main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Padmé YA novel CONFIRMED (Queen’s Shadow by EK Johnston)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bsmith7174, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  2. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    At this point Panini aren't allowed to confirm anything. That power lies only with Lucasfilm.

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I hope they don't delay (or worse, cancel it) because it has leaked.

4. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    Nah, no way they'll cancel a novel because an announcement has leaked. (My shelf would be much emptier if they did.) If they have cancelled it, it would have happened for entirely different reasons.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yea, I think may have been cancelled. This is how Disney does things now I guess or Lucasfilm or whatever, Was looking forward to the Padme book.

6. Lady_Skywalker87

Lady_Skywalker87 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 4, 2008
  7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017

wut

8. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If it was announced for April of 2018, that's really soon. They wouldn't do that without a lot of pomp and circumstance for a major character. When the announcement came up it wasn't through a formal announcement -- more like when Amazon posts a placeholder page for something. Often the details and estimated date change. This looks like a simple case of a publisher jumping a gun on the book listing side of things.

Revanfan1 and vncredleader like this.
  9. Yunzabit

Yunzabit Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2015
    Nah its gone. Instead they are going to release a Padme-Anakin sex tape

10. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    o_O Uh... Anyway, I really hope this book happens. I *want* to like Padmé but have had a seriously difficult time with that from what media I've so far consumed involving her. But I still think there's lots of potential for cool stories and explorations of her headspace from anywhere on her timeline starring a presentation of Padmé that I can enjoy. :) And count me among the posters who would love to have more content featuring the handmaidens and Panaka!

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  11. bsmith7174

bsmith7174 Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I bet they are waiting until after TLJ comes out to announce more books. They are 100% focused on TLJ right now. I wouldn't be worried.

tatooinesandworm likes this.
  12. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    Okay TLJ is over. Lets get the book announcements. After my horrific attempt at reading Artemis, I'm all out of books to read and want this to happem

13. germanjedi

germanjedi Jedi Knight

Nov 7, 2017
    I wouldn't expect any announcements this year... and also not before a Solo teaser. (Except maybe for the TLJ novelisations, which have already been announced but SWcom hasn't posted the covers yet.)

14. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I am so down for a Padme novel! Yes please!

15. JediKnight75

JediKnight75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 15, 2011
    Me too! This has been needed for a long time! Padme was one of the most important characters in the PT and yet has never gotten the attention she deserves. To be honest, however, one book isn't enough. Padme needs a Duology or trilogy. Padme did a lot in her life and we've seen almost none of it. I'd like to see her establish her career in the senate and then her opposition to the military creation act. From there, show her work during the Clone Wars; I know this has been show a little in TCW, but I'd like a more in depth look at her in this period. I think I'm most interested in her work during the Separatist Crisis. I get the impression this was one of the largest parts of her career and so a good time to explore her character. Also, the Separatist Crisis has been unexplored and Padme would probably be the best POV for this.

16. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Ditto.. I feel that TCW did such a poor job in this regard, since she gets the archetype treatment rather than character.

Hypatia and JediKnight75 like this.
  17. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    True, it always seem like Padme was working against the Republic every political episode.

18. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    Well that might be because she's used as a righteous mouth piece for whatever moral the episode was trying to push..:rolleyes:

19. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Kinda failed miserably in my opinion. Senate Murders, Heroes on Both Sides and Pursuit of Peace could've worked if Padme had been a bit less antagonistic towards clones she fought alongside at Geonosis. Yes, she could be trying to end the war, but at the same time she should be finding a way to balance the war, the needs of civilians and the powers voted to Palpatine.

20. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    @Noash_Retrac I completely agree with you. While I believe that Padmè would have been antagonistic to the clones privately as she was against the MCA in the first place, her public face would be one of support because of the difficult position she's left in by the events of AOTC. I also would have loved to see more unspoken tension between her and Palps...as I believe there to be a lot, despite Amidala's "I can't believe it has come to this...' line in the ROTS deleted scene; instead she seemed his freaking cheerleader in lot of episodes!!! Then how her Marital relationship was handled was disgusting as well...so much lost character potential is still frustrating!!!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  21. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    I also couldn't see Padme in any of it, particularly her voice. Should've asked Natalie Portman to return...

22. Lady_Skywalker87

Aug 4, 2008
    @Noash_Retrac or Grey DeLisle...I was never really a fan of Taber either.

23. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Nice to hear. May pick this one up.

24. Yunzabit

Apr 5, 2015
    I wonder if this was just a hoax

25. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    No one cares what you wonder about.