main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padmé/Jedi AU Planning Thread SPOILERS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by AngelQueen, Nov 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    I definitely agree on Winerva. That would definitely work. How about she never tells Padme that she is her grandmother, the Jedi merely say that she is a teacher to instruct their Diplomat hopefuls.

ChristmasAngel, we've kinda already settled in. I hope you'll consider giving us advice when we need it! Your work is wonderful!!!

As to what is next, how about a creche master settles Padme in while having a conversation with Qui-Gon, who's a Jedi Knight at this point and has just aquired his first apprentice of whom he is very proud, Xanatos. Perhaps he makes helps out on settling her in and she kind of gives him a smile or some sort of gesture.

Who's going next?

AQ

2. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Well, I haven't read any of the JA books, so someone else should write this... :)

3. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Hello?

AQ

4. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    I think this might be a problem for me too, as I haven't read any of the JA books either so I don't really have a handle on what Qui-Gon was like, or Xanatos for that matter.

Hmm... Do any of the others have any experience on this? I will be able to contribute more during her training etc with her own Master, but I wouldn't feel right trying to write Qui-Gon without knowing him that well.

Let me take a crack at something this evening and put it up here in the planning thread for you all to have a look at first before I put it on the main board.

EDIT: OK, I think I've got something that works, and it leads up nicely to someone writing about Qui-Gon and Xanatos. Check out the thread to see it.

5. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Yeah, I read all the JAs ....

6. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I could write up the next part with Qui-gon and Xanatos. I just need to know what to do. Also, are we making Qui-gon younger? Because Xanatos is Qui-gon's second Padawan, not his first.

7. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Well, first off, I'm going to say that Jairen did great with what he posted! The Creche Master was sweet!

Ok, back to business. Would we have to make Qui younger? In TPM, hadn't Qui and Obi been Master and Padawan for about 10 years? So it would have been right about when she was born that Xanatos first started going Dark Side. Four years later, Obi and Qui get together.

Of course, I could be way out in left field, since I've only read a few JA's. [face_blush]

Who would like to do the Qui/Xanatos meets baby Padme scene? Neon? Pallas? Mar? You guys get to decide, as Jairen and I have already posted.

AQ

8. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Um, AQ, I think I'd like to go when the things are a little bit more settled... :) So why don't Pallas and Neon go now, and me after them? :D

9. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    All right Mar. Thats fine! Pallas and Neon, it's up to you who goes next.

BTW, Jairen, when Ki-Vai said that he'd known (or will know) women from Naboo whose names end with the same letter, did he mean Padmé, Sabé, Rabé, Yané, Saché, and Eirtaé? Just curious.

AQ

10. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, got my feet wet as they say. Thanks for the great words. It was short, but I just wanted to get my feet under me in the story and get something written.

Glad you liked Ki-Vai. I always wanted a Jedi that was coming towards the end of his time, but still has some strength under his skin. Really looking forward to him and Padmé clashing during her training. She'll be surprised how much of a Jedi he still is :D

Yeah, AQ, I thought it would be cool to have the original handmaidens turn up in the future. After all, the Queen of Naboo could still visit at some point. She just won't be Padmé :D And imagine having a link from the second post to something that won't happen until deep within the story. Great for those second/third/fourth/umpteenth read through.

EDIT: Going to edit the post slightly to remove "new" from before Padawan. The next writer can come up with a reason for them being there that still fits in with some of the general timelines then. My knowledge of the JA is non-existant, so I didn't know what the timing was for Xanatos. (Why is it I can't think of anything but Gargoyles when I hear that name ?[face_plain] )

11. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    :) Clever, Jairen! Very clever!! :D

AQ

12. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    So, has there been a decision on who's going to write the next post?

AQ

13. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    I am trying to work on a post, but I am bit unsure about it. Any ideas would be good. BTW: Don't want to sound so annoying, but Qui-gon is in his sixties and Obi-wan about twenty five in TPM. They were together for about twelve years, and there is no telling how long Qui-gon refused to take another Padawan after Xanatos. So it ranges. Also, what type of Xani do you want? Light, gray or dark? ;)

14. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Well, how about a dark gray Xanatos. He's almost to the Dark Side, but Qui's natural faith in the basic goodness of all creatures has him blind to it.

Hmm... well, if Qui and Obi work together about 12 years, then they'd be Master/Padawan when Padmé turns two, so if we want to stick to that, then Xani would have to fall really soon.

But that's just my opinion. It's your post Neon, so you have final say.

AQ

15. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Well, now that Neon has posted (which was a really great post, I might add), we need to decide who's next.

I was thinking that it could deal with Master Yoda coming to visit Padmé, since he felt that there was a great destiny before her. Master Ki and Yoda speak of what they can feel before her, when they feel a dark surge. Padmé, who has her baby instinct and understanding that adults lack, starts screaming b/c she knows that it's Xani. Of course, Master Yoda and Ki try to calm her down, along with all the other children who are crying. Once that's finished, Yoda leaves and speaks with perhaps Mace Windu of the disturbance that even the infants felt. Perhaps they mention that it's unusual for someone who isn't trained to feel the disturbance.

Well, that's my idea. If anyone has any, feel free to post them. Who would like the next post, BTW? Pallas, Mar? You two haven't posted yet.

AQ

16. Pallas-Athena

Pallas-Athena TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Nov 29, 2000
    Sounds good. Mar, would you like to go? I'm stuck writing a term paper, so if I go next, you'll have to give in a few days ...

17. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    OK, I can go. But it will be in a couple of days... :( :) Maybe on Wednesday, I have a lot of free time then. :)

18. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Wednesday? :) :D We'll be waiting!

AQ

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Hello? Mar? Neon? Jairen? Pallas? Where'd everybody go?

AQ

20. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    I'm here... :) And trying to think of a post but it isn't going... AAARRGGGHH!!! :mad: Sith take that Force-damned Darth Writer's Block!!! ;)

21. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Well, Mar, I posted an idea earlier so if you want to use that and expand on it a little, you're welcome to. Or if you want to come up with something yourself, that's fine too!

AQ

22. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Thanks, AQ. :) It's not the matter of an idea... it's just I can't get the juices flowing... :( ;) :)

23. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Thats perfectly all right Mar! Take your time!

AQ

24. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Hey Mar! How's the post coming? DWB been impaled on a lightsabre yet? :D

AQ

25. Mar17swgirl

Dec 26, 2000
    Yup, I think (THINK!!!) I got rid of him... ;) I'll write the post either tonight or tomorrow. :) :D And again, sorry for this taking me so long.... [face_blush] :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.