main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Pacific Region Social Thread - Made with eye of bat and toe of frogs!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Jun 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    In an attempt to get more interaction between all of the groups, here is our very own social thread, where we... socialize! Feel free to chat about everything and nothing!

So, how is the weather everywhere?

In San Diego, it is currently cloudy and chilly. :( Very sad considering we've had gorgeous beach weather the past week.

EL EDIT: made the name longer :p

2. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    The weather here is rather nice, although a bit gray from some rain clouds.

*wonders what crazy stunts the two of us will have to do to draw the others in :p*

3. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    It has been overcast all day here in Los Angeles, but I'm not complaining-- we had a VERY hot and icky weekend. The cooler temps are nice!

4. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    I wish I lived some where other than the desert area of WA, near the cost might be nice

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    NP, wouldn't it have been nice to have this weather on Saturday for the road trip? You'd still be taking pictures :).

6. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Nice weather is good but when it is a nice day outside here you don't want to be outside in the summer, the heat really sucks

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It's now drizzling/raining. What the heck??

8. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    The stars are out and yet I'm awake, something is wrong with this picture...

*wonders how long she can let the thread go before it gets a visit from the Sock Theatre*

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    So today, I:

* Slept through my alarm (which I don't even know if it went off, truthfully)
    * Didn't realize my phone was on silent, so I couldn't even hear my boss calling me to ask where I was
    * Nearly woke up late for class
    * Went to classes
    * Am now sitting here in the CSE lab wondering where the heck out TA is. :(

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Not fun. :( But look at it this way, at least you didn't sleep through a final exam or something.

11. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Seriously. That would have been BAD.

12. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I was awakened at 7 am by movers coming to my families home and removing all the furniture in the house, I was up till roughly 5 am because I could not go to sleep.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Ick! The groundskeepers here decided to trim all the trees, cut all the grass, and so all that extra stuff yesterday morning. At 6AM! It's been so hot and muggy and our school doesn't provide AC, so we all had our windows wide open. Nice way to wake up in the morning.

14. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I get home from work right now around 12:30 am, next week I start working the morning news and will need to get up for work around 2 or 3 am.

15. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    2 or 3 AM? That's about the time I go to bed!

16. Cliodna_ben_Lhee

Cliodna_ben_Lhee Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2003
    Miana,
    I was just in your area. I went to Coronado Island on Monday. And just flew back to Seattle this evening. We stayed at a little place katty corner from the hotel Del Coronado called La Avenida Inn. We also crossed the border into Tiajuana one of the days and then yesterday, we spent the afternoon and evening in La Jolla.

Even with the overcast cloudy skies, I thought the area to be beautiful. I loved the ocean air and the smell of jasmine that mingled with it. (jasmine seems to grow everywhere on the island and in La jolla!) We didn?t spend much time in San Diego itself though

I just got back and was checking the boards before falling in to bed, so I will come back to this thread to extol the virtues of costal California later. But I will say this, I hope to come back there and visit soon

17. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    yeah when I start the morning news casts I have to be at work around around 4 am and be there for sure by 4:30 am. I get done around 8 am from work, twice or three times a week I will work the 5 and 6pm news casts

18. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    I am excited today. I am off to help my mum award the first scholarships from the Mikey Memorial Fund (in honor of my little bro). This would have been his graduating class.

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I know the La Avenida very well. Used to live in Coronado and work at the Hotel del. A very interesting job, before the big corporation took the hotel over and made it all homogenized. It was a wild and crazy place. Good times, good times.... :).

20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Glad you enjoyed it! I live here in La Jolla (well, I live on the UCSD campus :p) and I do have to brag that it is the best place around here. :D Too bad you weren't here a few days earlier; PERFECT beach weather. About 85°, slight ocean breeze, and not a cloud in the sky. It was wonderful. Then, we get THIS weather. What happened? :(

21. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Hello every one, how are you all today?

22. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Happy that it's the last day of school, but angry that my internet isn't working in my dorm, so I have to either go to one of the libraries or computer labs. :mad:

23. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Well our morning news cast was terrible today, about 90 minutes into show we lost all the electrical equipment when we had a power hit. I also get to work all news casts today the 5-7am, 5pm, 6pm, 10pm, and 11pm newscasts after working my normal night shift the day before (so I got 1 hour of sleep before haivng to leave for work today), then anohter 4 hours after that shift and I have another 10 hours to go today

24. Earwen_Lightrider

Jan 17, 2004
    Oh! Good luck staying awake my friend!

Sorry about your internet Miana :( I'll try to keep all our trouble makers in-line :p ;)

25. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah it is rather hard to stay awake but I get to sleep some tomorrow, besides I am only working tonight to make sure my replacement doesn't ruin a show when he starts on Monday. So I could techinically nap during shows today

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.