main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fantasy Oz: The Heart of Emerald - Always Accepting New Adventurers!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Imperial_Hammer , Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov
    Lufthansa cabin

Masha wrested free from the mans grasp, she must have taken him by surprise having snapped to so quickly. She grabbed an armrest, and saw a dead passenger. Masha fell back and looked at the limp body. Placing a hand on her knee she forced herself up, stumbling back to her seat. 'Which was it... ' She thought, trying to remember. Masha spotted her old duffel bag, another inheritance from her grandpa. Slinging it over her back she regained most of her awareness and walked heavily to the exit that an the older man had just opened.

Tags: Hammurabi, Lukes_Apprentice, others

2. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    IC: Mike Biccum
    The plane wreckage

The stewardess said that she was okay, and told him to exit the plane. Then, down the slide on the ground, someone was yelling up at them. It looked like a guy in a green jumpsuit. Did one of the passengers get out already? But, none of the emergency exits were open until just now... It must have been a bystander that witnessed the plane going down.

The stewardess appeared to be stuck in the seat. She yelled back down to the green jumpsuit, ?Sir, if you have a knife, and can get it to me without damaging the slide, or,? she glanced up at Mike, ?Mr Biccum; I could definitely use it. Otherwise, please stay outside and get passengers to the treeline.?

Mike glanced down at the slide. Then back to the tangled belt that held the stewardess prisoner in the seat. There was no way that he, or the green jumpsuit, could get back up that slide. It was too steep, too slick and too "balloony" to climb.

Mike swore under his breath. He had been instructed to exit the plane, but he couldn't leave this woman trapped in here. He didn't know what to do...

As he slid his shoes off, preparing to slide down the giant yellow balloon, Mike yelled back down the cabin of the plane, "Anybody have a kni--" He stopped when he realized what he was saying. In today's post-9/11 world, nobody would have a knife or cutting tool on a plane.

Wait... They serve meals on these long flights, don't they? "There's a kitchen of some kind here, right?" he asked the stewardess. "Are there any sharp utensils we could use to cut you out of there?"

TAG: Simone Stormwind, Ronan Kennedy, any other plane passengers...

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    IC: Howard Johnson

When the teenager came to she immediately struggled and ran before he coul talk to her she was headed to the exit. Hoiward shrugged he would try to talk to her later and apolgise if he had offended her . Mean while luke had found another exit and act like a general jerk.
    I thought that teenager was a woman and it appears I have offended Luke.
    Howard rolled his eyes and followed luke out the exit he went throught still slightly dazed. Howard was conasant enough to ook around and see flame headed towards the plane. ?Crap,? said Howard.
    Hoard ran away from the flame towards the font of the plane and spotted man a one-piece dark green shipsuit. Odd no one one flight to his recollection was wearing that. He approached the man and said, ?I?m Howard Johnson United States Navy off-duty and who are you??
    Howard then asked before he answered, ?Can I help you or will I be getting in the way??

[b]Tag: Sith I-5 and plane people in earshot[/b]

4. Rally_Fan_84

Rally_Fan_84 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 14, 2009
    IC: Ronan Kennedy

?Sir, if you have a knife, and can get it to me without damaging the slide, or,?

*At first, Ronan Kennedy wondered about the state of the stewardess' mind. Up until that point he had considered her very brave and corageous in the face of this calamity, but he considered the fact that her request might entail some ulterior motive IE ending her suffering.

However a closer inspection of her situation told him volumes. As she spoke to a passenger that she called Mr. Biccum. he could see that while her visible injuries were superficial, she was trapped in her seat by a combination of shifted metal, jammed belt, and her own clothing.

As he spoke he unstrapped his knife in its sheath, formulating his own course of action in his head as he spoke.*

"Here, take my survival knife. Be careful, I had it sharpened just before I took off on my last flight, so don't gouge or slash yourself. Tell everybody to find me once they get out of the wreck, ill get them out the rest of the way.

Remember, everybody who is alive needs to get the hell off of this plane as fast as they can. Since the ditch has a pretty steep side, ill take my rescue rope and tie it off at the treeline, give people something else to hold onto besides their..."

*His explaination of the rough unassisted climb he was going to have to undertake was interrupted by one of the passengers. Though his clothing was nothing extraordinary that gave his demeanour away, his haircut screamed military, and the way he demanded an answer hinted at him either being a high-level Noncom or an outright officer*

?I?m Howard Johnson United States Navy off-duty and who are you??

*Kennedy was about to reply with a random famous female celebrity name and a sarcastic question of his own, but the navy man continued unabated*

?Can I help you or will I be getting in the way??

*Kennedy stowed his own sarcastic quips. Despite the huffy greeting, the man still had the mental faculties to either help or clear out, something that most people didn't in cases like this (understandably of course, crashing in at hundreds of miles per hour isnt exactly good for the psyche)

Rather than stretch and nearly fall off of the wreck in an attempt to reach the pinned flight attendant, Kennedy simply tossed the survival knife clasped in its sheath to the navy man, speaking after it was caught*

"Yes you can help. Give her that knife and help her get free. Then get out of this hulk, its liable to blow at any second. Once youre out, come find me, ill have a rope down. Everybody needs to get up the embankment and away from this wreck if and when it goes up. Theres going to be a lot of force and shrapnel and a barrier between us and flying debris would be nice. Now go, move."

*The last part was more for Kennedy than anybody else, a re-affirmation that they could not have enough time to evacuate and clear away from this bad situation.

The sprint from the wreck to the side of the ditch was fast and easy. The climb up and out was quick and odious and taxing. The loose burned dirt proved to be less than ideal for ascending, and half of the charred tree roots that stuck out of the dirt snapped off in his hands. Occasionally some sharp shard of debris bit into his hand with a sting, and would have made him pause had not the apprehension of sliding back down the embankment in an undignified manner spurred him onwards.

After getting to the top and jogging over to his equipment, then rummaging around in his pack until he found the 150 feet of rescue rope that he kept in the pack. As he yanked it out of the bag, and put his Cubs hat back on his head after realizing that he had knocked it off earlier, he pondered the current situation in his mind*

What am I, nuts? Im not Jason-freaking-Statham or anybody like that. I'm some shlub backwoods pilot who managed to get into the same jam as everybody else. Ana would...

Well Ana would be yelling for me to mo

5. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    co-GM OOC: Rally_Fan_84, I'm not entirely sure where you're getting the ditch and the rope from, but I don't think either are really necessary. :)

IC: Lufthansa Flight 534 - Now Crashed
    Location: North Munchkinland, 3 miles outside of the Gates of Center Munch

To an ignorant outside observer, the spectacle might have been pretty. To the passengers, however, it must have been terrifying. Flames licked the rear of the aircraft, rapidly filling the cabin with smoke. Some smoke escaped through the open emergency exits - and of course, the gaping hole where the cockpit had been - but not nearly enough to keep the air breathable.
    Speaking of the emergency exits, they had gotten them open none too soon: the same flames were heating up the plane's metal body at an alarming rate. The walls of the cabin were currently uncomfortably warm to the touch, and soon they would be hot enough to cook on. Which would be good if you wanted to cook something on it, not so good if you were trying to get out.

As if to punctuate the trouble they were in, something exploded towards the rear.

On the bright side, most of the passengers had either managed to stagger or slide out of the aircraft, or were in the process of doing so. Simone Stormwind was the only one really trapped, stuck in her safety harness, but the judicious application of Ronan Kennedy's sharp knife soon freed her. Beside her, the other cabin crew survivors were doing their best to help passengers out, be it with directions (if they were conscious), or physically moving them (if they were not). A burly steward and a not-so-burly stewardess half-carried, half-dragged an unconscious Jordan Carlise out of the plane, and another stewardess was calling hoarsely for the people still inside to keep moving to the exits.

Another explosion cut through the night air.

Those who were outside the plane - most of the surviving passengers, by now - and still conscious heard shouts in the distance. Shouts, and horses whinnying, and the sound of hooves pounding hard ground. Someone, or to be precise several someones, were approaching fast. It was of course the Munchkin fire brigade, along with Alera Blueflare who had managed to hitch a ride without anyone noticing ... not that the dazed passengers would know that. The wagons let out a high squeal as they slid into position, and a voice screeched through the air:

"Get clear, everybody!"

And a massive spray of water shot in the general direction of the fire, drenching it and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way.

TAG: Flight Folks ? Twinky, Lukes_Apprentice, Hammurabi, Chukles, Joesha, QGR, Sithy, Renegade, Dubya, Rally_Fan, Ktala

[b]IC: Employee at The Ruby Slipper[/b]
    [i]Location: The Ruby Slipper, Center Munch[/i]

A passing waitress, a cheerful youngster shorter than Bill, shrugged in response to the munchkin professor's question. "Don't know, sir," she said happily. "Maybe someone's decided to start th' Fair early!"

Of course, that couldn't be farther from the truth: especially considering the contingent of soldiers in Emerald City livery that just ran past the window. The Emperor's soldiers wouldn't be carrying full arms if it were just some revellers. This was serious business.

[b]TAG: Ruby Slipper folks - Ramza, Trimaj, HS29[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: Drunken Guy[/b]
    [i]Location: King Stephen's, Center Munch[/i]

The rumbles stopped just as soon as they begun, and if David Borkshaw was quick, he might have been able to regain his seat before anyone noticed. It was just his luck, however, that a random drunken Munchkin at the bar near him had decided to dive under as well.

"Ah hah!" he exclaimed, waving a tankard dangerously close to David's face. Ale slopped over the drunk's hand. "Fest'vities must've started! Come my friend!"

He scrambled up and out of David's sight, but it was clear where he was headed: outside, and towards whatever had made that noise.

[b]TAG: Reynar[/b]

[hr]
    [b]IC: The Emperor?s Driver[/b]
    [i]Location: Yellow Brick Road towards Munchkinland[/i]

The

6. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare
    Hanging on for dear life!....

'Bippty frumpty, this thing is bumpity!' Alera thought to herself, as she hung on to the fire wagon. What a fine adventure already. And the festival had not even started yet!

And what a strange site greeting her eyes! A huge metal thingamagig, sat on the ground, looking all broken. Flames were coming from the thing, and now a big BOOOM! cut through the air. But what caught her eye, was the strange creatures that crawled from inside the broken thing, out into the night air.

These things were tall, and dressed all strangely. And they walked and acted strangely. Maybe the crumpled thingie on the ground, was not supposed to be that way. Her thoughts were interrupted as the wagons let out a high squeal as they slid into position, and a voice screeched through the air:

"Get clear, everybody!" OH!. Though Alera, fireworks AND a show!

Just then, massive spray of water shot in the general direction of the fire, drenching it and anyone unfortunate enough to be in the way. Alera was glad she was out of the way, and began to scan the people. She was curious, if any interesting looking people were onboard. She liked at the huge crumpled thingie on the ground. She wondered if it would have some interesting shinies inside...

TAG: No one DIRECTLY at the moment..., GM

OOC: Any short looking folks on this plane? (Kids included..) :p

7. Hammurabi

Hammurabi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 14, 2007
    Luke Glass
    Wreckage of Lufthansa Flight 534

[blockquote]As Luke staggered out of the plane, he looked behind him. Others were now emerging from the exit behind him, and now the young pilot he had met was over talking to somebody in a silly green jumpsuit. Luke disregarded the both of them and surveyed the plane wreckage. The plane kept getting worse, and Luke figured it wouldn't be around much longer, despite the clown parade that had shown up to pour water on it.

Luke understood what he was probably irrational, but he had been around long enough that he didn't particularly feel the need to obey reason. He threw off the jacket of his suit and walked towards the plane, hot as it was. He pulled off the hatch leading to the cargo bay - it wasn't hard, it had already come dislodged during the landing - and he limped his way inside, where he began rummaging through packages in search of his own, tossing out the bags that weren't his. It was hot as hell inside the plane, and probably dangerous, but he wanted his luggage, and he didn't intend to leave without it.
    [/blockquote][b]Tag: anybody in the vicinity of the plane[/b]

8. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    IC: Alisha "Wraith" Kayla/ Center Munch/ Munchkinland
    Dining Room, Ruby Slipper
    Oznards: 30

Tonn's smirk was what did it. It being make her heart beat a little faster. Dang it. This is neither the time or the place. But he's so cute when he does that... She was in love, and there was little Alisha could do about it. Or wanted to for that matter. When he took a sip, it reminded Wraith of her own which quickly followed suit in being consumed some. A sip, really, meaning that she didn't need to wipe her mouth.

His next comments made the smile go away, as Alisha knew that money was too tight to have spent as much as had been done. Head hanging slightly, "I know I shouldn't have... I just couldn't stand stale bread and hard cheese again. It wasn't like it was that much to begin with." Which was actually the whole problem. Odds were if they'd gone to one of the cheaper hotels, they still wouldn't have been able to afford more than two or three days with food included.

A prettily plump waitress started their way with two bowls full of stew when the entire building seemed to try to shake itself into the basement. Alisha found herself sitting on her toosh, which wasn't really different. That it was now deposited on the not so clean floor was. It was rapidly becoming less clean as varied liquids and things started making their way across said floor.

Quickly scampering to her feet, not wanted to become anymore covered in stew than she already was, Alisha looked around bewildered. It was almost as if the whole city had decided to say boo, and the tone of voice wasn't very friendly. The fact that it happened again, even worse mere seconds later only made it that much worse.

This time she was far more dirty, and definitely more bruised, upon rising. Everyone else was scampering to their feet, but Kayla was unsure if there was going to be yet another boo from the city or not. After several moments of nothing, she helped herself into her chair again and looked down at herself. What is that, broccoli? Alisha hadn't been clean for days, and this was just almost too much.

Looking over at Tonn, the obvious question was written on her face. "What's going on?" That seemed to be the question of the day, and from the sounds of scampering outside no one really knew.

A munchkin dressed in his bed clothes came down the stairs, which also happened to be near the kitchen doors, and asked if they knew what was happening. Before either she or Tonn could reply a somehow still cheerful waitress and also a bit on the low side intervened. The fair? If that was the fair then this place is crazy. Glancing outside, there were not soldiers going past. "Somehow I doubt that was the fair." The chaos would be good for a thief, and were she actually clean then she and Tonn might have earned a bit of money. As things stood... well, that just wasn't going to happen.

Actually taking the time to look over their new visitor, Alisha was vaguely bemused. This had to be someone from the university, as no one else would likely be caught dead in a night gown of that particular style. Of course, this also ignored the vague bookishness about the Munchkin. "My name's Carrie." She refused to give out her real name, doing so in her profession simply got one killed. "That's Bob," pointing at Tonn and trying to think quickly, "We just got in from the farms. If you don't mind my asking... what exactly do you do?" Unable to place it, Kayla found there as something about this rather unusual looking munchkin that she liked. While all of this was going on, some part of her wondered if they were going to have to pay for more food.

TAG: HS29, RAMZA

OOC:
    if you don't like the name i chose steph, just edit whatever you want into my post. i don't mind.

:snoopy

9. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009
    OOC: The rope came from the survival gear, and the ditch, well, unless an aircraft that weighs most likely between 200,000 and 300,000 lbs (Airbus A300-900 and A380-800 aircraft respectively, the smallest and largest widebody aircraft that Lufthansa operates currently) arrows in on a ballistic trajectory and leaves a big crater will displace a lot of material when sliding in for a landing at the kinds of speeds that these things happen at, digging out a copious ditch.

But hey, if big heavy airplanes suddenly weigh like theyre made out of matchsticks and tissue paper in Oz :p...

Anywho...

*Running a mental checklist for the umpteenth time and coming up with nothing logical, Kennedy could only stare for a moment, and wonder if he was really seeing what the visual cortex was interpereting.

Apparently, a vintage horse drawn fire engine looking as if it was still in service had come charging down a path and up to the stricken former airliner, and started dousing it with nothing but water.

While granted the response time was remarkable, it was all adding up to something less than rational or reasonable, and Kennedy was starting to wonder if he had in fact was either in a coma or had outright died and gone to some odd afterlife that not one religion had accounted for.

There had been a thought clamoring for attention in his mind that made itself heard very quickly, and came out of his mouth.*

"What, what the hell...wait....

Oh my god, they're using water on jet fuel, I can't believe this..."

*Breaking away from trying to assemble any survivors that he could into one place for a quick re-assembly, Kennedy ran forward and started shouting at the people on the old fire engine*

"Stop you idiots, quit spraying water on that wreck! Its full of A-1 Jet fuel! You'll contaminate anybody left in the plane and make this entire area a fire hazard! Wait for the glow worms to get here!"

*As he ran after the fire engine, he couldn't help but think it was awfully big for something of that vintage. I mean the people on it looked tiny, very tiny for such an outdated piece of equipment...*

Tag:
    Munchkin Fire Brigade plus one (Ktala), all Lufthansa survivors

10. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    The plane wreckage

It all happened so quickly that Mike didn't even realize he was on the ground until the strange-looking vehicle showed up.

Apparently the huge explosion at the rear of the plane knocked him out the emergency exit and down the yellow slide.

But anyway, he was now standing on solid ground and watched as these people...were they people? These people started spraying water on the plane.

Staring at the strange newcomers, Mike mumbled, "What the hell...?"

TAG: whoever...

11. renegade142

renegade142 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2007
    IC: Masha Treskov
    Wreckage

'Take off my shoes... ' Masha thought, she had no intention of taking off her shoes. She stood at the exit door that a man in a suit had opened and slid down the yellow escape slide, holding her duffel on her stomach, keeping her shoes off of the material.

When Masha hit the ground she stumbled forward a little regaining her balance. Picking up her duffel bag Masha put it over her back again and looked around. Surveying the wreck and the small crater the plane had made, staring at the fires.

TAGS: Hammurabi, Lukes_Apprentice

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    IC: Jeremiah "Bill" Brannigan Fitzgerald
    The Ruby Slipper

Why the stairs were so close to the kitchen in the first place only just now began to bother Bill. Nonetheless, of more pressing interest was the waitress, who clearly had no idea what she was talking about. The notion that this sort of pandemonium was related to fair activities was preposterous. After all, the Shiz University booth had not yet been set up.

Which brought about the thought that it could have been the rebels, but that, too, seemed unlikely. Then again, Bill rarely followed the news, so maybe it was. Whatever it was, it had clearly been a very powerful reaction of some sort. And then there was the matter of the farm couple. Perhaps they required his attention the most at the moment.

"Me? My name's Jeremiah Fitzgerald, I'm a physicist by trade. Pleasure to make your acquaintances, but... do you think perhaps we should take a gander outside?"

[b]TAG: GM, Trim, HS29[/b]

[b]OOC:[/b] Now comes the weird part: Despite how he introduces himself, everyone calls Jerry "Bill" anyway. Yeah...

13. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    IC: Simone Stormwind.

Having caught the survival knife out of the air, like it was nothing, Simone slipped the blade down the inside of the grey safety belt, and quickly sawed her way to freedom, but not quick enough to stop a dark haired teenage girl from sliding to freedom with her shoes on.

The knife came up as the material parted before its blade, and a grateful stewardess rose to unsteady feet.

Next job, she put the blade to the hem of her skirt on the right side of her thigh, and holding the material taut between the thumb and two fingers on one hand, slit the restrictive garment up to her hip.
    Satisfied that she now had given herself sufficient range of movement to manage the terrain out there, she took the handle in one hand; and both her shoes in the other, then leapt out onto the yellow slide, skidding on her backside down to the furrowed topsoil, then rolling aside so as not to impede anyone following.

In spite of the heat and flames, she turned to take in the sight of the plane exterior, and was relieved to see that some of her colleagues had survived the disaster!

She could hear the commotion of someone in the luggage compartment under the cabin, and prior to this, thought that she would be alongside whoever was in there. Or grabbing provisions from the small kitchen.

But, the fething plane was on fire!

A bit of moisture splashed her, and her gaze slowly turned to see the jet of water striking the hot white fuselage, then followed the stream back to the hose and the odd looking fire tender.

?What on New Avalon?? She muttered, stunned, still standing at the base of the slide.

Tag: crash site folk

14. Ktala

Ktala Force Ghost star 6

Sep 7, 2002
    Alera Blueflare
    Plane Crashsite

"Stop you idiots, quit spraying water on that wreck! Its full of A-1 Jet fuel! You'll contaminate anybody left in the plane and make this entire area a fire hazard! Wait for the glow worms to get here!"

What a very strange thing for the strange man to yell at the fire brigade. Jet fuel? Plane? Glow worms? She did however, understand fire hazard. Maybe this Jet fuel was like cooking oil. Spraying water on it, made the stuff mad??

Well, she would let the Munchkin Fire Brigade figure it out. Right now, she looke at the huge brokken shiny thing. He had said anything left in the plane. So plane must be the broken thing. Well, if they came out of it, then might be shiny things inside of it. Fire didnt bother her, and fire was on the outside...

Alera watched some of the strange people slide down a funny looking yellow slide. It looked like fun. But now she was curious. What was inside the busted shiny thing?

Alera thought about it for only a second, before she carefully slipped from her hidden spot. A tiny flick of the wings, and she now looked like a soft glowing light, as she flew, quick and fast towards the busted shiney.

'Starfall, shiny big and brite, might hold prizes for tottenhot tonite!'

It was easy to slip past the funny people, who were too worried trying to get OUT of the thing, and to find one of the many openings to sneak in. Maybe she could even find something magical? Or more info on starfalls? Whatever, she knew she couldnt stay long, even with her shields, so she quickly darted about, searching the floors and other interesting areas, to find herself a prize.

She was also careful to look for anyone who might still be on the broken thing, and she would shut down her light, if she detected anyone.

Sharp eyes were on the lookout for ANY trinket she decided looked interesting..

OOC:
    And in her case, it could be anything... LOL
    SHINY!!!

15. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    OOC: Hammer Approved, and please excuse my late addition....

Character Sheet
    Name: Jaycen Bryce

If Outsider
    Nationality: American
    Profession: Sky Marshall

Hair Color / Style: Short brown

Eye Color: Deep Blue

Skin Color: White

Clothing: Faded Black jeans, Blue "western" shirt, Tony Lama boots, palm Leaf cowboy hat.

Other Points of Appearance: Scarring on knuckles, various tattoos, most notably an "Ace of Spades" on the back of his right fore-arm.

Weaponry: USAM Issue Sig P229 DAK .357, 3 spare clips (20 rounds each), Smith and Wesson Boot Knife, H&K Switchblade, Hand-cuffs

Biography:

Born and raised in Eastern Oregon, Bryce grew up on a small farm. His Father, retired Military, eventually pushed him into service shortly after he graduated. How ever the rigors of the military did not sit well with him. Instead he joined the ATF, and became an accomplished field agent. Later, he was drafted into the Federal Air Marshall Service, and unfortunately aboard the fated flight Lufthansa Flight 534, on which he had been sitting quietly until the crash....

[b]IC: Bryce[/b]
    [i]Wreckage[/i]

Nearly everyone was out of the plane when Air Marshall Bryce finally awoke. His head was throbbing like the time he got cracked with a pool cue, and he had the familiar feeling of blood trickling down his face. He wiped his eye clear, glancing around the plane. A near-by suitcase was his first clue as to what had become of his head, and he mumbled something about securing the over head compartments. He undid his seat-belt, and stood, just then noticing the rising heat, a subtle hint he ought to make his way to one of the various exits, located there, there, and there. He knew from the pre-flight announcements that his was located behind him, and he followed the lighted walk way towards it, spying his slightly banged up hat in a seat a few rows back, on the way to the exit. He placed it firmly on his head, which did little to alleviate the head-ache, but made him farm more comfortable.

Finally, his training started to sink in. He paused, and checked to make sure no other passengers were in the Cabin. Aside from the stewardess who's head he could see leaving the plane, he was the last. He hurried to the kitchen and pried open some of the damaged doors with his switchblade, and grabbed a few large bags containing a bunch of small bags of peanuts, and a gallon of water. He tossed those down the nearest slide before exiting himself and assessing the chaos on the ground.

What stuck out to him immediately was the old-time water-wagon like the Fire Department used to drive down main street during the Fourth of July parade, and the strangely "fun-sized" people who were operating it toward the other end of the plane from whcih he had exited. Then next thing that jumped to his mind was the man running toward the wagon screaming for them to stop, which seemed like an excellent idea, the man obviously knew his stuff.

At this point all his years of training had pretty much gone out the window. They didn't spend much time of crashing, mostly on shooting to kill, and terrorist identification (they used flash cards). He saw the stewardess standing at the base of different slide, and started her direction, pulling his badge from his back pocket.

"Stewardess? Ma'am. Jaycen Bryce, US Air Marshall, do you know if all passengers have made it off the plane...more over do you have any idea where we are?"

[b]Tag: Sithy[/b]

16. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Darth Vaders Cousin!!! :eek: :D [:D] Uh, my bro'... [face_blush]

IC: Simone Stormwind

The young stewardess noted the approach of one of the passengers out of the corner of her eye, coming along the exterior of the fuselage towards her. She recognised his startling blue eyes from when she had leaned over to hand him the chicken dinner.
    She shook the distracting memory away, and automatically started to direct him out of the area: ?Sir, you need to vacate this area. If you head towards the man in the green jumpsuit??

Her voice tailed off as he started to produce a badge of some kind, glinting in the firelight; she became acutely aware that she was still holding a big knife in her other hand.

? Stewardess? Ma'am. Jaycen Bryce, US Air Marshall,? He said, greeting and identifying himself, ?do you know if all passengers have made it off the plane...more over do you have any idea where we are??

Air Marshall, She thought, staring at him, a lot of fething good you have been. Aloud though, she responded professionally. ?As far as I know, everyone who is conscious and mobile has left the plane, although there was banging about in the luggage compartment just now.? She directed his gaze to the breached opening in the lower part of the dented and creased tube that was the fuselage. ?Anyone unconscious, or too badly injured to move would still inside, and I just hope we have a chance to go back for them.? She ducked involuntarily as one of the engines that they had several hundred metres back along the ditch, erupted into a secondary explosion. ?You know what, we should probably get out of here? wherever ?here? is.?

She took a step towards the treeline, and visibly winced as her stockinged foot trod on something hard. Lifting her feet one at a time to re-shod them, something occurred to her.
    ?Marshall Bryce? That man in the green was trailing us in a military-style plane; maybe he knows where we are.?

Tag: Bryce

17. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Jordan Carlisle
    Wreckage

Jordan didn't know how long he had been out. The first thing he became aware of was that his lungs were no longer burning, though he couldn't begin to figure out why. Slowly, his brain began to start working, and he realized that he must be outside the plane again. In a flash, memories of the crash came back to him. He coughed a time or two, and his head began to focus a bit.

The first thing he became truly aware of was that his head was throbbing. It hurt more than anything he'd yet experienced. Slowly, his eyes flitted open. It was dark, and the first thing he saw was that he was lying relatively near to a fire.... wagon? He hadn't seen one of those in a long time. And.... the people manning it were.... well..... rather short. Munchkin size, even.

He looked around some more and saw the burning plane in the distance. Several stewardesses were standing nearby, and other passengers were spread out all over the place. The land seemed... strange? Normal? He couldn't decide. His head had yet to fully rearrange itself. One more look at the fire wagon and Jordan was convinced he was crazy. He noticed the.... hockey player, that was it, nearby. He stood. His body ached all over, and he almost fell back down. He winced, but forced himself to stand. He carefully moving over to the man. After several steps, he was walking almost normally. As he neared, he spoke.

"Hey...." Jordan gestured over to the fire wagon, "Am...... am I..... seeing what I think I'm seeing?" he asked.

TAG: Dubya_Scott, others

18. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    IC: Tonn Denroth
    Dining Room, Ruby Slipper

The look that came across Alisha's face upon learning of their money situation was enough to send his heart crashing into his feet. He never intended to hurt her and he especially didn't want her to think that this was all her fault, but that's exactly how it came across. That left him with only one choice - to make this up to her without inflicting any damage. It was a tricky situation but if anyone could pull it off, it was Tonn.

"Hey, listen, doll, I didn't--" his attempt at making amends was effectively cut off by a violent shaking that rattled the foundation of the entire hotel. His palms were instantly clutching the side of the table for support as the chair bounced around under his rump before becoming still once more. But the damage had been done. His half empty mug of ale was tipped on its side, the golden liquid pouring in a steady stream from the opening before it dripped off of the side of the table and onto the floor. In fact, the floor in itself had become nothing short of a trash heap. Food scraps, spilled stew and drinks and other various eating utensils were scattered about. But out of all the objects that were re-located to the floor, only one in particular caught his attention. Alisha.

A half smirk tugged at his lips as Tonn lifted himself from the chair and walked around the table to kneel before the crumpled mess that was now his partner. She was decorated in a wide array of food and drink, just like the floor, and he would've been lying to himself if he refused to admit that it was a humorous sight. "I knew you were hungry, but this hungry?" he pointed out playfully as he dipped a finger into some of the stew embedded onto her sleeve before thrusting the finger into his mouth for a taste. "Not bad," he smacked his lips together and ran his tongue along his upper lip. "Could use some more spice, though." He angled his head back down to look at the misshapen form sitting before him and cocked an eyebrow in that same playful manner. "You alright? You took quite a spill. Someone must be overly excited to get on with the festivities."

A waitress passed by just at that moment, taking note of their situation and commenting on the strange phenomenon that had just transpired. It was almost as if she had been eavesdropping on their conversation and Tonn wasn't a fan. In fact, he was very serious with dealing with their ilk and his piercing blue gaze was now angled in her direction, watching her every move when another peculiar sight caught his attention. A munckin...wearing a night gown.

The little guy was quick to come to their aide and just like everyone else in the room, he was rather curious about the strange earthquake that had just rocked their little world. A scoff issued from Tonn's throat as he clasped Alisha's hand and helped pull her back to her feet. The little guy had every right to express concern over his situation, but that didn't stop Tonn for wanting to have some fun with him. He opened his mouth to speak when Alisha beat him to the punch and went into a rather awkward introduction. She was apparently Carrie and he was now going by the name Bob.

Bob?

Tonn's face twisted up unsatisfactory at his new alias. Of course it made sense not to give out their real names given their occupation, but there were plenty of other names that could've worked over Bob. He would be bringing this up with Alisha the next time they got a free moment and the glare he shot in her direction only reiterated that point. This was serious stuff, after all...until the munchkin revealed his name. From that point on, being stuck with 'Bob' didn't seem all like a terrible idea.

"Outside?" Tonn repeated as he considered the newcomer's question. Placing his hands on either side of his utility belt, he shot another glance to Alisha before nodding his head slowly. "I don't see why not. But just for a moment. Just so we can see what's going on," he warned, pointing directly into the little man's face. "We're payi

19. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    OOC: I've decided to start playing Zvezda as though he is being portrayed in the film adaptation by Bill Nighy...and Blu, you seriously have to watch for your tags!

Zvezda Utra
    Yellow Brick Road

Suddenly, the soldier was off, running up the road towards whatever it was that had fallen from the sky. Zvezda poked his head out of the cart, in time to catch a crass utterance by the driver. The demon frowned, leaning back into the cart. "Well, he's certainly eager..." he intoned, amused.

He needed a stretch soon, a good flap, otherwise he'd go mental from the confined quarters. Of course, with things falling from the sky, he didn't exactly feel like it was the best idea at this point in time...

Zvezda looked to his other companions. "It occurs to me that we haven't really been properly introduced; my name is Zvezda Utra. Pleasure to meet you." The Black Demon extended his hand to the great bears, still a bit unsure of how to behave about them.

Tag: BSSL, Fisto, Blubeast

20. Dubya_Scott

Jun 11, 2002
    Looking at the plane wreckage

"Hey...." Jordan said to him, "Am...... am I..... seeing what I think I'm seeing?"

Mike turned to Jordan, then back to the little people. "If you're seeing little midgets running around shooting water at the plane, then, yes, I think you are..."

Mike looked around at the area. The grass, the treeline... He had no clue where they were. He thought they had been flying over water. "We musta landed on some small uncharted island in the Pacific, eh?" He looked back at Jordan. "This doesn't make any sense. We should be under water right now."

TAG: Chukles, any others at the wreckage...

21. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004

22. Imperial_Hammer

Imperial_Hammer Manager Emeritus: RPFs star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 25, 2004
    GM's OOC: Another round of updates coming if not tomorrow than Thursday. Get your posts in pronto if you want in on the next set.

-I_H

23. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    IC: John O?Neil
    The Plane Wreck

The buzzing in John?s head was slowly strangling all conscious thought. He whirled slightly, catching himself before he toppled to the soft soil. Dazzling blue sky and blaring emerald fields...dazzling blue sky and blaring emerald fields...sky...fields...sky...fields...

?Hey,? he heard someone call. ?Am?am I?seeing what I think I?m seeing??

?If you?re seeing little midgets running around shooting water at the plane,? said another voice, the tone vaguely familiar, but the words streaking blue flames across his feverish mind.

I?m going crazy.

?Then, yes, I think you are.?

My God.

Unwilling to trust the fiendish breach of logic that his weary eyes were thrusting before his tortured brain, John shut his eyelids, breathed slowly, counted to ten, and opened them.

I can?t believe it.

In the inevitably grassy area surrounding the plane, little people bustled about as if they hadn?t a care in the universe, squirting water out of tiny green hoses onto the orange flames.

?We musta landed on some small uncharted island in the Pacific, eh? This doesn't make any sense. We should be under water right now.?

John laughed mirthlessly, turning to the two men.

?It doesn?t make sense because it shouldn?t make sense. You see, I think we?ve stumbled upon something that?s out of the ordinary. I think...I think we?re somewhere that isn?t on any map. And I think...there was nothing we could have done to avoid this.? His gaze wondered toward the purposeful movements of the little men, their actions speaking volumes about their confidence and determination.

"I can't help but wonder if this was accidental..." he muttered.

And the little people toiled on.

TAG: survivors

OOC: dun dun dun [face_devil]

24. Rally_Fan_84

Jan 14, 2009

?Hey, am?am I?seeing what I think I?m seeing??

?If you?re seeing little midgets running around shooting water at the plane, then, yes, I think you are.?

*Kennedys own thoughts had been echoing the other passengers opinions, but he had at least attempted to hold onto some vestiges of sanity. Hard to do when one has gone from a turbulent Australian summer storm to the middle of the pacific northwest in spring or early summer, happened upon the wreck of an Airbus, and ended up with a horse-drawn fire engine staffed by little people, there was no getting around that at this point.

The navy man spoke up again, and though it made just as little sense as everything else, it brought a very small but welcome degree of relief to his psyche*

?It doesn?t make sense because it shouldn?t make sense. You see, I think we?ve stumbled upon something that?s out of the ordinary. I think...I think we?re somewhere that isn?t on any map. And I think...there was nothing we could have done to avoid this.? His gaze wondered toward the purposeful movements of the little men, their actions speaking volumes about their confidence and determination.

"I can't help but wonder if this was accidental..."

*It was enough to bring back his latent sarcasm, which was more or less his normal mode when he was on the job and/or away from his wife for extended periods of time. As he had been approaching them anyway as he heard them speak, he chimed in.*

"Well then, we should start listening for creepy music and a monologue starting with 'There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man.' or 'There is nothing wrong with your television set.'. At least then we'll know that if we're screwed, we know were we stand."

*Kennedy hoped that his allusion to The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits had not scared anybody within listening distance and was about to follow up with general small talk, but something caught his attention. The stewardess that he had loaned his knife to earlier was approaching him with said knife. While that was a welcome sign, she had in tow with her a passenger.
    Kennedy had learned long ago that a persons walk can betray who they really are. The passengers swagger and general body language practically screamed one thing: Federal Agent. This being an airliner, that most likely meant Air Marshall. Kennedy remained passive and concerned on the outside, but inside he clenched a mental fist.

Those who knew him best knew Kennedy was not a fan of the United States Air Marshall's. While he was adamant that they did a valuable service and that more were required, he had transported at least 10 of them in his time, knowingly and unknowingly. By and large they were all smug crass and cowboys, blunt instruments that were more trigger happy than any person on an airplane should be.

Not only that, but they had reported him for making hard and not exactly standard maneuvers. Never mind that it was in a canyon, that wind sheer above the canyon would have pushed the aircraft he was flying at the time all over the sky, or the fact that the Marshal had been complaining about the length of the trip and threatening federal action unless Kennedy had sped up, he had gotten in trouble for inverting the aircraft to avoid a canyon wall, and therefore making the Marshal loose his breakfast.
    For avoiding certain doom, Kennedy had earned himself a $3,000 FAA fine and the loss of a rather lucrative contract.

With those bad memories suddenly at the forefront of his mind, Kennedy simply stared at the wreckage, awaiting the inevitable ciruclar logic of the Marshal, making an internal promise that if the stewardess had anything to do with it that she would find herself lacking for his help in the near future.*

Tag:
    O'Neil (Q-G R), Stormwind (Sithy), Bryce (DVC), Biccum (Scott)

25. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: No tag for me, Rally? I'm there too. :(
    :p

IC: Jordan Carlisle
    Wreckage

The hockey player?s?was, Mike his name??response was as Jordan expected.

"If you're seeing little midgets running around shooting water at the plane, then, yes, I think you are... We musta landed on some small uncharted island in the Pacific, eh?" He looked back at Jordan. "This doesn't make any sense. We should be under water right now."

Didn?t sound like a reasonable conclusion, but Jordan didn?t get time to respond before another passenger?was he the one on the other side of Mike??chimed in.

?It doesn?t make sense because it shouldn?t make sense. You see, I think we?ve stumbled upon something that?s out of the ordinary. I think...I think we?re somewhere that isn?t on any map. And I think...there was nothing we could have done to avoid this. I can't help but wonder if this was accidental...?

That was even more insane. Jordan liked Mike?s idea much better. However, once again before he could reply, a fourth passenger approached and spoke.

"Well then, we should start listening for creepy music and a monologue starting with 'There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man.' or 'There is nothing wrong with your television set.'. At least then we'll know that if we're screwed, we know where we stand."

And? well?? that was just a bit odd. Jordan just shook his head as he looked at the other three. ?You serious? Another dimension? Anyways, I don?t think it can be a Pacific Island. I?ve done my share of reading, and I?ve seen movies, and this,? Jordan spread his arms, taking in the surroundings, ?is nothing like a Pacific Island is supposed to look. Nah? Something weird is happening. Whatever it is, let?s not drink the water.? He nodded his head towards the fire wagon.
    ?It appears to have stunting effects.? He hoped his attempt at humor lightened the situation slightly, but? well?. Who knew?

TAG: Survivors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.