main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padawan Ponytail

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Primrodo, Jul 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger_A_K

Tiger_A_K Jedi Master star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    in case geocities ****s up again, heres the www

http://www.geocities.com/tiger_a_k/jedi-braid-img.bmp

keep bongin!

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Hey its great that you guys love your braids, but what about the ponytails...

3. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Tiger_A_K: people yell "jedi" at you? lucky.. lol, All I get is:
    "you do know that you have a long piece of hair sticking out, don't you?" I find myself explaining that it's from star wars over and over again....
    how long? well I keep mine trimmed to right above the waist (about where Obi-Wan wore his in ep I), otherwise it's just too long to keep up IMO, and it wouldn't really look like it was from the movie if it was any longer....but that's just my opinion. :)

Primrodo: I don't think many people wear the ponytail because it's such a drastic change for people with non-buzzed hair...and for those with, well I guess they either don't have the patience to grow it out or just don't want to.....

...but if you do want to yourself remember: no two jedi are alike. a difference like in the middle or at the top wouldn't really matter unless you are trying to copy a character exactly. As for attaching a ponytail to short hair: I would have no idea...sorry I can't really help there, but I think with all that I've said it would be safe to say that yes, I think a fan movie would be a fine excuse.

oh, and if you like your hair a certian way etc, don't let this girl control wheather or not you cut it off etc. If she just cares about your looks, I wouldn't really be sure that she was ready for a commitment...Looks aren't everything...but then again, that's just my humble opinion :)

EDIT: spelling

4. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    haha, Domtis. I would grow one, or a half one and get eth rest clipped, I think I should run into a few places and ask around :)

Its for a particular character in my movie, not any already done ones...I note dthat Anakin and Obi-Wan Padawan's were quite different...all about style I guess.

LOL! Its not likeing it a certain way, its having a pony tail be out there, haha!

So I should get her committed THEN grow teh ponytail, hahaha!

My hairs long enough to have half an inche there :) not too short now :)

I'll keep you all posted.

Justin

5. Tiger_A_K

Jan 8, 2002
    yea its awesome havin someone recognize me as a jedi, even if they're just like : "are you one of those star wars guys withe laser swords?" i get such a rush when someone yels out JEDI!!! its awesome!

and yo Domtis, how'd you manage to get it up to your waist?!! thats so long! mine barely touches my shoulder, but one day i'll catch up to you!

and yo Primordius, you hafta grow a jedi braid dude, they're totally wicked, its the coolest way to show how much a star wars nut you can be, express your inner jedi! hahaha dude, mesa sounds pretty nuts. what's that you were saying about anakin and obi having different braids? they seemd similar to me, what did you notice?

oh and since geocities is less reliable than captain needa, heres another link to my pic.

[image=http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/tiger_a_k]

100 imperial creds says that won't work either

6. Tiger_A_K

Jan 8, 2002
    blast.....geocites is a useless as a battle droid....can't post pic of jedi braid....grrrr......must...let....go....of ....anger...ahhhh

[image=http://tiger-a-k.8k.com/jedi-braid-jpg.jpg]

http://tiger-a-k.8k.com/jedi-braid-jpg.jpg

if this doesn't work then i'll print off a copy and personally hand deliver it to each of your houses. thats it i've had it with this whole 'internet' deal. thats the last time i uses geocities. >( its turning me into a sith.

lemme know if you guys can see the pic, cause its only show up for me cause its in my history.

7. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    i can see the pic...we don't need another sith

8. Primrodo

Jun 23, 2002
    You mean me, Primrodo :)

did you know your braid is on teh wrong side?

Naw, I won't do the braid...thats too much, lol!

Anakins is trimmed and groomed...Obi's was wild.

9. KEDA

KEDA Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2002
    your pic vanished....

10. FettsBounty2

FettsBounty2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2002
    I started growing my braid in May '99 and just recently cut it off (2 days before EPII). They get a good reaction from people, but trust me, you'll get tired of having it after so long.

-Austin

11. Tiger_A_K

Jan 8, 2002
    whoa my pic DID vanish!! looks like im back to turning into a sith, sorry keda, but im about to throw some Force lightning at every web provider in the galaxy

well at least some of you saw the pics of my braid, and noticed how it was on the wrong side.

i got a sad story about that. when i was at the barber, i was holding a pic of little ani from tpm, and i forgot that things are backwards in mirrors, i just held it up to my head and said: yo woman! cut my hair like a jedi! a few snips later i was some kinda inverted padawan. :(

but i just tell people that all the other Jedi have it backwatds, not me.

anyone else have pics of their braids?

12. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    Tiger: There are two reasons why mine's so long. I had relitivly long hair when I started it, and also: I've had it for 3 years and....um...about 2 months now. I guess not as many people recignize me as a "jedi" because I have long hair to go with it, only about 4 inches shorter than the braid.

sorry about the wrong side thing, but you know I guess as long as people know what it is and what it stands for, that's what counts. :)

FettsBounty2: three years is a long time, but personally, I think it's grown on me. I'll be sad when I get it cut off right after ep III at around 2:00 a.m. (My friends and I are having a ceremony right outside the theater hoping to incorperate the people in line for the second and third showing). :D

13. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Why will you cut them off after Episode III?

Mynn

14. Tiger_A_K

Jan 8, 2002
    yea Domtis, why are you gonna cut it off? keep it!!

its so awesome! today at work (ymca) a bunch of kids were like "mommy mommy look at the jedi! is he really a jedi?" i swear it was the happiest moment of my life. just for that, im keeping my braid forever

15. Master_Domtis

Dec 2, 2001
    we're going to cut them off to signify our graduation to knighthood lol. You see, we're all early to mid 20s and four of us became fans only in '97 (myself included). When we saw the padawan braid idea before the movie came out a few of us '97ers thought "lets grow braids to symbolize being apprentice star wars fans." When the last movie ends, we will have "graduated" into what we refer to as "enlightened fandom" and thus will cut off our braids. lol
    My other friends passed their trials by waiting 23 years for the prequals to arrive.

I will, however, still paint my thumbnails white, and if anyone here has any ideas as to something else (suttle, but just as obvious as a braid) I could do after I "graduate" to signify fandom I'd appreciate it.

And it's not like I'm throwing the braid away....I've got a star wars scrapbook going of every picture I've taken, every newspaper artical, every comic, every ticket stub etc that it will go in as well as picts of the ceremony lol. :D

16. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.