and walked over to the table as well.

"And so here you are, my brave Starfallen. And some the equally brave natives who managed to have gotten caught up in this whole affair. I've heard so much about you all. Welcome to Quadling, I am Glinda, the Good Witch of the South and Supreme Ruler of these lands. My apologies for the roughness of your trip, the Emperor is truly a troublesome foe."

'She called them BRAVE natives!' Alera smiled.

The woman looked over the long wooden table of faces.

"Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? Clothing? Answers? I'm anxious to make up for any rudeness and inconvenience your trip here has caused."

One of the Starfallen had spoke up then. He was one of the first ones who had come into the inn.

"Uh, yeah, I've got a question, Your Majesty." He paused. He had his arms out, as if indicating the entire land of Oz. "Why are we here? And more importantly, how do we get back home?"

'Why, that was a rude question! Or was it? After all these Starfallen had just gotten here. Didnt they like their lovely world? Perhaps...'

"Eeeek!"

Alera suddenly let out a tiny shriek. She had forgotten all about her drink, having been totally entranced with the magic coming from the woman, before she even arrived. It was soooo powerful, and beautiful, and ...

..she was suddenly reminded that gravity was still alive and well within the Inn, when the drink she had forgotten about suddenly poured down on her head like a mini waterfall, making a small puddle around her.

Suddenly aware of the tiny outburst she had made, and even more embarrassing, dunking herself with her rather tasty wine, in front of the most beautiful and magic

2. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Annie North

As she nodded and followed Mike into The Silver Platter Annie considered the hockey player. He seemed a decent sort of bloke and, like many of the Starfallen, just wanted to go home. Annie didn't have the heart to tell him that she had the strong feeling that there wasn't a way home for them. Then again if they didn't try, they would never know for sure would they?

She sat down on the bench and looked around at the Oz natives who were partying it up. There didn't seem to Annie much to be celebrating at the moment. Then again, she supposed that when there was some kind of war going on they had to celebrate the little victories any chacne they got.

It was then that a woman in a large pink dress came in. Annie's mouth dropped open as she gaped. She couldn't help it. The woman who came in seemed to be glowing with something. Was it magic?

"Oh, please don't mind me." she said with a large smile. "Continue with your revelry noble Quadlings, I did not mean to cause a stir."

Annie needed to stifle a laugh then. This woman had waltzed in here in a giant pink dress, clearly some kind of important figure from the reactions of the Oz people and then she said that she had no intention of causing a stir.

"And so here you are, my brave Starfallen. And some the equally brave natives who managed to have gotten caught up in this whole affair. I've heard so much about you all. Welcome to Quadling, I am Glinda, the Good Witch of the South and Supreme Ruler of these lands. My apologies for the roughness of your trip, the Emperor is truly a troublesome foe."

How much could this Glinda woman know about them exactly? Then again, she did just say she was a witch. Still she was some kind of ruler and she was against this evil Emperor, so that at least meant she would help them. Also there was something familiar about her voice, something Annie couldn't quite place.

"Can I get you anything? Food? Drink? Clothing? Answers? I'm anxious to make up for any rudeness and inconvenience your trip here has caused."

Food, drink, clothing, answers. After everything that had happened Annie was eager for all those things. She was tired of wearing the bar wench top. Before she could say anything, Mike got in there.

"Uh, yeah, I've got a question, Your Majesty." He paused and had his arms out. "Why are we here? And more importantly, how do we get back home?"

Ok, that was a little more blunt than Annie was going to be. She got up quickly and gave a little bob, hoping it looked like a curtsy.

"What we mean is, Your Majesty, is that I don't think any of us are sure how we could even be any help to you. I mean, I'm an archeology student. I can tell you anything you like about Celtic or Native American stone carvings, but fighting in some kind of rebellion? Not so much."

Annie looked down and around at the others in the inn. Clearly some of them thought that hers and Mike's behaviour was less than respectful.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know if we're really who you think we are."

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Dubya Scott, others at Silver Platter.

3. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Norghar the Tinkerer
    The Silver Plater

Sipping his wine he washed down the latest dryness of the grains and side order of nuts he had added on a whim. He was nearly to the point of ordering carrots, if anyone wanted to know how down and reminiscent on things he didn't have had gotten.

Alera was her bubbly upbeat self, all throughout the meal, he wouldn't have been shocked if actuall bubbles of happiness started sputtering from her happily flapping wings. Even after the place filled with Starfallen ilk, Ruby guards, locals, and the...

She was here!

Even someone untrained and snowblind to magic would have been able to feel her precense. Turning his head he watched her come in, Glinda the Good Witch of the South...of Quadling.

Popping the large nut that he had been holding out of reflex of a want to do as the Good Witch said his eyes stayed fixated on her as she came to the table...their Starfallen infested table! Finally those numbskulls proved good for something, they had garnered them an audience with Glinda.

She could say that agai...wait...she said Brave Natives! He was being called a Brave Native by Glinda the Good!

The starfallen spoke up rather quickly, first one and then the next. Alera's Eeek caught his full attention, though it didn't seem the Starfallen's...surprise of the ages...he leaned forward preparred to help once he saw the wine's unfortunate created predicament.

But Alera had other plans it seemed, for once her bubble of endless glee had shattered and she had flown straight up into the rafters in embarrisment. His head jerking up to follow her through her flight, so at least his sole friend upon this journey he would not loose, he was quickly reminded of the nut he had popped and not chewed lest a sound he missed from Glinda the Good.

Coughing irrately for a moment, he gave himself a good magic enhanced thump on the chest that sent the nut flying out...towards that first speaking starfallens head with all the sticks.

Now if only could shrink as well beyond sinking in his chair, even if it ment rhyming everytime and everywhere a much gladder brave homeless native he would be.

TAG: Ktala, Dubya Scott, Twinky, any at Silver Platter

4. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Silver Platter

As he finished his questions, Annie stood and sort of reiterated what he said...but politely.

"Yeah," Mike said, looking at Annie. "Sorry for being so...blunt." He hesitated. "I'm an athlete, not a soldier."

Suddenly, something hit Mike in the side of the head. "What in..." He turned and glanced at the floor to see what hit him. There was so much stuff on the floor from the patrons that he had no idea what hit him. He looked around the table, wondering what it was, and who threw it.

Maybe it was some bug that flew into him? Or some magical Tinkerbell fairy? Hey, in this land, anything seemed possible. Brushing it off, he turned back to the Good Witch.

TAG: All...

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    co-GM OOC: 48 hour update warning, boys and girls. :)

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare

As Alera sat in the rafter, her wings flapping madly to dry herself, as she used a bit of magic to at least make herself look decent, she listened as the Starfallen spoke up. The man with sticky sticks in his hair spoke first.

"Uh, yeah, I've got a question, Your Majesty." He paused and had his arms out. "Why are we here? And more importantly, how do we get back home?"

Alera's wings stopped moving. The most wonderfully, magical lady in the entire land of OZ..and THIS is how the Starfallen spoke to her? But she didnt seem to take much offense to it. Alera wasnt too sure. It didnt sound nice. The girl who had followed the man in, was at least a bit nicer. She even did a tiny bobbing dance first.

"What we mean is, Your Majesty, is that I don't think any of us are sure how we could even be any help to you. I mean, I'm an archeology student. I can tell you anything you like about Celtic or Native American stone carvings, but fighting in some kind of rebellion? Not so much."

Uh...ar-cake-ology? What was that? The girl liked to look at rocks? Must have been hit in the head by them, when she was younger. The girl looked down and around at the others in the inn.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know if we're really who you think we are." She added.

'THAT was for sure!' Alera thought to herself.

Before Alera could think of anything else, she heard Norghar. He was coughing. He then suddenly gave himself a good magic enhanced thump on the chest that sent the nut flying out...towards that first speaking Starfallens head with all the sticks.

"Yeah," Mike said, looking at Annie. "Sorry for being so...blunt." He hesitated. "I'm an athlete, not a soldier." The silly Starfallen sopped speaking when the nut hit the man on the side of the head. "What in..." He glanced at the floor first, and then looked over at Norghar, who seemed a bit embarrised.

Alera forgot her own discomfort, as she laughed softly. 'Athlete..stinky feet, not a soldier, not too neat'. Alera laughed softly once more, her tiny voice coming from the rafters. She then spoke.

"Silly Starfallen, use your heads,
    Soldiers are easily found and had,
    Dorothy was not a soldier true...
    But she had a heart, and a good mind too.
    And she was not afraid to help others through!"

Alera, had a question she desperately wanted to ask Glinda, but she would have to wait, until hopefully, she would have a tiny chance to ask her.

And being a Tottenhot, a tiny chance was all she would need.

.. now if she only had her mead...

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Dubya Scott, Twinky, any at Silver Platter

7. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort, then the Silver Platter

"Bit of a strange bunch," the Guardswoman told Avani, shouldering her weapon with a sigh. "It's a good thing you were there to clear the way for us. I wouldn't have liked to try and defend 'em against cannons..."

Settling under her tree, the Leopard studied a couple of the Starfallen, a man and a woman, who?d both taken a seat on a nearby bench. They were a bit odd?and a bit rude, from where Avani was standing. She had risked her life (and nearly lost it) for these strangers, because Glinda said they were important?Starfallen always were, even if they didn?t know it when they got here?and thus far, none had even seemed to acknowledge her presence, nevermind a simple ?thanks for your help,? and she was starting to feel a little miffed. Yeah, she?d kind of messed up with the cannon, but all of the Starfallen had made it back to the Fort unhurt, and didn?t that count for something?

At least Jinjur and the other Guardswomen were appreciative. ?We do what we have to,? Avani finally replied, laying her head between her forepaws. ?I just wish we?d been able to get to that cannon sooner.?

She might have fallen asleep, but when she looked up again, the Guardswoman was gone, and so were the two Starfallen on the bench.

A sound drew her attention to the Fort?s outer wall?cheering? What would??

But the reason for the delightful uproar became quite clear, as a bright pink bubble cleared the wall, then landed in the Center Court. It vanished, and in its place stood Glinda, the Witch of the South. Avani already knew why she was here, but, curious as to exactly what she?d say (and what the Starfallen would say) she followed Glinda (at a distance) to the Silver Platter Inn.

There were a large number of soldiers within, but the Starfallen were there as well, and Jinjur and Scarecrow. Glinda was already talking to them as Avani approached and (her leg nearly fully recovered from the bullet wound) hopped into an otherwise-unoccupied booth next to the Starfallen?s table, listening quietly.

Some of the Starfallen seemed entranced by the Witch?s presence at first?Avani herself had been, upon first meeting Glinda when she?d joined the Rebellion?but they quickly began asking questions. One of the first asked?from the man Avani had seen on the bench outside?was how the Starfallen could get back home.

Not only did it seem more than a little rude, it was a bit dismaying?by now, these people had at least some idea of what was going on, and still they had no interest in trying to help. Even after the Emperor had tried to kill them, even after Jinjur, Avani, and a host of Rebellion soldiers had risked their lives to protect them, all they wanted was to go back to whereever they?d come from.

All right, Avani could understand that they wanted to go home, but as she had mentally noted before, Starfallen always did something important when they came to Oz, and, as far as she knew, no such being who?d come before had [i]known[/i], upon arrival, that they were meant to do any such thing.

The discussion continued, and before long, Avani heard a small voice coming from?above them? She had thought she?d seen something fly up there a minute ago, one of those fairy-things, what were they called? [i]Tottenhots[/i].

[i]"Silly Starfallen, use your heads,
    Soldiers are easily found and had,
    Dorothy was not a soldier true...
    But she had a heart, and a good mind too.
    And she was not afraid to help others through!"[/i]

Whether the Starfallen heard or not, Avani couldn?t tell, but she found herself nodding in agreement. ?Dorothy was just a little girl,? she pointed out. ?She didn?t come to Oz [i]planning[/i] to become one of its most celebrated heroes, she just wanted to go home, too. And perhaps it was partly that that made her a hero; the things she did here?meeting the Wizard, defeating the Wicked Witch of the West?she didn?t do them because they were supposed to be unheard of or impossible, she did them because sh

8. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Silver Platter

He didn't hear the fairy up in the rafters, but he certainly heard the big cat's response. Mike turned when he heard the voice. A bit surprised to see a talking cat, he listened.

"...she did them because she believed that she had to in order to get back to Kansas."

"So," he glanced at Annie, then back at the leopard. "We have to do something to get back home?"

TAG: All...

9. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Annie North
    Silver Platter

"Woah, hang on a sec. I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick here." She turned round to the various grumbling patrons, hands held up in defense. Annie considered it a credit to herself that she didn't do a double-take at the sight of a talking leopard.

"I never said that I wouldn't help. I can't speak for Mike here, but I have no intention of just swanning off and leaving you guys like this. All I was saying was that I just don't know how I can be of any help. I'll certainly try though. Ok, I admit I was a bit pissed about being dragged around so much, sorry about that." Turning back to the Witch Annie ran her fingers through her short and very grubby hair. She really needed a bath.

"So what I'm trying, and probably failing, to say your majesty," Annie gave another little curtsy bob, "is that we are grateful to you for saving us. And I do want to repay you somehow. I just.......don't know what to do."

Annie trailed off after that, feeling increasingly foolish. She ruffled her hair again absent mindedly and stared at the floor.

TAG: Any

10. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Apologies for the delay, guys...

IC: Glinda the Good Witch of the South

Glinda gazed gravely around the assembled Starfallen and natives, her expression somehow at odds with the bright pink dress she had on. "My poor Starfallen," she said at last. "I am sorry. Avani and our Tottenhott friend here are correct. I am afraid we have been so caught up in the myth of the Starfallen Saviors that it slipped our minds to explain it to you. We do not have the means to send you home, you see. My magic has no effect beyond the borders of Oz. However ..." the Good Witch's voice trailed off, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Seconds ticked by in silence. Suddenly Glinda let out a girlish giggle. "Oh, goodness, I'm sorry. I was only thinking. There may be a way...

"There is a myth, an old myth, of an ancient gem called the Heart of Emerald. It is a magical artifact of great power, the gem from which Emerald City grew from... the world seed, from which Oz was born. After the land was formed, the leaders of the four countries - Quadling, Munchkin, Gillikin and Winkie - banded together to lock it away, deep inside Emerald City, so it could never be used again. Legend has it that it is still there.

"So."
    Glinda clapped her hands together. Some of the miscellaneous patrons jumped. "If you could retrieve the Heart of Emerald, it's possible that its power may be enough to send you home. But that is something nobody has ever attempted. You would have to retrieve the four keys that were used to lock it away - themselves hidden and protected somewhere in each of the four countries - and then somehow make it into the Emerald City, defeat Emperor Oz, and unlock the Heart."

The Good Witch now looked entirely grave. If they had initially thought her a fairy godmother, she now looked entirely like the respected witch she was. "If you wish to do that," she said seriously, "arrangements can be made. But it would be no mean feat, and I must think about how best to help you. Come to my Palace tomorrow, if you would, and we will discuss it further."

She clapped her hands again. "Please, eat!"

And with that, she was suddenly gone.

TAG: Everyone!

11. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter, The Eastern Fort, Quadling

Glinda gazed gravely around the assembled Starfallen and natives, her expression somehow at odds with the bright pink dress she had on. Alera leaned out a bit, to hear more clearly, her clothing now not so soggy. "My poor Starfallen," she said at last. "I am sorry. Avani and our Tottenhott friend here are correct. I am afraid we have been so caught up in the myth of the Starfallen Saviors that it slipped our minds to explain it to you. We do not have the means to send you home, you see. My magic has no effect beyond the borders of Oz. However ..." the Good Witch's voice trailed off, a thoughtful expression on her face.

Seconds ticked by in silence. Suddenly Glinda let out a girlish giggle. "Oh, goodness, I'm sorry. I was only thinking. There may be a way..."

Alera giggled softly. The Queen's giggle was so...well, so giggly! Glinda continued. "There is a myth, an old myth, of an ancient gem called the Heart of Emerald. It is a magical artifact of great power, the gem from which Emerald City grew from... the world seed, from which Oz was born. After the land was formed, the leaders of the four countries - Quadling, Munchkin, Gillikin and Winkie - banded together to lock it away, deep inside Emerald City, so it could never be used again. Legend has it that it is still there."

A GEM!?!!!!! NOW, Alera was quite interested. A SPARKLY! And OLD SPARKLY!

"So." Glinda clapped her hands together. Some of the miscellaneous patrons jumped. Another giggle. "If you could retrieve the Heart of Emerald, it's possible that its power may be enough to send you home. But that is something nobody has ever attempted. You would have to retrieve the four keys that were used to lock it away - themselves hidden and protected somewhere in each of the four countries - and then somehow make it into the Emerald City, defeat Emperor Oz, and unlock the Heart."

Woah! was THAT all?

The Good Witch now looked entirely grave. "If you wish to do that," she said seriously, "arrangements can be made. But it would be no mean feat, and I must think about how best to help you. Come to my Palace tomorrow, if you would, and we will discuss it further." Come to her palace? REALLY!!?!!! ALL OF THEM!!Alera could nearly SQUEEL with delight at that prospect. To be invited to Glinda, the good witch's palace!! She clapped softly.

Glinda clapped her hands again. "Please, eat!" And with that, she was suddenly gone. Alera nearly fell from her perch. She left! NO! She would now have to wait, to ask her question. She stamped her foot, as she let out her disgruntled comment.

"OH PARLY POO, AND DIMPLED QUAT!
    She up and left, without saying SQUAT!
    And left me a question for tomorrows Thought!"

Alera pouted as she leaped, fluttering back down to the table next to Norghar once more. She sat down next to him, and while giving him a nod. She was still a bit miffed, but now she had her mead once more again, at least. She stared over at the Starfallen, wondering what action...if any, they would do next. She picked up a large chunk of vegetable, and began to chew on it thoughtfully.

TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Twinky_Stryder, Dubya Scott, JediMasterAnne, Everyone!

12. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Silver Platter

He listened to what the Good Witch had to say.

Then she disappeared.

Mike hesitated, contemplating what to do or say next. Something caught his eye, a fairy? He turned to see it flutter down toward one of the land's natives.

"I guess we have no choice, then," he said, looking to the young Annie North. "We apparently need this gem to get home."

They had to visit the Witch's palace tomorrow. He had no idea where that was. It probably wouldn't be as easy as following a yellow brick road. Which means... They would need a native as a guide.

Turning around to look at the table, he said, "We don't know the way to Glinda's palace, so we'll need somebody to take us there. Who's with us?"

TAG: Silver Platter people...

[b]OOC:[/b] Well, now I know what the title "Heart of Emerald" means. [face_tongue]

13. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter, The Eastern Fort, Quadling

As Alera finished chewing on the bit of veggies she had, she picked up her tankard, and once again with her wings flapping furiously, she began to drink deeply from her tankard. She might as well enjoy herself, as it looked as if nothing else would be happening tonight. Tomorrow..

Wow, tomorrow was a trip to Glinda's palace! WOW, she could have never dreamed of every visiting the place. She would be the top Tottenhot tale-weaver for sure now!! Her happy slurping was interrupted when one of the Starfallen spoke up.

"I guess we have no choice, then," he said, looking to a young girl. "We apparently need this gem to get home." Turning around to look at the table, he said, "We don't know the way to Glinda's palace, so we'll need somebody to take us there. Who's with us?"

Alera nearly choked. She found his questions hysterically funny just then. She quickly sat down her drink, least she take another bath, as she turned towards the Starfallen, laughing. She smiled at Norghar for a moment, and held her finger to her face for a moment, grinning wildly, and then she turned, and leaped off the table. As she did, she changed her size, adjusting it to the size of a small child, with wild red hair, and big bright eyes. She folded her wings down, hiding them. She stood in front of the man doing most of the talking, as she spoke up, staying far enough back, in case he felt like dancing a jig, or something, and tried to stomp womp on her.

"Of course, you silly Starfallen roo,
    Whatever did you think they would do?
    After all the work to get you here,
    that they would let you lose your way?"

"The Good Witch Glinda will work her click,
    and popperty boppotity get you there quick,
    So relax and eat and drink while you can,
    for tomorrow You'll be traveling once again..
    And tomorrow, you'll get to learn whats the plan!"

With that, she turned, and with a single leap, landed in a chair next to Norghar. She did into her bag of goodies she had retrieved from the planey, and looked over at Norghar. She was looking for her music thingie, she had found earlier to show Norghar. Perhaps he would cheer up then.

Kicking her legs a bit, Alera hummed as she dug through her pouch of goodies.

"What is a what, a smoking lot, a widdle wat, a burrbery tart, a Tottenhot!" Alera chuckled softly to herself, as she dug through her pouch.

14. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    The Silver Plater

Well, it was certainly something, but he felt sure now he would have to go on foot. The Emerald of Oz's Heart, or the Heart of Emerald center of Oz, many had attempted to name it or rather the idea of such a thing in Shiz University but ultimately those serious minded individuals had left it to philosophy,mythology, and ancient history teachers.

As the Good Witch disappeared he popped back up in his chair to a more upright sitting position, now that was a bit of magic one did not see every day, let alone decade. Glinda it was after all but still it was nothing he would have expected.

Alera had begun a diddy about her question having to waite, his he didn't know if he could ever truly ask. The Starfallen Male quickly fell to being what a professor would have called either dense or a proven assistant. Alera quickly filled that gap before falling back to her now much larger pouch, the fact she was of similar size now to him did give his eyes pause as he smiled briefly as she talked to herself.

Reaching forward he picked up his still nearly full wine, "What she said. Tomorrow and more travel will come soon enough, just hope we keep intact." Downing a large gulp to wet his whistle as well as calm his nerves he went back to attacking his seeds with a well driven spoon and rapid jaws. It just might be the best meal he had had in days, and the first in months that he had ever contemplated with such longing now that he was hungry, though slightly pudgy his short little furred body may be.

TAG: Ktala, Starfallen

15. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Silver Platter

The fairy-thing he had seen moments earlier suddenly grew to the size of a child. Mike took a step back, stunned at what he just saw.

She spoke to him in a rhyming sing-songy voice. The giant fairy said not to worry and just sit and enjoy themselves for the time-being.

Then the other Oz native she sat next to said the same thing.

Mike shook his head. This place was getting weirder and weirder...

TAG: All in Silver Platter...

16. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alrea Blueflare
    The Silver Platter

As Alera picked up her tankard and drank once more, she looked over at the Starfallen. Why is it, that whenever she did decide to get a look at them, they always looked as if their bopperbunnies had suddenly struck a roo? Always, the funny look...

With a sigh, she shook her head, and looked over at her partner and friend Norghar. She popped some more of the fresh vegtables in her mouth, savoring the flavor along with the delicious wine!!! Yes, she was so happy to see her favorite drink, she gave a sigh.

Norghar, was busy sitting in his seat, eagerly munching the seeds in front of him. The Emerald. So many things to think about such a sparkly. She saw Norghar look at her, smiling briefly. She responded with a even bigger smile, as he spoke to the Starfallen.

Reaching forward Norghar picked up his still nearly full wine, "What she said. Tomorrow and more travel will come soon enough, just hope we keep intact." Downing a large gulp to wet his whistle, he went back to attacking his seeds with a well driven spoon and rapid jaws.

The front Male Starfallen was looking towards her. No, at both Norghar and she. He shook his head. Alera decided then to slip off her chair once more, and walked over towards the group of Starfallen.

"I now believe it is plain to see,
    Than none of you have ever seen the likes of me,
    Didnt Dorothy tell her tales and stories?
    Of how she battles her troubles and glories,
    No mention of OZ, or people like me?
    I do not see how this can be..
    When ALL of OZ knows of the travelling tales
    of the first Starfallen, and what she befelled..."

Alera looked at the pair close to the front. Such strange clothes. She looked at the group, her head tilted slightly, and then she gave a grin.

"So, tell us Starfallen YOUR stories and tales,
    of the places and creatures in the lands that you hail..."

Alera walked back to the table, and sat down. She wondered if any of them would try to respond to her request...

17. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Silver Platter

He listened as the sing-songy fairy spoke again.

She had asked if they had heard Dorothy's stories of Oz, then asked about their world.

Mike always that Dorothy and the Land of Oz was all make-believe. Just a fairy tale. Not real... "Well," he began, unsure of what to say. "There are stories of Dorothy in Oz, but that's all everyone thought they were: just stories. No one had any idea that Oz actually existed. I don't even think Dorothy's family believed her."

He glanced at Annie. "And as for our world," he continued, turning back to the Ozians, "It's no where near as...spectacular as this. All these creatures running around talking to each other. No. In our world, humans are the only intelligent species. All the other animals," he looked over at the talking leopard, "couldn't speak. They just growled, barked, and made other noises to communicate."

He wasn't quite sure how to explain it. He knew he'd probably offend somebody in the room... But, he was a stranger in a strange land. They had to understand that. "There's also no such thing as magic in our world," he added.

TAG: All players...

18. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alrea Blueflare
    The Silver Platter

Alera looked at the pair close to the front. Such strange clothes. She looked at the group, her head tilted slightly, and then she gave a grin.

"So, tell us Starfallen YOUR stories and tales,
    of the places and creatures in the lands that you hail..."

Alera walked back to the table, and sat down.

The man who had been doing all the talking was the one to answer first. "Well," he began, unsure of what to say. "There are stories of Dorothy in Oz, but that's all everyone thought they were: just stories. No one had any idea that Oz actually existed. I don't even think Dorothy's family believed her." He glanced at the other girl.

Alera tilted her head, listening intently.

"And as for our world," he continued, turning back to the Ozians, "It's no where near as...spectacular as this. All these creatures running around talking to each other. No. In our world, humans are the only intelligent species. All the other animals," he looked over at the talking leopard, "couldn't speak. They just growled, barked, and made other noises to communicate."

Hmm. Things that barked and made noises. Well, plenty of that here. But no Burrbunnies, or Animals, or such things? How strange. The man continued.

"There's also no such thing as magic in our world," he added.

"NO MAGIC!"

Alera shook her head from side to side slowly, as she took in his words. Poor Starfallen. That would explain their ... strangeness. But, what of that thing...what was it called. Oh yes, the Plane creature. Had it not brought them there? That was not magic to them?

She brought a hand up to her chin, deep in thought. Much too much many thoughts for such a tiny head. Suddenly, she grinned.

"Perhaps, now as I begin to think,
    Your magic and ours is different, not in sinc,
    We can do things that you cant do,
    I see this now, and this is true,
    But you came here on a flying hallabaloo
    And this is something that we cant do,
    This thing you called a ..um plane I see
    It looks like something quite magic to me!"

Alera looked over to her friend, and gave him a hearty grin.

"So now is time to drink and eat, and party while we have our feast, for tomorrow is tomorrow, but now, let drink!"

With a giggle, Alera leaned back, and drank deeply from her cup, even as she waved for more to be brought to her table. She was in a great mood, and after seeing HER, nothing was going to spoil her mood. She gave a friendly poke towards the tinkerer, hoping that his mood was improving now that he had some food in his belly.

19. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Okie dokie. A time jump shall be arriving next week to take you fine folks into tomorrow (in game) and to set the group up for your trip to Glinda's palace. If you want to do a going to bed post, this next stretch will be the place for it. Or if you want to keep up the socialization, we can just assume it happened eventually. :)

[b]IC: General Jinjur[/b]
    [i]Location: At the Starfallen Table, The Silver Platter, Eastern Fort[/i]

The General smiled as the Tottenhott regaled the table with her joviality and socialness. She was happy for the night fairy. She had been ignored and pulled along for such a long time during the extraction process, now it seemed she was finally getting her time in the sun. Or... moon. Whatever they most enjoyed.

She was quietly surprised that Glinda had suggested that this group go after the Heart of Emerald. It was one of those mystical, impossible quests that no one ever took seriously. Obviously the Good Witch was not one of these people.

The woman took a swig from her mug of ale and let it trickle down her throat.

But then again, what did she know? She was just the fist behind this whole endeavor, leading the army and trying to counter the Emperor's goons. All that mystical item stuff was way beyond her general education. She had heard the stories of the Heart of Emerald... if the quest could be accomplished, it would be a game-changer.

Eh, whatever. She would guide the group into the Ruby Lands, and the boss would take it from there. Maybe Glinda would hand the whole crew off to Ozma. The Queen might prove to have some... advantages.

The General glanced at the wooden coo-coo clock. It was getting late, and the Inn was slowly emptying out. It didn't close though, not as long as she was in there. Jinjur would sit and keep these Starfallen company until they chose to retire. Scarecrow had told her he arranged some beds in an empty barracks on the far side of the fort. When they went to bed, so would the good General.

[b]TAG: Anyone wanting to chat[/b]

20. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: WHERE IS EVERYONE?!?!?

Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Platter

Oh POO!

Alera thought to herself, as she finished her unknown number of ale. The meal had been wonderful. But these Starfallen were quiet folk. No fun. No Party! They had survived. Had won so far..why shouldnt they party!!?? It was all quite confusing to understand. Then again, many of them looked rather tired. But for Alera her 'day' was just coming into being. Sleeping inside of a pocket had been rather comfy...but the nasty shiny ball was dipping down now. It was her time to be awake!!

But these people were all pooped out. Course, she could spend her night, flying around the city and checking out the ladies in red and stuff. That could be rather fun, actually. Then again, she had a bag full of toys that she had wanted to check out. All the stuff from the -plane- that these people had come from. She knew she had something that played music like magic. But the other stuff, she didnt know. Yes, that was it..she could fly around, and check out how secure this place really was. And then she could play with her toys the rest of the night. That would keep her busy.

She looked over at Norghar. "Are you ok, do you feel fine, or are you ill, quiet friend of mine?" she asked him gently, wondering why he was so quiet. Perhaps the mood of the Starfallen had fallen over him. While she had things she could do...it WAS more fun to do stuff with someone around.

Of course, if she got a chance to swipe a certain shiny.....

She smiled widely, as she waited to see if Norghar would respond. She lifted another mug of drink, thinking silently for a few moments. She then leaped off her chair, shrinking as she did.

**BURP!!!**

Alera glowed multi-colors and the burp registered for a moment, and then she broke out into giggles.

She flew over towards the head lady guard, weaving a very un-straight line as she did. She gave another huge grin.

"General Lady all dressed in red,
    Where will the Starfallen rest their heads?
    For tis the night, my time to play,
    but they must be weary, no fun are they,
    But where can I find them, when the night goes away?"

She asked General Jinjur, as she flew about in a hazy circle, changing colors as she did. She was quite happy now, and wanted to play... or do SOMETHING!

21. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    OOC: Somewhere...around...

IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    The Silver Platter

Norghar ate quietly similar to the rest of the patrons, whether it was the situation or the present leaving of Glenda that had subdued everyone. That was until Alera spoke, "Are you ok, do you feel fine, or are you ill, quiet friend of mine?" she asked him gently.

"I feel fine, traveling by horse is hardly work." he gave a pained grin at this.

Alera continued with a little light show after her drink, something that gave him a fuller grin. Perhaps tonight he would spend more awake than asleep as used to be his way with work before this all began.

TAG: Ktala, Starfallen

22. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Silver Platter

Once Glinda left, Avani wasn?t much interested in the conversations that ensued, and she found herself only half-listening. At one point, the topic shifted to the world the Starfallen came from, but the man didn?t really give enough details to keep the Leopard?s attention. No magic and no Animals?it sounded kind of boring.

As for the Heart of Emerald?Avani had heard stories, old legends, and she was certainly interested to know what else Glinda might have to say tomorrow, when they went to the Palace?and assuming Avani would be allowed to go; the troops at the Eastern Fort were spread a bit thin, but she imagined that they could still manage minus one Snow Leopard; she wasn?t indisposable, by any means. And it would be nice to go back to the Palace?

Tag: People in the Silver Platter, GM

23. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    OOC: Alrighty! We shall continue to move forward!

Ktala, if you want to do another temporary arc for the night, we can do that. Just let me know. :)

[b]IC: General Jinjur[/b]
    [i]Location: The Silver Spoon[/i]

A nice little bird-clock from Shiz chimed in the far corner of the pub. A tiny wooden booblebird popped out of the clock, and began "boo-bob, boo-bob."

It would "boo-bob" 12 times, marking midnight for the evening.

But as the clock was doing its own thing, the Totenhott asked a charming little rhyme question about where the Starfallen will be sleeping this evening.

She kicked back on her chair, suddenly wishing for another drink.

"They'll be in the barracks." she said with a big yawn. "If you go out in the courtyard, its the second door from the west corner of the north wall."

She scratched an itch on the side of her ear.

"If you want something to do, the guards always complain about the will-o-the-wisps that float around the fields outside. The guards always think they are the lamps of Imperial soldiers and spies. If you could get rid of em, I'm sure the Night Watch would be quite grateful!"

[b]TAG: Ktala and maybe Mitth?[/b]

[hr]
    [i]For those who did decide to sleep...[/i]

The morning erupted in a riot of sunshine. The last remnants of the storm the Starfallen had arrived in had moved on, and warm hot weather remained. Those venturing outside of the barracks would see Jinjur and a small contingent of ladies attending to a wooden cart. They were placing wooden crates and thick canvas duffel bags into the thing, and tending to a pair of stout pulling horses.

Behind the cart was the Silver Spoon, soldiers entering and exiting, some with rolls and pieces of fruit in hand. A thick white smoke billowed from the inn's chimney, and the smell of fresh bread dominated the base.

[b]TAG: Anne?, Whoever else[/b]

24. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002

After waking up, he felt his head pounding. What the hell did he drink at that Silver Platter?

He wandered outside the barracks, shielding his eyes from the sun...it made his eyes hurt.

Squinting to see, he noticed some folks loading crates and bags into a wooden cart. "Come on..." he muttered to himself, fighting off the pain in his head.

His eyes still straining from the sun, Mike walked over toward the cart. "You guys need a hand with anything?" he asked, looking to help out.

TAG: Imperial_Hammer, anyone outside...

25. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    OOC: Still during the night..TIS PIXIE TIME!

Alera Blueflare
    The Silver Spoon

Alera's friend Norghar responded to her earlier query just before she flew over towards the General, letting her know that he was fine. That was good. She was really starting to worry about that. Well, as much as a fae could worry about such things.

Then Alera asked where the Starfallen would be staying for the night. The general replied, "They'll be in the barracks." she said with a big yawn. "If you go out in the courtyard, its the second door from the west corner of the north wall."

Alera grinned. Perfect. All these silly people went to sleep just when the fun was starting. And she would have fun tonight. Then the lady general in red said something that caught her attention.

"If you want something to do, the guards always complain about the will-o-the-wisps that float around the fields outside. The guards always think they are the lamps of Imperial soldiers and spies. If you could get rid of em, I'm sure the Night Watch would be quite grateful!"

Will-o-wisps! Alera practically twinkled in delight. She loved playing with the wisps of lights. Alera danced a bit, and then gave a bow.

"If will-o-wispies,
    give the guard the friskies,
    This Tottenhot shall go,
    and speak to the lights willy-nilleys!"

This was so perfect! Alera thought to herself as she flew back to her table. Something to do, AND she would have a chance to have fun as well. She flew back over to where Norghar was sitting.

"The guards want me to help their stay
    and chase the silly lights away.
    To go with me, do you do wish?
    Or will I see you later-ish?!"

Alera gave a burp, and then giggled as a large pink bubble floated away from her. She grinned as she waited for the Tinkerer to respond.

Alera would wait for a moment, before she headed outside to deal with the dancing lights outside of the gates.

TAG:Mitth_Fisto, anyone else listening..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.