1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Silver Platter


    Annie stretched. There was a stiff crick in her neck that refused to budge. How had she been sleeping last night? She blinked her eyes a few times as she got outside. Bright light bad...hurting eyes. Annie tried to recall everything that had happened last night.
    "Oh yeah, we have to start on that world saving quest don't we?" she muttered to herself.
    Leaning against the wall she saw Mike trying to help some people with boxes.


    TAG: any

    OOC: I really want to apologise. I'm in my last year of university and things have really kicked into gear in terms of my workload. However I am going to make much more of an effort to post (and post better) in my RPGs. I won't just ditch and not tell you, I swear.
  2. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    The Silver Spoon

    Taking it all in he took a deep breath, he knew his own nerves were still alight no matter the time of night, but when it came to choice alone night was as good as day. Add a Tottenhot to the mix, a task that is set, and all comes together to offer a way to give a shattered life a little perspective and usefullness once more.

    "I wish I wish, as I have finished this dish, to come chase silly lights away, even if I must sleep the away the day." with that and a smile starting to take form that prominently showed his two front teeth he rose to hop after Alera the Tottenhot that chased the lights of night away.

    TAG: Ktala, GM, Any listening
  3. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    NIGHTIME at The Silver Spoon

    Alera floated in front of Norghar.

    "The guards want me to help their stay
    and chase the silly lights away.
    To go with me, do you do wish?
    Or will I see you later-ish?!"


    Alera grinned as she waited for the Tinkerer to respond. She watched as he took a deep breath.

    "I wish I wish, as I have finished this dish, to come chase silly lights away, even if I must sleep the away the day."

    Alera laughed as she clapped her hands together with happiness. That Norghar was willing to go with her was most perfect. So much better than these sleepy Starfallen. He smiled as he rose to hop after Alera.

    "Hippity Hoppty, skipity, bobbipty, chasing the lights are we!"Alera sang happily as she skipped out of the Silver Spoon with Norghar. Those Starfallen were so boring. This was MUCH better. She flitted about, changing colors as she twinkled next to Norghar as she headed towards the gate they game in. When they reached it, she spoke to the guards.

    "The Lady General in armor red,
    told us about the will-o-wisps you dread
    and asked if I could find a way
    to make them go, to fly away
    So may we go outside to see?
    what help we can to you, do be!"





    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, GM, anyone else
  4. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    OOC:

    Just so I'm not confused... There are two different stories going on at two different times, correct? One late at night and one the next morning?
  5. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    OOC: Thats right Dubya. We've done a time split. Anyone in the night arc can be considered to be around as well in the morning arc. Maybe they're still in bed, maybe they're somewhere your character is not. If the folks on the night arc need to show themselves for whatever reason in the day arc, they can certainly do so. :)

    And welcome back Twinky and Solo! :)

    Morning/Main Story-Arc
    IC: Lt. Jenna Samesun
    Location: Courtyard, The Eastern Fort

    Dressed in Quadling Military Garb, green slacks and a multipocketed green tunic, Lt. Samsun's job was to supervise the cart loading procress and escort the Starfallen group to Glinda's castle. She was busy writing something down on a clipboard when a rough sound perked her ears. She looked up just in time...

    "Hey!" she said to one of her grunts that set a crate a bit too roughly on the cart, "Careful with that crate eh?"

    "Yes Ma'am!" the younger woman stammered. She went back across the courtyard to get another crate from the pile of them to the side.

    Shaking her head, the adult blonde Lieutenant returned to her paperwork when a new voice sounded to distract her. Looking annoyed, she gazed up to see Mike.

    "Oh!" she said, "Its you. Mike is it? Lieutenant Samesun of her Majesty, the Princess Ozma's Royal Army. Pleasure to meet you, I've read your file."

    The woman moved over to Mike to shake his hand.

    TAG: Dubya

    IC: Olga Trent
    Location: Side of the Courtyard, Eastern Fort

    Like almost everyone in this busy fort, Olga Trent was preoccupied. Olga was one of the many maids that kept the fort running and operational. The young black haired girl had just finished mopping the floors of the armory and was coming out of the doorway, buckets of now dirty water in hand.

    Soldiers were no different than pigs. Even the armory staffers let their gunpowder spill over the floor tracked mud around everywhere. If Olga and her fellow maids weren't around, that place would go up like a tinder-box one of these days.

    She set her buckets down unceremoniously by the doorway, not looking to see they were right at the feet of Annie North. The resulting splash fell straight onto Annie North's shoes. Noticing the movement, Olga saw Anne with a start!

    "Ah! Beggin' your pardon Miss!" she said, bowing low. "I didn't see you there! I should have been more alert."

    The young woman got to her knees, pulled a dry cloth from her belt, and began trying to dry Anne's shoes.

    "I'm sorry. Its just been one of those days. The soldiers here are always so self-involved. Its hard not to fall into the same rut. But boy they just make me mad sometimes. I mean is it too much trouble......."

    She kept on chattering away, rubbing Anne's shoes this way and that.

    TAG: Twinky

    IC: The Eastern Fort
    Location: East Quadling

    Tonn Denroth had completed his long, grueling ride. After being left behind at the scramble in the Blue Forest, he had been playing catch-up throughout the day and night. He was pretty good at tracking, and was able to follow the churned path of the Ruby Guard's horses as they stomped through the fields. Around 1am, he arrived at what looked like a torn up battle ground in the dried up river bed. By the light of the full moon, he could see dead Imperials scattered here and there, as well as some dead horses and Ruby Guard. Some of the Imperials had thick dead gouges and rips in them, as though a large predator had attacked them. Maybe this was after the battle?

    Not willing to stick around and see if that same beast would find him Tonn continued onwards. He caught a few hours of sleep at the Quadling "mouth" of the dry river bed, then woke up early to continue his pursuit.

    Finally, around mid-morning, the trail terminated at what looked like tall wooden fort, active and busy. This must have been their destination. Tonn could see men on the battlements and a thin pillar of chimney smoke rising up from the installation. If he wanted to return to the group he was traveling/>/>/>
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Courtyard, Eastern Fort (daytime)


    "Its you. Mike is it? Lieutenant Samesun of her Majesty, the Princess Ozma's Royal Army. Pleasure to meet you, I've read your file." The blond woman in a green uniform stepped closer to him to shake his hand.

    Mike grabbed her hand...gently. After all, she was the fairer sex. But then again, Mike has seen what the women of this magical land can do. He was sure they'd be quite a force to be reckoned with in the Women's Hockey League...probably the men's, too.

    "A file?" he repeated. "I haven't been in this land very long and I already have my own file. Awesome." He smiled. "Pleasure to meet you, Lieutenant." He wasn't sure if he should salute or not.

    "So, uh," he continued, "I see you're preparing for the journey. Anything I can do to help?"

    TAG: Hammer, anyone else near the cart-loading-area...
  7. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Gate Guards / The Fields

    Listening to the guard he shrugged, "All I could tell you is their a snooty group of humans, that came into the Silver Spoon for their meal. From what I've heard they crashed outside of the City of Munch." shrugging he moved toward the door.

    He felt uneasy being associated with those humans, they weren't what he had expected, and if truth be told his fascination with them from his youth was quickly fading when confronted with the harsh reality. Although a small part hoped they just soured when in groups.

    Hopefully the guards wouldn't delay them further, and with any luck maybe he and Alera could begin their evening adventure soon.

    TAG: Ktala, GM
  8. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Evening/Side Story-Arc
    Alera Blueflare
    The Fields, Outside the Eastern Fort

    The main gate to the Eastern Fort, composed to the trunks of mighty trees, loomed ahead of Norghar and Alera. As they arrived at the gate of it, two of the "base guards", big stout men clad in suits of armor were on duty.

    Alera spoke the two, politely asking to be let outside. The smaller of the two guards clearly looked befuddled. Silly even. Alera grinned, to hide a giggle, her color changing slightly at it. But before either could speak, the other guard spoke up.

    "That'll be fine." she said, his gruff voice matching his gruff brown beard. "Corporal, open the pedestrian door."

    The small guard sulked over to a small area in the gate, no doubt sore at being rebuffed by his superior. Alera listened to the latches on the gate being opened.

    "Hey, you two aren't apart of that Starfallen group are you?" the lead growled/grumbled/reverberated, looking over the duo with a careful eye.

    Norghar the Tinkerer spoke up first. He shrugged, "All I could tell you is their a snooty group of humans, that came into the Silver Spoon for their meal. From what I've heard they crashed outside of the City of Munch." shrugging he moved toward the door.

    Alera looked over at her friend for a moment, and then she looked back at the guard.

    "Oh yes, oh yes, we came with them,
    I saw the crash, and what they fell in,
    My friend is right, not much do they speak,
    But I found some stuff that was really neat!"


    Alera made a lazy loop in the air, and giggled when another bubble floated away from her when she gave a hiccup. She then looked at the guard.

    "Which directions do the will-o-wisps lay?,
    So we may go, and send them on their way."
    she asked, while she had a happen grin on her face. She began heading towards her friend, while she waited for a response.

    This was going to be FUN!!!!




    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, GM
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

    Member Since:
    Apr 13, 2001
    star 6
    IC: Tonn Denroth
    Outside the Eastern Fort, East Quadling

    With slow, weary steps, Tonn approached the mighty fortress looming before him in the morning sunlight. Even at this time of day, the place was milling with all sorts of activity - almost as if they were preparing for something. That certainly fit the bill of the bunch he had left behind days earlier. They had been constantly on the move with unending energy. And because they appeared to have a supply of endless energy, it proved to be quite a difficult journey to try and play catch-up. After wandering around in the wilderness for days, Tonn was actually starting to regret his decision to go solo in the first place. Live and learn, he figured.

    Pushing the cowl of his cloak away from his muddied face in an effort to show that he meant no harm, Tonn halted his steps before the towering gates. If the place looked intimidating from a distance, that sensation was tenfold standing flush against the thing. And suddenly, a thought occurred to him - what was he even doing here in the first place?

    But he knew why. His mistake was getting involved back at the Ruby Slipper and once you stuck your neck out, there was no turning back. He was in this thing for the long haul.

    Shifting his weight from foot to foot, Tonn cleared his throat to grab the attention of one of the guards. Hopefully they would believe his crazy tale and actually display some sympathy for all he's been through. But somehow, he doubted it.

    TAG: Imp
  10. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Main/Day Arc

    IC: Lt. Jenna Samesun
    Location: Courtyard, The Eastern Fort

    The lieutenant professionally shook Mikes hand, listening to his questions and remarks

    "Hahaha" the woman laughed in a bright, tinkling way. "Well Mister, Beckum is it? You and your comrades are very important people. We don't often get visitors from outside of Oz. I'd say you're deserving of a file."

    She gave the man a charming sort of smile, then looked over to the cart.

    "Thats sweet of you to want to help, but we've got everything under control here. The best thing you can do for us is to get eat up and get ready to travel. The deeper we can get you guys into Quadling, the safer we will be."

    Another woman carrying a crate walked by.

    "A lot of it is just a carrot shipment to Bunnybury anyway. They're mad about their carrots down there, and with the roads into Vinkus under heavy patrol, they're definitely looking forward to this shipment."

    The Lieutenant refocused on Mike.

    "Oh sorry, I was babbling there. Um, the Silver Platter is serving breakfast if you are hungry. I imagine we should be departing within the hour."

    There was some commotion at the gate as three or four armored soldiers had gathered there, as if expecting someone.

    TAG: Dubya

    IC: Morning Watch
    Location: Eastern Fort

    Corporal Mary Wills gave a yawn. Mary had complained to the base personnel... she hated the mornings. Why they kept on putting her on these watches was beyond her comprehension.

    "Hey there Mary," a male's voice said. It was the other watchman, one Sargent Timothy Grone. "You awake?"

    "Yah yah." the woman said, already anticipating his response. Tim was a nice guy, but his perkiness could get annoying, especially in the mornings.

    The two chit-chatted about the weather and the rumors they'd heard about the starfallen, when something caught Tim's eye. A stranger approaching the fort on foot. Alone. A spy maybe? Or some traveler?

    Tim pulled out his pocket telescope and looked at the person. Some muddied male, unhooded. Hrm.

    "I think we got someone here," Tim muttered to Mary, then strode over to the gangplank above the gate guards.

    "Hey." he hollered. "We got an unidentified person approaching the fort. Get a welcoming together committee together, pronto."

    One of the two guards jogged off to the armory as the man approached. By the time he had arrived at the gate, four fully armed soldiers were waiting.

    From the outside, Tonn saw a section of the wall suddenly swing inward. Beyond it, he could see a group of large, strong men.

    "Come on in." a commanding voice said. "Hands over your head, no quick movements."

    TAG: Solo

    Night / Side Arc

    IC: Gate Guards
    Location: Eastern Fort

    The gruff guard leader seemed satisfied with their response. He nodded and responded to the Hotentott's question.

    "Ah yes," he rumbled, looking over to the smaller guard as he began to pull open the thick wooden door. "They're usually scattered all about the field. Kind of wander about like leaves in the breeze. Hey Julian, where were the guards saying they saw Will-os a few nights ago?"

    "Eastern flank I believe" the smaller guard said, with a grunt. "Down near the dry river bed."

    The door was open enough for them to exit.

    "Yah, east by the Munchkinland border. Probably going south couldn't hurt either. Magic concentrates in the south you know."

    As the pair began to exit, the guard spoke up one more time.

    "Oh, and um, when you come back, pull this here chain in the wall." he said, pointing to a metal linked chain sticking out from the door. "Thats the bell. Two pulls. Happy Hunting!"

    The guards stood, waiting for the pair to exit. Beyond them, the dark blackness of the field. Already, if they looked east, they could see a few twinkling lights in the distance.

    TAG: Ktala, Mitth/>/>
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night / Side Arc

    Alera Blueflare
    Gate at the Eastern Fort

    The gruff guard leader seemed satisfied with their response. He nodded and responded to the Hotentott's question.

    "Ah yes," he rumbled, looking over to the smaller guard as he began to pull open the thick wooden door. "They're usually scattered all about the field. Kind of wander about like leaves in the breeze. Hey Julian, where were the guards saying they saw Will-os a few nights ago?"

    "Eastern flank I believe" the smaller guard said, with a grunt. "Down near the dry river bed."

    Alera was excited. At last something FUN to do. Fun had been sorely lacking with these Starfallen. She had expected a GRAND adventure of sorts. But this lot was extremely no fun. At least Norghar was fun. She smiled as she listened to the guards, ready to play with the blinking lights.

    The door was open enough for them to exit.

    "Yah, east by the Munchkinland border. Probably going south couldn't hurt either. Magic concentrates in the south you know."

    Alera tried not to snicker. Magic concentrates in the south? Where do they get such things? she wondered to herself. She waved to Norghar, as she waited for him to catch up so they could exit together.

    As the pair began to exit, the guard spoke up one more time. "Oh, and um, when you come back, pull this here chain in the wall." he said, pointing to a metal linked chain sticking out from the door. "Thats the bell. Two pulls. Happy Hunting!"

    Alera grinned, another bubble floating happily away.

    'Thank you for your words so wise,
    we'll soon be back, once we check the nightly skies."


    Alera looked out at the night skyline. In the dark blackness of the fields to the east, they could see a few twinkling lights in the distance.

    Alera looked toward Norghar.

    "Do we simply walk to the lights that sparkle,
    or do we sneak, and observe first what makes will-o-wisps
    farkle?"


    Alera slowly flew around her companion. She was eager to check out the lights, hoping that they were something more than mere lights, but she didnt want to loose her friend in the darkness.




    TAG: Mitth, GM's
  12. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort

    She had managed to get up into her tree, and spent what remained of the night sleeping on one of the lower branches. Morning, unfortunately, came sooner than Avani would have liked, and she was grumbling and growling quietly to herself as she climbed down the tree trunk, stretching and yawning as she reached the ground, then finally shaking her fur out.

    Looking around her, she immediately noted the group of soldiers loading up a cart, and a couple of the Starfallen nearby: the same man and woman Avani had seen sitting on the bench the day before. But a commotion at the gates caught her attention, and she cautiously moved closer?not close enough to interfere with the soldiers who were just doing their job, but close enough that she?d be able to clearly see and hear what was going on.

    Tag: GM, others
  13. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Night / Side Arc

    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    Gate at the Eastern Fort

    He listened patiently as the guards responded to Alera, Will'o'wisps toward the Munchkin land border and magic in the south...magic concentrating in the south? Definitely not the brightest night guards, but then again who normally got assaigned such duties normally anyway?

    Well probably nocturnal Animals or those inclined to nearly either state such as himself, but for humans it probably had to be a form of punishment duty he thought.

    Alera looked toward Norghar once they had both left through the opened door into the dark night.

    "Do we simply walk to the lights that sparkle,
    or do we sneak, and observe first what makes will-o-wisps
    farkle?"


    "Sneak seems like the thing to be, if they're anything else than will-o-wisps be. With my eyes at night do see, a bit yet fairly what things be." he finished with a slight grin.

    TAG: Ktala, GM
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night / Side Arc

    Alera Blueflare
    Gate at the Eastern Fort


    Alera looked toward Norghar once they had both left through the opened door into the dark night. "Do we simply walk to the lights that sparkle, or do we sneak, and observe first what makes will-o-wisps farkle?"

    She was thrilled when he responded.:

    "Sneak seems like the thing to be, if they're anything else than will-o-wisps be. With my eyes at night do see, a bit yet fairly what things be." he finished with a slight grin.

    Alera clapped her hands, as she now dimmed her own light, to match that of the will-o-wisps. She floated out of the gate, and then she spoke softly to Norghar.

    "Then sneak the sneak, we sneaks will be,
    my light will dim, no shine to me,
    we'll have to go by moonlight's bree
    and see what there is out there to see."

    She then winked her light out of existence. Now THIS was fun. She flew close to Norghar now, close to his head, so that she would be able to hear him if he needed her. The lights twinkled in the East, so that was their direction, moving carefully and both listening intently. Alera was more than familiar with the sounds of the night, and she would be able to tell of the lights were the fairy bog lights, or something else.

    Now, it WOULD be something grand, if magic was involved, but she doubted that. Then again, who knows for sure. She would have never thought herself with the Starfallen. Or Norghar.

    She kept her hand on her sword, as she flew quietly, just a bit ahead of Norghar. She didnt want anything to happen to him. Oh, what fun they would have this night. Maybe they could find another fairy ring! She would love some REAL drink. Or some news. Anything would do. Then again, she soon would be traveling to meet Glinda. That thought alone was enough to have her in a good mood.

    So they moved onward.

    She resisted the urge to sing.


    TAG: Mitth, GM

  15. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Eastern Fort - Courtyard - Daytime


    Mike nodded and smiled. "Silver Platter it is. I could go for some breakfast." He rubbed his belly. "I'm a growing boy, after all," he joked.

    Turning around he noticed the cat creature from yesterday. It had jumped down from one of the trees.

    Then his attention was focused on the guards around the gate. They looked as if they were waiting for someone. "Hey, uh," Mike started, glancing back at the Lieutenant, "what's all the fuss over here...if you don't mind me asking?" He pointed a thumb back toward the gates.

    TAG: Avani, Annie North, GM...
  16. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: *Shakes off rust!*

    Thousands of apologies my loyal players for disappearing for a bit. Thanksgiving, both pre, post, and actual, has torn me away from my duties. Time to rebound and continue!

    So without further adieu!

    Daytime/Main Arc

    IC: Lt. Jenna Samesun
    Location: Courtyard, The Eastern Fort

    The Lieutenant smiled as the friendly Starfallen man agreed to have some food. They would have to be on the road pretty soon, so the sooner he ate the better. She had orders to get them to Glinda as quickly as possible, which meant their stop in Bunnyburry would be very quick. They probably wouldn't even have time to disembark the wagon.

    As soon as her eyes went back to her check-board, the man asked her another question.

    "Hey, uh," Mike started, glancing back at the Lieutenant, "what's all the fuss over here...if you don't mind me asking?"

    "Hm?" Jenna said, looking first at the man and then at the gates. There did look to be a little bit of a ruckus there. A few of the fort guards had gathered around the entrance. She could spy at least one that bore a rank higher than hers, so she didn't move from her spot.

    "Looks like an unexpected visitor," she said, squinting her eyes, "...though I can't see who it is. I imagine its either one of the top brass of the military, a spy, or some other sort of vagabond."

    She wrinkled her nose absentmindedly,

    "We usually don't get civilian visitors. Off the main roads you know. I wonder who it might be."

    TAG: Dubya and Anne

    Night/Side Arc

    IC: Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp
    Location: Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Will o' the wisps are interesting beings. Their smallish bodies, about the size of a child, are seen as virtually transparent. If you get close to one of them and look very carefully, you can see them, a thin outline against their background, like a chameleon trying to blend in. The only thing that's not transparent about them are the large old-style lanterns they constantly carry around. Will o' the wisps float, so from afar, all that can be seen are their lanterns, bobing up and down from far away as they walk.

    The closest Will-o'-the-wisp to the nighttime duo was one who was known as Willis. Willis was wandering around the field, as he normally did, his lantern shining a flat green light around him. Every now and again he would stop for whatever reason, and then continue his march. Willis did not notice the Tottenhott and Kangeroo Rat that happened to be in the same field as he.

    After all, why should he? Folks tended to avoid Will O' the Wisps. It was said in Bunnyburry that they were bad luck.

    Of course, Willis didn't know this. And if he did, he would probably think it silly all the same.

    TAG: Ktala and Mitth/>/>
  17. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    ( Daytime Story Arc )


    The Lieutenant didn't seem to know what the commotion was by the gates.

    Mike, knowing he probably shouldn't, walked over toward the gates anyway. On his way, he noticed Avani the talking cat nearby. It appeared the big cat didn't want to interfere, but was still curious.

    Stopping for a moment, Mike figured he probably shouldn't interfere either. After all, he was a stranger here. It wouldn't be a good idea to get mixed up in this commotion. But he figured it was most likely not nearly as bad as what he had already been through in this land.

    He continued walked up toward the people. "Hey, friends," he said, trying to be friendly and non-threatening. "What's up?"

    TAG: Daytime people...
  18. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    Alera Blueflare
    Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Will o' the wisps.

    Willies.. Alera had heard of them of course. Kind of like distant cousins and such, if the fae had such things. But even she had never really run into one before. What a wonderful thing, this was. As they went out into field, Alera stared with a wonder. They were more like her than even she imagined.

    Their bodies, about the size of a child, are seen as virtually transparent. If you get close to one of them and look very carefully, you can see them, a thin outline against their background, like a chameleon trying to blend in. And then the bing blinkie laterns they always carried. And like her, they didnt really walk. They floated. They always looked as if they were looking for something. Probably looking for something fun to do.

    A male Willy with a green flat light was close to them. He would stop, look around, then continue on. Alera looked over at Norghar. She made a sign with her fingers, and gave a quick wink, as she flew up. She kept her light dim, and then flashed it, as she came close to the Will o wisp. She spoke to it, using the Fae language first, and then the more common tongue.

    "What do you look for, Will O' wee?
    That sends you to search in the moonlight to see?
    Can you please talk, and tell us true,
    What reasons do you shine your light,
    and make the others shake with fright?"


    Alera floated close, in a lazy figure eight pattern, as she waited for the being to speak.

    This was the MOST fun she had had, since she had met the silly Starfallen.



    TAG: Mitth, Imp
  19. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Daytime/Main Arc

    IC: Lt. Boggs Filogrin
    Location: Courtyard, The Eastern Fort

    The group of guards were escorting the strange traveler into the fort when one of the Starfallen approached the group. The Lieutenant, a middle aged man by the name of Boggs, didn't even notice him until he spoke.

    "Hey, friends," he said in a more or less friendly voice, "What's up?"

    "Woah woah woah sir." the Knight said, holding up his gloved hands. "Please step away from the group. We're dealing with a potentially dangerous individual here and we don't want to put you in any danger."

    The man stepped forward.

    "A little further back sir."

    TAG: Dubya

    Night/Side Arc

    IC: Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp
    Location: Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Suddenly, Willis was not alone. There was a Tottenhott and a Kangaroo Rat roaming the fields. Why.... where they here? It all seemed very confusing.

    The Night Fairy though.... was a comforting sight. Wisps and Totts share the night together, though the Totts seemed to always be busy doing something. Collecting, building, buying, playing jokes. So exhausting.

    For a moment, the Will-o'-the-wisp was quiet. It just looked at the small thing. It had been a few years since the Will-o'-the-Wisp had talked to a being. It was very tempted to just ignore the creature.

    But for some reason, it decided to break its silence.

    "I.... look.... for food." it said. "Delicious.... bugs and magic.... dust."

    The Wisp turned its invisible face towards the Tottenhott.

    "Have you... some.... magic dust?"

    TAG: Ktala and Mitth/>
  20. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    At the gate


    Worried that Mike might get himself into some kind of trouble, Annie ran after him.

    "Woah woah woah sir." the Knight said, holding up his gloved hands. "Please step away from the group. We're dealing with a potentially dangerous individual here and we don't want to put you in any danger."

    Annie craned her neck to try and get a look at whoever it was.

    "What's so dangerous about them?"

    TAG: any at gate.
  21. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort
    (Daytime)

    Still watching from a safe distance, she vaguely heard Lt. Samesun explaining to the Starfallen man?Mike, that was his name?that an unidentified visitor outside was the likely cause of the stir. When the man directly asked the ?welcoming party? the same question, Lt. Filogrin backed up Samesun?s theory.

    Avani had suspected that such might be the case, but now hearing it confirmed immediately put her on alert. Ears perked up, and her fur standing on end, she got to her feet and sniffed the air, trying to smell the intruder?but the cluster of other people in the vicinity, as well as the smell of breakfast being prepared over at the Inn, interfered with whatever might be outside, so Avani started towards the group. She could see Filogrin attempting to get Mike to back off a bit, for his own safety, but as the Leopard approached, the female Starfallen?Annie? Was that her name??came over to investigate as well.

    "What's so dangerous about them?"

    ?We don?t know yet, that?s what,? Avani said, interjecting herself between the two Starfallen and the gate. ?For all we may know, it could be an Imperial in disguise.? She paused to look briefly to where their ?visitor? had yet to show himself, before turning back to Mike and Annie. ?Now please, let?s back off a little and let these guys do their jobs.? To emphasize, she gently butted her head against Annie?s knees, trying to push her back. She didn?t like to be pushy, but a lot of people had worked very hard to get these Starfallen here safely, and she didn?t want them throwing those efforts away because their curiosity had gotten the better of them.

    Tag: Dubya_Scott, Twinky_Stryder, GM, others
  22. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

    Member Since:
    Nov 16, 2003
    star 4
    IC: Annie North
    Fort Gate


    Annie almost jumped out of her skin as Avani brushed up against her.

    ?Now please, let?s back off a little and let these guys do their jobs.?

    She looked down at the Animal. The nudging movement against her legs reminded Annie of the strays which lived on her street. Normally she'd give them a little scratch behind the ears, but decided it probably wasn't a good idea to do so to the leopard. She'd probably take offense. Annie took one last glance over to where the soldiers were dealing with the newcomer.

    "Probably a good idea, yeah. Would you like to join us for something to eat?"

    TAG: Anne, Dubya
  23. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Courtyard - The Gates - Daytime


    Young Annie North had arrived at the gate also, then the leopard. Though he and Annie were curious as to what was happening, both the guard and the big cat didn't want them to interfere at all. Considering they were both native to this land, Mike figured he'd better follow their orders.

    Annie asked the cat Avani if she was joining us.

    "Yeah," Mike added, patting his stomach. "I could really go for some breakfast before we head out."

    TAG: Twinky, Anne, Impy...
  24. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    Alera Blueflare

    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Alera slowly bobbled in the air in front of the wispy, while waiting for it to answer. Norghar was being awful quiet again. She had hoped he would be a bit more fun, but perhaps having to walk was a bit much on him. After all, he would have to be busy tomorrow. But Alera absolutly loved the wispies, and she was happy to have another like her out here...even if they were simply looking around for whatever.

    For a moment, the Will-o'-the-wisp was quiet. It just looked at Alera silently for a moment, before it finally decided to speak.

    "I.... look.... for food." it said. "Delicious.... bugs and magic.... dust."

    YUCK!..Not on her menu perhaps, but she could understand, even if it sounded yucky to her. And the light drew the bugs. The magic dust part..that one surprised her however. Hmmm, maybe thats why they were always around. But the Tottenhots didnt mind them one bit. She gave a sly grin as she looked over at Norghar.

    The Wisp turned its invisible face towards the Tottenhott.

    "Have you... some.... magic dust?"

    BINGO! Alera gave a huge grin, as she clapped her hands together slightly. This could be helpful. But Wispies were kind of spacey too. So she didnt know if she could really get them to do anything..but it wouldnt hurt to try. Better than watching the Stargfallen snoring. Since Norghar was so quiet, Alera spoke up, putting a finger to her chin.

    "Wispy willow's searching around,
    Looking for some food to be found;
    You give the guardians quite a fright,
    when searching near their homes at night;
    They think the enemy is near,
    They dont understand the night's not to fear,
    I think I should tell them, they need not worry,
    Unless your lights disappear in a hurry.
    If you could help just a little bit,
    Im sure some magic dust, I can give."


    Alera gave a small bow.

    "And I'll even help you catch a bug or two, too!"

    She shot a bit higher in the air, and then drifted back down, waiting for the Willo'wisp to reply. They took a long time to reply sometimes, but she was in no hurry..

    Mater of fact, she was having fun!!

    'Wispies and a Tottenhot, chatting in the night so dark!'

    Alera chuckled softly at the thought.


    TAG: Mitth, GM's...





    ---
    Day/Side Arc

    Will probably find Alera, by listening to the snoring.... back at the inn...where there is FOOD!!!

    TAG: Anyone

  25. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer

    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    To say he wasn't frieghtened would have been a lie, but to say that he was would have been the understatement of the century. His liquid courage and search for novelty and happiness seemed to drain away with clouding liquid as he stared upon, or rather through, the Will'o'wisp.

    Alera was having a grand time, even offering to help the transparent ghost-of-a-thing while he stood frozen ever upon seeing it. He was doomed.

    If bad luck has taken your livilyhood and nearly every posession you ever owned except what is literally hanging from your neck...the mere thought now that he was confronted with it was that he had nothing left to loose but his life to bad luck. 'Why me!' he wanted to cry to the heavens along with expositions on how he was too young to die without having even experienced some of the top things most male Animals strive to.

    Well, it had seen him, he was close and the unlucky dice had been cast already. What could more time cost him.

    "I-i-I'll help t-t-too." he stuttered out as he tried to set his resolve, the doomed basement portions, to get this done for a night, for Glenda, for the Resistance, for-for Pop.

    TAG: Ktala, GM
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.