main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA PA Powerhouse!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediSoccerDad, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSoccerDad

JediSoccerDad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Here is a question. Since I have been reading through all the Boards, I notice the great communication between various PA FFs. [face_idea]

Has anyone brought up the question of creating a one all powerfull PA FF Group?

The membership would be great & we could always alternate a monthly meeting through the different areas..

Just a thought.. [face_thinking]

"In the end, there can be only one." :-B

Rob.. :cool:

2. Padawan915

Padawan915 Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2002
    The only issue I see with an all out PA-Fan Force is that the state is so big. The two major cities within Pennsylvania are 5 hours apart driving distance, and Erie is six.

It's something that could be thought about and should be tinkered with, but there will be obstacles, regardless.

I'm not trying to be negative here, just realistic. I think on the whole, a major Philly metropolitan area Fan Force could be feasible, same with Pittsburgh, but otherwise, it's tough.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Not a bad idea, but it would present problems. Perhaps splitting it up into an eastern and western group.

4. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    A similar thing has been done with the PSWCS. That's the Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society. The group covers all of PA, but consists of Eastern and Western halves, with meetings alternating quite a bit in the East and almost all of the West's meeting in Pittsburgh. I'd suggest regional PA FF's. Especially those that are not active, in and of themselves, but have a couple of active members. We could all get together for a summer social. Again mentioning the PSWCS, we have a summer social every year. First couple were in Pittsburgh, with th past one being in State College. (If I remember correctly as I missed it this year) Anyway, this summer social could be rotated between regions, though it seems to get the most response when centrally loacted in the state as people from the four corners of PA do not have to drive all that far.

Just a though, but since I've experienced this in another group, I figured I post how they do it and make it happen.

-Sal

5. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, State College isn't an official chapter yet, and Pittsburgh is the only other group on the west side of the state. Even at that, they're a good two or three hours apart - unless there were some really, really dedicated members in each group, it'd be quite a hike. As for Reading, Philly, and York/Lancaster, p'raps we could have the Southeast Pennsylvania Trade Alliance. :D (Finally, a SEPTA that nobody would hate!! :p)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.