main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Padmé Amidala MEGAthread - Don't look at her that way. It makes her uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Ganesh Ujwal, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    She died of a broken script.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

But he could have sensed it.

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I assume you mean Street of Shadows? That autopsy also said there was only one child and that it died. There's a reason why the autopsy is contradicted by the movie. Did death by strangulation happen or did it not?

4. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Anakin did predict death by childbirth.....he predicted his mom was in danger, he predicted Qui gon my free slaves....maybe we are not giving Anakin enough credit here.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Its possible of blood loss.

6. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But a droid making an error is 7,000 to 1.

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    This was a fantastic read from RetroZap. Talk about a mind frack!

mes520 likes this.
  9. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

Well, she did die in childbirth. She just didn't die due to childbirth.

There are actually reports of such things happening in real life. It also happens all the time in fiction, especially stories set in the realm of myth and fantasy.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    3. Star Wars has become mythology itself and this is never more true than in the prequels.

4. The novel was based on an earlier version of the script and also contains information that is from Lucas regarding his intentions of thoughts going on in the characters minds at the time based on that script.

11. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    What did Padmé die of?

Too much cowbell.

Ezon Pin and Sarge like this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    But she had the fever! It was the only cure!

13. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The ROTS novelization ( which was allegedly line-edited by Lucas ) doesn't say anything about damage to the throat. That was in a widely misunderstood passage in Coruscant Nights.

14. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I've also heard the theory that Anakin was unconsciously draining her life energy into himself in order to survive the injuries he got on Mustafar as he was transformed into Vader - similar to how he channeled the last of the Daughter's life force into Ahsoka in the Mortis episodes of TCW. There's no canon evidence for that one, but I think it's an interesting explanation.

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  15. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    I came across this fan theory the other day, personally I never looked at it that way, it is kinda interesting but fan theory none the less

http://www.retrozap.com/padme-didnt-die-of-a-broken-heart/

basically it says Palpatine drained Padme's life force to Keep Vader alive. What do you guys think of this I mean we all know it wasn't the force choke that killed her

16. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    I think it makes perfect sense and is a very reasonable to assume that that is what happened.

Darth Schlotkin likes this.
  17. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I always just assumed that Palpatine was lying at the end. He knew that Anakin feared she would die and played off that to make Vader dependent on him.

enigmaticjedi and Andy Wylde like this.
  18. DARTHLINK

DARTHLINK Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2005
    Didn't they make her lie flat on her back to give birth? No wonder she died, then. That's the last position a woman in labor needs to be in.

19. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Well, I already posted this in the other thread but okay.

20. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I don't think Sidious lied nor do I think Sidious caused her death.

21. Imperial Reject

Imperial Reject Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    oh lol I didn't know that's why I don't start one threads more often lol

mes520 likes this.
  22. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I actually don't want to know what she died of actually. I could go on just fine not knowing. SW is a sci-fi fantasy genre film. Her dying is the fantasy element of the film. I do realize there are more fantasy elements than that, but I don't want people to think that is the ONLY one I am referring to. The fantasy element works for some and not others. Which is fine by me. I really prefer not to have a medical diagnosis attached to her death to make it more real. That is what I love so much about SW, is it ISN'T REAL! So my SOD is very high for movies like this. It helps me enjoy them more. If I walk into a movie expecting "realness", then SW just isn't going to work for me.

23. Mindless Monster

Mindless Monster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 4, 2014
    I don't really agree with this particular theory. ROTS is a Greek tragedy. It's really that simple. How many times have we seen this story? A desperate hero makes a pact with the devil to achieve greater power or save someone he loves and in an ironic twist that very arrangement ends up costing him everything. It's a simple yet effective storytelling device.

You could say this theory doesn't contradict what I just stated, but I think the type of story ROTS tells lends itself to a more straightforward interpretation of the events of the film.

24. Darth Schlotkin

Darth Schlotkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 6, 2015

This.

25. enigmaticjedi

enigmaticjedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 2, 2011
    This.

ROTS is a Greek tragedy. It reminds me of Oedipus Rex. By joining the Sith to prevent his fated vision of Padme's death, he ends up causing that very future to happen.

Although I have to admit the fan theory sounds cool, I don't think it is likely. Most likely, Sidious lies to Vader so he can delve into the dark side of his anger and despair.

As for Padme's death, the droid's line is terrible. As aforementioned in another topic, I think the droid should have said that Padme's emotional state is exacerbating minor complications with the pregnancy; in conjunction, the two factors killed her.