Pada-1 was correct! ROTK on DVD May 25th!

Discussion in 'Dayton, OH' started by Sean_Starrider, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    As first reported here by Aaron, ROTK is coming out May 25th and I think we should plan a trilogy party! Here's the full article......

The King makes his return in filmmaker Peter Jackson's stunning conclusion to The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, arriving on DVD and VHS on May 25, 2004. The home video debut of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will follow the groundbreaking success of the multi-tiered platform releases of both The Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers, and will be available on a two-disc DVD and VHS for $29.95 and $24.97, respectively. A special extended edition of The Return of the King will be released at a later date.

"The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King is the crowning glory of a truly unparalleled filmmaking achievement," said Stephen Einhorn, president and chief operating officer of New Line Home Entertainment. "The two-DVD edition includes the award-winning theatrical epic as well as hours of behind-the- scenes bonus materials."

Based on J.R.R. Tolkien's epic adventure of good versus evil, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will be released separately in both widescreen and fullscreen versions, each including a second disc offering hours of additional content. Disc Two will feature behind-the-scenes specials, featurettes, theatrical trailers, TV spots, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy supertrailer, a preview of the upcoming The Lord of the Rings- based video game from Electronic Arts and a link to exclusive online content about the motion picture trilogy.

Disc 1: The Feature
    Feature (200 minutes)
    Widescreen (2.35:1) or Fullscreen version of the film
    Dolby Digital EX 5.1 Surround Sound
    Stereo Surround Sound
    English subtitles and closed captions
    Spanish subtitles
    EXTRA VIDEO CONTENT: Animated menus and select-a-scene

Disc 2: Special Features
    Bonus disc featuring hours of additional content.
    3 in-depth programs that reveal the secrets behind the production of this epic adventure, including: The Quest Fulfilled: A Director?s Vision
    A Filmmaker?s Journey: Making The Return of the King
    National Geographic Special ? The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

6 featurettes originally created for lordoftherings.net: Aragorn?s Destiny
    Minas Tirith: Capital of Gondor
    The Battle of Pelennor Fields
    Samwise the Brave
    Eowyn: White Lady of Rohan
    Digital Horse Doubles

Original theatrical trailers and TV spots
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Supertrailer
    The Battle for Middle-earth Continues ? Video Games from EA

DVD-ROM Content
    Exclusive online content
    Link to www.lordoftherings.net

New Line Home Entertainment distributes New Line Cinema and Fine Line Features theatrical films on DVD and VHS, including the premium DVD branded label infinifilm. The company also distributes feature films and non-theatrical programs acquired or produced by New Line Home Entertainment and New Line Television. New Line Cinema is the leading independent producer and distributor of theatrical films. New Line also licenses its films to ancillary markets including cable and broadcast television as well as in all international markets.

2. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    If I'm here and available I vote to have this at my place. I'm currently working on my home theater remodel in my garage which will include a 9' diagonal viewing screen. There will be couch/theater chair seating for 7 and I'll probably pick up some of those video game rockers for a few folks up front. Let me know what you guys think.

Jacob
  3. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    That sounds excellent Jake! You have my vote. :)
  4. PADA-1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds shhweet to me.
  5. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    Yeah! That'd be great! So who's bringing the industrial size bag of popcorn? o_O
  6. corranhornjje Jedi Knight

star 2
    Might be a slight change of plans. :( Theater is still under construction and a May 25th deadline may be unrealistic. In fact I know it is. So I'll have to do a different release party.
  7. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Very understandable Jake, Thanks for offering to host the party in the first place. Maybe we could have the Star Wars DVD release party at your place, That would be cool. :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.