main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacers/Pistons Brawl and my Take......

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by PrincessKenobi , Nov 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Ok, if you've not seen it just turn it to ESPN, you'll see all the rage about this. All I can say is, I'll be the first to admit the Pacers shouldn't of gone after the fans. Which is alot for me being a Pacer fan and I would say that about any team.

But after watching the tape replayed and replayed. I really can't blame the Pacers or Artest. If the fans had left it alone the game would of ended and who knows Detriot might of won. Wallace and Artest act like this all the time when they play. Again no need to start a riot over it.

My main point being for not blaming the Pacers is, we get walked over by the NBA and the fans of other teams all the time. We do nothing, we respect them and go on our way. I really don't blame them, if someone threw a beer at me. You better believe I would be in those stands. Probably going towards the first person who seemed like the likely one to throw it.

I think it was uncalled for that the one guy in the baseball cap was punching Artest form behind. Stephen Jackson had no business other then getting Artest out of there to be up there. Then Fred Jones got knocked in the back of the head for going to try and get Artest out of the stands. Thats just uncalled for by the fans.

Which everyone says they're so shocked this happened. I personally am not that shocked. The shocking thing is it didn't happen last season. My personal belief is fans are like their team and the team is like their fans. If you watch the way Detriot holds themselves they act all cocky and ready to start a fight.

I would never expect fans to act that way here or anywhere. As a fan its a sad day to be a fan. That other fans would be so inconsiderate of others around to do such things. Especially the little kids and the old woman on the floor. What if she had died because of those fans being stupid? Huh? Plus the real question now is where was the security during all of this because it should of not happened.

~PK~

2. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Pro basketball players = thugs. I say lock them all away.

And force them to get their tattoos removed without anesthetic.

3. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Old Joke

"I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out."

New Joke

"I went to an NBA game and the Vibe Awards broke out."

AYBABTU

4. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
  5. Darth_AYBABTU