main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padawan Braid Help!!!

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Taz_Jinn, Aug 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taz_Jinn

Taz_Jinn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Ok.... this has to sound totaly crazy but here is the story. Last year I had an under shave done on my hair (I'm female if you can't tell yet) and now I'm letting it grow back, anyhow I'm starting college and the idea came up to take the hair that has grown back and make a padawan braid out of it in the location where the braid should be, then shave the under part off again like before (leaving the top long so that the braid doesn't really stand out when my hair is down.) On this note it should be long enough to do some good by Halloween, when I'm requiored to dress up for our half time performance. Then if I really do like it I could keep it the whole way through college. Ok now that you know how wacked I am.... here is where I run into a problem....

No one can agree on exactally where the braid is located! I'm hoping that somebody here had done enough research or studied Obi-wans screen shots enough that they can tell me exactally where in relationship to the right ear the padawan braid is located.

Oh and if this works I will post pictures come Oct. It should be really cool! Anyhow I only have today and tomorrow to find out.. I'm going in to have my hair cut on Thursday, and my friend who is doing the braiding plans to do it Wensday night.

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    On the right, starting just abouve the part where ear meets head :)

3. Taz_Jinn

Jun 7, 2002
    thanks for the help

I've been told behind the ear, in front part of the ear and all other stuff...

4. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Mine's behind my right ear where the bone is. It's the same length as the rest of my hair, it's not seen unless you look at me from the side. A lot of people commented on it. They like it, some like to play with my braid. I'm still on the prowl for a foot long length of hair to attach to my own.:( No luck yet.

Good luck on yours, if it turns out well, maybe post a pic?

Jauhzmynn

5. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yeah, depends I guess.

My suggestion is both in front/back. It seams thats where Obi Wans and Anakins were....

6. Taz_Jinn

Jun 7, 2002
    sounds cool!
    Mine should stand out durring marching season when we are in uniform seeing as I will have to pull my hair up...... but like I said if I like it I will let it grow out for the next 4yrs keeping the rest either shaved or just trimed shoulder lenght.

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
  8. Amidala_wannabe

Amidala_wannabe Jedi Master star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Mine is right behind my ear. I've had it in since last November, and people play with mine all the time. My mum mistakes the darn thing for a leash. . . :mad:

I'm thinking of cutting som of my hair off from the middle of my head to make the braid longer, but it would be really hard to weave in at the bottom ov the braid with out trouble.

Amidala *^_^_^*

9. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    In the fanfilm I'm making, my character has a Padawan braid, and I bought one of the officially licensed ones off eBay. It has a nice little clip so it stays nice and snug. I had to clip it a little higher than my ear, given my haircut (spiky on top, short on sides), but the clip almost disappeared to the camera in my hair and it matched my hair color almost perfectly.

10. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    I have one in my hair as well. people like to play with it. Espically the guys. Noone's tugged it hard, but they have wrapped it around their fingers.
    A friend's getting a Padawan braid to match my own hair color. They'll make it the Old Order style from Qui Gon's class.(Using beads instead of the bands.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.