Pacific Region Table at Celebration IV - We got approved!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Miana Kenobi, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Okay guys, I need a quick vote.

I have to finish up the application packet, and included in that is a sample of ALL images and flyers that will be used at the table.

Since this is due by the end of the month, it would be a madhouse if I expected you all to create your group flyers by the end of the month.

So what I'm planning on doing is just having a simple list if all the fanforces with their JC and personal website URLs on a fancy page.

So the quick vote:

For a header, do you want me to use this one *points at the top of the screen* or one of our new ones made by me or Steve?

2. jawajames FF Pacific RSA President/Chapter Rep San Diego, CA

Manager
    star 6
    heh.. use whatever you want. it's a lot easier to get approval for something you pick than to wait for people to pick something.
  3. ewok_jedi Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have to rescend my offer to man the pacific region table at C4, as of now it looks like I will not get to go to C4 at all.
  4. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yeah, use anything, if we have to have every image now then that sucks but if we have to we have to.
  5. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I sent in the application on the 29th (then Mary told me at the Rose Parade that she extended the deadline to Jan. 15th. :oops:), so I'll hear back at the end of the month if we got the table or not. :)
  6. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sweet! I got me tickets now so i'll work the PRFFBTRAO (Pacific Region Fan Force Booth That Rules All Others).

Once we know what's going on i'll pick some times.
  7. Master--Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah Yeah, I'm gonna work it too... BUT are you bringing the Churros?
  8. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Did we find out approval yet? :~)
  9. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
  10. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Guess what email I got!! Mary's given us the A-OK to have the Pacific Region be represented at C4!!

Planning will begin once I talk to Yvette about stuff. I'm gonna celebrate by going to Disneyland tomorrow. :D
  11. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    i better get registered for it so i can figure out what i'm doing and volunteer for times
  12. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
  13. GentleBant Force Ghost

star 5
    Yay!

Sign me up, as promised, for a shift or two. I'll have my own lil' handmaiden-in-training along.
  14. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    So, now to get down to the fun part: PLANNING.

Here's what we've got so far:

There will be a generic flyer with a list of the Fan Forces, their URLs to either this board or their private board, and maybe some contact info. Volunteers will be allowed to also bring customized flyers for their own Fan Force. *If your Fan Force does not have someone working the table, I'm sorry but you cannot put out an individual group flyer.* It's no fair to gain the benefit that those working get (However, if you just want to pass them on to me to put on the table at Comic Con International in July, that's fine: just let me know).

As far as decorations go, I've got a few guys working on a new generic banner. Nothing too fancy, just something that shows the diversity of our region and looks cool.

Yvette and I want to do a scrapbook/photo album, as well. If everyone thinks this is a good idea, what we ask is that every Fan Force that wants to participate makes anywhere from 5-10 8.5x11 pages with pictures about their club and other little memorabilia (ticket stubs, patches, whatever). These shoot fit inside those 3-hole punched plastic slip covers. When they are finished, they can be sent to me to put into a folder that we can display on the table. This is open to every group in the Pacific Region (not just volunteers).

Does anyone else have any ideas? We don't want too much out to make it seem cluttered or have anything valuable stolen.
  15. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I dont think i'll be able to work it as i'm not sure i'm going to get along to all of the days so when i do get there i wanna see all the other stuff, may change nearer the time though.
  16. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    yvette/miana...go ahead and sign me up...i don't think i will be a crazy fan...so i won't be standing in long lines...i hate people and crowds :p ...and i'm a people person...ironic...hmmm....but anyways...i can work 1 or 2 days :)
  17. Lowbacca_1977 Force Ghost

star 6
    "you hate people"
    "but i love gatherings. isn't it ironic"
  18. Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    -Clerks-
  19. AboutaSith Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    We're trying to attract new members not scare them away! [face_laugh]
  20. SuperB_at_Pooh Jedi Knight

star 2
  21. MajinKaze Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, I know the deadline is past, so I'm not going to volunteer.

However, I'll at least stop by and say hello. My name is Mike, and I'm from Alaska, which, funny enough, is now an inactive group without a leader. =P

But I'll still stop by and say hello. =D
  22. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    I totally forgot we even put up a deadline. [face_laugh]
  23. MajinKaze Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good job. =P

BTW, is there any way to revive the Alaska Fan Force? =P
  24. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Okay guys, to make things a bit easier, if your club has a photo album, go ahead and bring it. Don't worry about putting one together. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.