Padme Amidala Padmé's ROTS sleeveless outfit

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Obi Anne, Jan 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JM_Reider_Undasey Force Ghost

star 2
    Im actually going to do this one too. Im going to C III and im doing the four day pass deal, so im doing two costumes. I got a few cloth swatches today. I dont know if im going to do this in moleskin, or this woven fabric i got that is rather nice. The other costume im doing is the dress she wears on the balcony on coruscant in the trailer, when 3PO says "I feel so helpless". Does anyone know if she has the naboo crest on the arm bands? I know they incorporated it into her other costumes...or is it in the brooch? I havent seen a good pic of it yet to decide.
  2. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
    There is a Naboo symbol on the top side of her left gauntlet. :)
  3. JM_Reider_Undasey Force Ghost

star 2
    thank you so much! you guys are great.
  4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    The Visual Dictionary has a picture of Padmé in this costume (one that has been seen before). The interesting tidbit is that it has a few descriptive lines about it. (No spoilers.)

It labels the leather straps on her bodice this way: Harness eases back pain.

And for her boots it reads: Boots contain cushioned inserts.

It's a pregnancy friendly outfit. [face_laugh]
  5. Jedi_Samantha Jedi Master

star 4
    It's a pregnancy friendly outfit.

LMAO!!
  6. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    I love those descriptions in the Visual Dictionary :p lmao
  7. starwarschick14 Force Ghost

star 4
  8. jedilucass Jedi Master

star 2
    Pregancy friendly! LOL! I have a source for the leather for the straps- it's a local leather store that does custom belts and the like- I haven't gotten around to getting a price from them yet- I'm also going to go the clay route to the buckle and brooch- then maybe gold foil them. Not too sure on that- either way, sintra isn't a good choice- too bad I found that out the hard way.

~Laura
  9. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    Now you can tell your leather supplier that you need it to make a pregnancy back pain easing harness. :p
  10. jedilucass Jedi Master

star 2
    Good idea! My dad keeps saying if I mention it's for costuming and I mention them if I win, I should get it for free... but, this is even better! "Yes, I'm looking for some leather straps, about 2 and a half inches wide, for a pregancy back pain easing harness."
    LOL! :)

~Laura
  11. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    tee-hee hee! It could be worth it just to see what sort of reaction you get from them. [face_mischief]
  12. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Got a lot done on this costume, the top is finished, the "harness" is done :p, just working on the guantlets, they are hemmed i just need to embroider the symbol and the sew the sides shut, i should have pics of the whole outfit together on tuesday, minus the broach and buckle and hair
  13. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i have a pic of the naboo symbol i embroidered onto the sleeve here should have pics of the rest of it up tomorrow :)
  14. Tenyon Jedi Knight

star 2
    nice embroidery liann :)
  15. Benae_Quee Jedi Master

star 4
  16. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  17. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
  18. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Looks very nice!

I tried to make a brooch on Sunday, but I managed to get the oven way too high, so it just became a burnt black mess.
  19. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Here are some pics of my partially completed costume, i need to fix the one strap its a little loose
  20. Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus

star 4
    That turned out great liann. :)
  21. jedilucass Jedi Master

star 2
    It looks great! How did you do your collar, if you don't mind me asking?
    ~Laura
  22. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks, i took a rectangular piece of fabric, pinned it to the collar folded it over and then cut the shape i wanted, it basically came out to a half circle type shape, i had to put an angled seam in the middle of the back to make it stand up properly, i'll take a pic of my mockup pattern piece i used tomorrow :)
  23. liannb Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    just got my action figure and i scanned the pic on the box and on closer inspection the buckle is all open work, you can completely see the straps underneath, its going to be tricky to make well, its very delicate and a lot of detail.
  24. Obi Anne FF admin Celebrations, Europe

Administrator
    star 7
    Oops, that's not good for me. I've already done it and the brooch in a different style. Since I'm a bit "artisticly challenged" when it comes to anything except fabric I just took hold of the general shape and not the details.
  25. mgmcpa Jedi Knight

star 1
    Did you notice you can see Padme in this outfit (just from the breasts up) in the new Tragedy TV ad? A good shot of the collar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.