main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC P E O P L E Interviews, Issue LIV: Healer_Leona!

Discussion in 'Community' started by Coruscant, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004

Welcome to the Healer_Leona issue!

Frieda is kind to a fault. If you ask me, she needs to be ruder more of the time. There is nothing quite so bad-ass and awesome to see as when a really kind person just completely devastates a person with a well timed quip or a rejection. We've seen it a few choice times from Frieda, but not nearly enough.

In all seriousness, though, I've interviewed a bunch of people on the forums. Frieda is one of the rare standouts. There is no one else on the JC like her. She is one of the strongest and most noble women I have the honor of knowing, and for that, I am extremely grateful to her for agreeing to participate in this little project. I've gotten to know her just a little better, and now, I hope you do, too.

My dialogue is italicized; Frieda's is not.

I recall reading that Qui-Gon Jinn was your favorite Star Wars character. Is he still? Why?

Oh, he definitely still is. The OT only gave us Obi-Wan, Yoda and Darth Vader, who we learned was a Jedi. I was very unimpressed with Jedi as the turned dark, lied (from a certain pov pffft) and tried to carry out their own agenda without giving Luke all the information he needed and deserved. TPM showed me a Jedi with compassion and one who actually listened to the promptings of Force and based his decisions on that. This is what we are told Jedi were about, not the politics behind them.

The scholastic series, The Jedi Apprentice gave me lots to ponder and humanized him even more. Giving him a rather tragic relationship with his failed apprentice Xanatos and a sad ending to quasi love life with the blind Jedi Tahl. It was during the time my daughter and I went to the theaters to see TPM 21 times that I got a computer and she discovered fanfic and introduce me to it that we could continue our SW love (her's being Ob-Wan).

Still firmly believe that had Qui-Gon lived and been able to train Anakin, Darth Vader would have never been born. I had always thought Obi-Wan failed miserably in that respect and it was confirmed when he left Anakin chopped up and burning on Mustafar. I could only think how cold hearted he had to be to walk away without putting him out of his misery.

So you think Obi-Wan has a lot of failings, then? What would you have done if you were him?

Yes Obi-Wan had many failings in my eyes. He seems to have lost any compassion he had and didn't listen to the Force, was training Anakin who needed something other then the usual training of younglings who were raised in the temple.

How did you see TPM 21 times?! Admit it, it had to have gotten a little bit old by about viewing number nine or so!

No, daughter and I loved seeing it and it really bonded us to be best friends from then on. Ok, the pod race got to be old, and shortly after Beed Annodue announced Jabba and we did the hand gestures with him we would close our eyes and nap. When Maul would catch up to Qui-Gon and Anakin in the desert and he would tell the boy to drop we always told Anakin to jump. lol

Later my daughter's affections went from Ewan to Ray Park and she would take great pleasure in Maul killing Qui-Gon and I in turn applauded the death of Maul. lol

It was really good times and I had to take time to call my daughter while typing this.

What about your non fan fiction? Do you have some original projects? Can you share what some of them are about?

Haven't really had any original projects in decades. While I did have a bit of a writing bug for a bit, I never deluded myself that it was all that good. It was more a hobby. SW fanfic had relit the spark, but it sputtered out quickly. :p

As to what they may have been. There were a couple short stories. One was about a cannibalistic morgue security guard. Another about alien moisture/nutrient seeking creatures that resembled autumn leaves. The wind blowing fallen leaves my way can still freak me out. lol

So you real don't like the fall season, right?

Fall is ok for half a second. After a short burst of color the trees and just about everything else looks dead. And here in WI the winters are just far too long. I love spring and summer.

Btw, those stories sound awesome! I want to read both!

Thanks. No idea where the heck those stories even are anymore. They were written long before I ever had a computer. lol

Who is your favorite author?

I'm sure after hearing about those stories it comes as no shock that Stephen King is my favorite author. I think I had mentioned in the Dr Sleep thread that I had read Carrie, Salem's Lot and The Shining without knowing it was the same author. By the time The Stand came out I made buying gifts for me easy and told my ex to get me whatever King book came out for my birthday or our anniversary. Most have sweet dedications from him or the kids, a number of them have baby hand prints or foot prints. I think one even has guinea pig footprints in it.

So, let's talk about OZK. Recently, you Ignored him, to great applause. Now, I know you have a very positive reputation as someone who generally gets along well with everybody (so far as I know), but just not with Paul. What is it specifically, that repulses you about him, that you used the dreaded Ignore button?

It's not about getting along with anyone and yes I like to think I get along with most. I'm just that kind of person who wants people to like me. Or at least had been moreso at one time. That's been changing as I am now beginning to say what's on my mind without as much worry over others being mad.

We'd been fine and on friendly terms. It was just his increasing sexist comments here and on fb. A couple months ago I had gotten tired of it and unfriended him on fb. Previously before hitting the ignore button, I'd responded to his rape thread with a comment of fearing for any girl who attempted a relationship with him. I was quite serious after contemplating as a mother how I would feel about my daughter seeing someone like him and it was hell no! The sexism thread was just the last straw. His comment about women living longer than guys just pissed me so much. It came off like that justifies the treatment women put up with. I knew it was time to ignore him here too. I hope he's just trolling and not nearly as twisted in his thinking about women as he comes across, but life is too short to get upset over idiocy. And if he's not... well good luck.

Interesting. Btw, he's started some odd sandwich thread. So, all in all, you haven't missed much. :p

You've got a squirrel avatar right now, you used to have Squirrel Girl at one point, and you've defended and been a proponent for squirrels around the forums (especially in the squirrel-killing crazy dad threads of mine)… why are you such a great appreciator of their species?

I have always thought them adorably cute. As a kid they, along with the chipmunks were pretty friendly at the local zoo and we always bought peanuts to feed them. When my son was young we would do the same at home and there were times we had numerous squirrels in the yard at one time. I think our record was somewhere around 12. I'm sure my neighbors weren't too happy but oh well. As much as I wanted to, I always made sure I didn't pet them and explained to my son not to either.

The summer I was pregnant with my daughter we fed them enough that they would take them right out of our hands. I had a couple that I started with handing it to them and then putting it my shoe, knees and then eventually putting one on my my 8 month pregnant belly and there were two that would sit there and eat them. lol there was one time my son was holding the plastic bag full of peanuts and a squirrel climbed up his leg to get them. Son didn't try to do that, he was just too slow with feeding them.

It was only in the last couple years after recommendations from David (JTS) that I got into comics and discovered Squirrel Girl who was once part of the Great Lakes Avengers and after learning their headquarters were in Milwaukee, I just fell in love with her. I believe she is still as yet the only undefeated Marvel superhero. :D :D

There's a Great Lakes Avengers? :p What, does every region of the world have their own Avengers group? I did not know this!

Wouldn't doubt every area has an avengers team, though they've also been called the Great Lakes Initiative, Great Lakes Champions and The Great Lakes X-Men. lol

What powers does Squirrel Girl have, by the way?

While she does have a prehensile tail, claws and retractable knuckle spines, her power is her ability to 'talk' to squirrels and when called they respond in great numbers.

Why do you think people don't like squirrels, generally, despite the fact that human beings usually have a weakness for cute-looking critters?

Other than not having a heart? :p

Squirrels are often called tree rats and some people say if not for the furry tail they'd look just like rats. And rats got the bad rep of being the plague carriers back in the day. That and squirrels can cause damage to homes which people don't like, which is unfortunate since people are the ones who destroyed so much land where squirrels lived.

Would you be in favor of some kind of squirrel reparations act?

Perhaps if we can start some kind of homeless squirrel adoption program. Then the Squirrels horror movie won't come to pass.

Take my own father, for instance. He has done grave damage to human-squirrel relations. What will have to be done to begin to repair this relationship?

I'm sorry Cor, your father will have to be sacrificed if there's any hope at all to save the world from destruction. Only after that can we ever begin to heal.

errr. I mean they

!!!!

So, are you a traitor to humankind or were you squirrel this whole time? [face_plain]

Just like to fight for the little guy. Even when they have furry tails. :p

Now, you've mentioned a son and a daughter. How many children do you have? How old are they?

I have two children. A boy age 35 and a girl 26. For the longest time we didn't want more than one and after ten years we decided to have another. I'm sure many here have heard me speak of my daughter. She was the one who introduced me to the TF.N and she's also my best friend and we talk every day and do things together. Luckily she married a man who understand this and likes me.

Son is pretty much typical son that if I don't hear from him for a couple weeks I know all is well. I tend to hear from him more when life is rough or money is tight. Not that he doesn't love me or show me, just in a different way then his sister.

They're both fantastic kids. [face_love]

What is the best thing about having kids?

For me the best thing is watching them grow up and become wonderful adults. Getting to experience the awe of the world through innocent eyes again. Share in their triumphs. Share the things I love, whether music, nature or rollercoasters.

Do you have any grandchildren?

No grandchildren yet. Daughter and her hubby talk about having kids in about 3-4 years and that's great. Whenever it happens, I am there to spoil them rotten and send them back home. Son had been saying he'd love to find a wife and settle down but he hasn't seemed to find the right one yet. Actually told me recently he's beginning to feel too old for kids.

Let's return to the subject of Star Wars- you were probably about 17 when the first movie came out. Did you see it in theaters? What was that like?

I was 17 and dating my ex at the time. I remember seeing the previews and thinking it looked awful! I mean some dog looking character flying a spaceship?? I had resisted seeing it even after my dad saw it and loved it and everyone and their mother was talking about how great the droids were. WTF was a droid anyway?

Finally in an effort to get out of the heat one hot August day we went to a matinee and chose to see Star Wars. I was riveted to the screen from the first shot of the ships and sat in awe of the story. A bit cheesy yes, but I'd never seen anything like it before and I remember feeling tense during it, lol and cheering at the end. Sadly my ex slept thru it, but in his defense he'd worked nights and hadn't been to bed yet. And it gave another reason to see it again.

Of course after that, there was no hesitation when ESB came out and I remember waiting excitedly for RotJ, which is still my favorite of the OT.

So, you and your ex were really young. Were you high school sweethearts or did you meet in college?

I was 17, a junior in high school. He was 18 and just graduated. We met in Feb and married in August because I'd gotten my parents permission. This was quite the feat as he was a Afro American Muslim who wore a turban. My father and he had a rocky start. The first time even seeing him being a night my parents had gone out and my older sister, her husband, he and I had been sitting on the porch listening to records. I'd gone over to kiss him and when I turned around my dad was at the bottom of the stairs. I knew my father wouldn't be in the mood to meet him, so I sent him home. My brother in law tried to talk to my dad and tell him he was a good guy. Dad was a bit racist and it turned into a fist fight. I continued to see him and a couple weeks later while we were sitting on the porch my dad came out and asked me to introduce him. They got to know each other and my dad's opinion changed and one day months later he asked what our intentions were and we told him we were going to get married after I turned 18. After a couple days of contemplation and probably discussion with my mom, he told us he'd give permission to marry if we didn't want to have to wait.

We didn't and had a small Islamic wedding that Aug.

What is an Islamic wedding like? How is it similar to our garden variety wedding we usually see? Different?

It was different as there was no drinking or dancing, but pretty much the same. The Imam spoke, read some Quaran, we signed the forms, had dinner and that was it. Nothing spectacularly different to me, but then I never had a particular 'wedding' in mind. It was being with the person I loved that made it important, not the ceremony or reception. Personally, I'll never understand why couples practically go into debt getting married. But then I tend to be frugal... ok, I'll admit it cheap! :p

Is there a reason you're exceptionally frugal?

Grew up not having much money and don't like debt at all. To the point of never having a car payment, which meant my cars were routinely old but lucky enough to have family/friends that could do auto repairs. I think I got my first credit card at 38. Have 2 now and I pay them off as quickly as possible. I also find it easier to spend money on others than myself. Ask my kids. lol

I'm not totally selfless though. I do have my priorities. I'd rather live in the seedier part of town where I can get cheaper rent and no car payments so I can save for things I enjoy doing now. I'm very big on concerts now . Also love to travel and tbh, if not for the JC I might would not be doing as much.

Whose concerts have you enjoyed the most?

I've had the most fun ever just recently seeing The Features again. Small venue, got to chat with them before the concert, got a poster and they all signed it. Was right up front by the stage, which is nice as even being close usually means I'm looking at someone's back. They played the song I requested though it hadn't been on the set list (which I got after the concert :D :D ) Sang and danced all night long. Halfway through they took a break pointing at me and telling the audience I was the one needing the break. Pffft no way. Replied they just can't keep up. They were just really great guys.

The bigger names I've really enjoyed were Soundgarden as a group and Chris Cornell solo twice. He is my favorite male voice. Paul McCartney and Robert Plant were fantastic. I've seen OKGo 4 times and can't wait for them to tour again. I treasure that I got to see Queen twice and Pink Floyd back in the 70's.

Do you believe in a god, gods, or something else? Are there supernatural things you think might have some validity?

I still don't know what I believe in yet. I was raised Lutheran, went to a Catholic church as a pre-teen because I knew the priest, studied Islam after marrying a Muslim and it's pretty much turned me off to all ideas of religion. While they mean well, people have pretty much ****** up every religion there is. As far as a God... I don't know. My biggest problem with believing in an all powerful, all knowing deity is him/her/it letting so much bad happen in the world. Still I do try to be a good person, not so much for an afterlife, but just because we should be. If there's nothing after death, it won't matter anyway.

As to the supernatural, I've never had an experience, but I'm open to there being more than what we see. Though I'm more of the opinion of Jinn then ghosts. In Islam all the ghostly happenings people claim to exist are another species of being created by God, and they are good and bad just like us. I just don't think people come back from the dead.

What advice do you have for Carmen and Vin on raising their newborns?

Only advice I'd give is to remember no one is ready for kids and there's always something unexpected no matter how many classes you attend or books to read, so give yourself and them a break. Encourage but don't push. Most importantly give them your time, not things. We had little money and it used to make me sad not being able to give them the things I would have liked them to have. Now that they're grown when they talk about their childhood, it's not the toys or electronics they remember. It's the things we did with them that they talk about fondly and hope they can do with their own kids someday.

Daughter had just been telling her hubby about playing Total Recall as a kid with friends - a form of tag on the play sets at the park. Their dad was always 'it' and when he caught you, you had to hold on to whatever you could while he lifted and pulled you away, swinging you through the air.

btw, did you see the picture of Eeth in the pic thread? lol

Looks like a new dad lol

Speaking of play grounds… what was your favorite part of a play ground? I know I was a fiend for the monkey bars.

Mine were the monkey bars as well. I vividly remember being in grade school and a bunch of us would claim them and it would become the Enterprise as we played Star Trek. Beaming up and down meant heading to the slide.

What is your most unpopular opinion? Just something that a lot of people on the forums, even, really like, but you just think the total opposite.

Haha, that's an easy one. I like TPM and think it's the best SW movie. Plus there's tons of show people rave over but I thought totally sucked, like Seinfeld, Sex in the City, Breaking Bad, 24, just to name a few.

Why do you think Breaking Bad sucks? :(

BB just isn't my thing. Tried it, watched 3 episodes and just didn't like any of the characters. I have to like something about them to invite them into my house every week.

That and it's just not nerdy enough for me I don't watch much tv and they do tend to be nerd shows.

Philosophical question: if you were a deity, and not just like an ancient Greek or Egyptian deity, but one that's omniscient and everywhere all at once, what would you be your reason for letting there be so much suffering in the world?

Kinda hard to come up with a good reason for all the misery in the world, because in my mind and heart there's none. Since you did say omniscient, not caring, I'd have to go with truth then. I'm a self centered, absent god with ADHD and I just plum forgot about the lot you and went to create a few new worlds after you wouldn't worship me the way I wanted.

I think beezel 14,000 dollar jokes are getting old. Don't you?

yeah, but then we tend to hold on to things too long in the jcc

Oooooh, what are some other examples?

The same users using the 'your mom' line in every thread imaginable. An occasional one from a user can be amusing, but when the same user uses it all the time it just becomes predictable and lame.

Wait, which user is doing this right now? I hadn't noticed. Is this in the JCC? :p

It's just a tired meme to me. Like I said while, an occasional 'your mom' can be funny, some really seem both to perv it up and use it constantly beyond the expected threads. Good use to me is like in the 'What is your ride' thread. You expect it there. Poor use, again to me, is like the 'If you won the powerball jackpot' thread. Just leaves me shaking my head and going 'Really?'

What's your opinion on memes in general?

I find most of them amusing but they get played out quickly and often incorrectly because people just want to use them.

OZK just made a your mom joke in the Dear Canada thread… I can see what you mean.

What are your thoughts about fate and free will? What if there had been no Star Wars, for instance, but some other big movie became the Star Wars-sized blockbuster, and years later there was a message board about it, and you met the same people on it who are here on this one, because of some kind of destiny? Are certain things inevitable or does life have a lot of lee-way?

Life has got to have a lot of lee-way. Who would want to think that people in unfortunate situations are slated for that life? That would be horrible. Fate seems to be something talked about after the fact of happening, as is 'it was fate'. I don't hear 'it will be fate' when someone talks about a future event, so perhaps fate just doesn't exist except as a word we made up.

What's your favorite virtue?

that's an easy one: kindness

What is your least favorite vice?

I think it would be greed. It's the epitome of excess and really covers all the sins to me.

And what is the vice you most easily forgive?

Envy. We all want to do/be better than we are and it's impossible not to look elsewhere and think someone else has it better at times. though those same people might look at our own life with envy too.

What's your most marked characteristic?

Wow, that's really hard to do.

Wanting to see something good in people. Would that count?

Certainly that counts!

What are you most afraid of?

Being sucked down the drain with the bath water. No, I've outgrown that fear really. :p

Being a burden to my kids when I'm old.

What's the quality you most like in a man?

Hmm, tough one. I'll say compassion.

And what is the quality you most like in a woman?

Probably I one I feel I lack, boldness/confidence.

What do you most value about your friends?

Tolerance and kindness. That I can always be myself, tell them things and not be judged when my opinion/actions aren't the norm.

What's your principal defect?

Low self esteem

What do you enjoy doing with your time?

Spending time with my kids. I always have at least one book I'm reading and if they're really good I do re-read books/series. I love music and enjoy concerts immensely! I travel when I get the chance and have fun meeting people, especially jccers. lol

What's your dream of happiness?

Probably to fall in love and be loved in return again. Be able to share the things I love with him, experience news things that he loves and travel!

You mentioned low self esteem. Why do you have it?

Why? No idea, why I have it. Just seems to be a part of me that comes and goes. I've felt it more since getting a divorce, though I know it was for the better. I know that's another reason I like the jcc. The women here are strong minded and that's something I admire.

Well, I'm puzzled. For as long as I can remember, you were always someone I have thought of as exemplary and strong. I'm sorry if this is a bit forward, but I was just surprised. You know, there's plenty of people on the JC who I think deserve their low self esteem, but not you. Everyone here holds you in such high esteem, it's unimaginable that you don't yourself.

Not forward at all and perhaps it's just that I don't show the low self esteem publicly as much as I feared I did. Yay, that's a good thing. :D :D I'm also incredibly flattered that it would appear people here think of me highly.

The ones who don't think highly of you are idiots. Hmmph.

Okay, let's do a namedrop. Who are the JCers you still have to meet, and why do you want to meet them?

I've been lucky enough to meet many of the people I hat with nearly every day and more that don't join us chatting. I'm up for meeting everyone if the opportunity arises! A couple that I would love to be able to meet and hug would be

Vin/eeth-my-koth He's one of the jccer's that was there for me during my separation and divorce and probably one of the nicest and sweetest guys on the boards. And more importantly, he was the one toughen me up to the internet with his numerous dirty and gross links/pics. thanks man!

Kristie/Harpua - ugh, you've no idea how hard it was to delete the 'h' I automatically typed there! One of those strong women I spoke of earlier and a very warm and kind lady. I'd love to get the chance to sit back and just chat and drink with her.

jp/jp-30 (thirty!) - Just one of those really cool guys and I love getting to know so much about him and his family via fb!

Armen/DarthTunick - There's no reason not to meet with C7 in your back yard this Armen!

Arthur/EmpireForever - just cuz the he needs a damn hug!

Mike/RogueTen- he can't be the hardened troll he comes across as so often.

Mari/ophelia - she is one of the most intelligent and underrated funny ladies the jcc knows!

Everton/Mar - because omg so damn cute together!

I'm going to stop here and I already feel bad knowing I've left out so many people. I am hoping with C7 coming up there will be more west coast jccers I will get to meet. :D :D

On the flip side, what JCCers do you hope you never, ever have to meet? And if you did end up encountering these creatures, what choice words would you have to say to each of them?

Honestly, while I may not be big fans of certain jccers online personality, I've learned firsthand they may be different in real life. So I can't really answer that question since who really knows? If there were hard feelings due to something, I would like to give a second chance as people can change, but I also know you need to be able to take at least partial responsibility for any conflicts too.

While not a matter of 'hoping to never meet' if I came across juli, I'd waste no time there and just walk away.

What is your philosophy about life? How should it be approached, lived?

Life should be lived with passion and kindness. Don't worry about what other people think about you ( yeah, do as I say, not as I do :p ) and enjoy everything you can from life and the people you care about. Perhaps most importantly, you are NEVER TOO OLD! And I mean for anything. Now, there may be some exception out there, but I've yet to find it. :D :D

oh yeah, and no matter lack of rhythm or tone, dance and sing every chance you get!

So have you been known to break out in song and dance for no apparent reason?

haha, I am forever serenading my co workers, whether they like it or not. If there's a song on I know, I sing. Just makes work more fun, for me at least. :p

Dancing, moreso at home or out at concerts. Though I may on occasion be shaking my booty other places, music you enjoy is hard to stand still to

It's hard for me to even twitch, even when there's a song on I like. :p

hahaha, even sitting, I'm always bopping to the tunes, while driving, sitting at the computer...

What is it really, really hard for you not to spend money on?

Easy one though I consider myself to be rather cheap. My kids. We go out anywhere together and I normally pick up the bill, or buy things for them. I just find it a lot easier to spend money on just about anyone then myself

So, earlier, when we talked about meeting JCers for the first time, was there anyone you had in mind when you were saying that people are different in RL from their online personas, and that you give them a second chance?

Not really, many of the 'hatters' are considered troll type users on the jcc and I wasn't sure what they'd be like in real life when I went to C4. And while maybe one of them was true to form... Dani went up to Naboo's Princess, if I remember correctly, and bluntly asked her why she didn't like her. It was hilarious and awkward and hilarious! Dani is just one of those strong ladies I love on the jcc. But still one the sweetest too. I remember being told by SLG she doesn't do hugs, but as I conveniently forgot and hugged her while she was sitting on my lap... or was that her sister? Anyway, she like everyone I've met so far is not harsh or mean and I may have thought they were when I first came to the JCC.

As to the second chance, it was a fanficcer that I did not get along with when I was modding and while manning the Fanforce table she came up to the it and I thought, what the hell and after introducing myself I went around the table and gave her a hug. Unfortunately she did not seem as impressed as later I was given a live journal link from another fanficcer where the the hugged was trash talked me and said I was bipolar. Second chance given, no more.

What JCers are like family to you?

haha, funny you should mention that as a recent conversation with Aaron (famousamos) about me feeling down the last couple of days an was told by him "hat is family. a sarcastic, awkward family that would probably never admit it."

He's right. They are like family, and most times I chat with them on a daily basis and even if I'm not actively chatting with them, I normally have the group chat open while busy with other things. Kinda like a lifeline so I don't quite alone in the house. :p

Those regularly in hat include Eethmykoth, SLG, MasterJacen, FamousAmos, Imjustguessing, EmpireForever, TahiriVeilaSolo69, Siha, Jointheschwarz, AaylaSecureOwned, DarkLadyMara, ImperialDork, LordVivec, SebulaX, Souderwan, Strilo, SuzukiAkira, Princesskenobi, and I chat a good deal with WookatMe too, but he can't do group chats anymore. :(

I just love big families lol

And I hope I haven't forgotten any. While some may not post to the jcc as often as they use to, they are still here in spirit. This is the core group though and many of who live together for nearly a week when a Celebration comes our way which have been the most fun vacations I've had.

good lord I can't wait for C7! :D :D

It's interesting that you bring up the Hat. Let's talk about that now. It's fair to say that the Hat has an unsavory reputation with a lot of JCCers- usually the same people who normally avoid the Hat and have never seen the inside of it ever. What would you say to these people about the Hat that might surprise them?

I often thought the reputation of the hat was silly. And yes I would certainly like to think that those that think badly of us have either never been in hat enough to get to know us, or have chosen to act like an unapologetic asshat and haven't been invited back. But of course, I'm sure some have their own version of what happened and that's fine, whatever.

Funny how the Hat had need to change names weekly because of other trolls that would come in and be just stupid, some of them from these boards. We get that everyone acts stupid at times, but if that's all you do, it gets really annoying. And you're not expected to like everyone (that's my schtick :p ), but you should be able to be polite nevertheless. There are times people argue and get upset. Sometimes people are trolled, or picked on, but the thing is to let it roll off you. Think of it as your brother picking on you. As noted before we're that dysfunctional family that can't seem to do without each other. People come and go and it'd be great if people have aim and want to join us, give us a holler for the current aim name.

I don't see the hat being any worse than what happens with Beezel, Danthe or Arlon when he was here, or others like Juliet. I guess it happens that people congregate and become cliques.

The hat has taught me greatly not to take things seriously and that is really why I'm still on the JCC anyway. Not for great debate, but the silliness and the friendships.

That's it! I hope it was enjoyable. Thanks for participating, Frieda. Hopefully, we get to meet at C7!

I am in the process of restoring old PEOPLEs. Unfortunately, I did not save the old PEOPLE threads, so they're all truncated. If you were a PEOPLE interviewee and you saved your issue, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, these will be restored by going the (very) long way around.

Past Issues

1. FamousAmos
    2. DarthIgnant
    50. tom
    51. Jabba-wocky
    52. Zapdos
    53. http://boards.theforce.net/threads/p-e-o-p-l-e-interviews-issue-liii-kyle-katarn.50015371/#post-51024532]Kyle[/url] Katarn

See you later,
    ~Coruscant

MrZAP, Darth Guy, Kiki-Gonn and 14 others like this.
  2. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    FINALLY an interview I want to read. I loved this! Frieda, I knew your ex was Muslim but I didn't know you had a Muslim wedding or studied Islam after you married him! Reading about your courtship (and how SW was part of it) was really special!

And I loved your description of Hat, I miss Hat now :(

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    yay Frieda! [:D]

I haven't hatted in a long, long, long time but the description of it basically being family rings true. I basically feel that way at every big JC meet up: we can resume just where we've left off, even if we've never met folks before.

And I agree with you entirely on TV shows like BB -- I have trouble with it for the same reason, I have to find a character to attach to or find likable to like a show. Otherwise it's just a downer.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So, you married Barack Obama? :eek:

Great interview Frieda; colour me unsurprised though!

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    WTH no shoutout!

//slaps Frieda's ass

Healer_Leona likes this.
  6. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Fantastic interview!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Good read, even if some of the questions asked were a little weirdly personal. Interesting about the JCers in real life vs. online, especially since we were just talking about that earlier today.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    A thoroughly interesting & fine read for one of the, if not the stalwart member of our community.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  9. Heavy Isotope

Heavy Isotope Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 10, 2013
    That was great to read. :) It's great to see the person behind the posts.

I haven't been here very long as you can see, but I enjoy reading about what truly makes someone unique. :D

Healer_Leona likes this.
  10. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    You can share mine.

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  11. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012

She pinched mine once! Ahem...anyway, I'm quite pleased to have opened up the JC and found this. While enjoyable I can't help but be somewhat flummoxed by Frieda's lack of self-esteem. She's ******* awesome and she ought to know that by now.

12. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    cntrl-f'd myself... yes frieda i would love to give you a hug! [:D]

Healer_Leona likes this.
  13. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Awesome interview. It's always interesting to learn a little (or a lot) about the people behind the usernames. Hopefully one day I'll get to meet you, Frieda.

14. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I'd love to meet you as well, Frieda. I don't drink, but it would be amazing to chill and have coffee with you. Our conversations are always interesting, and I'm sure they'd be even better in person.

15. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I'm very disappointed that you didn't ask her about the fact that her name is an anagram for Ole! Anal here!

No, I'm never going to let that go. It's just never going to stop being funny to me. :p

16. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    We spoke very briefly on the phone during CE, but I'd love to meet you in person, Frieda! :)

Healer_Leona likes this.
  17. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    This interview proves one thing for sure. Frieda knowingly allowed her daughter to post on the JC when she was 12 years old. Worst mother EVER. She should also be banned for breaking the TOS.

MrZAP, sethg, Kiki-Gonn and 4 others like this.
  18. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This - word for word. :D

19. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Cool story, Frieda.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Great interview of a great lady! Never stop being awesome Frieda!!

Healer_Leona likes this.
  21. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Frieda, you are one of my favorite people on the JCC, and it was great to read more about you. :D For those of you who don't know and might care, Frieda once almost single-handedly saved the Fanfiction forums from having a pissy-pants tanty meltdown, pretty much just by being unfailingly nice to a bunch of people who only dubiously deserved it. She was one of this site's truly great mods, IMO. And as for the Fanfic user who didn't like you, Frieda, I can take a guess as to who that was. If I ever see her, I'll kick her in the knee for you. :p

Thanks for bringing us this interview, Cor. I very much enjoyed reading. it. :)

Healer_Leona and Ender Sai like this.
  22. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Was it conne? I think she has bigger problems than a kick in the knees.

siha likes this.
  23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Frieda should be mod again!

24. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Nah. I don't remember conne being much of a part of the fanfic community. This is a person who never posts anywhere else. And I think I shall keep her name to myself, because I'm not stupid enough to think that she wouldn't send me a massive, annoying PM if I actually named her. I've really been enjoying my years of no contact with her. :p

25. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    We would all feel safe beneath the gaze of her indestructible cerulean orbs.