1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
  1. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    Alera Blueflare

    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Alera was floating back down, grinning wildly at her new found brethren, when she heard Norghar finally say something...

    "I-i-I'll help t-t-too." he stuttered out.

    Alera was shocked. She knew what fear was, even if she didnt experience it that much herself...well, cept for certain things. But poor Norghar looked positively unhappy, and almost... afraid?

    Why was Norghar afraid? He had not been afraid of her? Did he see something that she had not. She became serious, as she looked around, her hand sliding down to her tiny sword for a moment, as she panned the area. Hmmm. Strange. She didnt see anything. She gently floated down towards Norghar and spoke to him.

    "What's wrong my friend, what do you see?
    that makes your words come not so free?"


    She asked him in a soft whisper, as she waited for the wispy to reply. She changed her size slightly, to be just a bit bigger, as she moved to comfort Norghar. While she might not understand the reasoning of his uneasiness, that did not mean she would not try to help him, if she could.

    Still, he was still much better than the Starfallen, who so far, had proved to do nothing more than complain, eat and sleep. Norghar was positively the most intersting thing, next to Glinda, she had met so far, since they had started to travel.

    ..well, at least until they had met the Wispies..but that was different.

    Alera hovered close to Norghar, as she waited for the Wisp to speak.


    TAG: Mitth, GM's
  2. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer

    Location: Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    It was hard to admit one's fear to oneself in such stated terms of death, but it was nothing now that he faced it in comparison with telling another that obviously did not know to be fearfull. Perhaps she was lucky not knowing what doom of unluckiness yet awaited her and him now that they had dared to do as they had.

    No. As his professor's had taught it him ignorance was not something one should foster in others, whether it is for the better or the worse truth he must dispense. After all it was the last thing he could despense at this hour with a shaky voice and knees.

    "Will-o'-the-wisp." it came as a whisper, trying harder he forced the word to come louder from his trembling lungs. "Will-o'-the-wisp's are bad luck, and I have nothing left to lose but life and limb. I fear not what is, b-b-but what w-will b-be n-n-now that I have...I have been with a-a-a-a W-wi-will-o'-the-wisp."

    His small eyes looked with sadness upon Alera, surely her world was crumbling now, or soon would as the proofs presented themselves. Hopefully his death wouldn't be too untimely or horrendous to witness.

    TAG: GM, Ktala
  3. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort
    (Daytime)

    Annie had suggested heading to the Inn to get something to eat?a motion that Mike quickly seconded?and asked Avani if she wouild join them.

    The Leopard thought about it for a moment before answering. ?I?ll go with you for the company, but I?m not that hungry.?

    Tag: Dubya_Scott, Twinky_Stryder, GM, others
  4. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Sorry for the delay here guys. Its been amazingly hectic on my end. Thanks for continuing to play through! :D

    Hope you all have a splendid holiday season! :)

    -I_H

    Daytime/Main Arc

    IC: The Maid at the Silver Spoon
    Location: Courtyard, The Eastern Fort

    The group of adventurers at the Eastern Fort had decided to leave the guards at the gate to go about their work. Lt. Filogrin was pleased to see it, and returned his attention to the interloper. The Starfallen and their associates could see the group of soldiers leading the mysterious man at the gate away into one of the side rooms of the fort, no doubt for some brisk interrogation.

    Inside "The Spoon" there was a variety of soldiers scattered about, some eating their breakfast... others in various states of getting or trashing the meals. There was a long table set up, and a few servers behind them. Seems like they were serving cafeteria style meals this morning. The Starfallen inserted themselves into the slow moving line, and soon they arrived at the server.

    "Flapjacks or waffles." a heavy set male cook grumbled, apron tied to his front and spatula in hand, as if a weapon.

    Once they had their waffles, a second male would be waiting, equally grunt in nature, offering sausage or bacon. Following him would be an older woman dispensing eggs, and then three carafes of ice-water, milk, and orange juice respectively.

    Such was the daily breakfasts at the Eastern Fort, the fortress of the Quadling Army, Eastern Division! The group had better eat soon. Their wagon-train was getting ready to depart to the Ruby Lands!

    TAG: Dubya, Anne, Twinky

    Night/Side Arc

    IC: Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp
    Location: Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    Willis waited for a while, taking what seemed like a half hour to digest the Tottenhott's proposition. It was so confusing, the little sprites spoke a mile a minute.... and the rhyming. It just complicates things. What a bother.

    So the Tottenhott wanted him to help her. By... going and talking to the beings in the big fort?

    The Wisp looked over to the fort, very much in his own little world. He had floated around the fort for a while. This place... was where he wandered. Yet he never really thought about going near the fort.

    It was.... hm.... so light... and bright. It seemed very taxing. Exhausting just being there.

    The Wisp then looked back at the Tott.

    Hm

    But she would give him dust. And a bug or two. Yummy tasty dust and bugs. That would make him full for the night. He could... perhaps... relax? .... when he was done.

    Take a nice yummy nap for a few hours until he was hungry again.

    Mmmmmmm.

    He looked her the Tott's companion. He was shaking. Lots of living things did that when they were around him. Was it what living things did? Feeling. Mmmmm. How bothersome.

    The Wisp took a deep breath.

    "That sounds.... very nice.... I would like bugs and dust to eat."

    He jangled his lamp a bit, the light inside bobbing up and down.

    "What will you have me do, Night Fairy?"

    TAG: Ktala and Mitth/>/>
  5. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Night/Side Arc
    Alera Blueflare

    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    She gently floated down towards Norghar and spoke to him.

    "What's wrong my friend, what do you see?
    that makes your words come not so free?"


    She asked him in a soft whisper. Poor Norghar! If he shook any harder, his teeth would chatter.

    "Will-o'-the-wisp." it came as a whisper, trying harder he forced the word to come louder from his trembling lungs. "Will-o'-the-wisp's are bad luck, and I have nothing left to lose but life and limb. I fear not what is, b-b-but what w-will b-be n-n-now that I have...I have been with a-a-a-a W-wi-will-o'-the-wisp."

    He looked so ... so sad. Was that sad? Alera's eyes went wide for a moment, as they waited for the Willy to speak.

    She then suddenly broke out into soft laughter, as her light changed its glow softly. She floated down gently next to Norghar, and shook her head gently, as she patted his soft furry arm.

    "Who is this they, this they that say
    that Will-o'-the-wispiess are bad luck anyway?
    They are just cousins of the night, like me
    who wander around in damp places to see
    what foods they can find to fill there needs."

    She put her hands on her sword, and gave him a nod.

    "Besides, you have not lost everything, in that you dont see..
    I'm still here with you, And I will still be,
    If anything the Starfallen made you lose what you had,
    But Im sure with Glinda's help, things will all soon be glad."


    Alera shook her head, as she hovered near him, when the Willy decided to speak once more.

    About time!

    The Wisp took a deep breath. "That sounds.... very nice.... I would like bugs and dust to eat." He jangled his lamp a bit, the light inside bobbing up and down. "What will you have me do, Night Fairy?"

    Alera clapped her hands as she gave a huge grin. Now, to keep things simple. Willies, tended to be rather the drifty sort, worse than talking to tree sprites. They took forever to think on stuff, and sometimes, they went off topic. But still, all in all quite ok to be with.

    Alera looked over at the fort, and then back towards the Wispy.

    "I want you and your friends to keep their lights away,
    from the big old fort, and where the people inside stay
    They dont understand the night like we do,
    your lights seem to make them so very confused."
    And I will now help you, as much as I can.."


    Alera gave a grin, as she dug into her pouch, adjusting her size to make herself almost the same size as the will o'wisp. Catching bugs in the dark would be easy. All she had to do, was to change her light. And as for the dust...

    Alera pulled out a tiny pouch inside of her bag where she stored many of her prized possessions. She stuck a tiny hand inside and began to softly chant. She then withdrew a handful of powder. Looking around, she found a leaf that she could gently pour the dust on.

    "Do you have a name?" she asked, as she laid the dust down for the willy, gesturing for Norghar to back up some. Willies kinda got crazy, when it came time to eat...

    Noghar was already nervous enough ... it was best not let him get too worried.



    TAG: Mitth, GM's
  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    ( Daytime )


    He had ordered waffles.

    When the man brought the waffles over to the table, Mike grabbed the utensils and started digging in. Munching on the food, he wiped the syrup that began dripping down his chin. "Heh. Oops. 'Scuse me."

    He hadn't been in Oz very long, but the food was tasting better ever time he ate it. He wondered if people of Oz had ever heard of cheeseburgers. He could go for one of those right about now.

    TAG: Daytime folks...

  7. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Sorry I haven't posted here in a while my dear friends. Winter Break has been positively horrendous for me, RL wise. Said break ends on Thursday for me, and I expect to finally overcome the big weights that have held me down these last weeks sometime around then. By the end of this week, I will: 1.) be back on the weekly update schedule, and 2.) have a post here. Thanks for your patience, and I look forward to a strong Spring! :)

    -I_H
  8. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: As promised, and at the nick of time to boot!

    Daytime/Main Arc

    IC: Lt. Jenna Samesun
    Location: The Silver Spoon, The Eastern Fort

    A few minutes after the Starfallen had gotten their breakfast, the Lieutenant from outside came into the Inn. She was now wearing a suit of lightfitting armor, with a long rifle strapped around her back. She seemed to be looking for someone....

    The Lieutenant walked around the Inn, looking over the tables, until her eyes rested upon Mike and other Starfallen.

    She strode over to the table and stood at the front of it.

    "Alright!" she said in a bright mood. "You guys all full and ready to go? We need to be heading off if we are to reach Glinda before supper. Take whatever it is you haven't finished yet and please board the standing outside wagon immediately. I'll alert our escorts we are ready to depart, and then we'll be on our way."

    She saluted, then walked out of the inn to do just that.

    TAG: Dubya, Anne, Twinky

    Night/Side Arc

    IC: Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp
    Location: Fields outside the Eastern Fort

    The Will-o'-the-wisp looked out towards the fort as Alera gestured to it, talking in rhyme about how Willis' lantern was confusing the people who lived inside of it.

    Oh look. There was a fort there. What a strange contraption. It looked like a large box. Why would they care about what he did.

    How confusing.

    Willis took in a deep and rattling breath. It wasn't purposeful really. It was how Will-o'-the-wisp's breathed. Still, the living tended to find it a little unnerving.

    "That sounds...... fine." the Will-o'-the-wisp said. "If the fort people..... take.... such offense."

    It sniffed the air, and its translucent eyes darted to the fairy.

    "Dusssssssst" it said, its mouth starting to open much on its own.

    She set the dust on a leaf and set it down and the fairy asked for his name...

    "Brlaurgwah!" the Will-o'-the-wisp sounded and it jumped on top of the leaf in an extraordinary burst of speed. "It began snarfing and snurfling around the dust, inhaling and ingesting as much as it could.

    After a moment in time, Willis settled down. Mmmm, dust. Soooo goooood. And it was good dust too. Tottenhot Magic Dust was extremely delicious.

    The Will-o'-the-wisp sat down on the leaf, panting a little bit. It was slowly returning to the slow character Will-o's were known for.

    "You...." he said. "asked me.... my name."

    Willis burped.

    "I am.... known.... as Willis."

    It blinked.

    "Yes.... Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp."

    It blinked again and rubbed its belly.

    "And... who.... are you.... Tottenhott?"

    TAG: Ktala and Mitth/>
  9. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    Daytime - The Inn


    He nearly choked on his food when the Lieutenant approached them and started giving orders. He listened to her as he took a swig of the colorful liquid in the glass in front of him.

    She left the place and Mike looked around at the others. "I guess it's time to go." He grabbed the rest of the food that was in his plate and began shoving it into the pockets of the baggy trousers he got way back when they first arrived in town after the crash. He still wore the blood stained San Jose Sharks hockey jersey. Even though it was a mess, he couldn't bear to part with it. After all, it was his only link to the life he used to have.

    He slid the strap of the stick bag over his shoulder again and headed for the exit.

    TAG: Anyone else that's still around...
  10. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort
    Night/Side Arc


    "That sounds...... fine." the Will-o'-the-wisp said. "If the fort people..... take.... such offense."

    GREAT! They had an agreement! The Willie sniffed the air, and its translucent eyes darted to the fairy.

    "Dusssssssst" it said, its mouth starting to open much on its own.

    WOW.

    She set the dust on a leaf and set it down and the fairy asked for his name...
    Alera knew that Willies tended to get a bit crazy...

    But Alera simply had to grin at this Willy!

    "Brlaurgwah!" the Will-o'-the-wisp sounded and it jumped on top of the leaf in an extraordinary burst of speed. "It began snarfing and snurfling around the dust, inhaling and ingesting as much as it could.

    Alera giggled softly. It was quite a sight, to be sure. She was waiting to see if the poor leaf was going to go up as well, the way be was snorting. After a moment in time, he settled down. The Will-o'-the-wisp sat down on the leaf, panting a little bit. It was slowly returning to the slow character Will-o's were known for.

    'Note to self...NEVER get between Willy and its food!' Alera thought with antoher soft giggle.

    "You...." he said. "asked me.... my name." He burped.
    "I am.... known.... as Willis."

    It blinked.

    "Yes.... Willis the Will-o'-the-wisp."

    Alera clapped her hands happily. What a perfect name! The Will-o-the-wisp? That extra word, made his name sound quite interesting indeed.

    It blinked again and rubbed its belly.

    "And... who.... are you.... Tottenhott?"


    Alera gave a smile, and a small bow as she twirled about in the air.

    Alera is the name Im known,
    By Tottenhotts and friends so bold
    It was nice to meet you, Willis-o'-the-wisp,
    And help you with your food gathering list,

    But I think my companion is tired and done,
    So we must head back, before he's all tired and done.
    But I'm glad to meet you, and have so much fun!

    Alera hovered near Norghar once more. She was quite sure he was ready to call it a night, and to slink off to sleep. After all, he would be doing most of the ridding tomorrow.

    ;)


    TAG: Mitth_Fisto, Imperal_Hammer


    ---
    And just to not get too far behind...


    The Silver Spoon, The Eastern Fort
    Daytime/Main Arc

    A muffled snoring could be heard high within the rafter of the Silver Spoon.

    Alera, having spent the night, dealing with the Will-o-wips all night, and prancing around with Norghar, Alera had come just before daylight. After polishing off a bit of wine, she slunk down into her makeshift bedroll. It was a safer place than Norghar's apron, for he needed to sleep as well. A pouch was hung far above.

    Alera had hung out her traveling home, just before shrinking back down to size, and curling up for the night, safe from being sat on by others.

    Every so often, giggling could be heard coming from the rafters as well.

    TAG: ANYONE
  11. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort
    (Daytime)

    The Snow Leopard casually skipped the buffet line, merely settling into a chair at the table with the Starfallen once they?d gotten their food. Conversation was kept to a minimum while the humans ate, but Avani didn?t mind, and passed the time watching as people drifted in and out of the Inn.

    When Lt. Samesun came over to alert the group of their imminent departure from the Fort, Avani waited patiently as the Starfallen prepared to go, and quietly trotted along behind Mike as he headed out to the aforementioned wagon that was to take them to Glinda?s Palace.

    Avani was looking forward to the trip.

    Tag: Dubya_Scott, Twinky_Stryder, GM, others
  12. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Mike Biccum
    The Fort - Daytime)


    He stood outside the Inn and looked at the wagon. Being a pro athlete, Mike was used to traveling across great distances in the teams aircraft. This wagon was nowhere near that.

    Mike happened to glance back at the snow leopard Avani. "The last journey I took through this strange land almost got me killed. I can only imagine what's waiting out there." He then hoisted himself up into the wagon.

    TAG: JediMasterAnne, Twinky, any other Daytime folk...



    OOC: And congrats on the "Best RPer", Anne. ;)
  13. Mitth_Fisto Chosen One

    Member Since:
    Sep 29, 2005
    star 6
    IC: Norghar the Tinkerer
    In Fields outside the Eastern Fort
    Night/Side Arc

    To say that he experienced fear, would be like saying that a river was a little wet. As was, if had worn more clothes, he would of needed knew ones when that Will of, well you know what...opened its mouth into such a gaping maw and revealed it's slowness all an act in the presence of magical dust upon what had once been an intact leaf.

    Standing frozen in spot he simply stared with eyes wide, and for a moment after Alera spoke to him he still just stood there until his mental cogs finally began to turn again.

    As her previous words sank in he turned somewhat mechanically and hopped one short hop back to the fort, and then one more, then another, and then slightly quicker. Then before the fifth could touch down he was off like a shot, hands nearly touching the dirt with each powered bound, tail straight back to prevent his toppling over in his head long rush to the safety of the gate.

    TAG: Ktala, Imp
  14. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alera Blueflare
    In the Fields outside the Eastern Fort
    Night/Side Arc


    As Alera told the willy her name, and thanked him for his help, she noticed poor Norghar seemed frozen to the spot. But only for a moment. Then, he turned somewhat stiffly, and hopped one short hop back to the fort, and then one more, then another, and then slightly quicker. Then before the fifth could touch down he was off like a shot, hands nearly touching the dirt with each powered bound, tail straight back to prevent his toppling over in his head long rush to the safety of the gate.

    Alera watched him, as he quickly gained speed, and then shot as if there were demons behind him as he headed for the gates back into town. Alera giggled softly, he looked soooo funny. "Dont forget to tell the other will-o'-whisps as well!" she called to Called to Willis softly.

    She waved good-bye to the Will-o-Wispy, and headed back towards the gate, expanding herself abit, as she still giggled softly. Poor Norgharie! He could not wait to get back. She wondered vaguely why others seem to by so bothered by the Willies...? She wondered if there were any strange stuff said about Tottenhots. She hummed softly as she flew.

    Oh well. Nothing she could do about that now! As she made her way back towards the gates, she flew ahead of Norghar, so she could light the way to the right gate. She then tugged on the 'doorbell' the guards had shown the both of them eariler. One, Two tugs on the chain as she waited for a response. One the guards, let them in, she looked to see if the older guard who was there earlier was still around. She had a message for him.



    TAG: Mitth, Imperial_H
  15. JediMasterAnne Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 24, 2004
    star 4
    IC: Avani Kirsh
    The Eastern Fort
    (Daytime)

    "The last journey I took through this strange land almost got me killed. I can only imagine what's waiting out there," Mike was saying as he hopped into the wagon.

    Avani braced her forepaws against the side of the wagon for a moment, standing on her hind legs so she could meet the human?s gaze. ?Ideally, the further south we go, the safer we?ll be from the Imperials, so this trip shouldn?t be as bad as yesterday?s.?

    Hopefully, she thought to herself, falling back on to all fours.

    Tag: Dubya_Scott, Twinky_Stryder, GM, others
  16. reuvas Jedi Padawan

    Member Since:
    Jan 27, 2010
  17. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    Important GM's Announcement:

    Please see this thread regarding the future of this game. I will announce new GMs as/if they come in.

    -I_H
  18. Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs

    Member Since:
    Sep 25, 2004
    star 5
    GM's OOC: Well folks, I haven't heard anything from anyone on taking this over, so I'm locking it up. This one has been a very fascinating ride, as I would have sworn this game would have died after leaving Center Munch! But you all persevered! Truly the core group at the end of this game was one of the most dedicated batch of players in my experience here so far. Perhaps it is nice then that this game rounds this stretch of my GMing career.

    I thank you for volunteering your time towards this crazy project. I mean, its Oz right? Who would have thought something like this would go on, gotten awards, and all that! I wish I could have played this all the way through to the end. There was an end believe it or not. We would have explored more of Oz's interesting geography. If this is a premature lock and someone wants to bring *this* game back, the Mods certainly have my blessing to do so. If not, well I will remember you for my games upon my eventual return! And I hope you will remember me too! :)

    Thanks again friends!
    -Neil

Moderators: Penguinator, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.