main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Pacific Region Table at Celebration IV - Volunteer Sign ups

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Hello guys! In just a few short weeks, registration for fan tables at Celebration IV will open. FanForce will have a table, but we are going to try to have a Pacific Region Fanforce table as well.

However, the only way we're going to be able to have a table is if several groups actively help plan, set up, and run the table. We're a large region; we should be able to do it. ;)

Before a single person signs the group up to help, PLEASE, discuss this with the rest of your group to see if you as a club would like to help out.

CRs, feel free to use this thread for the discussion, or take it to your own private boards if you would like. However, I would like to ask that once a decision has been made that you begin the discussion over at the thread in the Pacific Region Discussion, as I will only really be checking in on that one mostly.

A link to this thread can be found Here.

Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you all! :D

~Rachel

*EDIT*

The table is approved! We just need people to man it!

Look for details about the table and volunteer sign ups HERE!

2. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    We did this last time, so I don't see why we couldn't again...

YJ, I can work a shift or two if needed, so long as I'm allowed to bring Linnea with me. :~)

3. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Don't forget to bring the flyers and business cards I gave you GB. Also, if you need more flyers or you want to get some made in color let me know and I'll send you the file for it. Of course you can feel free to design your own if you'd prefer. This is probably the best chance for a while that the VCFF is going to get to gain some new members!

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i just wanted to add that, as the lead for the Pacific Region table at celebration III, i was really grateful to the teamwork and support of the Ventura chapter in making our C3 table a success!

5. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I've got the fliers and cards right here. :~)

I think I scared some guy and his wife at one of the Halloween stores a few days after Halloween...we were both in the SW costumes area, and I gave them a card to invite them to come and find out more about us. They avoided me after that. :~D

/sigh

Ah well...

jawajames, I still appreciate you letting me in so I could cover that shift at C III! This time around, I'll have my then-9 month-old daughter (she's three months now) with me. Is that a problem?

6. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    congrats on your daughter! (i'm assuming that's Linnea)...
    i don't have any problem with you and Linnea 'working' together at the booth, but then again, i'm in not charge this time around. if you feel that you can talk to attendees and keep an eye on her, i think it can work.

7. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    I actually don't know if I've told anyone this, but I've been off work for a while with a very bad back problem. They're going to diagnose it from my MRI tomorrow, and then I'll know whether I have a normal procedure to fix it or actual back surgery. If I do have back surgery, Celebration IV will be very iffy unless I can con a family member or friend to push me around the whole thing.

Anyhow, that's me in a nutshell saying I have no idea if I can do this or not. I'll let you guys know tomorrow what they say and what they'll be doing to me.

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK, I'm definitely willing to work a shift or two!

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Bumped and edited with new information!

10. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    NEWS

The Pac Region table still needs volunteers! If anyone can offer just a few hours even to volunteer, please go sign up here.

ALSO, the idea of having a giant Pacific Region scrapbook is still in the air. Please let me know if you guys are interested in participating in this.

Thanks again!!

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm definitely unable to volunteer at the table. I'm already working for StarWarsShop.com and volunteering for some backstage stuff so I'll be lucky to see anything during the show as it is. At our meeting I'll try to talk other people into doing workign the table though. I think I may actually have an agenda this meeting...

The scrapbook idea would be cool, although we have have trouble digging up good pics from the VCFF.

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    I still can, probably two hours at least, maybe another shift.

I'm just still not sure of WHEN I can do it!

13. Gizmosrealm

Gizmosrealm Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2007
    I can do a shift, but I'm not sure when I can do it.

14. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    ok folks, i'm going to give Rachel a hand getting all the info together for the Pacific Region Fan Force Table.

I need you to e-mail me copies of anything you wish to display on the table by no later than Friday 4th May. No submissions = No display on the table.

We have to get everything approved by LFL for the table.

There is still time to volunter for the Pacific Region Table by signing up here!

Please e-mail me a copy of your FF Logo, Handout and/or poster for the table to inlandempirefanforce AT yahoo.com

Thanks

15. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    We can do a poster? Where can I find out the specs for stuff like that?

Our flyers are done but if I have time I might throw a poster together. I'll be sure to get you everything you need by Friday.

16. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    For the IEFF we did a little poster to put on display at the table and made business card flyers with our logo and web info on.

17. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    Technically, I can't volunteer because I have no earthly idea when I'll be there, what day, what time, etc. BUT, if, while I'm there, anyone needs a break or some sort of help, I'll be more than glad to help. My daughter will too!

18. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, flyer is submitted. I think I'd like to get some color versions made since they look much cooler in color. Anyone have any Kinko's hook ups?

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
  20. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Hey guys? LFL's being a stickler about the flyers, so I need you guys to put the spiel on the bottom: © 2007 Lucasfilm Ltd. and ?. All rights reserved.

PLEASE get this to me asap!!

21. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    PM sent.

22. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Flyers are good to go and all printed. I hate Kinkos, that place is a rip off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.