main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Pacific Pacific Region Table at Celebration IV - We got approved!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Okay guys.

In a few weeks, registrations for fan tables at Celebration 4 will open. FanForce itself is having a generic table, but like C3, we are going to pull for a Pacific Region table as well. This will be a table that will be staffed by us and just to promote and recruit for the Pacific Region FanForces.

However, before we sign up, we need to see who all is actually interested in helping make this table run. I do NOT want a bunch of groups to sign up then everyone bail out at the last minute and leave one or two groups stuck doing everything. So while early discussion begins here, I think it would be best for everyone to first talk to your group and see if you as a club wish to partake in the Pacific Region Table.

The benefits of such a table is simple: recruitment. The Pacific Region is the host region for C4, therefore a majority of the people who attend will be from the local states. I know at Comic Con alone I shuffled through at least 300 applications from people from all over California and even a large handful from Nevada, Arizona, Washington, and even some random Canada and Australia ones.

Also, it is a great place to get to hang out and chat with people from other groups in our region!

So like I said; talk it over with your own fanforce first, then we'll see if we can pull together an awesome table for C4. :D

Thanks guys!

~Rachel

New Addition: Nov. 18th:

Once you have discussed it with your group, please let us know if you are interested in participating or not.

Now for some specifics:

At the table, we will allow groups represented to have flyers promoting their club, maybe a computer pictures display for all the groups (still considering), and you yourselves will be there to help pitch your club.

However, I'm going to have to be stingy and say that unless your group has agreed to help out, you can NOT put flyers or adds on the table for your group. It is not fair for the groups that actually put their time into the table for groups who do not help out to get the same promotional attention. I'm going to be a stickler about this, guys. Sorry.

As the time gets closer, we will work out schedules and other details. So for now, just see if those attending C4 in your group are interested. :)

2. ewok_jedi

ewok_jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 5, 2005
    Well since I am the only one I know of from my fan force going I will offer to help out for some period of time Miana

3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I'll bring it up at our next meeting (Nov. 18). If you have any more info before then, let me know.

Matt

4. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    DANG, that was fast you two. :eek:

5. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    They are on top of things Rachel. ;)

Also, running a table can be fun!

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [Voice of experience] It also can be a nightmare[/voice] [face_tired]

7. Earwen_Lightrider

Earwen_Lightrider Former RSA & Spokantina CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2004
    Mine was a voice of experience too :p And it's only a nightmare when you are stuck at it the entire con or when you don't get what you requested or... yeah :p Think positive! It'll be great!

8. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Three of us helped out with the Pacific table last Celebration. JawaJames headed up this table at C3 and I think he did a good job. It would be a good idea to contact him and see if we could hand this project over to him since he has the experience. Our fanforce is going to have 3 times as many people attending this time, so I think we will volunteer many hours to man the table. Jarus had an awesome time manning the table last time!

9. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    It is called slow evenings at work Miana, but then the boards pretty much stopped working for me but they seem alright now.

Hey Kelli I look forward to helping you guys out at a region table, after all I am pretty much one of your group for C4 :p

10. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Can I display my Award Winning Star Wars Beatles drawing in the booth? :)

11. JediZabrak

JediZabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2004
    Are we going to start making plans for this at our Nov 16th meeting???

12. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Thanks for the support!
    Right now, I've got some other big things to focus on (like wedding planning), so I'm not available to take the reins in heading up the Pac Region table at c4. However, I've already started offering my insights from the c3 experience to Miana_Kenobi, who has done a good job at being both club secretary and RSA, and has experience in heading up FF table at Comic-Con. I'm glad to hear that more of the Spokantina gang will be at C4 and are willing to volunteer time at the table. You guys brought enthusiasm and energy to the booth at c3!

I'm sure i'll give rachel more advice than she probably needs...

(and my first tidbit of advice - set a deadline for clubs to say "we're defintely interested" or "we're definitely not interested" or "we might be interested, give us more details")

13. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I am sure LAFF will be discussing this at our next get-together, if we haven't already (I didn't make it to the last meeting :( ). But I personally think it's a wonderful idea and I would love to help out!

14. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    so.. any clubs got anything to report yet?

15. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    I reported already! :p

Since I am the only one from my Fan Force going I have no issues saying I would be very willing to help out at the table

16. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    and the call for registration goes out:

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/news20061117.html

Star Wars fans from all over the world not only will gather in the Los Angeles Convention Center May 24 -- 28, 2007 to celebrate the saga at Celebration IV, they will have the opportunity to create part of the celebration themselves.

Lucasfilm and Gen Con LLC will set aside a special Star Wars fan exhibit area with free space for a limited number of clubs and groups that qualify. The Star Wars fan group area at Celebration IV will be an important part of a vibrant "fan quarter" that will feature fan-sponsored events, displays, and activities all about the joy of Star Wars.

Groups in the exhibit area can talk with other fans about what their clubs do, recruit new members, and offer demonstrations, activities, and entertainment. The application process for Fan Club exhibit space at Celebration IV is open as of today, and runs until December 31, 2006. For guidelines and requirements for applying please click here.

You, your Star Wars friends, and your local fan club can jump right into the heart of Celebration IV by becoming part of the entertainment and programming. In addition to applying for free exhibit space, fan groups and individuals can submit proposals for fan-sponsored events, entertainment, panels, or exhibits. Please send a brief initial proposal (limit 500 words) to fanevents@starwars.com, or mail it to Mary Franklin; Lucasfilm Ltd., PO Box 29901, San Francisco, CA 94129. Include your email address and contact information. Briefly summarize what you would do, time, budget, and materials needed, number of people involved, and how the audience could participate, if at all. Initial proposals will be considered for final proposals, and do not guarantee scheduling during Celebration IV.

17. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Since I have had enough good feedback, I'm going to go ahead and put in the form for a table.

And the links are looped to get you no where! [face_frustrated]

18. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Were you successful in obtaining a table?

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Still can't figure out how! The links just take you back and forth between the GenCon page and the Starwars.com page.

I'm emailing GenCon for help.

And on that note, I edited the first post with details about signing up for the booth. Please go read!

20. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    i like the stingy rule (Chapter X wants their stuff on the table, they gotta put in the effort) - however i do have a suggestion, because we do want to support all of the Pac Region's chapters, even if a chapter might not have enough presence to help pay for or staff the booth - rather than a blanket ban on material from non-participatory clubs, they have to follow these guidelines:
    * material from non-participatory clubs gets second billing, if space permits. if there's not enough room, we reserve the right to pull it from the table, or keep it under the table and hand it out if someone specifically asks, or chuck it out if it is in the way.
    * material from non-participatory clubs is limited to 1 handout material per chapter (do we want to limit the size to half-sheet sized?)
    * material still needs to go through all of the necessary approval processes from LFL. if it's not approved, it doesn't get displayed or distributed.
    * non-participatory clubs have to supply all necessary copies - the PacRegion table won't make extra copies

21. ewok_jedi

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah that makes sense but means my chapter is at a bit of a disadvantage seeing as I am the only one going from my group but I plan to help out where I can

22. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    if you are planning to help on behalf of your chapter, i'd say that your chapter was a participating chapter, and not a non-participatory chapter.

23. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    I'll do a shift or two, so long as I can bring along the baby. :~)

24. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Let me talk to my crew. We worked a couple of shifts at the Pacific Region table at the last Celebration and really had a great time!

25. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    I predict some, if not all of the IEFF will help out in any way they can at the table.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.