main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Padawan Kenobi and the Great Blarno Cyber War'/JA short story

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by jodiwent, Aug 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    It had been a long day of classes and saber training for nineteen-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi. He should have taken a break and relaxed, but he had to see what had been happening in his favorite cyber game, Blarno. He and his friends had played Blarno for a few years and some had outgrown it but Obi-Wan still loved the game. Even when he didn't play he wanted to see what moves the other players had made. The young man flipped on his info terminal and was glad to heard its familiar hum. He listened to the familiar music that the machine made as it connected him to the world outside of
    the Temple. He loved that sound, it was the sound of the game, and he loved the game.

There were many Blarno games out in the information grid. The one that Obi-Wan and his friends played in was appropriately called 'The Jedi Game' . Not all the Jedi that played played on that game, and not only Jedi played there either. Obi-Wan, like many Blarno players, had a rush of joy when he saw the game loading on his terminal. And when he was playing, he hated to be interrupted by another sound -- the ringing of an incoming message.

Lately he had been getting some really strange messages from people he had never heard of. After opening a few and seeing that they were from people trying to sell him things, or other such nonsense, he took Master Qui-Gon's advice. Qui-Gon had always warned him : "Don't respond to messages from outside of the Temple unless you know who it is."

This day he thought he wouldn't have to worry. The only message he was interrupted with was one from his friend Bant Eerin, the Calamarian. The message was titled 'New Blarno Game Move'. Obi-Wan opened the message and indeed it looked like there was a pre-set game move inside of it. Without hesitation Obi-Wan opened the game move -- or rather, tried to . As soon as he hit the opening operation he knew something was wrong.

"Oh kriff!" he said to himself. "It's a cyber bomb."

Kenobi tried to stop the opening process but it was too late. He disconnected from the outside information grid. It did no good, his terminal was going berserk. Obi-Wan couldn't even shut it off. As a last resort the young Jedi pulled the plug, then attempted to start it up again. When the terminal started up again, though it still wasn't right.

"I know what to do." Obi-Wan thought himself cleaver as he opened a restore to an earlier time program on his terminal. "This will get rid of that move."

He erased all the files associated with the move and let the program do its work. It was going to take a while for the program to work so the young man figured he could go and talk to his friend. Obi-Wan wanted to know just where Bant had gotten that game move. If she hadn't created it herself it could be from anyone.

There was a knocking at Bant Eerin's door. She had been studying after the long day she had had as well. At the door was her friend Obi-Wan.

"Where did you get that Blarno move you sent me?" Obi-Wan sounded upset. "You weren't silly enough to get one from someone you don't know?"

"Blarno move?" Bant sounded confused. "I didn't send you any Blarno move, I haven't even played in weeks."

"But you sent me one."

"No, I didn't."

"Yes you did, I just got it and it had your..." Obi-Wan was beginning to see what was happening. "...name on it. But it wasn't from you at all, was it?" The question was rhetorical. "Please can we check your terminal to see if some one sent it from here?"

"Why are you so worked up about a game move?"

"Because it's destroying my info terminal."

"The new one?"

"The new one! Qui-Gon's gonna clobber me!"

Bant rushed to her info terminal and saw that she had not sent any messages, but she was receiving some. They were from Obi-Wan, one was titled 'New Blarno Game Move'.

"I never sent you that," Obi-Wan said looking over his friend's shoulder. "Don't open it."

Bant scrambled to delete the message. "If I didn't send it, and you didn't send it, who sent it?"

"Urami." Obi-Wan let the name out past clenched teeth.

2. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    nice story
    :D

3. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    :( :( This sounds all too familar Jodi!! Geeze, I hope you didn't lose too much with your own worm.

I am nevertheless quite impressed that the problem inspired such a wonderful story!! :) :)

4. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    As they say, "If life gives you lemons, make leamonaide." [face_mischief]

5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    And a wonderfully refreshing drink it is!! :D :D

6. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    LOL- great story- and something that almost everyone can relate to!

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
  8. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Up so someone can find.

9. Jedi_Umm

Jedi_Umm Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2002
    hmmmm lol nice lemonaide. lol

Thread Status: